Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#578233 Aug 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask because it seems that at the core of even current or past belief, they see a "supernatural" deity looking back at them, no matter how logically they approach it, and that applies to pretty much all deity beliefs.
The belief in a 'deity' does not mean that stories involving that deity are factual.

I believe the Civil War occurred. I do not believe the Red Badge of Courage is a factual account of that war.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#578234 Aug 25, 2013
Etymology for "dragon"

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...

Hebrew word for "dragon"

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#578235 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>So did Lot force himself on his daughters or did his daughters drug him... I mean, force themselves on their father?
Not to worry Qu, it's just allegory, right?

Would it make a difference?

MY first thought was, he lied in every word,
That hoary cripple, with malicious eye
Askance to watch the working of his lie
On mine, and mouth scarce able to afford
Suppression of the glee, that purs’d and scor’d
Its edge, at one more victim gain’d thereby.

What else should he be set for, with his staff?
What, save to waylay with his lies, ensnare
All travellers who might find him posted there,
And ask the road? I guess’d what skull-like laugh Would break, what crutch ’gin write my epitaph
For pastime in the dusty thoroughfare,

~ Robert Browning

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#578236 Aug 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on how hungry you are, doesn't it?
Donner, party of 6.
Donner, party of 5.
That is absolutely correct. I would eat you before you woke up if I were hungry enough.

Location hidden

#578237 Aug 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never eat a person...without her permission.
You are definitely NOT a survivor then.

#578238 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>So did Lot force himself on his daughters or did his daughters drug him... I mean, force themselves on their father?
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to worry Qu, it's just allegory, right?
Would it make a difference?
MY first thought was, he lied in every word,
That hoary cripple, with malicious eye
Askance to watch the working of his lie
On mine, and mouth scarce able to afford
Suppression of the glee, that purs’d and scor’d
Its edge, at one more victim gain’d thereby.
What else should he be set for, with his staff?
What, save to waylay with his lies, ensnare
All travellers who might find him posted there,
And ask the road? I guess’d what skull-like laugh Would break, what crutch ’gin write my epitaph
For pastime in the dusty thoroughfare,
~ Robert Browning
Well... so what is the answer to my question as I replied to your earlier posting of Lot and his daughters.

#578239 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
"Thus says the Lord God:
“Behold, I am against you,
Pharaoh king of Egypt,
the great dragon that lies
in the midst of his streams,
that says,‘My Nile is my own..."
Ezekiel 29:3
Again, the Bible is referring to Pharaoh here as the great dragon.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#578240 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't help but to see that there were close to 3/4 dislikes as there were likes... so why I wondered. I kinda agree with this guy/gal's comment in your link:
"The glass of water only contained the the amount that was in it the entire time, whether that be in a solid or a liquid form. There was no new&#65279; mass added to it. In contrast, the vast majority of the Earths ice deposits sit on top of above sea level land masses. The ice isn't already part of the total volume of the oceans because it is being held at a level above them. Take a glass full of water, fill it to the top, and suspend a melting ice cube above the glass for 2 hours, see what happens."
That is true of most of the Antarctic Icecap. Most of the Northern Icecap is sitting on top of the water and is why during the annual melting of a great deal of it, the oceans don't rise at all.

Location hidden

#578241 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Please cite your source that Moses' staff was Asherah.
I think that you may referring to an asherah pole but it is not the same thing as a staff. So I would say that Moses staff was simply a staff that God used for demonstrative purposes. But Abraham left Ur and in doing so he left all of the idols to worship the true God. But throughout history, Israel would fall into idol worship and forsake the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob... after they repented, they came back to God. But Lilith, asherah, Ashtoreth, hekate, heqet, artemis etc... all part of the same female principle cult with their names changed.. Lilith by the way is called a demon goddess, so is hekate also known as queen of the witches... same principle but different names and the myths changed somewhat.
I do not need a source. It is self evident. Just like your deity.
When you can prove your deity exists, then I will prove that Asherah was the staff of Moses.
Until then, you will just have to take my word for it...just as I will have to take your word that your deity exists.
Are you getting the point now?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#578242 Aug 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My early years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KYEXQTrpRZcXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Those were some of my more favorite movies, btw.

Some years.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#578243 Aug 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The belief in a 'deity' does not mean that stories involving that deity are factual.
I believe the Civil War occurred. I do not believe the Red Badge of Courage is a factual account of that war.
Yeah, that's a given.

#578244 Aug 25, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Some proof would be nice.
Also, you can't preach original sin from a physics standpoint.
Done earlier.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#578245 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say that at all. I mentioned the opposite of that a couple days ago but didn't go into detail. I said that our bodies were originally designed to live forever. And yesterday I did say that after the fall of Adam and Eve.... their cells started to deteriorate. In other words, sin initiated death and that genetic makeup was passed down to us. The closer the generations were to Adam and Eve, the more pure their gene pool... overtime it became more corrupted with random mutations and other genetic variations.
I have to give you credit for thinking and communicating about this stuff in a mature and informed way.

"The Bible said so!" Gets old fast.

Thanks!

Location hidden

#578246 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>What was it about this scripture which you believe show God as a weak God or weaker than El? He is El. What this scripture shows me is that God didn't want man to turn out like this. It wasn't His original intent for making man and He didn't cause man to turn out this way.
"The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.
The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled."
Genesis 6
Yes. El himself was was a weakling, and a reprobate.
If your deity had any sense of "godliness" it would never have made the abhorable mistakes it did.

#578247 Aug 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not need a source. It is self evident. Just like your deity.
When you can prove your deity exists, then I will prove that Asherah was the staff of Moses.
Until then, you will just have to take my word for it...just as I will have to take your word that your deity exists.
Are you getting the point now?
It is self-evident that Moses' staff was Asherah? No Source. No problem.

#578248 Aug 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to give you credit for thinking and communicating about this stuff in a mature and informed way.
"The Bible said so!" Gets old fast.
Thanks!
No problem... I'm excited that you guys are keeping me on my toes to research further into it. I felt kind of bad about just posting a few comments and leaving out.... and now that I posted almost an all nighter I think I'm making others upset... <<<facepalm>> >

Touch and go works better I think.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#578249 Aug 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> That is absolutely correct. I would eat you before you woke up if I were hungry enough.
You can have my right leg.

It's a bit charred, I think.

You assume that I sleep. Why?

Location hidden

#578250 Aug 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
If you come to my morgue when you die, you will be taken care of. When your loved ones come to identify you, they will be shown professionalism and compassion. I am not a robot. I wasn't built to be cruel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fwrCjnZK7NUXX
Not to worry. My(very close) family has already agreed to consume my body in a Pyre. Illegal as it is, it will be done according to agreement. It is what it is.

#578251 Aug 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. El himself was was a weakling, and a reprobate.
If your deity had any sense of "godliness" it would never have made the abhorable mistakes it did.
You way you seem to be talking about my Deity is as if He is real.

Location hidden

#578252 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>If you set the sets of the program to never violate the 'availability'... then how is it ever going to make a freewill computation? Because you are "forcing" the program to go another way even though you made the availability to transgress available.
So really, the programmed item has no autonomy the way you set it. It has "no choice" but to do it your way and what one has is a toy... not something that genuinely "wants to" trust your judgement. But what if you instructed it not to go into that availability, gave the reason why, let the program know what would happen if it did go down that path and some how . let the program have the autonomy of making it's own decision? Now even though the program would do it your way all the time... at least the program has the "propensity" and ability of having freewill. So the decision it would make would be based on loyalty, faith and trust.
My point is, God put that "one tree" there for the same reasons... to generate the ability of having freewill. One tree out of possibly millions and millions of species (paths) to choose from.
I never intended to have a "program" to have "freewill". I would only program any OS to have the authority of the operator as it's administrator.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min nanoanomaly 87,969
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min crucifiedguy 284,507
FATIH SIEMENS Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62 35 SIEMENS F... 42 min buzser 1
Siemens Cerrahpasa Siemens Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62... 45 min buzser 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 49 min Devil number 666 977,214
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 51 min Truthiness 480
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Truthiness 28
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr -KENTUCKY- 665,191
More from around the web