LOL!
That was mighty kind of ya!
Sorta...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#577511 Aug 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Please show the verse that supports racism.
You'll have to ask the Klan. The nineteenth century slavers are dead. You might still catch a few of the anti-miscegenationists, though.
Imhotep

Sanford, FL

#577512 Aug 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Columbus finally arrives on the shores of America and is all excited seeing the native indians waving their arms furiously, yelling in a language he can not even understand, and doing some kind of dance. Just as he is about to debark and head to greet them, his first mate stops him.
Cap'n, he says...We know yer glad as hell ta find the new land an ya think these folks is throw'n ya a big welcome party, but that dance ther do'n is a is a "war dance", an ther yell'n obscenities 'bout yer mother an such.
Ole' Columbus is startled fer a moment, but then he spins around ta the mate with a evil gleam in his eye, an says...
set them sails! Pay them heathens no mind!
We'll make a map fer the "pilgrims"...They'll fix ther asses!
LOL

Jesus on the cross

Jesus is dying on the cross, and Peter is down the hill comforting Mary Magdalene when he hears Jesus' faint voice, "Peter... Peter..."

"I must go and help my Savior," he said and went up the hill, only to be beaten and kicked back down by the Roman centurions guarding the cross. But soon he hears, "Peter... Peter," in even fainter tones but he cannot ignore the call. Peter limps up the hill, leans a ladder against the cross, and gets halfway up when the centurions knock over the ladder, beats him brutally, and tosses him back down the hill.

Again he hears, "Peter... Peter..." ever fainter, and again, he cannot refuse his Lord. In pain, he slowly staggers up the hill, drags himself up the ladder, and finally gets even with Christ's face. Just as the centurions are reaching for the ladder, Jesus says, "Peter... Peter... look, I can see your house from here."

<shrubbery smoking across the parking lot>

<nanny nanny boo boo!>

<missed again!>

;)

Fennario

#577513 Aug 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
That doesn't make sense on so many levels!
You should have gotten an education.
Skombolis wrote:
I hadn't heard of Kurt Vonnegut, something I readily admitted
That's stunning.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#577514 Aug 23, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Its just another example of how childish he really is skom. Vonnegut is kind of a cult hero, mostly with the hippy generation of the 60's and 70's. It became 'cool' to know of him, mention him and read his works. just another example of how immature he is.
Personally I think your kicking his azz and making him look like the fool he is, but i honestly dont know why you bother with a guy that refuses to grow into adulthood..........
Have at it though, its fun reading..........
The reasons you mentioned are why I do it.

Enjoy the show:)

Although its amazing this guy was like their unofficial leader. He might have write that into his fake constitution though! I enjoy him trying to take that role. He does more to discredit his pretend demo of secular humanist than anybody outside of it could do put together. It's nothing more than a front for a hate group. And guys like Catcher ripping on goat herders (when he tried to day I'm culturally biased) and Tide saying the things he has about Christians when he claimed he was against labels just helps to expose them all as the frauds they are. Although some may just sell their ethics cheap. All it takes is an "atta boy" from their Internet daddy and suddenly they are regurgitating any bigoted comments they have read.

It really is quite fascinating look into human nature, as sad as that is

(T) Peace

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#577515 Aug 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read, Rider didn't say you said it was ONLY taught there
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Ians is trying to make it sound like its taught on the pulpit. It maybe is in some churches, but i doubt there are many that do.
So the fact that you said it isn't limited to just there has nothing to do with his point
His point, which others have echoed, is that it wasn't taught in our individual churches. They never even addresses the subject let alone taught people to hate gay people. Is it possible some of the tens of thousands of Christian churches in the United States alone have inappropriately taught a message of hate? Yes. But it's hardly the norm. But I guess facts get in the way of your bigotry so you ignore them
I know you're probably aware but he's ALWAYS doing that chit..........

Its why I ignore him mostly..........

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#577516 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to tell Zeus about Hera's plan to sell me to Hades !
Hecate is who you should be having words with about that. She may intercede for you, but if she takes a fancy to ya yer in deep trouble.

Fennario

#577517 Aug 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Romans 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one who believeth, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Irrelevant to me. I'm not a Roman. Nor a Levite. Nor an Ephesian.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577518 Aug 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. don't worry, that's just Minnie Pause knocking on your door ..
.. if you start bleeding, let us know. River Tam may stop by ..
http://www.minniepauz.com/cartoons.html
LOL

8 hours in and dizziness, back and legs ache like crazy. Headache gone though. Yeah!

So far not as bad as I thought it would be. Then again, Rivavirin hasn't built up in my system yet. Another pill in 4 hours.

Here's a coincidence for you, the Rivavirin works by altering the RNA/DNA replication of all my cells so the virus can't reproduce. Sadly, it speeds up the aging process. However, knowing that we can alter it one way means that it may be possible to alter it the other. Pretty cool, huh ?

Location hidden

#577519 Aug 23, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessary Juicy
The forum can smell a Jesus Roach©!
You must have a mild cold.
"I asked my date what she wanted to drink. She said,‘Oh, I guess I’ll have Champagne.’ I said,‘Guess again.’”
- Slappy White
Imhotep's scribes recent research reported 6 out of 7 dwarves aren’t happy.
Aaaahhahahahah!
You are killing me!

Location hidden

#577520 Aug 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you?
Compared to a bigot like you I'm a saint

Your idea of charity work is probably giving an extra peso for your housekeeper that you pay slave wages to because you justify it by the local economy.

But in just one person. What difference dies it make how I am as far as judging billions of people world wide?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577521 Aug 23, 2013
I would only suggest that you understand the reasons behind the observances and treat them with the reverence they deserve. Don't make it like "Christmas" if you get my meaning.
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously there are secular Jews and non-secular Jewish people... and some wholeheartedly believe their histories with God and other exploits to be true and some Jews believe it to be myth.
Interestingly, I find similar disparities with many beliefs, including some circles of Christianity where people profess Christianity (because of familial traditions) yet believe Jesus to be mythical... with occasional Christian observances at certain times of the year.
A couple of Jewish observances are coming up in September and I'll probably refer to them on those dates if Jews believe them to be trivial myths or not.
But I believe, like many Jews believe... that they have a d

Fennario

#577522 Aug 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I found the idea to be wrong and distasteful to put it mildly and so did every guy I knew growing up.
So what?
Skombolis wrote:
the church never talked about it
Tweedledum speaks.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#577523 Aug 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Of whom does the Bible teach that God is a rewarder.
A rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.
Hebrews 11:6
This appears to be the missing link ~ it is the diligently sought that is our reward.... I have never sought to disprove GOD, too much time would have been wasted, as there is still much that I need to learn. The rewards will be that which we reap; we take with us that which we know and that which we are :)

Dear Savior, help me remember as I begin my weekend activities. Whether work or leisure will engage me today, keep my thoughts and actions centered on You. Make it a day of contentment for me, no matter if the activities I face are pleasant or tedious. Keep me through the Holy Spirit from willful sins and from those sins I do not even realize I am committing. Help me be a positive influence in others' lives as I go my way. Let my inner rejoicing in Your salvation be evident in all I say and do so that I bring glory and not shame to Your most holy name. Amen.

(taken from the same link as the last Prayer)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577524 Aug 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...discrimination...probab ly the best example.
Christians do not feel as if they discriminate against the gay community...the gay community...plus their families, friends and supporters believe that they do.
I doubt if we will ever agree upon that "problem".
Our solutions for that "problem" are different. They will say...stop being gay...go back to your closet...get healed...don't have same-sex sex...don't marry...etc...etc. I would say...don't impose your personal beliefs system upon those who believe differently.
They call their actions "love"...some will call it hate. We won't ever agree on that issue either.
So no...discrimination/bigotry/ha te...is subjective...based on our own perspectives and beliefs systems.
All of the above...is just my opinion.
I agree with your opinion.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577525 Aug 23, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles Xavier said, "Make it so".
I thought that was Captain Picard ?

Location hidden

#577526 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It means nations that existed at that time.
I live in a nation that didn't exist then so it doesn't pertain to us in the Americas.
An that riverside hick fella says that only the parts of the bible he "likes" pertain ta him.
That's great news ain't it?
I reckon we're all god ta go from there huh?
You can thank ole riverside hick fer that!
NO accountability at all now!
Ain't it great?!

Location hidden

#577527 Aug 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to ask the Klan. The nineteenth century slavers are dead. You might still catch a few of the anti-miscegenationists, though.
I realize you get easily confused and with you both being bigots it is probably hard for you to tell yourself apart from another.

But you are the one that says the Bible supports racism. We're you lying or I'd it just another example of your bigotry and ignorance?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#577528 Aug 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
What did Christ say concerning secret prayers.
But thou when thou prayest enter into thy closet and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Matthew 6:6
Praying and feeling the energy is an amazing experience.....

Location hidden

#577529 Aug 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! A connoisseur.
Not ta worry...I got's a licker licence!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min bad bob 182,307
Do White men know that White women prefer Black... (Sep '10) 14 min John 3,122
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Brian_G 970,074
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Pegasus 280,907
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min It aint necessari... 38,493
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 39 min MUQ2 44,424
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 58 min marge 641,784
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 104,750
More from around the web