Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#577879 Aug 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a slow reader. Read a chapter, think about it, read some more.
I think they call it studying or something. LOL
.. books that require absorption of facts, memorization, must be read slowly, especially textbooks ..

.. books like SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE or THE JUNGLE are fast reads ..

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#577880 Aug 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The VPOTUS isn't important.
Vonnegut was.
"Since Alice had never received any religious instruction, and since she had led a blameless life, she never thought of her awful luck as being anything but accidents in a very busy place. Good for her."
;o)

I agree with your thoughts on the the VP, not so sure about your thoughts on Vonnegut though.

I haven't read all his stuff though, and if you've been reading along, you'll probably realize I dont remember much of what I did read from him........

Personally like I stated before I think he was just more of a cult hero then anything. It became cool to know of him and read him. He was brilliant but so were many other authors who maybe dont have the notoriety he has. JMO......

#577882 Aug 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rider imagine the eye strain of all of that.
It would be virtually impossible for me to do.........

Mornin LW.......
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#577883 Aug 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. no matter how you slice it, we use each other ..
who are"we"you and my farts?????

#577884 Aug 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. no matter how you slice it, we use each other ..
And oddly enough when we can do for others we feel better about ourselves..........
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#577885 Aug 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Vonnegut is ranked with Mark Twain, Hemingway, Steinbeck and other notable American Authors.
Kurt Vonnegut Speaks To MIT Graduating Class 1998
http://www.college-connections.com/blog/...
Here is the first part of five from a lecture Kurt Vonnegut gave at Albion College
http://fuckyeahkurtvonnegut.tumblr.com/
"This course will feature the writings of four of America’s most famous curmudgeons and misanthropes: Ambrose Bierce, Mark Twain, Kurt Vonnegut, and H. L. Mencken. There’s a reason that these gentlemen are still quoted profusely." - SCHC course catalog
http://web.schc.sc.edu/Courses/Course_Detail....
"Kurt Vonnegut created some of the most outrageously memorable novels of our time, such as Cat's Cradle, Breakfast Of Champions, and Slaughterhouse Five."
http://www.writingclasses.com/InformationPage...
without of media zionistic web Links,you know great s......my earthly stupid deceived frenny,
brain deceived and body-what a shame???

why don't you write about his old comments against Bush(comparing Bush with Hitle,or his laud supposrt of suicide bombers and terrorists even his own son had very bad remarks about his own father)
you are everyday step above of idiotism line?

"better is one word smart,then 1000 spoken or written stupid words"
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#577886 Aug 24, 2013
FollowerofLucifer wrote:
<quoted text>
two retards communicating with each other....big bang does not promote something occurring from nothing.... your ignorance is not surpising... stems from being home schooled by retards...
matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed.. fundamental law of physics....there never has been "NOTHING"....univers e will collapse into a singularity, and explode again...it repeats, much like you two dolts masturbating day after day...
who teached you,you dumb little punk?

you sounds like complete insane delusional shisophrenic

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577887 Aug 24, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont look down on people because of their education levels, nor do I admire them either. I like or dislike people based on their personality. I like kind, goodhearted people and thats who I surround myself with. Maybe thats why i have such a hard time on topix........
Ditto.

Topix is bizzare.

Many of those with whom we vehemently disagree with here we would probably like in real life.

Coffee ?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#577888 Aug 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>That's not what I'm talking about.
I'm talking about comparing a Christian to Hitler or some other negative christian because of personal views.
But not comparing an atheist to Stalin or some other negative atheist because of personal views. There seems to be a double standard here. I'm sorry if you can't see that, then I guess you do not have an unbiased view here.
I never compared a Christian to Hitler.
You are making false claims now.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577889 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm not a fast reader, I have a hard time staying focused which leads to a hard time retaining the info I read........I learned quickly in my brief college career that i just wasnt going to have enough time to read these books 3 and 4 times, which is what it would take to retain the information.
Were all different, some people are smarter then others, sometimes it could be because of effort and others because of molecular structure or DNA. Its just no reason to mock another or look down on them in my eyes.........
I structure my course with readings and lab experiments. Some learn one way, some the other. I try to meet everyone's needs. I am fortunate to teach courses that are adaptable to a variety of learning styles. I am not your typical teacher/professor though.

I fully understand your POV.

Montreal

#577890 Aug 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>I will compare anyone who espouses anti-Semitic propaganda to Hitler.

I will compare anyone who espouses racist propaganda to the KKK.

That has nothing to do with whether they are Christians or not.

Now, I will admit that I have anti-religious views AND that I understand why Stalin may have had similar views. That does not mean I espouse Soviet Totalitarianism.

I do find that most of the Communist Manifesto goes more to support democracy than any Government that refers to itself as "communist".

In fact, I would argue that the USA is closer to the ideals of the Communist Manifesto than any alleged communist country.

Give it a read:

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/61/pg61.h...
Aura is starting to sound like he just has a grudge on you for some reason, and will extend that grudge to anyone that doesn't prosecute you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#577891 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
It would be virtually impossible for me to do.........
Mornin LW.......
Morin Rider;

I think of reading as a gift of enjoyment.JMO One will only absorb if interested or lay the book up to gather dust or use it for a door stop. JMO too is all the book learning in this world can not take or replace good inbreed common sense. I have seen in my day artist that can draw or paint the wonder of it all on canvas without ever taking one lesson in art.The mind is a beautiful piece of equipment.JMO.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577892 Aug 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I never compared a Christian to Hitler.
You are making false claims now.
I have. Only because most don't know who Torquemada is.

An insult is useless if it goes over the head of the insultee.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577893 Aug 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. books like SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE or THE JUNGLE are fast reads ..
Some like to wolf down a tasty burger, others like to savour every bite. To each their own.

I like to take it slow and enjoy every moment.

Don't you wish I was a woman ? LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577894 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
;o)
I agree with your thoughts on the the VP, not so sure about your thoughts on Vonnegut though.
I haven't read all his stuff though, and if you've been reading along, you'll probably realize I dont remember much of what I did read from him........
Personally like I stated before I think he was just more of a cult hero then anything. It became cool to know of him and read him. He was brilliant but so were many other authors who maybe dont have the notoriety he has. JMO......
If we were talking about Richard Brautigan I would agree. Vonnegut is far more than a cult hero.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577895 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
And oddly enough when we can do for others we feel better about ourselves..........
Very true for most people.

With Established Harem

#577896 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I dont look down on people because of their education levels, nor do I admire them either. I like or dislike people based on their personality. I like kind, goodhearted people and thats who I surround myself with. Maybe thats why i have such a hard time on topix.
I'm sure you could tell me stories about the LDS church and sammiches that would fascinate me, but right now i'm just intereted in the silk scarves........
PS: pipes leak because they have holes in them........
.. do you admire the education of your physician? How about the creation of an artist or the expertise of an electrician? All these fields require education ..

.. recently, my sprinkler system failed. Within two minutes, a professional recognized the problem. I admired and was enthralled by his proficiency ..

.. how the heck do you find leaks? This is all beyond me. Trying to solve the leaky pipe problem would only cause frustration so I refuse to deal with it ..

.. can we read SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE together after I tie you up ??..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577897 Aug 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Aura is starting to sound like he just has a grudge on you for some reason, and will extend that grudge to anyone that doesn't prosecute you.
Such are the pissing contests here.
I gave up trying for distance, I just piss on their shoes and laugh.

Montreal

#577898 Aug 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I have. Only because most don't know who Torquemada is.
An insult is useless if it goes over the head of the insultee.
I don't know what Aura's problem is anymore.
He says that everyone has the right to believe what they want, then attacks people for no prosecuting another's beliefs.
While I don't agree with a couple of things you've said, I don't automatically make you my enemy, mainly because you haven't lied about me, haven't insulted me, and so on, like many others here have done.

I will return disrespect with disrespect.

With Established Harem

#577899 Aug 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Happy your one lucky gal,as for me when a pipe leaks I got to get the tools,pipe glue ect out and figure it out for myself. When the car needs fluids or repairs minor I pretty handy too now the computer that another nightmare still working on that one lol.
.. I'm an idiot when it comes to mechanics and electronics ..

.. by chance is your hair short ??..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Bongo 119,058
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min _KENTUCKY 678,980
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 32 min manapua 2,525
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr curtjester1 46,211
Why does everyone claim that they are native am... (May '09) 2 hr Anonymous 28
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 4 hr Wanderer 27
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr _KENTUCKY 982,137
More from around the web