Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#577502 Aug 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I care. Just not about what you care about.
How do you feel about rival gangs killing one another? I'm sure that you hope that no innocent bystanders get hurt. Me, too.
That you care about Christians is a farce considering your posts.

I don’t want rival gangs hurting each other or those not involved including you. It is not the same thing though. But I’m sure you will try to twist it to make it look like it is..

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#577503 Aug 23, 2013
<quoted text>
You can go stand in the corner with Tweedledee and Tweedledum:
IANS wrote: "it is not limited to pulpits and pews."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Also, "Now, with all of that in mind, consider Tweedledee and Tweedldum's most frequent response when I refer to the church and its pernicious message:'They didn't teach that in my church, you Christian hating bigot.' "
You really are an idiot aint ya?

Grow the phuck up chile.

I said:

Ians makes it sound like its taught at the pulpit.

Ians says: Its not 'limited' to the pulpits and pews.

Do I really have to explain this to you douchebag?

Go have another taco and a tequila chaser. Clear the cobwebs out of your head..........

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#577504 Aug 23, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I am older! ;)
How old?
I gave my bible to Columbus!
It was written in Apache!
Klaatu Barada Nikto dialect.
I wanted him to be prepared...
Columbus finally arrives on the shores of America and is all excited seeing the native indians waving their arms furiously, yelling in a language he can not even understand, and doing some kind of dance. Just as he is about to debark and head to greet them, his first mate stops him.
Cap'n, he says...We know yer glad as hell ta find the new land an ya think these folks is throw'n ya a big welcome party, but that dance ther do'n is a is a "war dance", an ther yell'n obscenities 'bout yer mother an such.
Ole' Columbus is startled fer a moment, but then he spins around ta the mate with a evil gleam in his eye, an says...
set them sails! Pay them heathens no mind!
We'll make a map fer the "pilgrims"...They'll fix ther asses!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#577505 Aug 23, 2013
<quoted text>
You can go stand in the corner with Tweedledee and Tweedledum:
IANS wrote: "it is not limited to pulpits and pews."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Also, "Now, with all of that in mind, consider Tweedledee and Tweedldum's most frequent response when I refer to the church and its pernicious message:'They didn't teach that in my church, you Christian hating bigot.' "
Learn to read, Rider didn't say you said it was ONLY taught there

Rider on the Storm wrote:
Ians is trying to make it sound like its taught on the pulpit. It maybe is in some churches, but i doubt there are many that do.

So the fact that you said it isn't limited to just there has nothing to do with his point

His point, which others have echoed, is that it wasn't taught in our individual churches. They never even addresses the subject let alone taught people to hate gay people. Is it possible some of the tens of thousands of Christian churches in the United States alone have inappropriately taught a message of hate? Yes. But it's hardly the norm. But I guess facts get in the way of your bigotry so you ignore them

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#577506 Aug 23, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Now what would those words be taken to mean if mentioned in court, during a murder trial?
Guilty?
Imhotep

Sanford, FL

#577507 Aug 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>No, which is why I said I had never heard of him
You are easily confused aren't you?
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."
- Mark Twain

Nelson Mandela, out of prison for 16 years and hasn’t re-offended. I think he’s going straight. Which shows you, prison works.
Not sure if he is Christian? Do you know?

Most everyone in prison finds the local resident cultural god for companionship.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#577508 Aug 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
you would use the good examples of charity and love that far outweigh some hate crime and you would conclude the Christians overwhelmingly are good people.
People like you?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#577509 Aug 23, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Politics? I don't vote.
No point, but that's another topic. ;)
I'm not arguing about anything my dear...
This is just an observation of mine, nothing personal.
This forum is only entertainment to me
I have no agenda whatever.
I find Christians hilarious.
In my opinion, organized superstition equals religion.
Look at what some of these people post. Any church worth it's salt, should be
shunning them.
Mind you I've never had ANY religion.
The entire concept is ridiculous.
But I do enjoy exposing the Achilles' heel of posters and that Achilles' heel is FACT.
Human frailty is a fact , but the constitution strong.

Strong enough to forge the mightiest empire on Earth.

Behold Constantine's sword.

Realize

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#577510 Aug 23, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I am older! ;)
How old?
I gave my bible to Columbus!
It was written in Apache!
Klaatu Barada Nikto dialect.
I wanted him to be prepared...
LOL!
That was mighty kind of ya!
Sorta...

Fennario

#577511 Aug 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Please show the verse that supports racism.
You'll have to ask the Klan. The nineteenth century slavers are dead. You might still catch a few of the anti-miscegenationists, though.
Imhotep

Sanford, FL

#577512 Aug 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Columbus finally arrives on the shores of America and is all excited seeing the native indians waving their arms furiously, yelling in a language he can not even understand, and doing some kind of dance. Just as he is about to debark and head to greet them, his first mate stops him.
Cap'n, he says...We know yer glad as hell ta find the new land an ya think these folks is throw'n ya a big welcome party, but that dance ther do'n is a is a "war dance", an ther yell'n obscenities 'bout yer mother an such.
Ole' Columbus is startled fer a moment, but then he spins around ta the mate with a evil gleam in his eye, an says...
set them sails! Pay them heathens no mind!
We'll make a map fer the "pilgrims"...They'll fix ther asses!
LOL

Jesus on the cross

Jesus is dying on the cross, and Peter is down the hill comforting Mary Magdalene when he hears Jesus' faint voice, "Peter... Peter..."

"I must go and help my Savior," he said and went up the hill, only to be beaten and kicked back down by the Roman centurions guarding the cross. But soon he hears, "Peter... Peter," in even fainter tones but he cannot ignore the call. Peter limps up the hill, leans a ladder against the cross, and gets halfway up when the centurions knock over the ladder, beats him brutally, and tosses him back down the hill.

Again he hears, "Peter... Peter..." ever fainter, and again, he cannot refuse his Lord. In pain, he slowly staggers up the hill, drags himself up the ladder, and finally gets even with Christ's face. Just as the centurions are reaching for the ladder, Jesus says, "Peter... Peter... look, I can see your house from here."

<shrubbery smoking across the parking lot>

<nanny nanny boo boo!>

<missed again!>

;)

Fennario

#577513 Aug 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
That doesn't make sense on so many levels!
You should have gotten an education.
Skombolis wrote:
I hadn't heard of Kurt Vonnegut, something I readily admitted
That's stunning.

Location hidden

#577514 Aug 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Its just another example of how childish he really is skom. Vonnegut is kind of a cult hero, mostly with the hippy generation of the 60's and 70's. It became 'cool' to know of him, mention him and read his works. just another example of how immature he is.
Personally I think your kicking his azz and making him look like the fool he is, but i honestly dont know why you bother with a guy that refuses to grow into adulthood..........
Have at it though, its fun reading..........
The reasons you mentioned are why I do it.

Enjoy the show:)

Although its amazing this guy was like their unofficial leader. He might have write that into his fake constitution though! I enjoy him trying to take that role. He does more to discredit his pretend demo of secular humanist than anybody outside of it could do put together. It's nothing more than a front for a hate group. And guys like Catcher ripping on goat herders (when he tried to day I'm culturally biased) and Tide saying the things he has about Christians when he claimed he was against labels just helps to expose them all as the frauds they are. Although some may just sell their ethics cheap. All it takes is an "atta boy" from their Internet daddy and suddenly they are regurgitating any bigoted comments they have read.

It really is quite fascinating look into human nature, as sad as that is

(T) Peace

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#577515 Aug 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read, Rider didn't say you said it was ONLY taught there
Ians is trying to make it sound like its taught on the pulpit. It maybe is in some churches, but i doubt there are many that do.
So the fact that you said it isn't limited to just there has nothing to do with his point
His point, which others have echoed, is that it wasn't taught in our individual churches. They never even addresses the subject let alone taught people to hate gay people. Is it possible some of the tens of thousands of Christian churches in the United States alone have inappropriately taught a message of hate? Yes. But it's hardly the norm. But I guess facts get in the way of your bigotry so you ignore them
I know you're probably aware but he's ALWAYS doing that chit..........

Its why I ignore him mostly..........

Location hidden

#577516 Aug 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to tell Zeus about Hera's plan to sell me to Hades !
Hecate is who you should be having words with about that. She may intercede for you, but if she takes a fancy to ya yer in deep trouble.

Fennario

#577517 Aug 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Romans 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one who believeth, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Irrelevant to me. I'm not a Roman. Nor a Levite. Nor an Ephesian.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577518 Aug 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. don't worry, that's just Minnie Pause knocking on your door ..
.. if you start bleeding, let us know. River Tam may stop by ..
http://www.minniepauz.com/cartoons.html
LOL

8 hours in and dizziness, back and legs ache like crazy. Headache gone though. Yeah!

So far not as bad as I thought it would be. Then again, Rivavirin hasn't built up in my system yet. Another pill in 4 hours.

Here's a coincidence for you, the Rivavirin works by altering the RNA/DNA replication of all my cells so the virus can't reproduce. Sadly, it speeds up the aging process. However, knowing that we can alter it one way means that it may be possible to alter it the other. Pretty cool, huh ?

Location hidden

#577519 Aug 23, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessary Juicy
The forum can smell a Jesus Roach©!
You must have a mild cold.
"I asked my date what she wanted to drink. She said,‘Oh, I guess I’ll have Champagne.’ I said,‘Guess again.’”
- Slappy White
Imhotep's scribes recent research reported 6 out of 7 dwarves aren’t happy.
Aaaahhahahahah!
You are killing me!

Location hidden

#577520 Aug 23, 2013
<quoted text>
People like you?
Compared to a bigot like you I'm a saint

Your idea of charity work is probably giving an extra peso for your housekeeper that you pay slave wages to because you justify it by the local economy.

But in just one person. What difference dies it make how I am as far as judging billions of people world wide?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577521 Aug 23, 2013
I would only suggest that you understand the reasons behind the observances and treat them with the reverence they deserve. Don't make it like "Christmas" if you get my meaning.
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously there are secular Jews and non-secular Jewish people... and some wholeheartedly believe their histories with God and other exploits to be true and some Jews believe it to be myth.
Interestingly, I find similar disparities with many beliefs, including some circles of Christianity where people profess Christianity (because of familial traditions) yet believe Jesus to be mythical... with occasional Christian observances at certain times of the year.
A couple of Jewish observances are coming up in September and I'll probably refer to them on those dates if Jews believe them to be trivial myths or not.
But I believe, like many Jews believe... that they have a d

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Redeemed Jersey P... 996,586
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min FUmonitors 88,656
"Doctor REALITY" is FOS 48 min chick fill a 12
WARNING To GOP Republicans 51 min Bernie fan 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 57 min Big Al 223,085
New girl reminds me too much of ex gf 1 hr Jimbo 2
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 1 hr Kimbo 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr URineIdiot 703,880