Why Should Jesus Love Me?
lil whispers

Albuquerque, NM

#577379 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want hugs and kisses.
Is that too much lust ?
I want to whisper in your ear, please get well,please take care of yourself.(((BEN))) lots of them (((sweet kisses))) lots of them.
I tuck you tight in my prayers and meditations. God bless loveya lil whispers.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#577380 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want hugs and kisses.
Is that too much lust ?
.. how about the HL ultimate scarf experience ??..

.. center on the nurse's boobs. That will make it better ..

.. our thoughts will be with you ..

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577381 Aug 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to whisper in your ear, please get well,please take care of yourself.(((BEN))) lots of them (((sweet kisses))) lots of them.
I tuck you tight in my prayers and meditations. God bless loveya lil whispers.
Aaaawwwweeee

<blushing>

Thanks,((((smooch)))

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577382 Aug 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. how about the HL ultimate scarf experience ??..
.. center on the nurse's boobs. That will make it better ..
.. our thoughts will be with you ..
Thanks!

Hugs and kisses to you too.

Took the first pill an hour ago, nurse will be here in an hour for the first injection.

I'll check out her boobs so the needle won't hurt.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#577383 Aug 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, the best pirates I ever knowed testified you folks is said ta have been recommended by the finest o' judges in the world!
Good one!
:D

'Farewell to old England forever
Farewell to my rum pals as well
Farewell to the well-known Old Bailey
Where I always did look such a swell

Singing tooraliooraliaddity
Singing tooraliooraliay
Singing tooraliooraliaddity
We're bound for Botany Bay'

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#577384 Aug 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Only with insanely high technology. But, no, our bodies are not evolved to live forever.
Are there secular scientists who believe the body can live forever?
Imhotep

United States

#577385 Aug 23, 2013
~~~~~\\\||
~~~~(@@)~~
~~oOo--O--oOo~~
FLORIDA CONSIDERS ELIMINATING LAWS ALTOGETHER

TALLAHASSEE (The Borowitz Report)—Arguing that its current system of laws is out of step with life in today’s Florida, a growing chorus of lawmakers in the state are arguing for a measure that would eliminate laws altogether.

“Florida is rife with laws that say ‘Do this, don’t do that,’” said Gov. Rick Scott, a supporter of the measure.“Speaking as a Floridian, I have found it exhausting pretending to obey them.”

There is broad support in the state for abolishing laws, according to a poll commissioned by the political action committee Citizens For a Lawless Florida.

According to that poll, a majority of Floridians favor ridding the state of laws, while a sizable number did not know that the state had any.

“We’ve been trying to remove laws piecemeal for the past few decades, but this measure seems like the most efficient way to take care of the whole problem,” Gov. Scott said.

For those who fear that eradicating Florida’s laws would wreak havoc on life in the state, Gov. Scott offered this reassurance:“Honestly, I don’t think you’ll notice a difference.”

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577386 Aug 23, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there secular scientists who believe the body can live forever?
Actually there are serious scientific investigations into that. There is every possibility they will eventually succeed.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577387 Aug 23, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
~~~~~\\\||
~~~~(@@)~~
~~oOo--O--oOo~~
FLORIDA CONSIDERS ELIMINATING LAWS ALTOGETHER
TALLAHASSEE (The Borowitz Report)—Arguing that its current system of laws is out of step with life in today’s Florida, a growing chorus of lawmakers in the state are arguing for a measure that would eliminate laws altogether.
“Florida is rife with laws that say ‘Do this, don’t do that,’” said Gov. Rick Scott, a supporter of the measure.“Speaking as a Floridian, I have found it exhausting pretending to obey them.”
There is broad support in the state for abolishing laws, according to a poll commissioned by the political action committee Citizens For a Lawless Florida.
According to that poll, a majority of Floridians favor ridding the state of laws, while a sizable number did not know that the state had any.
“We’ve been trying to remove laws piecemeal for the past few decades, but this measure seems like the most efficient way to take care of the whole problem,” Gov. Scott said.
For those who fear that eradicating Florida’s laws would wreak havoc on life in the state, Gov. Scott offered this reassurance:“Honestly, I don’t think you’ll notice a difference.”
States would make their lives a lot easier if they just selectively chose which Federal Laws they want to enforce.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577388 Aug 23, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one!
:D
'Farewell to old England forever
Farewell to my rum pals as well
Farewell to the well-known Old Bailey
Where I always did look such a swell
Singing tooraliooraliaddity
Singing tooraliooraliay
Singing tooraliooraliaddity
We're bound for Botany Bay'
Donald's gane up the hill hard and hungry,

Donald's come doon th' hill, wild and angry!

Donald will clear the gouk's nest cleverly;

Here's to the King and Donald MacGillavry!

Come like a weighbauk, Donald MacGillavry!

Balance them fair, and balance them cleverly!

Off wi' the counterfeit, Donald MacGillavry!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577389 Aug 23, 2013

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#577390 Aug 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there are serious scientific investigations into that. There is every possibility they will eventually succeed.
I will be thinking of you, my friend.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577391 Aug 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be thinking of you, my friend.
Thank you.

You get hugs, no smooches. <smile>
Bongo

Yonkers, NY

#577392 Aug 23, 2013
It would be nice if Buck would come back and bring some life to this thread.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#577393 Aug 23, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
It seems Skomboli Disease is contagious.
Yes, RiversideHick is learning bad habits from Skombolis. These are the ones I've noticed lately in my interactions with them:

• Dismiss any statistical inference you don't like by pointing out that it was only a sample of Christians that were studied.
• Call those who do this bigots for doing it.
• Continually misrepresent the meaning of "the church."
• Quibble over semantics, try to control meaning or definitions.
• Mangle. Transform meanings between reading and repeating them.
• Cafeteria Christianity - selective emphasis of some scriptures and invalidation of others to validate personal preferences.

These are two different and distinct personas. You could identify each of them just from a paragraph of their writing. Yet they are nearly identical in the areas that support their religion, the obvious implication being that they have been indoctrinated - Hiding says enculturated, and I believe it was Rosa that used the word "introjection" - from a common source.

Whatever we ultimately decide is the origin of that training, that is what I call the church. It's the same thing we are trying to protect the state and citizens from with the separation clause.

Is that a bunch of buildings that fill up on Sundays that Skombolis and RH attend or attended, and repeatedly refer to? No.

Is it each Christian individually? No.

Here's a good time to reexamine that usage - "the church".

The church is neither people nor buildings, although it resides in them.

It is an abstraction, one with persistence in time that transcends material objects like people and buildings. It's a history, a culture, and a tradition.

It's vector is people - clergy, congregants, and other believers. But these people are not the church. The people come and go over the centuries, but the church survives them all, evolving over time like a language breaking into dialects.

It's a source of teaching, and it is not limited to pulpits and pews. It includes the source of the intelligent design movement, which is private money, a mission statement, think tanks, and information disseminating media from books to talk shows to websites.

It is also the source of the money exerting political pressure - lobbying and propagandizing positions on abortion, morning after pills, gay marriage and more.

It's televangelists, Sean Hannity, and God Bless America bumper stickers.

It's Rick Santorum, George Bush, and people like them.

It's Tim Tebow, Pat Boone and people like them.

All of this carries the Christian message, and imprints its principle memes on millions of individuals, and in so doing, modifies the nation's collective psyche.

And too often, when that fingerprint is identified, there is a stain with it. Are those qualities described above desirable? Do we benefit from coexisting with an institution that does that?

This abstraction - this megameme, passing through generations like a virus - is also the source of Western atheophobia and homophobia. It doesn't manifest in every believer to the same extent or in the same way, and some avoid these Christian ethical pitfalls altogether by simply refusing to accept such bad ideas.

That's the church.

It's a source of confusion, obstruction, and disinformation in society at large. To it immediate victims, the believers, it also is a source of guilt, fear and shame, and it inhibits personal development (a la Maslow, for those familiar or interested).

Now, with all of that in mind, consider Teedledee and Tweedldum's most frequent response when I refer to the church and its pernicious message:'They didn't teach that in my church, you Christian hating bigot.'

Incidentally, your posting seems to have jumped a notch. You seem to be spending less time trying to teach Christians and more time trying understand, describe and explain them, which brings us full circle back to the church.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#577394 Aug 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, RiversideHick is learning bad habits from Skombolis. These are the ones I've noticed lately in my interactions with them:
• Dismiss any statistical inference you don't like by pointing out that it was only a sample of Christians that were studied.
• Call those who do this bigots for doing it.
• Continually misrepresent the meaning of "the church."
• Quibble over semantics, try to control meaning or definitions.
• Mangle. Transform meanings between reading and repeating them.
• Cafeteria Christianity - selective emphasis of some scriptures and invalidation of others to validate personal preferences.
These are two different and distinct personas. You could identify each of them just from a paragraph of their writing. Yet they are nearly identical in the areas that support their religion, the obvious implication being that they have been indoctrinated - Hiding says enculturated, and I believe it was Rosa that used the word "introjection" - from a common source.
Whatever we ultimately decide is the origin of that training, that is what I call the church. It's the same thing we are trying to protect the state and citizens from with the separation clause.
Is that a bunch of buildings that fill up on Sundays that Skombolis and RH attend or attended, and repeatedly refer to? No.
Is it each Christian individually? No.
Here's a good time to reexamine that usage - "the church".
The church is neither people nor buildings, although it resides in them.
It is an abstraction, one with persistence in time that transcends material objects like people and buildings. It's a history, a culture, and a tradition.
It's vector is people - clergy, congregants, and other believers. But these people are not the church. The people come and go over the centuries, but the church survives them all, evolving over time like a language breaking into dialects.
It's a source of teaching, and it is not limited to pulpits and pews. It includes the source of the intelligent design movement, which is private money, a mission statement, think tanks, and information disseminating media from books to talk shows to websites.
It is also the source of the money exerting political pressure - lobbying and propagandizing positions on abortion, morning after pills, gay marriage and more.
It's televangelists, Sean Hannity, and God Bless America bumper stickers.
It's Rick Santorum, George Bush, and people like them.
It's Tim Tebow, Pat Boone and people like them.
All of this carries the Christian message, and imprints its principle memes on millions of individuals, and in so doing, modifies the nation's collective psyche.
And too often, when that fingerprint is identified, there is a stain with it. Are those qualities described above desirable? Do we benefit from coexisting with an institution that does that?
This abstraction - this megameme, passing through generations like a virus - is also the source of Western atheophobia and homophobia. It doesn't manifest in every believer to the same extent or in the same way, and some avoid these Christian ethical pitfalls altogether by simply refusing to accept such bad ideas.
That's the church.
It's a source of confusion, obstruction, and disinformation in society at large. To it immediate victims, the believers, it also is a source of guilt, fear and shame, and it inhibits personal development (a la Maslow, for those familiar or interested).
Now, with all of that in mind, consider Teedledee and Tweedldum's most frequent response when I refer to the church and its pernicious message:'They didn't teach that in my church, you Christian hating bigot.'
Incidentally, your posting seems to have jumped a notch. You seem to be spending less time trying to teach Christians and more time trying understand, describe and explain them, which brings us full circle back to the church.
Excellent post. Thanks!
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#577395 Aug 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? That's just a turf war being fought on Muslim turf. What did you expect? They hate you like you hate them.
Are you looking for sympathy from unbelievers?
Yes Ians I would think unbeliever or not most people would care. However it does not surprise me at all that you don’t care. That says more about you than you know.

And no I was not looking for sympathy. Some of you seem to think that Christians are responsible for all the evils of the world. That is just hogwash.
followerofSatan

Dallas, TX

#577396 Aug 23, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just hogwash.
Religious zealotry over the centuries has been directly responsible for countless deaths, imprisonments, needless suffering, torturings, and the oppression of people on grounds of sex, race, colour, sexuality or belief.

A few obvious examples :
• The Crusades.
• The Inquisition.
• Witch trials in Europe and America.
• The Divine right of Kings (valid until killed by another Divinely-appointed King).
• Missionaries destroying/converting smaller, "heathen" religions and cultures.
• The demonization of other religions, e.g. Christianity demonizing Pagans ("They're devil-worshippers!"), the Romans demonizing Christians ("They're atheists and cannibals!").
• Persecution of Heretics - e.g. Galileo for daring to suggest that the Earth orbits the Sun.
• Children dying because their parents refused them medical treatment on religious grounds; relying instead on faith-healers and prayer.
• Slavery, supposedly supported by scripture ("Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, just as you would obey Christ.", St.Paul, Ephesians 6:5)
• Holy wars - followers of different faiths (or even the same faith) killing each other in the name of their (benevolent, loving and merciful) gods.
• The destruction of great works of art considered to be pornographic/blasphemous, and the persecution of the artists.
• Censorship (often destructive) of speech, art, books, music, films, poetry, songs and, if possible, thought.
• Persecution/punishment of blasphemers (Salman Rushdie still has a death sentence on him), and blasphemy laws in general.
• The requirement of theism in order to stand for public office or to testify in court.
• Serial killers believing they are doing the work of Satan (or sometimes Jesus).
• Often-fatal exorcisms by priests believing they are destroying the work of Satan.
• People suffering dreadful injury or death in the belief that their faith has made them invulnerable (e.g. people climbing into lion enclosures at zoos, with a Bible as protection).
• Whole societies divided by minor differences in belief or doctrine, often resulting in violence.
• Mass suicides of cult-members following a charismatic leader who believes the world is about to End (most recently, the Heaven's Gate and Solar Temple cults - there will be more as we approach the year 2000).
• The attempted genocide of followers of a particular faith (e.g. the Jewish Holocaust, "ethnic cleansing" in former Yugoslavia).
• Blood sacrifices to appease the Gods, or to ensure a good harvest.(The Aztecs made daily human sacrifices to ensure that the Sun would rise. Or did they?)
• The practice of "female circumcision" (more accurately termed genital mutilation).
• The discouragement of rational, critical thought (resulting in young-earth creationists, for example).
• Uncontrolled population growth caused (or at least helped) by churches prohibiting birth-control and abortion.(You can also add : unwanted pregnancies, ill-fated forced marriages, and pregnant teenagers condemned to a life in mental institutions to avoid embarrassing their families.)
• The spread of sexually transmitted diseases (e.g. AIDS) due to churches prohibiting the use of condoms.
• Believers whipping, impaling, poisoning or crucifying themselves during religious festivals as a demonstration of their faith and piety.
• Suicide bombers taught to believe that martyrs go straight to Paradise.
• The indoctrination of children into the religion of their parents, giving them an arbitrary, life-long belief that is almost entirely dependent on their place of birth.
• Women treated as second-class citizens or even slaves (article : Islam's Shame).
• Pentecostal snake-handlers (Augusta Chronicle news article)
• Persecution of homosexuals (Genocide of gay and lesbian youth)
• Abuse of power, authority and trust by religious leaders (for financial gain or sexual abuse of followers and even children).

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#577397 Aug 23, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>yeah but Christians will go heaven !!!! atheist will go to hell believe or not.....
atheist are as dumb as hell
lol..true thing writer!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#577398 Aug 23, 2013
Neb Senu wrote:
<quoted text>
You should research deeper.
Zoroastrianism has various sectors and of the main ones are the systems of cosmic dualism and ethical dualism.
In ethical dualism the Specta Maniyu aka the Good Spirit and the Angras Maniyu aka the Angry Spirit whose conflicts are based internally in humanity.
The cosmic dualism is based on an external conflict of Good and Evil which reflects the actions seen in humanity.
Though Zoroastrianism sprung from a belief that there was only one god, Ahura Mazda, there is no evidence of any kind showing that this prophet was chosen by a monotheistic entity.
OIW, something like the self proclaimed Jesus and Mohammed.
oy!, it's really not a stretch to believe in god(s) or a Supreme Deity. Most of the world believes gods or a Supreme God or Deity exists.

So this other religion you fascinated with Zoroastrianism, is really not a religion that would be an outlier. That religion has a lot of ingredients outlined in many religions today. And you named the main problem in the two biggest religion worldwide, a dis-belief that Jesus or Mohammed was chosen by the one true God.

That comes down to simply personal experience. I know many muslims. I know many Christians. I know many atheists from buddhism.

If a muslim believes they have encountered God through Mohammed, no one can convince him that he did not have that experience. And frankly writer...I do believe the muslim have had contact with a supreme being through Mohammed. It's just a false being that not out for their ultimate good, and not the Supreme Being.

To me Christians through Jesus Christ experience the one Supreme Being YHWH Almighty.

Let me repeat...

To me Christians through Jesus Christ experience the one Supreme Being YHWH Almighty.

And there is no human being that can convince the Christian otherwise.

There is only one event in life that would prove the Muslim wrong, or the Christian wrong. One event. And it's one of two events that is inevitable in life. one is taxes...the other is D....

You bright, figure it out.

So religions do destroy. Yes they do. But religions are to me interesting as well. Many countries religion is culture and to see how different cultures exist within a the frame of religion is fascinating.

But the bottom line is a personal experience with the One True God. That the bottom line. That experience makes the believer. That experience seals the believer, for life. What are [you] doing to gain that life changing experience?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Gods r Delusion x... 672,723
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Buck Crick 104,329
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Jehova Witness 981,087
------ POPE Francis **EXPOSED ------ 4 hr Patriot 2
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 5 hr Third eye blind 540
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 hr Jehova Witness 46,186
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 hr Jehova Witness 445,832
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web