“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#577364 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, one of the Discovery collection of channels.
They present lots of controversial 'documentaries'.
I have no problem with that.
They need to make money, I guess.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#577365 Aug 23, 2013
How will such meditation be to one who loves God.

My meditation of Him shall be sweet. Psalms 104:34

Location hidden

#577366 Aug 23, 2013
In what does the psalmist say the man who is blessed delights and meditates.

His delight is in the law of the Lord and in His law doth he meditate day and night. Psalms 1:2
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#577367 Aug 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for me.
It aint necessarily so | 4 hrs ago
RiversideHick wrote:
I think "written in the Bible" has the wrong meaning to most of you.

If the opening words were:
"Once upon a time in a land far far away..."
Christians would be less hateful and violent.

A unicorn and a Cyclops?
Thatís an accident waiting to happen.

You always take the time to write a impassioned well-informed response I applaud that.

I am way too lazy.

It's the research part that fascinates the hell out of me.

I have no agenda to promote other than my own personal entertainment.

Admittedly I am a Don Rickes wannabe
- tormenting those suffering from religious dementia with my rapier wit
<pats self on back ;)>
FACTS and sarcasm.

One question, Doc...
Montezuma's revenge?
True or false?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577368 Aug 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
They need to make money, I guess.
That is the reason almost all TV shows exist in the USA

Location hidden

#577369 Aug 23, 2013
With what adversary do we constantly have to contend.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil as a roaring lion walketh about seeking to whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#577370 Aug 23, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no, it isn't.
For he, G_O_D or Ben or whatever you want to call him, was never vitriolic towards me, so while I dislike certain views of his, I won't be vitriolic towards him.
It's a simple matter of treating others as they do you. On the other hand, all of those who I have negatively commented towards have all made negative comments towards me.
For example, I treated Serah with kindness until she started lying about what I said, against all proof and evidence, and then claimed I needed my DNA changed.
If I were to act like you want me to, I would condemn everyone I met for some reason, for chances are that everyone has something they believe in that another thinks is evil.

That's not what I'm talking about.
I'm talking about comparing a Christian to Hitler or some other negative christian because of personal views.
But not comparing an atheist to Stalin or some other negative atheist because of personal views. There seems to be a double standard here. I'm sorry if you can't see that, then I guess you do not have an unbiased view here.

Location hidden

#577371 Aug 23, 2013
What is a man tempted.

But every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed. James 1:14

Location hidden

#577372 Aug 23, 2013
That we may not be overcome what are we told to do.

Watch and pray that ye enter not into temptation the spirit indeed is willing but the flesh is weak. Matthew 26:41

“Love much, trust none”

There

#577373 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about comparing a Christian to Hitler or some other negative christian because of personal views.
But not comparing an atheist to Stalin or some other negative atheist because of personal views. There seems to be a double standard here. I'm sorry if you can't see that, then I guess you do not have an unbiased view here.
I will compare anyone who espouses anti-Semitic propaganda to Hitler.

I will compare anyone who espouses racist propaganda to the KKK.

That has nothing to do with whether they are Christians or not.

Now, I will admit that I have anti-religious views AND that I understand why Stalin may have had similar views. That does not mean I espouse Soviet Totalitarianism.

I do find that most of the Communist Manifesto goes more to support democracy than any Government that refers to itself as "communist".

In fact, I would argue that the USA is closer to the ideals of the Communist Manifesto than any alleged communist country.

Give it a read:

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/61/pg61.h...
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#577374 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Godwin's law evoked! ;)

Many American books, television documentaries, and Sunday sermons that preach of Hitler's "evil" have eliminated Hitler's god for their Christian audiences, but one only has to read from his own writings to appreciate that Hitler's God equals the same God of the Christian Bible.

Hitler held many hysterical beliefs which not only include, God and Providence but also Fate, Social Darwinism, and ideological politics. He spoke, unashamedly, about God, fanaticism, idealism, dogma, and the power of propaganda.

Hitler held strong faith in all his convictions. He justified his fight for the German people and against Jews by using Godly and Biblical reasoning. Indeed, one of his most revealing statements makes this quite clear:

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

Raised as Catholic he went to a monastery school and, interestingly, walked everyday past a stone arch which was carved the monastery's coat of arms which included a swastika.

The German words, "Gott Mit Uns" means God With Us and appeared on many Nazi soldiers belt buckles during WWII. To see the buckle...

http://www.nobeliefs.com/mementoes.htm

“Love much, trust none”

There

#577375 Aug 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
What is a man tempted.
But every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed. James 1:14
I just want hugs and kisses.

Is that too much lust ?
followerofSatan

Winter Park, FL

#577376 Aug 23, 2013
Bible Quote for August 23

Become a Eunuch for God

For there are eunuchs, that were so born from their mother's womb: and there are eunuchs, that were made eunuchs by men: and there are eunuchs, that made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.(Matthew 19:12 ASV)

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#577377 Aug 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy! Are you ever lighting a fire here HL!
Yes. there should be evidence of origin. There is some in all mammals, but not satisfactorily explained in the"chain" of human evolution as defined by scientific discovery and archaeology.
Is it "alien"...everything arriving from a source that is not local IS "alien". Much (if not all) of the water on this planet is derived from alien sources...as is ALL the gold found here(on this planet).
We do have "alien" artifacts that are being analysed for genomes as we speak. So they are proven (genuine)articles. I would be interested to see if the FP 2 sequence is there and in the proper sequence in the chromosome.
Nothing "comes out of nowhere". So the question is to discover where it is derived from and how...then possibly when.
The problem with this video, is that it sparks the "conspiracy theorist" judgement in all to many people, and the evidence and discussion devolves from that point on. There is real research ongoing that this nonsense taints, and the truth and actuality becomes mired and buried in controversy. That is contrary to scientific experiment and discovery.
I believe the chain of evolution as presented is incorrect, and extremely lacking in substantiated proof.
Would you expect someone to believe you if you told them they are the descendants of a people who settled this planet over a million years ago? They would probably not believe you if you had the records of it right in your hands...yet they believe that a 2000 year old deity that never has been seen controls their lives and the whole universe.
.. the FOX P-2 gene is interesting. Thanks to you & HFY, I now understand the complexity of the amino acid makeup ..

.. upsetting people is not my intent; I'm just doing a 'what if' scenerio, writing three scripts in my mind:

1. Humans are the result of evolution.

2. Another species manipulated our genetic makeup.

3. God sits at the DNA controls.

.. it's surprising that no Christian has joined this exchange since the bible contains interesting fragments of information:

1. Why was Lilith edited out of the bible? Was she a DNA failure?

2. Was mankind destroyed in a worldwide flood leaving only 'pure' humans (Noah & his family)?

3. Numbers 13:33 KJV: "And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, who come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." What ??..
lil whispers

Santa Fe, NM

#577379 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that too much lust ?
I want to whisper in your ear, please get well,please take care of yourself.(((BEN))) lots of them (((sweet kisses))) lots of them.
I tuck you tight in my prayers and meditations. God bless loveya lil whispers.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#577380 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that too much lust ?
.. how about the HL ultimate scarf experience ??..

.. center on the nurse's boobs. That will make it better ..

.. our thoughts will be with you ..

“Love much, trust none”

There

#577381 Aug 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to whisper in your ear, please get well,please take care of yourself.(((BEN))) lots of them (((sweet kisses))) lots of them.
I tuck you tight in my prayers and meditations. God bless loveya lil whispers.
Aaaawwwweeee

<blushing>

Thanks,((((smooch)))

“Love much, trust none”

There

#577382 Aug 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. how about the HL ultimate scarf experience ??..
.. center on the nurse's boobs. That will make it better ..
.. our thoughts will be with you ..
Thanks!

Hugs and kisses to you too.

Took the first pill an hour ago, nurse will be here in an hour for the first injection.

I'll check out her boobs so the needle won't hurt.

“Religion kills”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#577383 Aug 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, the best pirates I ever knowed testified you folks is said ta have been recommended by the finest o' judges in the world!
Good one!
:D

'Farewell to old England forever
Farewell to my rum pals as well
Farewell to the well-known Old Bailey
Where I always did look such a swell

Singing tooraliooraliaddity
Singing tooraliooraliay
Singing tooraliooraliaddity
We're bound for Botany Bay'

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#577384 Aug 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Only with insanely high technology. But, no, our bodies are not evolved to live forever.
Are there secular scientists who believe the body can live forever?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min KayMarie 555,063
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min onemale 263,617
Side Effects of Hating Gays 41 min teresa005 6
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Dave Nelson 765,092
San Diego Convention Center 2 hr andet198 2
Stung By Scandals, GOP Proposes New Ethics Rules (Mar '06) 2 hr andet198 10
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 2 hr andet198 4,417
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 6 hr Ayyan 1,187
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 12 hr truth 932

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE