Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Here For Now

Knoxville, TN

#577439 Aug 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrotye:
There is no need to thank me HFN for voicing my opinions. I often disagree with both sides.
IMO...Until we leave off the name-calling, the egos, the need to win at all costs...stop being so defensive...stop feeling as if we are being persecuted...until we truly put out the effort on both sides to understand how the other side feels...we will continue to be at war with each other.
I have given up trying to explain...trying to make anyone understand...
I asked RR 3 questions the other day...trying to open up communication...this is what I got back.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
HFN wrote:
I know you are not asking for a thank you but it was/is appreciated.
AnnieJ wrotye:
Question 1
Do you understand why we might doubt the "message of love" that Christians say they have for us little heathens?
RR’s response…
“It seems because y'alls is stuck in medeival times and refuse to see all the good Christians have done for the world.“
HFN wrote
Yes I can. Especially after being on topix.
AnnieJ wrotye:
Question 2
Why we consider the "love the sinner hate the sin" message sounds hollow?
RR’s response…
“Because you don't want to be considered a sinner. People are not to be hated, sins are. You don't see certain actions as sins as we do. We have a different (not better or worse, just different) moral code than you do.“
HFN wrote:
Yes
AnnieJ wrotye:
Question 3
Why do you think that most of us non-Christians just snicker when a Christians says Christianity is all about love?
RR’s response…
Because you're ignorant of Christianity and all that it entails. It seem sy'all only read the OT and focus only on "negative" aspects of the OT.
HFN wrote:
Because love is not always shown.
That being said, for the record, right or wrong, dealing with some of the non-believers is no picnic either. I think we feed on each others negativity and down right hatefulness
AnnieJ wrotye:
All 3 responses that I got were pointing the finger at non-believers...all 3 responses never placed any of the responsibility on Christians.
We will never come one step closer to finding peace or common ground as long as one side puts all the blame on the other. I doubt it will ever change...I believed that it could at one point...I no longer do...I have...or at least am trying...given up being so naive.
Oh well...I have said enough...maybe too much...I am known to open my mouth and piss both sides off! LOL

HFN wrote:
I think, on topix anyway, I’ve just about given up on there being peace too. I don’t think you have said too much. It sounds about right to me. I too sometimes find myself pissing off both sides. I wish I believed their could be peace but after all the time I’ve been on topix I’ve yet to see it.
I see a reason for both sides being upset with the other.
Lord help us all (except for a few) because it looks like we are not going to stop my friend.
HFN

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577440 Aug 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly we have a different view on what constitutes a problem. I am sure that a Christian might have a different view than say a non-Christian on what is and what is the source of those problems. I think that we also might have different view points on solving those problems.
Shall we all agree that warfare, terrorism, discrimination and genocide are problems ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577441 Aug 23, 2013
Go to Hell and wait, Satan.
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you claim all the time in here that Christians say they're perfect (which we all know is a bold faced lie by you).
So with that in mind I challenge you to find a single post in here from a Christian saying that they are perfect?
We'll be waiting?
***Watch the excuses fly, or something else by Ben/g_o_d/Lam to run away from backing up his lying claim.***

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577442 Aug 23, 2013
I see your posts but all I can make of them looks like this:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
PEOPLE occupy buildings and gather together for various reasons. we don't have to persecute/burn one building/organization to build another so your logic is perverse.
you're being an intolerant fascist, and if you can't see this for yourself it's proof that you're deceived by the spirit of antichrist.
it's no wonder why you hate paul so much; he exposes exactly who/what you are:
"because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them STRONG DELUSION, that they should BELIEVE THE LIE, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness"

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#577443 Aug 23, 2013
at least you admit you have faith :) since you like gambling so much, why not gamble with faith in Yeshua the Christ and see if you have as much success as when you put faith into the slot machine to give you money.
[QUOTE who="Imhotep "]<quoted text>
I win at slots every once in awhile.
Does that count?
I have 'faith' I shall win with each spin!
Tragically I was an only twin.
I’ve just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I’ll tell you what, never again.
I think Christians bear false witness with extreme ambiguity.
I shall remain in reality, but do enjoy your god fantasy ;)
A few gods thou haste abandoned...
http://www.godchecker.com/
Told you there are many {gods} out there lol. Your reality, is only your perception of reality.

Why tragic you're an only twin?

Where did you go for that holiday?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#577444 Aug 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I sincerely hope that you understand that BenAdams and I share the same view on this: human bodies could live forever if our medical technology was much, much more advanced.
And the reason? Because our bodies are incredibly complex organic "machines" (not really machines). We live because of chemical interactions - if we can understand these, int he context of gene-phenotype, epigene, we can slow and, in the far future, stop aging.
I fail to see how such views are religiou in nature.
If advanced medical technology can advance human lifespan in a polluted, diseased, imbalanced and genetically-riddled world... then how could it be far-fetched that Noah could live to 950 years in a clean, pristine, genetically-efficient and perfectly balanced world?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#577445 Aug 23, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
Puff Piece # 666 - GHS
Christianity cannot erase man's need for pleasure, nor can it eradicate the various sources of pleasure. What it can do, however, and what it has been extremely effective in accomplishing, is to inculcate guilt in connection with pleasure. The pursuit of pleasure, when accompanied by guilt, becomes a means of perpetuating chronic guilt, and this serves to reinforce one's dependence on God.
Christianity, with some exceptions, has never explicitly advocated human misery; it prefers instead to speak of sacrifices in this life so that benefits may be garnered in the life to come. One invests in this life, so to speak, and collects interest in the next. Fortunately for Christianity, the dead cannot return for a refund.
Through inculcating the notion that sacrifice is a virtue, Christianity has succeeded in convincing many people that misery incurred through sacrifice is a mark of virtue. Pain becomes the insignia of morality - and conversely, pleasure becomes the insignia of immorality. Christianity, therefore, does not say, "Go forth and be miserable". Rather, it says, "Go forth and
practice the virtue of self-sacrifice".
In practical terms, these commands are identical.
In exchange for obedience, Christianity promises salvation in an afterlife; but in order to elicit obedience through this promise, Christianity must
convince men that they need salvation, that there is something to be saved from.
Christianity has nothing to offer a happy man living in a natural, intelligible universe.
If Christianity is to gain a motivational foothold, it must declare war on earthly pleasure and happiness, and this, historically, has been its precise course of action.
In the eyes of Christianity, man is sinful and helpless in the face of God, and is potential fuel for the flames of hell. Just as Christianity must destroy reason before it can introduce faith, so it must destroy happiness before it can introduce salvation.
I am Imhotep® and I approve this post.
The post has my approval as well.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#577446 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
I see your posts but all I can make of them looks like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Cgb-JDLIOG0XX
<quoted text>
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
PEOPLE occupy buildings and gather together for various reasons. we don't have to persecute/burn one building/organization to build another so your logic is perverse.
you're being an intolerant fascist, and if you can't see this for yourself it's proof that you're deceived by the spirit of antichrist.
it's no wonder why you hate paul so much; he exposes exactly who/what you are:
"because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them STRONG DELUSION, that they should BELIEVE THE LIE, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness"

hahaaa...

Yeah.
Here For Now

Knoxville, TN

#577447 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on the distribution of religion 1/3 Christian and 1/3 Muslim, it is very likely that over half the world's problems are caused by the members of the Abrahamic religions.
I'm not perfect either.
:)

I hope the best for you Darwin. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
HFN

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577448 Aug 23, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>If advanced medical technology can advance human lifespan in a polluted, diseased, imbalanced and genetically-riddled world... then how could it be far-fetched that Noah could live to 950 years in a clean, pristine, genetically-efficient and perfectly balanced world?
I am puzzled that people try to prove things written in a book over 3000 years old that the culture (Jews) to whom it belongs say is all parable (AKA mythology).

“"None shall pass"”

There

#577449 Aug 23, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope the best for you Darwin. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
HFN
Thank you.

5 hours since the injection, only having a mild headache. back pain and hot flashes. Nothing I can't handle so far.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#577450 Aug 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
bwahahahhaahha!!!
I love this paragraph.
B/c it equates everyone and then says "since the majority exists, the majority causes the most problems.
Nice.
PARAGRAPH f....you? that you claim to Love this paragraph?
how fat and long paragraph is to make love with half head like you???
not majority cause any problems,only few minority thinking that majority are stupid population
same is with you, little punk minor empty head thinks that majority on this topic all of them are stupid?
but most stupid and half pussy brain is you ALONE?
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#577451 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am puzzled that people try to prove things written in a book over 3000 years old that the culture (Jews) to whom it belongs say is all parable (AKA mythology).
WHO TRY TO PROVE?
and to whom?

if you got pumpkin halloween brain, this parable is not myth?
only fact or brain of yours is made in image of chicken brain???
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#577452 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
5 hours since the injection, only having a mild headache. back pain and hot flashes. Nothing I can't handle so far.
wear women monthly period diapers, because soon you geet leaks and s...flashes to your pants

but try to feel good, dr Shrink 12 times a day pray for your wrecked old consumed by Aids AND DRUGS dead body?

#577453 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't immortality prevent one from reaching the afterlife ?
From what I've read thus far, the scientists involved are saying that with such advancements that it is highly possible for humans to live to a 1000 years of age.

But no, a highly-enhanced lifespan wouldn't prevent a true believer in Christ from "evolving" into a new body. Everyone is coming back to the earth anyways (including those Believers who died and are currently in heaven).

Phillipians 3:21

Had a thought... just a thought.. before I saw your question... After the fall of Adam effect but it wasn't a rapid degeneration as it is now because, in part, the external conditions preserved them. So what are those scientists trying to do? Reverse the affects of cell degeneration.

#577454 Aug 23, 2013
Edit (my previous post: After the fall of Adam and Eve, "aging"...---> (that is, dying or cell degeneration)came into effect...
Here For Now

Knoxville, TN

#577455 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
I’m glad that you can handle it. I’m not sure I could. Take it easy and don’t push yourself too much.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#577457 Aug 23, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>If advanced medical technology can advance human lifespan in a polluted, diseased, imbalanced and genetically-riddled world... then how could it be far-fetched that Noah could live to 950 years in a clean, pristine, genetically-efficient and perfectly balanced world?
Because human lifespans are greater now than they ever were, in ancient bronze age to live past 45 was doing great.
Even worse for the stone age and over 10,000 years ago.
But a few may have lived to be older , but no one ever lived to be 900 600 400 300 200 or even 150 , that's pure bunk.
Even The Kings of Bronze age Empires did not live to be even 100.
The ordinary men died much sooner because they had harder lives.
Though as I said some did live as long as some do now, such as
"Ramses II ruled Egypt from 1279 BC to 1213 BC[8] for 66 years and 2 months, according to both Manetho and Egypt's contemporary historical records. He was once said to have lived to be 99 years old, but it is more likely that he died in his 90th or 91st year."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramesses_II

"The Bronze Age (2,000 to 700 B.C.) folk of Northern Europe placed their dead in pits, sometimes with a large mound marking the spot. These people arranged corpses, curled lying on a side, men on their left and women on their right, both facing south. Archeologists discovered seven such skeletons in a storage pit in Slillfried/March, lower Austria. These Bronze Age peoples died at the approximate ages of 3, 6, 8, 9, 30, 40, and 45 years.

The Scots from the Iron Age (700 to 0 B.C.) buried their dead in cists or stone chests. Recently scientists excavated nine skeletons in Scotland from the Iron Age (700 to 0 B.C.). These people died at ages of about 10, 19, 30, 35, 40, and 45. Three, however, lived past 45.

Anglo-Saxons back in the Early Middle Ages (400 to 1000 A.D.) lived short lives and were buried in cemeteries, much like Englishmen today. Field workers unearthed 65 burials (400 to 1000 A.D.) from Anglo-Saxon cemeteries in England and found none who lived past 45."

http://www.wonderquest.com/LifeSpan.htm

Life span is longer now than it "ever was" for humans , because of modern medicines and antibiotics.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#577458 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
.. don't worry, that's just Minnie Pause knocking on your door ..

.. if you start bleeding, let us know. River Tam may stop by ..

http://www.minniepauz.com/cartoons.html
Here For Now

Knoxville, TN

#577459 Aug 23, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
wear women monthly period diapers, because soon you geet leaks and s...flashes to your pants
but try to feel good, dr Shrink 12 times a day pray for your wrecked old consumed by Aids AND DRUGS dead body?
That was a disgusting thing to say. I wish you would just shut up. He probably considers the source and could care less what you say but you were still disgusting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min confrinting with ... 670,354
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min RiversideRedneck 100,589
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Joe Fortuna 980,174
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr Sky Writer 31 184,288
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 hr Jehowa Witness 46,179
Treating others with respect 12 hr UnderstandPeople 14
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 14 hr Seejay 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) Wed Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web