Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#577943 Aug 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>(sin is) not shared in other countries or religions. So it's not a universal explanation.
I would have to, with respect, disagree in part with you there. Though "the exact Christian representation" of the idea of sin isn't there... the universal idea of a violation of something (a moral value or ethic) to God, to a government or a principle is always there. So wrongdoing... or "somethin' somethin' done gone wrong" is always there and universally recognized.

Buddhist and Hindus believe in the idea that negative actions causes negative karma which in turn produces negative consequences. We were recently discussing witches and even those on the right-handed path "sometimes" observe something the threefold law of return and the rede.... so forth and so on with other religious concepts of some violation. Heck, even with the intro of thermodynamics in the industrial age had its disappointment.... as "entropy" violated the "original intent" and desire in the industrial age for thermodynamics.

Basically, sin is like entropy in one virtual sense. Entropy in physics is the measure of chaos and disorder within a closed system. Adam and Eve were in a closed system state of perfectedness (with autonomous freewill mind you, that is, the freedom to choose) and they lost that perfectedness when Adam himself chose to disobey - and that is when sin entered into that closed system...and entro-...ah... I mean sin has been on the increase ever since the dawn of our own age.

"Therefore, just as sin entered the world THROUGH ONE MAN, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people..." Romans 5:12

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#577944 Aug 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I realize you get awfully invested in Topix. But please try to not dream about me. It's kinda creepy that it could even be a possibility!
It's funny how poorly you guys react to being shown you are wrong. So you tried to speak about the Bible out of ignorance and received correction. No need to get all worked up and start getting personal Mac. It you have nightmares about every person who corrects you then you will never get a good night sleep.
Just say "thank you Skom, that was silly of me to start talking like I knew anything about the Bible"
See I admit when I haven't heard of or read an author. I don't start posting out of my ass and then get mad and project my inadequacy on someone else when corrected.
I'm glad I was able to help;)
Perhaps you could tutor Redneck Hick.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#577945 Aug 24, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Largely in denial of reality. ;)
Your alternate evidence? present it.
Prove god Mithras did not exist 600 years prior to your myth. Do the same thing with Krishna. Similar story. Statues of Mithras survive to this day.
The desert religions have one book - let me repeat that... One Book.
This book has been written, rewritten, abridged , Obfuscated literally thousands of times.
Better yet if you can afford it, travel to Egypt
Visit to Valley of the kings, I recommend the tour.
Important!
Ask your tour guide about Moses!
hi "iMPOTENT" LITTLE Votze and head Schwanz defeated idiot?

buy him ticket to Egypt you bescheure krank kleine Scheisse?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577946 Aug 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
When the education of people, and by that I mean children, youth, adults etc..., became a business or career option instead of a passion driven "calling" or desire, I think we all have experienced a detriment.
My opinion.
I had always wanted to teach. I didn't get that opportunity until I was almost 40.

I had never spent more than five years at a single place of employment before this. I have been at my present school for 11 years. I love teaching.

"If you love what you do for a living, you will never have to work."

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577947 Aug 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>My doc is a woman too I told her I feel funny about dropping my pants... She said do you know how many men I have seen nude???? thousands I said OK here we go!!!!!! You know what she said??????? WOW Clownie WOW its huge.....
Did she cure the genital warts ?

LOL
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#577948 Aug 24, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly I don't understand how anyone with even rudimentary intelligence, can read the Bible and come away thinking there's something magical about this book.
Christianity cannot erase man's need for pleasure, nor can it eradicate the various sources of pleasure.
What it can do, however, and what it has been extremely effective in accomplishing, is to inculcate guilt in connection with pleasure.
The pursuit of pleasure, when accompanied by guilt, becomes a means of perpetuating chronic guilt, and this serves to reinforce one's dependence on God.
Christianity has nothing to offer a happy man living in a natural, intelligible universe.
frankly You are to stupid and rat brain is not able to read Bible,and accpet Bible as Gods Word written to the readers of this earth,

you are simple idiot,kleine Votze Gehirn voll der Raten Scheisse

you got nothing to offer logical,sensible, only scorpion venom floes from your vagina under your nose(mouth)
sahe pussy hair from your nose and lips,and them start talk about gay experienced pleasure of you on this
natural your own imgainary universe

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577949 Aug 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be a better apologetic, but I'm not so sure that the "primitive" people of the time wouldn't have understood the allegory contained there.....
Theistic response:

That proves it is the Word of God.

Academic response:

It gives weight to the possibility that these "primitive" peoples were much more advanced and knowledgeable than we once believed.

#577950 Aug 24, 2013
Hey folks, I apologize for not replying right away to some of your posts as I've been extremely limited in time and sleep as of late. But some of the posts I probably won't reply to if it could lead to much argument and insults. With that said, headed to the gym 'fore they close for the day after the next song.

Love Quin
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#577951 Aug 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Genius.
like you
HE HEEEEEEEEEEE

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577952 Aug 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
...It'd be difficult to prove they couldn't or did, but still, stories of allegory have been and still are used - usually tailored to the people of the time, and at the time - so I do think it's possible that it could have been understood as an allegorical representation of the origins of a people or culture, and in subsequent centuries merged into literal beliefs, with the allegorical components forgotten.....
According to the majority of Jews, their scriptures are all allegorical, not literal.

It is the people who misappropriated their scriptures that take it literally , and that is only a minority and that particular doctrine is barely 100 years old (See Biblical Literalism).

Your post is very interesting. Thanks.

Location hidden

#577953 Aug 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the only major massacre occurred at Mountain Meadows between Mormons and white men, not Native Americans. Relations between Mormons and Indians were relatively peaceful, conversion was the approved method ..
.. LDS teachings included the belief that NA's would undergo a change in skin color after embracing the Book of Mormon and become, "White & Delightful." Conversion, not massacre was the standard ..
Nephi 30:6: "And then shall they rejoice; for they shall know that it is a blessing unto them from the hand of God; and their scales of darkness shall begin to fall from their eyes; and many generations shall not pass away among them, save they shall be a pure and a delightsome people."
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/2-ne/30.6...
That is contrary to the aspect of evolution sis.
The coloration of skin is the advancement of human genetics in evolution to deter the harmful effect of irradiation in the "hotter" climates.
Even chimpanzees(our nearest known genetic relative on this planet) are pale or pink skinned.
Question to ponder...Why is it that they(living in the hot climate also) did not lose their hair as "humans" did, living at the very same time, and under the same natural circumstances?

Location hidden

#577954 Aug 24, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> of course, what else could you do?
Somebody has to do it. It's not a bad job.

It's a tough crowd though. I haven't been able to make one of them lol yet.

Location hidden

#577955 Aug 24, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>This is sadly true and I am one of them you speak of. I do know that I try my best each and everyday to treat others with compassion and with love as I hope that they will treat me.
Aye!
I think the teachings of the Abrahamic religion is totally unreasonable and nothing more than perverted renderings of beliefs which preceded them.
That would explain the urgency that is evident in their quest to destroy all earlier teachings and information, and make even possessing their writings an edict for death and torture.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577956 Aug 24, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is contrary to the aspect of evolution sis.
The coloration of skin is the advancement of human genetics in evolution to deter the harmful effect of irradiation in the "hotter" climates.
Even chimpanzees(our nearest known genetic relative on this planet) are pale or pink skinned.
Question to ponder...Why is it that they(living in the hot climate also) did not lose their hair as "humans" did, living at the very same time, and under the same natural circumstances?
I would point you to the aquatic ape theory.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#577957 Aug 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the majority of Jews, their scriptures are all allegorical, not literal.
It is the people who misappropriated their scriptures that take it literally , and that is only a minority and that particular doctrine is barely 100 years old (See Biblical Literalism).
Your post is very interesting. Thanks.
Always a pleasure, and yours as well.

Lemme ask you this; Do you think the current view of Judaic scripture is a recent development or has it always been as such, IE: They've always seen it as allegorical in all respects?

I ask because it seems that at the core of even current or past belief, they see a "supernatural" deity looking back at them, no matter how logically they approach it, and that applies to pretty much all deity beliefs.

Location hidden

#577958 Aug 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. thanks BT ..
.. I do hope HFY responds to this. PLEASE, try to keep it peaceful. Your knowledge of possible intervention is vast (alien or God) and we all can learn from it ..
.. how come no Christians have joined this debate ??..
This subject is "untouchable" for creationists and fundamentalists.
Do remember that as of yet, it is "speculation", and only circumstantial evidence is available. That is now subject to change radically with our growing knowledge of genetics and the science that is in discovery. The more "informed" we become, the better our ability to discover "truth" becomes.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#577959 Aug 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody has to do it. It's not a bad job.
It's a tough crowd though. I haven't been able to make one of them lol yet.
For the occasional live visitor, you should record a cough or other "human" sound, and when the live people are around, play it.
Imhotep

Windermere, FL

#577960 Aug 24, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
hi "iMPOTENT" LITTLE Votze and head Schwanz defeated idiot?
buy him ticket to Egypt you bescheure krank kleine Scheisse?
Du bist Vater erzählte mir seinen Penis nicht salzig schmecken! Lügner!
Du hast gesagt, es tat!

#577961 Aug 24, 2013
"The Son of God(((Jesus)))" Christian Song Ministry

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

Acts 4:12

Location hidden

#577962 Aug 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
and Islam.
That too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min NotSoDivineMsM 72,659
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Big Al 995,150
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 28 min Johnny 447,495
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min Goddamd Atheistsc... 699,595
Ex-girlfriend is asking to talk after months 51 min alonzo36 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Tony 6,840
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 7 hr Johnny 148