|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you know I support the Noahide Laws so, yes, I am being sarcastic.
I figured

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
you are the one that says the Bible supports racism. We're you lying or I'd it just another example of your bigotry and ignorance?
I am the one that says that the bible has been used to support racism, Mangler. It supports just about anything you want it to support, as well as its opposite.

Are you still bellied up on the bible quiz?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>interesting. I didn't know that. Although the Bible says every believer is equal in Christ so the distinction doesn't make much of a practical difference.
I like your view on that, however, most denominations do make that distinction. If not there would be only one Denomination and doctrine of Christianity.

It is difficult, it seems, for an insider to realize how the divisions make the entire religion look like a bad joke.

The argument, and it is quite valid, is that if it is the unchanging word of God and interpreted perfectly (which they all claim) then they should all be in perfect agreement.

Since they disagree, even the slightest, then it proves it is NOT the unchanging word of God and interpreted perfectly.

That is not a condemnation but a simple observation of the reality of Christianity.

One groups says that you, Skom, are going to Hell because you weren't really Baptized. Another says you are going to Hell because you don't wear plain clothes and drive a car.
I have come to the opinion that hey are all nuts and will take my chance after my death and just try and kive this life as best I can and let the chips fall where they may...and I am done listening to others tell me "what God said".
Imhotep

Dade City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in your post that is incorrect.
It is what it is.
Did I get an 'A'?

I prefer fact to fantasy.

"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad."
~ALDOUS HUXLEY

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I don't count Paul as an author of the Bible. He wrote letters, not Gospels.
True.
The Protestants should have chucked them with the Apocrypha... and pitched G. of John and Revelation as Luther so wisely suggested.
The only two books that ever made sense to me were Job and Mark. The rest seemed like more horse manure than pony.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I don't count Paul as an author of the Bible. He wrote letters, not Gospels.
NT IS GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST AND HIS FUTURE KINGDOM(GOSPEL MEANS GOOD NEWS FROM GOOD PREACHED AROUND THE WORLD.MAT28;18-20.
2 Tim 3;16. 2 Peter 1;20
is clear and plain who is Author of OT GOSPEL TO ISRAEL,AND NT GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST TO ISRAEL AND GENTILES

go take basic courses,before you run your stupid atheistic face

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the FOX P-2 gene is interesting. Thanks to you & HFY, I now understand the complexity of the amino acid makeup ..
.. upsetting people is not my intent; I'm just doing a 'what if' scenerio, writing three scripts in my mind:
1. Humans are the result of evolution.
2. Another species manipulated our genetic makeup.
3. God sits at the DNA controls.
.. it's surprising that no Christian has joined this exchange since the bible contains interesting fragments of information:
1. Why was Lilith edited out of the bible? Was she a DNA failure?
2. Was mankind destroyed in a worldwide flood leaving only 'pure' humans (Noah & his family)?
3. Numbers 13:33 KJV: "And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, who come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." What ??..
All good questions.
Yes. There were "giants". The information and articles of fact of them are all but buried.
Lilith was "before" the Great assembly(about 840 BCE) wrote the OT....and was the reason for "two" writings in Genesis. You(we) should be more concerned with Asherah than Lilith. That is another "stifled" and "removed" part of Judaism, as it is contrary to the "new" monotheistic paradigm.
The book of Enoch is ever revealing also. Christian structure hates it.
The point I am making, is that there are elements of truth in ancient writings, but they have been obscured and obfuscated by misinformed and genuinely dishonest "priests" of the newer and reconstituted religions.
Pure humans? LOL! Even in the account of Noah, there is a central line of iniquity by the persons who the deity chose to be the "basis" of a new and "better" world of humans.If the deity thought that Noah was perfect, and he failed, then the reasoning and omnipotence of the deity is in question.
Oh dear. It is far more intricate and complicated than simple "amino acids". Take a look at the placement on the particular "rungs" of the chromosome, AND THE POSSIBILITIES OF HOW THEY BECAME PLACED THERE. Science is still perplexed by the activators....but if you look at the Sumerian tablets, so was Enki. There were many experiments before they came up with an "acceptable" target...and even IT was imperfect in it's conclusion, but they lived with it.
Do you think these ancient people pulled these stories out of their ass? No,. There is an element of truth buried in it. circumstance that were not even known until our late history(today).
Here is a good question.
Why would they chose an advanced human.(humanoid being) to carry an experimental fetus to conception rather than a chimpanzee? It is blatantly obvious.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
Isaiah 42:6
"I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one!
:D
'Farewell to old England forever
Farewell to my rum pals as well
Farewell to the well-known Old Bailey
Where I always did look such a swell
Singing tooraliooraliaddity
Singing tooraliooraliay
Singing tooraliooraliaddity
We're bound for Botany Bay'
AYE!
We is ain't we?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
Yep. I was just a preacher and no more valid than any other preacher. Just because the Roman Church hailed him as their founder doesn't make him anything but a latter day Romulus.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
I did get an education.
No you didn't. And if you paid for one, you should demand your money back.
Skombolis wrote:
Why don't you explain on how my not hearing of Kurt Vonneget shows that I'm not credible when I say i never witnessed anyone in my church bashing other denominations?
It's evidence of your intellectual torpor. You are a sluggish and stupid man.

There is no way that you never have heard of Vonnegut. Of course you have, just like you've heard of Orwell, Hemingway, Steinbeck, Fitzgerald, Joyce, and Huxley. You're just too intellectually indolent to have been affected by it.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your view on that, however, most denominations do make that distinction. If not there would be only one Denomination and doctrine of Christianity.
It is difficult, it seems, for an insider to realize how the divisions make the entire religion look like a bad joke.
The argument, and it is quite valid, is that if it is the unchanging word of God and interpreted perfectly (which they all claim) then they should all be in perfect agreement.
Since they disagree, even the slightest, then it proves it is NOT the unchanging word of God and interpreted perfectly.
That is not a condemnation but a simple observation of the reality of Christianity.
One groups says that you, Skom, are going to Hell because you weren't really Baptized. Another says you are going to Hell because you don't wear plain clothes and drive a car.
I have come to the opinion that hey are all nuts and will take my chance after my death and just try and kive this life as best I can and let the chips fall where they may...and I am done listening to others tell me "what God said".
agree my old friend?

without of any religion christianity human is able to be Christ like follower of Him without of any man made babling or their spiritual BS

God doesn't speak or thinks like those christianity idiots?even His AGAPE LOVE is far away from their earthly interpretation faken definitions love

are you ok?mister Bo my old friend?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
This appears to be the missing link ~ it is the diligently sought that is our reward.... I have never sought to disprove GOD, too much time would have been wasted, as there is still much that I need to learn. The rewards will be that which we reap; we take with us that which we know and that which we are :)
Dear Savior, help me remember as I begin my weekend activities. Whether work or leisure will engage me today, keep my thoughts and actions centered on You. Make it a day of contentment for me, no matter if the activities I face are pleasant or tedious. Keep me through the Holy Spirit from willful sins and from those sins I do not even realize I am committing. Help me be a positive influence in others' lives as I go my way. Let my inner rejoicing in Your salvation be evident in all I say and do so that I bring glory and not shame to Your most holy name. Amen.
(taken from the same link as the last Prayer)
Evening Sarah;

Glad to know I posted something that you found interesting. You most probably seen me post many times the words I am with you always until the end of time. No matter where one looks God can always be found in my opinion. Out of everything bad comes something shining thru that is good. Most usurally in the simpliest and non noticable forms. Prayer for a believer is a powerful tool another one of my opinions.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

They wrote all the hot women out of the Bible. I think they were gay.
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
All good questions.
Yes. There were "giants". The information and articles of fact of them are all but buried.
Lilith was "before" the Great assembly(about 840 BCE) wrote the OT....and was the reason for "two" writings in Genesis. You(we) should be more concerned with Asherah than Lilith. That is another "stifled" and "removed" part of Judaism, as it is contrary to the "new" monotheistic paradigm.
The book of Enoch is ever revealing also. Christian structure hates it.
The point I am making, is that there are elements of truth in ancient writings, but they have been obscured and obfuscated by misinformed and genuinely dishonest "priests" of the newer and reconstituted religions.
Pure humans? LOL! Even in the account of Noah, there is a central line of iniquity by the persons who the deity chose to be the "basis" of a new and "better" world of humans.If the deity thought that Noah was perfect, and he failed, then the reasoning and omnipotence of the deity is in question.
Oh dear. It is far more intricate and complicated than simple "amino acids". Take a look at the placement on the particular "rungs" of the chromosome, AND THE POSSIBILITIES OF HOW THEY BECAME PLACED THERE. Science is still perplexed by the activators....but if you look at the Sumerian tablets, so was Enki. There were many experiments before they came up with an "acceptable" target...and even IT was imperfect in it's conclusion, but they lived with it.
Do you think these ancient people pulled these stories out of their ass? No,. There is an element of truth buried in it. circumstance that were not even known until our late history(today).
Here is a good question.
Why would they chose an advanced human.(humanoid being) to carry an experimental fetus to conception rather than a chimpanzee? It is blatantly obvious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the one that says that the bible has been used to support racism, Mangler. It supports just about anything you want it to support, as well as its opposite.
Are you still bellied up on the bible quiz?
Ians said:

"And Christians are often racists, and they can use their bibles to justify their racism"

How can they use the Bible to justify racism? What verses would they point to?

As for the quiz, put your underwear back on the inside of your pants and then scroll back to the 3-4 times I answered that question already. Print out a copy and tape it to your sombrero so you don't keep forgetting! LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there secular scientists who believe the body can live forever?
Nine!
If the process of shutdown, and the "elements"(with their effects) that cause it are discovered, then folks can be "conditioned" to live forever.
I am not even a scientist, ans I understand that possibility as a possible actuality.
It takes knowledge, understanding, and practice.
That is the process of science.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Praying and feeling the energy is an amazing experience.....
What is amazing is when one prayers in secret and says nothing to no one then learns quite by accident that the prayer was answered.
A direct line to amazement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there are serious scientific investigations into that. There is every possibility they will eventually succeed.
Only the "elite" will be afforded this opportunity....which is sad, because so far they haven't performed to any acceptable standard in concern toward humanity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't. And if you paid for one, you should demand your money back.
<quoted text>
It's evidence of your intellectual torpor. You are a sluggish and stupid man.
There is no way that you never have heard of Vonnegut. Of course you have, just like you've heard of Orwell, Hemingway, Steinbeck, Fitzgerald, Joyce, and Huxley. You're just too intellectually indolent to have been affected by it.
If anybody should get their money back its the "doctor" who had to retire to Mexico! LOL

I have heard of the rest of those other than Huxley

Unlike you I'm not so insecure that I care or need to pretend to know things I don't. I'm more than comfortable with my knowledge base and like I told HFY I'm always appreciative to add to it. It's way better to go that route than be like you who thinks he knows everything and is a doctor who thinks most people can't get addicted and thinks opiates aren't physically addictive. Your attitude is why you are as ignorant as you are

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
States would make their lives a lot easier if they just selectively chose which Federal Laws they want to enforce.
They do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 551,981 - 552,000 of598,799
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

453 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Hidingfromyou 223,277
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min curiouslu 717,052
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Hidingfromyou 93,245
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 255,750
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min UidiotRaceMAkeWorldpeace 171,511
Best smooth chamber jazz in the world 19 min Senecus 5
How to know if you're a REAL Miami Heat fan 23 min Senecus 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Michael 530,301
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••