|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
You expect me to know every author that ever existed?
I've never heard of that sourkraut guy.
"American's best black humorist."

Stop what you're doing and go read "Cat's Cradle." It's simultaneously both about how irresponsible science is and how foolish religion is.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
folks - this is where it always ends with the unbelievers when they get their theological backs up against a wall
You are a hollow drum, your philosophy is vile, Your approach childish.

That you defame the christian belief system with every post AND that you do so without critique from the (claimed) christians of this thread creates great humor.

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. Strathmore is the most prestigious university in Kenya. It was organized by Opus Dei, a Catholic organization known for their anti-gay and anti-abortion platforms ..
http://www.strathmore.edu/en/about-strathmore...
.. Africa is the new frontier for Christian religious sect dominance ..
That's disturbing.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
You know else is pretty cool?
Joshua 7:2 says "Go up and spy out the land.", so I guess we have to go spy...
And Ruth 3:14 is GAWD's command on what to do with a cloak; "Bring the cloak you are wearing and hold it out"
And Amos 8:4 "tells" us what to do with the needy... "trample on the needy"
And Lamentations 4:4 "tells" us how babes drink... "The tongue of the infant sticks to the roof of its mouth for thirst".
Are you getting my point?
Not all Scripture is meant to read as a rule for all, most of it is just a story about those people and the rules they had then.
In NO WAY does any of the above apply as any kind of rule, even though it's written in the Bible.
I think "written in the Bible" has the wong meaning to most of you.
Awesome, thanks :)

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good. So now you're starting to understand that the Levite's land, for example, is no longer the Levite's land. And none of their rules or laws apply to ANY Christian, ever.
Woohoo! Straight from RR.

“Last rose of summer”

Since: Jun 13

The Coathanger

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA!!!
"My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilisation, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it either."
Christopher Hitchens
What a great "source".
That's better than L Ron Hubbard.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mac...good to "see" ya back among the fold! LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
---
Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Ronald Reagan
I bet his astrologer tole him that!

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the words of Jesus are for all Christians.
Why doesn't the logic follow the same as before?

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So, again, you admit that you pick and choose what bits of the Bible apply to you.
So do I. Only in my case, it's none of 'em.
How choosey of you!

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
but but if you held the magic black marker we know very well what you'd like to censor: FREEDOM OF SPEECH/FREEDOM TO WORSHIP!!!
you so-called 'liberal' fascist's are really the hight of all hypocricy!
Uhm, it's not me using the magic black marker. You must not have understood - I was asking if it's ok for Christians to ignore parts of their holy book. I likened ignoring large swaths from the ancient book like using a magic black marker.

I don't want to censor you. Please, speak your mind.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
your not getting anything wrong here - if you were a jew and under jewsih law, it would be best not to be a sorcerer back in those days.
as an 'anthropologist'(chuckle) i find it funny that you like to pick on ancient jewish culture (anti-semetic much?;), but not... say... their contemporary amelekites who sacrificed their children to the god of 'molech' by throwing them into a furnace. why not?;)
So for you, asking questions about the Christian Bible is anti-semetic?

That's an unusual take on questions. Are you for censorship of atheists?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How choosey of you!
So I'm picky.

LOL.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
But you'll stay here and argue it ad nauseum.
Imagine that.
every moral citizen has an obligation to stand against evil

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, sweet! Finally, some actual conversations.
Hey, y'alls is hanging up on me now.
You have been asking for it.

You have become, for me, insufferable.

Some people have liimits; I'm one of them.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Good come back.
If River says you're OK then I won't pick on you.
Sorry.
BTW, I AM on drugs.
Vicodin at the moment and Valium tonight. Interferon and Rivavirin starts tomorrow. Victrelis added to the cocktail in four weeks.
Expect me to be a jerk for a while.
Excuse me...I am new to this forum but I wanted to say I remember when Interferon was the "Promise" drug and still in its experimental stages back in 1979.It would have been the only hope left for my daughter if available. I will keep you in my Prayers..

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
Yo!
Uh-huh... totally. Actually, Noah lived to 950 years.
In my faith, Hiding, I believe our bodies were originally designed to live forever.
Only with insanely high technology. But, no, our bodies are not evolved to live forever.
I'll spare you detailed info about sin and how it came into the world to cease all of that...but over long periods of time as sin increased, so did the erosion of mankind's longevity.
Your idea of "sin" is a cultural construct not shared in other countries or religions. So it's not a universal explanation - it's most certainly not a scientific explanation for aging.
Eventually, the Lord said, "My Spirit will not always 'contend' with man... and his days will be numbered to 120 years..." Now, that didn't take affect immediately as I believe God either slowly turned up or turned down the thermostat.
These are your religion's ways of explaining lifespan, pre-science.
I believe a part of the myriad of reasons why Noah's longevity differs from ours is because of the weather. Obviously, weather affects us all kinds of ways.
If Noah existed, he didn't live past 120.
Back in Noah's day and even before that, they most likely didn't have to deal with the unhealthy effects of acid rain (which introduces chemicals in the food chain), harmful pollutants in the air and other chemicals in the air (that most of us do not know about which are airborne). Weather affects one's psychological mood, body (especially heart health)... it affects migration...they most likely didn't have to deal with ozone layer depletion issues... their vegetation was lush. Certain solar events affects earth's magnetic field which in turn impacts climate change... I've read that the earth's magnetic field affects electrochemical signals in the brain.... barometric pressure also affects pressure on the brain and even our blood pressure. Other spheres within the atmosphere affect us. Can weather affect arthritis? Tempurature changes can affect metabolism and longevity. Can some or all of these weather events cause genetic variation?
None of the above are important factors in the maximum human lifespan for our species. They may impinge upon individuals, though.
Heck, I believe one day science may even find the gene where increased life-span may have been turned off with all of these changes and perhaps they will have problems turning it back on.
There are lots and lots of genes that literally cause us to age.
Not to mention life-style habits such as lack of exercise and improper diet habits which can affect longevity.
Sure. Your largest intellectual mistake is comparing contemporary human problems with the entirety of our species.
So what do I believe about Noah's ripe old age? I believe that back in those days the human gene pool was closest to pure (as they were closer to Adam and Eve) and wasn't as corrupted as is now.
That's patently false. You basically believe in a myth and refuse to accept scientific explanations.
So in essence, I believe there is 1. Pre-flood weather, 2. Post-flood weather (right after the flood) 3. And increasingly, various climate-change cycles afterwards until now. I think the weather plays a big part in human life-span and knowledge helps to combat some of that, but it can only go so far.
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/news/newsletter/2012...
<quoted text>Yes and yes. Thanks for the questions as it helped me to look research further in it.
- the flood never happened
- your ideas are based in mythology and not reflective of what we know of human phylogeny
- you are conflating contemporary lifespan issues of the last 200 years with hominin biology that evolved over millions of years.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
I've said my peace.
Y'all refuse to listen.
I'll just give ya a few days without ole RR.
I think Ima take a 3-day weekend away from Topix.
Good.

Use the time for reflection.
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I ain't zakly sure, but wasn't that them "newflem" fellers job.
You know --the giant folks.
Iíve just come back from this new restaurant, Wong Fritz. Itís a Chinese German fusion.
Now Iím hungry for power.

I wonít say ours was a tough school, but we had our own coroner.

I play all my Country and Western music backwards Ė your lover returns, your dog comes back and you cease to be an alcoholic.

"We had gay burglars last night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture.Ē
- Robin Williams

This is the big one! You hear that, Elizabeth? I'm coming to join ya, honey!
<Redd Foxx

;)

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

<BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA gazes deeply into mirro>
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
not more from you,
you are not only stupid but uneducated troll, you are imbecil without of Wikipedia false informations controled by zionists
your brain is a brain of 5 years old sick mentaly idiot, your body is adult adult,brain never developed to the mature free independent thinking?JUST CRAZY ON THE TOP TO YOUR DOWN?
Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. You're not too old to learn, you know. Start with basic websites, like this:

http://funschool.kaboose.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 551,681 - 551,700 of596,649
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

729 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Regina 512,449
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min karl44 217,367
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min DNF 89,652
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Porkpie Hat 250,480
The sad REALITY of being a gay atheist 26 min Truth 18
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 34 min Harrison Freebird 23,841
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 36 min RiversideRedneck 681,058
teen snapchat nudes 2 hr Jasmine 140
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 7 hr nikeelite0193 291
•••
•••
•••