Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#577733 Aug 23, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
It truly is!!!
It has to be experienced to be understood. Trying to explain it to an unbeliever would be like a bird trying to explain what flying is like to a turtle. The only difference would be that the turtle would be more open minded about what the bird is saying.
That's why I think it's so funny when the atheists in here say that they are "open minded" and that they are "free thinkers". The reality is the only thing they're open minded about is what they can observe with their five senses. And the only thing they're free thinkers about is what other atheists say that they also believe.
Truth be told the most closed minded people you'll find are atheists. Which we see on display in here on a daily basis.
Yes ~ agree with you and in return for their feelings, I have no comprehension of how they feel. Thankfully, there has never been a period of doubt as such, there has only been a lifetime of 'knowing':)

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#577734 Aug 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
;)
I can't donate to Smich as I would like. All my money is tied up in Chis Pets. When thru make a a comeback I'm gonna be rich!
Chi chi chi chia!!
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
I love Chia Pets.

http://wpmedia.golfwrx.com/wp-content/uploads...

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#577735 Aug 23, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
We're getting a distress call from Lesbios Outpost 2!
You may have misunderstood the screams.

That wasn't distress.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#577736 Aug 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of understand what you're saying, but common sense does not equal scientific evidence, hence the study. It would have been nice if that news article had provided actual percentages! You can't really evaluate the study there...I guess we could jut look at the study itself.
Hopefully following couples for a long time was not just about stress, but about other medical problems too! Otherwise, yes, waste of money. Maybe it was a multi-faceted study on stress and lifestyle choices? it sort of sounds like that when they talk about smoking and so on.
The most linear correlation we have with lifespan is actually wealth. The wealthier you are, the longer you live. It's the only factor that is a straight increase from
poor = earlier death
middle class = middle life expectancy
upper middle = increased versus middle
wealthy = longest.
Strangely enough, it's taboo in the USA to bring that up. The Surgeon General under Bush was fired by him for declaring "the largest contributor to poor health is poverty."
Oddly enough, another one was fired for saying masturbation is a good thing.

Masturbation = stress reliever

No wealth factor involved.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#577737 Aug 23, 2013
River Tam wrote:
You may have misunderstood the screams.
That wasn't distress.
I'll be in my ready room.

:)

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#577738 Aug 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The most linear correlation we have with lifespan is actually wealth. The wealthier you are, the longer you live....
So you're saying I'm pretty much hosed, huh?

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#577739 Aug 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just sayin. I didn't donate.
http://www.randi.org/site/
:-)
Interesting little booger.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/...

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#577740 Aug 24, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be in my ready room.
:)
Muse (with lyrics because the genius of Ian Anderson was making socially unacceptable songs sound American suburban radio friendly)

*pssst, it's because nobody really knew what he was saying and didn't really want to know...sad that*

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#577741 Aug 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Much of it was based on the "Mark of Cain" or some such retarded apologetic.
Yeah, the mark of Cain and also the curse of Ham.

Fennario

#577742 Aug 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Cause you are the dummy saying things like if someone didn't learn homophobia direct from the "church" then they were taught it by someone else who learned it there.
You haven't refuted that, and you won't.

Ready for that bible quiz yet, Jesus boy?

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#577743 Aug 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting little booger.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/...
Interesting indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

omm nom nom nom

http://cdncms.todayszaman.com/todayszaman/201...

Apex predators

Fennario

#577744 Aug 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit
Should say "common" not "immobility"
It still didn't make sense.

Whose fault was that, autocorrect's, the doctor that forced you to become a drug addict, or the lawyer that made you a criminal? Maybe it was Kurt Vonnegut's fault.

Fennario

#577745 Aug 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
the Bible says every believer is equal in Christ
As usual, it's easy to find a contradictory scripture.

“Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly,‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’" - Matthew 7:21-23

Your bible doesn't actually mean anything since it means whatever you want it to mean.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#577746 Aug 24, 2013
Bongo wrote:
It would be nice if Buck would come back and bring some life to this thread.
he is here

he quit the buck persona because it was totally discredited

Location hidden

#577747 Aug 24, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Ians I would think unbeliever or not most people would care. However it does not surprise me at all that you don’t care. That says more about you than you know.
And no I was not looking for sympathy. Some of you seem to think that Christians are responsible for all the evils of the world. That is just hogwash.
I agree that the christians are responsible for much of the hog-wash.

The abrahamic faiths are responsible for most of the evil in the world.

Location hidden

#577748 Aug 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
oy!, it's really not a stretch to believe in god(s) or a Supreme Deity. Most of the world believes gods or a Supreme God or Deity exists.
So this other religion you fascinated with Zoroastrianism, is really not a religion that would be an outlier. That religion has a lot of ingredients outlined in many religions today. And you named the main problem in the two biggest religion worldwide, a dis-belief that Jesus or Mohammed was chosen by the one true God.
That comes down to simply personal experience. I know many muslims. I know many Christians. I know many atheists from buddhism.
If a muslim believes they have encountered God through Mohammed, no one can convince him that he did not have that experience. And frankly writer...I do believe the muslim have had contact with a supreme being through Mohammed. It's just a false being that not out for their ultimate good, and not the Supreme Being.
To me Christians through Jesus Christ experience the one Supreme Being YHWH Almighty.
Let me repeat...
To me Christians through Jesus Christ experience the one Supreme Being YHWH Almighty.
And there is no human being that can convince the Christian otherwise.
There is only one event in life that would prove the Muslim wrong, or the Christian wrong. One event. And it's one of two events that is inevitable in life. one is taxes...the other is D....
You bright, figure it out.
So religions do destroy. Yes they do. But religions are to me interesting as well. Many countries religion is culture and to see how different cultures exist within a the frame of religion is fascinating.
But the bottom line is a personal experience with the One True God. That the bottom line. That experience makes the believer. That experience seals the believer, for life. What are [you] doing to gain that life changing experience?
why do you suppose the god of the universe reveals himself to you, yet does not reveal himself to honorable persons?

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#577749 Aug 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, it's easy to find a contradictory scripture.
“Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day,‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly,‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’" - Matthew 7:21-23
Your bible doesn't actually mean anything since it means whatever you want it to mean.
Jesus says, "Verily I say unto you...ouch, Ouch, OWWW, ahfuck"

The Book of Matches 1:1

Location hidden

#577750 Aug 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...discrimination...probab ly the best example.
Christians do not feel as if they discriminate against the gay community...the gay community...plus their families, friends and supporters believe that they do.
I doubt if we will ever agree upon that "problem".
Our solutions for that "problem" are different. They will say...stop being gay...go back to your closet...get healed...don't have same-sex sex...don't marry...etc...etc. I would say...don't impose your personal beliefs system upon those who believe differently.
They call their actions "love"...some will call it hate. We won't ever agree on that issue either.
So no...discrimination/bigotry/ha te...is subjective...based on our own perspectives and beliefs systems.
All of the above...is just my opinion.
the church preaches xenophobia and paranoia. The church condemns homosexual love and the sheeple learn to hate.

Christianity is a failed moral system.

Location hidden

#577751 Aug 24, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Best for someone who doesn’t believe like our side does maybe. LOL
I don’t usually read his posts but from what I have read it sometimes seems like he isn’t on either side. He goes after people on both.
Are you sure you won’t claim him?:)
oh he is a christian 4 sure

Location hidden

#577752 Aug 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show the verse that supports racism. Race is never even mentioned in the Bible
You must have used another B.S. formula to come up with that:)
You really are an embarrassment as a human being. Just a bitter bigot always looking for new ways to spread his lies and hate.
Well at least you are Mexico's problem now! You helped the United States become a better country just by leaving it
In your church, when jesus is depicted, what is his skin color?

Do not lie, as I am indoctrinated into, and educated by, your church

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 56,212
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 min Brian_G 450
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min old school 650,609
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 5 min jusjj 1,010
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min old school 44,986
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min Rider on the Storm 182,969
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 43 min andet1987 2,350
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Hangman 971,868
More from around the web