Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#576521 Aug 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> And here you will find the teeth of the dragon, poised for war and ready to battle...you. Freedom rings without your ideas...... also.
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

---

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.

Ronald Reagan

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#576522 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
What else would an atheist church have to discuss?
Atheist is all about non-religion. Would they discuss non-religion for two hours?
Do you not understand that an atheist is just someone who does not have a belief in any deities?

The idea of an "atheist church" is stupid.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#576523 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, sister.
God bless you.
Cheers ~ and ditto to your posting :)

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Since: Mar 11

Mercury

#576524 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
But....
Then....
How would the dishes get clean???
You will wear this:

http://cb-x.com/

and then you will wash the dishes!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#576525 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>...
Nowhere does the Bible tell anyone that we need to kill witches. Nowhere. It's a story telling us about the covenant between God and the ancient Israelites......
So God wanted peole murdered by Jews back then but not now ?

So God used to be a fukweasle but now he is a teddy bear ?

God has MPD what a hoot! A deity with a severe mental disorder!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#576526 Aug 21, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Delicious. Thanks Scar.
It's my pleasure, Ms.Incognito.
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#576527 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
I think RH would burn witches at the stake, given the proper order from his deity.
<quoted text>
You're both wrong.
God has NEVER commanded a Christian to kill a witch.
Hmm?

You must have missed the WITCH sections of thy holy guidebook.

Remember these?
There are more... ;$

Exodus 22:18

“You shall not permit a sorceress to live.

Revelation 21:8

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Leviticus 20:27

“A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them.”

1 Samuel 28:7

Then Saul said to his servants,“Seek out for me a woman who is a medium, that I may go to her and inquire of her.” And his servants said to him,“Behold, there is a medium at En-dor.”

2 Kings 21:6

And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

Deuteronomy 18:9-12

“When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you.

1 Chronicles 10:13

So Saul died for his breach of faith. He broke faith with the Lord in that he did not keep the command of the Lord, and also consulted a medium, seeking guidance.

Micah 5:12

And I will cut off sorceries from your hand, and you shall have no more tellers of fortunes;

Leviticus 19:26

“You shall not eat any flesh with the blood in it. You shall not interpret omens or tell fortunes.

Exodus 8:18

The magicians tried by their secret arts to produce gnats, but they could not. So there were gnats on man and beast.

Acts 19:18-20

Also many of those who were now believers came, confessing and divulging their practices. And a number of those who had practiced magic arts brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted the value of them and found it came to fifty thousand pieces of silver. So the word of the Lord continued to increase and prevail mightily.

Luke 8:2

And also some women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities: Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out,

Deuteronomy 18:10

There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer

Revelation 22:15

Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Want to try the truth for a change?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576528 Aug 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I wondered why he felt that way.
Prolly the humanist in him.
I don't hate any of you.
Then was would be the correct word?
I've already done that. I don't intend to repeat myself. Your mind is se.
Lazy butt.
And that's why I've given up trying to explain myself to you. You are confounded by the simplest concepts, like the difference between an ideology and a group of people.
Oh, I see. It's the ideology of Christianity, I mean the church, that you don't like.

So you're totally cool with Christians, just not the church.

Huh?!
This is bigotry by your own definition:
"The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1
My objection to that is not.
In what way do you see that as bigotry?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#576529 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
Those poor goat herders....
Maybe young Catch lost a bad lawsuit against them or something.
One of my friends whom I admire raises goats.
I was a mechanic for 20 years.

What is your point :>?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#576530 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
Those poor goat herders....
Maybe young Catch lost a bad lawsuit against them or something.
heh

I heard he hired a Christian goat herder to build him a chicken coop for his office and thought he was gonna be able to talk his way into a better deal. He realized he wasn't good at making persuasive arguments and has been taking it out on the messenger ever since:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576531 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that, that's fine.
Maybe you can make me believe you.
Please tell me where the Bible tells ME to kill a witch.
(not the story, but where it tells me to do so)
Go.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I, personally, don't want you to by religious type faith believe anything, and as far as showing you where it tells you to kill a witch in the bible...
You select and discard what you want from the bible at a whim, as long as it suits your twisted logic.
This is the rule: The only "Real Christian™" is the one you happen to be talking to at the moment, and they'll tell you who isn't, a "Real Christian™".
They always are a, "Real Christian™", however, and that belief comes from the bible, no matter how bizarre it is.
So you researched it, found nothing to back your claim and fire back with insults.

I win.

Cuz I'm awesome.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#576532 Aug 21, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was doing some reading this morning and ran across this story...saddens me. It is quite lengthy but well worth the time.
http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/god-was-wi...
Excerpt...
Last June three men from rural Washington jumped out of a pickup truck and, wielding a broken vodka bottle, attacked a gay man in Seattle. This week all three were found guilty of a hate crime, bringing an end to a story that has been covered here—when it has been covered at all—as a clash of opposites: rural versus urban, straight versus gay.

But a look into the pasts of the victim, Micah Painter, and his three attackers reveals that a single force shaped all four young men: Evangelical Christianity.
They make that last sentence seem like it was some shocking revelation, as if there is any other possible source for such a thing in Seattle. In Teheran, it's Islam, but in America, it's Jesus' Kids.

Why should we remain silent about that church? We have no duty to tolerate intolerance.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#576533 Aug 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel persecuted.
Please don't burn me, sir.
:0
I'm gonna tickle you into submission :) he hehe

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#576534 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
RiversideHick wrote:
He also said he wants a particular person to die so he can piss on his grave.
Is this your humanitarianism hard at work?
You can have it.
Are you going to ask a question or make a point?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576535 Aug 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, about that...
From the Septaguint
kashaph {kaw-shaf'}
Meaning: 1)(Piel) to practice witchcraft or sorcery, use witchcraft 1a) sorcerer, sorceress (participle)
Origin: a primitive root; TWOT - 1051; v
Usage: AV - sorcerers 3, witch 2, witchcraft 1; 6
There still were many who wished to follow pagan beliefs and consort with the dead. The sorceress was someone who dealt with drugs or herbs for occult purposes.
From the Targumim
verb piel participle feminine singular absolute
1051.0 (k¹shap) use witchcraft. Denominative verb.
(1051a)(keshep) witchcraft.
(1051b)(kashsh¹p) sorcerer.
Translated word meanings from BibleWorks 9.0
The word,"witch", is appropriate.
Huh...

It seems you are correct.

"kashaph: to practice sorcery"

http://biblesuite.com/hebrew/3784.htm

You win.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576536 Aug 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel persecuted.
Please don't burn me, sir.
:0
Only through words, never through action.

>:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576537 Aug 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't even remember what you wrote a week ago.
Maybe you were born a gay Buddhist. You can't remember so you don't know.
A gay Buddhist?!

Ahaha

Good thing I'm wearing this orange robe and no undies....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576538 Aug 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You will wear this:
http://cb-x.com/
and then you will wash the dishes!
Oh no!

The Jedi Mind Trick....!!!!..

I will wear that.....

And then I will wash the dishes....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576539 Aug 21, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm?
You must have missed the WITCH sections of thy holy guidebook.
Remember these?
There are more... ;$
Exodus 22:18
“You shall not permit a sorceress to live.
Revelation 21:8
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
Leviticus 20:27
“A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them.”
1 Samuel 28:7
Then Saul said to his servants,“Seek out for me a woman who is a medium, that I may go to her and inquire of her.” And his servants said to him,“Behold, there is a medium at En-dor.”
2 Kings 21:6
And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.
Deuteronomy 18:9-12
“When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you.
1 Chronicles 10:13
So Saul died for his breach of faith. He broke faith with the Lord in that he did not keep the command of the Lord, and also consulted a medium, seeking guidance.
Micah 5:12
And I will cut off sorceries from your hand, and you shall have no more tellers of fortunes;
Leviticus 19:26
“You shall not eat any flesh with the blood in it. You shall not interpret omens or tell fortunes.
Exodus 8:18
The magicians tried by their secret arts to produce gnats, but they could not. So there were gnats on man and beast.
Acts 19:18-20
Also many of those who were now believers came, confessing and divulging their practices. And a number of those who had practiced magic arts brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. And they counted the value of them and found it came to fifty thousand pieces of silver. So the word of the Lord continued to increase and prevail mightily.
Luke 8:2
And also some women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities: Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out,
Deuteronomy 18:10
There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer
Revelation 22:15
Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
Want to try the truth for a change?
Ya, Emo. The truth would be nice.

Which one if those tells ME, a Christian, to kill a witch??

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576540 Aug 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my friends whom I admire raises goats.
I was a mechanic for 20 years.
What is your point :>?
Oh just that Catcher is a POS hater.

That's all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessari... 879,844
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 13 min Raje 576
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 29 min Rosa_Winkel 8,247
My husband is a peeping tom in a horrible way (Aug '09) 37 min madan 23
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr too lazy to log in 3,904
girls how many gangbangs have you had (Feb '15) 1 hr Cholan87 17
Ever give your boss head? 1 hr diamond aardvark 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr KayMarie 603,311
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 6 hr Moeflow5555 49
More from around the web