Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#577654 Aug 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. how many times do I have to tell you: HAPPY LESBO stands for "HAPPY Little Elves Singing Big Operas?" ..
.. you're such a buffoon ..
Wow

I bet if you could go back in time 5 minutes you either would have put more orange juice in and less Vodka or simply not made that post!

That was embarrassingly lame!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#577655 Aug 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'm neither Jew nor Greek. For that matter, I'm not a Roman.
Why would I care what the Pagan Paul wrote to or about any of 'em?
I fit under the banner "everyone who believeth" :)
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

#577656 Aug 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shuttup stupid!
If anyone wants any shit out of you, we'll squeeze yer head.
It's completely empty!

There is literally nothing to squeeze.

Doctor, doctor, I can’t stop singing “The Green Green Grass of Home”
That’s what we doctors call Tom Jones’ Syndrome.
Oh, really? Is it common?
It’s not unusual.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#577657 Aug 23, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Good one!
:D

'Farewell to old England forever
Farewell to my rum pals as well
Farewell to the well-known Old Bailey
Where I always did look such a swell

Singing tooraliooraliaddity
Singing tooraliooraliay
Singing tooraliooraliaddity
We're bound for Botany Bay'
Nice.

Location hidden

#577658 Aug 23, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>my Plz Pilz
start to grow under your not frishy breath from your belly full of ulcers or hermits?
lmao

Location hidden

#577659 Aug 23, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey my Quin Sister,
I’m happy to see you SeRaH.
There really is no other peace like the peace you get from God.
:)i

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#577660 Aug 23, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
A spiritual high like that can be induced using any religious/supernatural/fantasy belief system.
What does that tell you?
A Spiritual high is an amazing feeling....

Location hidden

#577661 Aug 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I fit under the banner "everyone who believeth" :)
:)

Location hidden

#577662 Aug 23, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
Puff Piece # 666 - GHS

Christianity cannot erase man's need for pleasure, nor can it eradicate the various sources of pleasure. What it can do, however, and what it has been extremely effective in accomplishing, is to inculcate guilt in connection with pleasure. The pursuit of pleasure, when accompanied by guilt, becomes a means of perpetuating chronic guilt, and this serves to reinforce one's dependence on God.

Christianity, with some exceptions, has never explicitly advocated human misery; it prefers instead to speak of sacrifices in this life so that benefits may be garnered in the life to come. One invests in this life, so to speak, and collects interest in the next. Fortunately for Christianity, the dead cannot return for a refund.

Through inculcating the notion that sacrifice is a virtue, Christianity has succeeded in convincing many people that misery incurred through sacrifice is a mark of virtue. Pain becomes the insignia of morality - and conversely, pleasure becomes the insignia of immorality. Christianity, therefore, does not say, "Go forth and be miserable". Rather, it says, "Go forth and
practice the virtue of self-sacrifice".

In practical terms, these commands are identical.

In exchange for obedience, Christianity promises salvation in an afterlife; but in order to elicit obedience through this promise, Christianity must
convince men that they need salvation, that there is something to be saved from.

Christianity has nothing to offer a happy man living in a natural, intelligible universe.

If Christianity is to gain a motivational foothold, it must declare war on earthly pleasure and happiness, and this, historically, has been its precise course of action.

In the eyes of Christianity, man is sinful and helpless in the face of God, and is potential fuel for the flames of hell. Just as Christianity must destroy reason before it can introduce faith, so it must destroy happiness before it can introduce salvation.

I am Imhotep® and I approve this post.
I too approve this post.

Location hidden

#577663 Aug 23, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>wear women monthly period diapers, because soon you geet leaks and s...flashes to your pants

but try to feel good, dr Shrink 12 times a day pray for your wrecked old consumed by Aids AND DRUGS dead body?
speechless

Location hidden

#577664 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Religious nonsense, men do not have and have never had the lifespan of trees.
The ents do.

Location hidden

#577665 Aug 23, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

I feel like I should wear a lab coat when I'm here.
Then shower when you leave.

Location hidden

#577666 Aug 23, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>Me either!

I'm from Inobtainium, just left of Wendy's .

I hate my supervisor. Behind her desk it says.‘You don’t have to be mad to work on Earth but it helps.‘ Mind you, she’s written it in her own crap!

”A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin’ cross? It’s kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.”
- Bill Hicks (read Bill Hicks Comedy God)

;)
lol

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#577667 Aug 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most cristers I see here are nothing more than wannabe gods.
Their words and acts will surely NOT place them in the "heaven" they would believe they have secured.
All one has to is read the posts and compare them to the "narrow path".
Nuff said..
...But you won't make that call :) nuff said.

Location hidden

#577668 Aug 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And I knew it even at the time. I was, I think, about 15.
Storytellers are what we used before radio. They'd go from house to house, get fed and put up, and even paid money in trade for stories and history.
That would be an awesome job
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

#577669 Aug 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>A Spiritual high is an amazing feeling....
So is white widow!
Truly amazing

Remember... your God made Marijuana and man made alcohol... think I might trust your guy on that! Is the only thing he's gotten right! ;)

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#577670 Aug 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>A Spiritual high is an amazing feeling....
It truly is!!!

It has to be experienced to be understood. Trying to explain it to an unbeliever would be like a bird trying to explain what flying is like to a turtle. The only difference would be that the turtle would be more open minded about what the bird is saying.

That's why I think it's so funny when the atheists in here say that they are "open minded" and that they are "free thinkers". The reality is the only thing they're open minded about is what they can observe with their five senses. And the only thing they're free thinkers about is what other atheists say that they also believe.

Truth be told the most closed minded people you'll find are atheists. Which we see on display in here on a daily basis.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#577671 Aug 23, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I love animals but Chihuahua's rule my heart..lol..The one on my avatar is treated as if she was my baby. When my daughter got married,I had "empty nest" syndrome so my husband got me her..I tell people she has her fathers Greek nose and her mothers Spanish eyes..lol
I am pretty bad about adopting and keeping for ever. As I had three of them for a number of years now and just got another about two months ago. My honey say if it walks thru the door it going to get spoiled by me. Whoo one of my nasty flaws lol. Yep me too love those critters make the best of buddies.
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

#577672 Aug 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>:)i
Not so grasshopper

Confucius say...
"Man who Man who make love in grass, have peace on earth"

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#577673 Aug 23, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Though it does sound like a strange concept and Hiding unknowingly hinted at it with her first reply... I have to agree with you.
1. "Biological forms have inherent limitations which medical interventions or engineering may or may not be able to overcome. Natural selection has developed potential biological immortality in at least one species, the jellyfish Turritopsis nutricula.
Certain scientists, futurists, and philosophers, have theorized about the immortality of the human body, and advocate that human immortality is achievable in the first few decades of the 21st century, while other advocates believe that life extension is a more achievable goal in the short term, with immortality awaiting further research breakthroughs into an indefinite future. Aubrey de Grey, a researcher (Gerontologist) who has developed a series of biomedical rejuvenation strategies to reverse human aging (called SENS), believes that his proposed plan for ending aging may be implementable in two or three decades.[4] The absence of aging would provide humans with biological immortality, but not invulnerability to death by physical trauma. What form an unending human life would take, or whether an immaterial soul exists and possesses immortality, has been a major point of focus of religion, as well as the subject of speculation, fantasy, and debate."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortality
2. http://www.today.com/id/45654223/ns/today-tod...
3. So Drs. Hiding and Ben, this naturally leads me to another question slash statement.
Your quote above backs up every statement I made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 min razz58 2,403
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Aura Mytha 838,541
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 10 min janeebee 4,376
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 32 min Toby 99,967
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 35 min NJ Constitutiona... 3,043
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 40 min Johnny 709
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min hojo 590,170
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 176,946
More from around the web