“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577355 Aug 23, 2013
That is only for Ephesians so we can ignore that.
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you're wrong. Go figure.
_______
Ephesians 3:1-6.
1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#577356 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>It seems some of us have double standards on judging people by what they say. Of course I consider some of it complete bull ship , but this double standard is glaringly apparent.
Actually, no, it isn't.
For he, G_O_D or Ben or whatever you want to call him, was never vitriolic towards me, so while I dislike certain views of his, I won't be vitriolic towards him.

It's a simple matter of treating others as they do you. On the other hand, all of those who I have negatively commented towards have all made negative comments towards me.
For example, I treated Serah with kindness until she started lying about what I said, against all proof and evidence, and then claimed I needed my DNA changed.

If I were to act like you want me to, I would condemn everyone I met for some reason, for chances are that everyone has something they believe in that another thinks is evil.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#577357 Aug 23, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
lil whispers wrote:
.... all nations means all nations.....
It means nations that existed at that time.

I live in a nation that didn't exist then so it doesn't pertain to us in the Americas.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#577358 Aug 23, 2013
What was one of Paul's injunction to Timothy.

Meditate upon theses things; give thyself wholly to them. 1 Timothy 4:15

Location hidden

#577359 Aug 23, 2013
When did David say he would praise God with joyful lips.

When I remember Thee upon my bed and mediate on Thee in the night watch. Psalms 63:5

“Love much, trust none”

There

#577360 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to tell Zeus about Hera's plan to sell me to Hades !
LOL

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#577361 Aug 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the Japanese translation fer vagisil if ya ask me.
Ah! A connoisseur.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#577362 Aug 23, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually thought Vonnegut was German, with a name like that. In fact he was an American POW in Dresden. Bet he copped heaps from the other GIs.
All good fiction has a grain of truth in it.
Sorry for mentioning the War.
:D
Of German decent!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#577363 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post!
Thanks!
Thank you, sir :)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#577364 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, one of the Discovery collection of channels.
They present lots of controversial 'documentaries'.
I have no problem with that.
They need to make money, I guess.

Location hidden

#577365 Aug 23, 2013
How will such meditation be to one who loves God.

My meditation of Him shall be sweet. Psalms 104:34

Location hidden

#577366 Aug 23, 2013
In what does the psalmist say the man who is blessed delights and meditates.

His delight is in the law of the Lord and in His law doth he meditate day and night. Psalms 1:2
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#577367 Aug 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for me.
It aint necessarily so | 4 hrs ago
RiversideHick wrote:
I think "written in the Bible" has the wrong meaning to most of you.

If the opening words were:
"Once upon a time in a land far far away..."
Christians would be less hateful and violent.

A unicorn and a Cyclops?
Thatís an accident waiting to happen.

You always take the time to write a impassioned well-informed response I applaud that.

I am way too lazy.

It's the research part that fascinates the hell out of me.

I have no agenda to promote other than my own personal entertainment.

Admittedly I am a Don Rickes wannabe
- tormenting those suffering from religious dementia with my rapier wit
<pats self on back ;)>
FACTS and sarcasm.

One question, Doc...
Montezuma's revenge?
True or false?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#577368 Aug 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
They need to make money, I guess.
That is the reason almost all TV shows exist in the USA

Location hidden

#577369 Aug 23, 2013
With what adversary do we constantly have to contend.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil as a roaring lion walketh about seeking to whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#577370 Aug 23, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no, it isn't.
For he, G_O_D or Ben or whatever you want to call him, was never vitriolic towards me, so while I dislike certain views of his, I won't be vitriolic towards him.
It's a simple matter of treating others as they do you. On the other hand, all of those who I have negatively commented towards have all made negative comments towards me.
For example, I treated Serah with kindness until she started lying about what I said, against all proof and evidence, and then claimed I needed my DNA changed.
If I were to act like you want me to, I would condemn everyone I met for some reason, for chances are that everyone has something they believe in that another thinks is evil.

That's not what I'm talking about.
I'm talking about comparing a Christian to Hitler or some other negative christian because of personal views.
But not comparing an atheist to Stalin or some other negative atheist because of personal views. There seems to be a double standard here. I'm sorry if you can't see that, then I guess you do not have an unbiased view here.

Location hidden

#577371 Aug 23, 2013
What is a man tempted.

But every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed. James 1:14

Location hidden

#577372 Aug 23, 2013
That we may not be overcome what are we told to do.

Watch and pray that ye enter not into temptation the spirit indeed is willing but the flesh is weak. Matthew 26:41

“Love much, trust none”

There

#577373 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about comparing a Christian to Hitler or some other negative christian because of personal views.
But not comparing an atheist to Stalin or some other negative atheist because of personal views. There seems to be a double standard here. I'm sorry if you can't see that, then I guess you do not have an unbiased view here.
I will compare anyone who espouses anti-Semitic propaganda to Hitler.

I will compare anyone who espouses racist propaganda to the KKK.

That has nothing to do with whether they are Christians or not.

Now, I will admit that I have anti-religious views AND that I understand why Stalin may have had similar views. That does not mean I espouse Soviet Totalitarianism.

I do find that most of the Communist Manifesto goes more to support democracy than any Government that refers to itself as "communist".

In fact, I would argue that the USA is closer to the ideals of the Communist Manifesto than any alleged communist country.

Give it a read:

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/61/pg61.h...
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#577374 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Godwin's law evoked! ;)

Many American books, television documentaries, and Sunday sermons that preach of Hitler's "evil" have eliminated Hitler's god for their Christian audiences, but one only has to read from his own writings to appreciate that Hitler's God equals the same God of the Christian Bible.

Hitler held many hysterical beliefs which not only include, God and Providence but also Fate, Social Darwinism, and ideological politics. He spoke, unashamedly, about God, fanaticism, idealism, dogma, and the power of propaganda.

Hitler held strong faith in all his convictions. He justified his fight for the German people and against Jews by using Godly and Biblical reasoning. Indeed, one of his most revealing statements makes this quite clear:

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

Raised as Catholic he went to a monastery school and, interestingly, walked everyday past a stone arch which was carved the monastery's coat of arms which included a swastika.

The German words, "Gott Mit Uns" means God With Us and appeared on many Nazi soldiers belt buckles during WWII. To see the buckle...

http://www.nobeliefs.com/mementoes.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How can I talk my wife into a 3 way with anothe... (Apr '08) 1 min myveryownjulia 160
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 43 min River Tam 797,315
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 45 min Viva Palestine 120,791
Young teenies 1 hr jose 2
Moses never existed 2 hr karl44 1,230
sexy boobs (Jul '14) 2 hr LALIT KUMAR 2
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr karl44 649
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 568,697
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr An NFL Fan 267,633
More from around the web