Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#578225 Aug 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread has gone straight to hell, hasn't it?
Sticky panties and all.
We should get back to scriptures.
And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.
31 And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father [is] old, and [there is] not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:
32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.
33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.
34 And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in,[and] lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.
35 And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.
36 Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.
So did Lot force himself on his daughters or did his daughters drug him... I mean, force themselves on their father?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#578226 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I did mention that sin is missing the mark on an earlier post today.... we could possibly agree that it is a cause for degeneration of humanity (at least that is what I believe).
But no surprise in the sciences as it was already prophesied that these things will come to pass:
"But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll UNTIL the time of THE END. Many will go here and there TO INCREASE KNOWLEDGE."
Daniel 12:4
...doesn't the etymology of the word "science" mean "knowledge" or something to that effect?
Without "knowledge" you have no wisdom, without knowledge and wisdom, you have no means of proper discernment. Without the preceding elements, you have no basis for future cognition of eventual events.
It is what it is.

#578227 Aug 25, 2013
"Thus says the Lord God:

“Behold, I am against you,
Pharaoh king of Egypt,
the great dragon that lies
in the midst of his streams,
that says,‘My Nile is my own..."

Ezekiel 29:3

#578228 Aug 25, 2013
"Egypt will become a desolate wasteland. Then they will know that I am the LORD. "'Because you said,'The Nile is mine, I made it,' "

Ezekiel 29:9

“What?”

Location hidden

#578229 Aug 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>That must've been a LOT of wine...
Take your pick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dFtzTb8uhdIXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Lot might have chosen both.
My early years.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#578230 Aug 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Always a pleasure, and yours as well.
Lemme ask you this; Do you think the current view of Judaic scripture is a recent development or has it always been as such, IE: They've always seen it as allegorical in all respects?
I ask because it seems that at the core of even current or past belief, they see a "supernatural" deity looking back at them, no matter how logically they approach it, and that applies to pretty much all deity beliefs.
Based on the volumes of Rabbinical literature, it has been the majority view since at least the first century BC.

Location hidden

#578231 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Captain Black, here is what I posted to Hiding earlier:
<quoted text>It is true that within the Christian arena, our "understandings" or even "misunderstandings" determines our worldview in that matter.
The true meaning of sin in Christianity is the idea of one "who misses the mark." You know, I've read that when the Space shuttle was in operation... that in preparation of making re-entry into earth the pilot had to be thoroughly precise and make sure that the shuttle hit the exact mark of entry. If they were off that mark by even the slightest degree then they would end up hundreds of miles off course.
So as far as sin is concerned in Christianity, the question may be raised, "Misses which mark? The mark in this sense is complete trust in God and (at times painstaking) obedience to His will. For example, it isn't God's will that any man perish but that all come to repentance. So from a Christian perspective, those who "continually" choose not to repent (or change course of action)... are "off course" and their current rate of descent is into a place into which it would be better if one was never born.
Using the idea of a faithful GPS that recalculates an avenue to get one back on course when one turns away, so it is with God who makes a way for humanity to get back on course through Christ Jesus.... even on down to an individual basis when a Christian slips up. "But" like the idea of a GPS which cannot control a person's freedom of movenment.... so it is with our freedom of choice.
Now with anything which separates from the mainstream (in any religion), there are different sub-cultures like denominations (or actual cults as one understands them in a negative sense) within Christendom who have differing intensities on their views on sin.
You can call the differences all the names you want. ALL of them are wrong in their interpretations...including yours.
Yes...including yours.
Your interpretations of "truth" are based on recapitulated and perverted versions of truth from a belief that preceded your "new" belief by at least 20,000 years, and probably even more.

#578232 Aug 25, 2013
Pharaoh serpent representation on the crown:

http://www.google.com/imgres...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#578233 Aug 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask because it seems that at the core of even current or past belief, they see a "supernatural" deity looking back at them, no matter how logically they approach it, and that applies to pretty much all deity beliefs.
The belief in a 'deity' does not mean that stories involving that deity are factual.

I believe the Civil War occurred. I do not believe the Red Badge of Courage is a factual account of that war.

#578234 Aug 25, 2013
Etymology for "dragon"

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...

Hebrew word for "dragon"

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...

“What?”

Location hidden

#578235 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>So did Lot force himself on his daughters or did his daughters drug him... I mean, force themselves on their father?
Not to worry Qu, it's just allegory, right?

Would it make a difference?

MY first thought was, he lied in every word,
That hoary cripple, with malicious eye
Askance to watch the working of his lie
On mine, and mouth scarce able to afford
Suppression of the glee, that purs’d and scor’d
Its edge, at one more victim gain’d thereby.

What else should he be set for, with his staff?
What, save to waylay with his lies, ensnare
All travellers who might find him posted there,
And ask the road? I guess’d what skull-like laugh Would break, what crutch ’gin write my epitaph
For pastime in the dusty thoroughfare,

~ Robert Browning

Location hidden

#578236 Aug 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on how hungry you are, doesn't it?
Donner, party of 6.
Donner, party of 5.
That is absolutely correct. I would eat you before you woke up if I were hungry enough.

Location hidden

#578237 Aug 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never eat a person...without her permission.
You are definitely NOT a survivor then.

#578238 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>So did Lot force himself on his daughters or did his daughters drug him... I mean, force themselves on their father?
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to worry Qu, it's just allegory, right?
Would it make a difference?
MY first thought was, he lied in every word,
That hoary cripple, with malicious eye
Askance to watch the working of his lie
On mine, and mouth scarce able to afford
Suppression of the glee, that purs’d and scor’d
Its edge, at one more victim gain’d thereby.
What else should he be set for, with his staff?
What, save to waylay with his lies, ensnare
All travellers who might find him posted there,
And ask the road? I guess’d what skull-like laugh Would break, what crutch ’gin write my epitaph
For pastime in the dusty thoroughfare,
~ Robert Browning
Well... so what is the answer to my question as I replied to your earlier posting of Lot and his daughters.

#578239 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
"Thus says the Lord God:
“Behold, I am against you,
Pharaoh king of Egypt,
the great dragon that lies
in the midst of his streams,
that says,‘My Nile is my own..."
Ezekiel 29:3
Again, the Bible is referring to Pharaoh here as the great dragon.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#578240 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't help but to see that there were close to 3/4 dislikes as there were likes... so why I wondered. I kinda agree with this guy/gal's comment in your link:
"The glass of water only contained the the amount that was in it the entire time, whether that be in a solid or a liquid form. There was no new&#65279; mass added to it. In contrast, the vast majority of the Earths ice deposits sit on top of above sea level land masses. The ice isn't already part of the total volume of the oceans because it is being held at a level above them. Take a glass full of water, fill it to the top, and suspend a melting ice cube above the glass for 2 hours, see what happens."
That is true of most of the Antarctic Icecap. Most of the Northern Icecap is sitting on top of the water and is why during the annual melting of a great deal of it, the oceans don't rise at all.

Location hidden

#578241 Aug 25, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Please cite your source that Moses' staff was Asherah.
I think that you may referring to an asherah pole but it is not the same thing as a staff. So I would say that Moses staff was simply a staff that God used for demonstrative purposes. But Abraham left Ur and in doing so he left all of the idols to worship the true God. But throughout history, Israel would fall into idol worship and forsake the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob... after they repented, they came back to God. But Lilith, asherah, Ashtoreth, hekate, heqet, artemis etc... all part of the same female principle cult with their names changed.. Lilith by the way is called a demon goddess, so is hekate also known as queen of the witches... same principle but different names and the myths changed somewhat.
I do not need a source. It is self evident. Just like your deity.
When you can prove your deity exists, then I will prove that Asherah was the staff of Moses.
Until then, you will just have to take my word for it...just as I will have to take your word that your deity exists.
Are you getting the point now?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#578242 Aug 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My early years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KYEXQTrpRZcXX
Those were some of my more favorite movies, btw.

Some years.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#578243 Aug 25, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The belief in a 'deity' does not mean that stories involving that deity are factual.
I believe the Civil War occurred. I do not believe the Red Badge of Courage is a factual account of that war.
Yeah, that's a given.

#578244 Aug 25, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Some proof would be nice.
Also, you can't preach original sin from a physics standpoint.
Done earlier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 2,617
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min UMORONRACEUMAKEWO... 119,218
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Michael 679,163
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Rider on the Storm 184,831
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr waaasssuuup 445,838
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,269
Iranian Brother & Sister wanted For FRAUD!!! 5 hr Bella Esmail Moore 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 hr UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 982,141
More from around the web