Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#576132 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen that. I think you posted it a few times a whole ago. I don't find it interesting, I find it condescending.
I find it to be an appropriate and *to the point* depiction of your deity concept.

I'm sure Christians will disagree.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#576133 Aug 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep a list of this available. I have a more comprehensive and detailed list...*somewhere*, but I've obviously saved it somewhere other than my .txt file folder. It's floating around on topix somewhere.
Anyway...
The stories and videos below are graphic.
"African Children Denounced As "Witches" By Christian Pastors"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/18/afri...
"Deadly hunt for 'witches' haunts Kenya villagers"
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/06/12/ke...
"Witchcraft burning in kisii"
http://www.youtube.com/watch... #!
"Minister blames loss on witchcraft"
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"Horror of Kenya's 'witch' lynchings"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8119201.stm
"The Christians are Burning Witches (Again)"
http://jasonstotts.com/2009/10/the-christians...
[CNN] Kenya: "Witch Hunts" follow in wake of ethnic violence
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"The Religious in Africa burning suspected witches"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =U5qYhmf-boEXX
"Christian missionaries behind Soumya's murder"
http://www.haindavakeralam.com/HKPage.aspx...
"More African Churches are dealing with the troubling problem of Christian pastors torturing and executing “witch children” in the name of their faith."
http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/10/african-past...
Those are Christians. Modern Christians. They use the same bible you do, and find that it does support the killing of "witches", and many others, for various reasons.
If you look at some of those videos, you'll notice they throw rocks from time to time, too.
Nothing like a good old fashioned Christian stoning.
The "They aren't Real Christians(TM)" excuse in 3... 2... 1...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#576134 Aug 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't understand God's Love.
When a atheist wishes harm on a Christian it is Satan committing the most heinous atrocity in the Universe.
When A Christian prays that an unbeliever die and be eternally tortured it is God's Loving Will.
Get it right or you will be prayed to death and eternally tortured!
<smile>
"OH"

hahaa...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#576135 Aug 21, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..........
Of all the drugs I've ever done Valium was the most addicting. I thank the heavens my supply ran out early and I never found another..........
]

I only had three left. Prescription from '09.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#576136 Aug 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>to Zeus?[pray] to Zeus:
Father Zeus, holder of lightning, master of storms,
ruler of fair Olympos and all who there dwell.
All is within your power, all bow to your will,
great Zeus who hears all oaths, who sees justice done,
who watches over all with benevolent gaze,
whose blessings are great; awesome Zeus, I honor you.
Guardian of our homes, protector of our children,
kind Zeus, I pray to you. Guide me to be just,
to act with honor, to keep my promises,
to welcome guests freely, to do what is right.
Watch over our home and bring to it abundance,
O Zeus; watch over our children, shield them from harm.
[[[
ROFLMBO. At least you can admit you have a RELIGION Dr[do little] AKA Secular Humanist. You keep praying you hear fella...lol.
trifecta
not IANS suppose to pray to Zeus only to LENIN,STALIN AND DZIERRZYNSKYJ for communistic moral ethics called in America 'second humanism moral ethics"

Stalin establish this law before 1945 and after,at first murdered his own mother and family, and this codex goes on till today?
after Stalin was Pol Pot in Cambodia, secular humanist moralities brought on his own people slaughtered them like pigs in the slaughter house

IANS is horrible scumbag deceived by devil in the human skins,
IANS is sick and brain completly disabilty,

“"None shall pass"”

There

#576137 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
....They're obviously just a brutal and evil group of people that want to hurt others by whatever means they can.....
They are Chrisitans. Just like many around the world.

In the USA Christians don't burn witches now. They lynch and beat to death gays and abortion supporters. A few decades back they were murdering blacks and before that Jews and before that Catholics (a bit of a contradiction IMHO).

Religion is the root of all evil.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#576138 Aug 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are your words, not mine. I haven't given you my opinion about how I feel about that, just that I choose not to argue with him or even criticize him.
He said that he hoped a particular person died so that he could piss on their grave.

How does that make you feel?
I object to Christian homophobia and that makes me the bigot?

No. You object to everything that Christianity is, you're absolutely intolerant to Christians, to Christianity, and to the Christian church.

From my point of view, it appears that you hate us. Not any one or two particular people, it seems that you just hate all of us and everything that we stand for. That's why I call you a bigot.

If you're not a bigot, I am very willing to entertain the idea. But you have to demonstrate to me why you are not.
Sorry, but you've got it turned around. Christianity is bigoted against both gays and atheists
See, that right there is why I call you a bigot and why I think you're a bigot.

You've given a label to all Christians for the acts of some Christians. That's just as bigoted as some racist saying it because some blacks commit crimes, all blacks are criminals. Or that because some men go bald, all men go bald. Or that because some lawyers are crooks, all lawyers are crooks.

No matter which way you slice it, when you label all for the acts of some that makes you a bigot.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#576139 Aug 21, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
and I surmise you must be getting your info on god from the anal oracle you sit on...bwhahhahahahahhahah....wh at a dimwit...
share with us your sources mental giant that you are.
his anal oracle is seating,
but your colon hole seating on second gay d....and babling sexual erousals??? you are excited is'nt to be f......in your colon(a..)
he heeeeeeeeeeee

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576140 Aug 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Already have.
Bye!
Really?

Two posts prior to this, you posted 'praying an atheist to death'.

I'm not convinced.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#576141 Aug 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
mmmmmmmm (( Hug ))
.. isn't western civilization superior because of colonization; the rape and pillage of foreign lands and people ??..
.. in the Congo alone, Belgium stole land resources, enslaved the people and murdered 50% of the population. Yes, they were Christian but there's always a flip side to every coin. Secularists such as Jefferson enslaved blacks and robbed the natives of their land ..
.. how did Belgium Christians help the Congolese? How did secularists help the Native Americans ??..
.. is there any perfect philosophical or religious system? Doesn't it always come down to how we treat each other ??..
(( Hug ))
Human beings are animals. We try to rise above that. We fail in that glorious task far too often.
It just seems to me that secularist helped us rise while religion drags us down.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#576142 Aug 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about the misdirection. It was an experiment for you.
I honestly don't think Red Apples is worth your hatred. You should only hate people who can challenge you on an equal but opposing level, perhaps whose challenge poses real threat. Red Apples isn't in your league. Having feelings other than "pity" and "irritation" for him, well, what's the point?
I try. I fail. It is like trying to have compassion for a rabid dog trying to tear your throat out.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#576143 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
... the Bible does NOT tell Christians to burn witches.
"You shall not allow a witch to live"

Seems pretty clear to those of us not deluded by religion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576144 Aug 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, you're right. It's more complicated that I made up. Sorry.
"Today, more than 80 percent of the Kisii are Christians, with a few still practicing their traditional religion. Gusii believed in a supreme god called Engoro, whom they believed created the universe and was the source of all life. Death was considered an "unnatural" event brought on by witchcraft. Kisiis believed in medicine men and the spirits of their ancestors. Today, witchcraft is still feared in Kisii communities."
http://www.kenya-information-guide.com/kisii-...
There are lots of schools in this town. I can't get a more exact location, or the specific people who did it - the news is too vague.
The killings were probably motivated by some sort of hatred and politics, plus a history of witchcraft fear and use of blame for social reasons, plus Christianity.
"The town's residents are predominantly Christians and Protestants. The majority of residents identify with the Seventh Day Adventist (SDA) Church. Other residents identify with Pentecostal Assemblies of God Church and evangelical inter-denominational congregations such as Redeemed or Full Gospel Church of Kenya. Recently built is a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, suitable for the local congregation to meet as well as hosting larger annual meetings. Also, the town has a Mosque for Muslim faithfuls and a small Temple for Hindu faithfuls who collectively constitute the minority of the municipality's population. There are local and international based non-governmental (NGO) and philanthropic organizations based in the municipality. These aid organizations mainly target the needy bright or economically poor students who seek funds to further their studies in schools and tertiary institutions and also addressing pressing societal impact issues."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kisii,_Kenya#Edu...
Hey thanks, you saved me the search.

You cannot claim that they're 'only education is the bible'.

Academic institutions in the municipality and outlying areas include Kisii High School, Kereri Girls' High School, Our Lady of Lourdes Girls' High School, Nyabururu, Cardinal Otunga High School Mosocho, St. Mary's Mosocho, Itierio High School,Nyanchwa High School, Kioge Girls' High School among many other notable schools in the municipality. Notable private schools such as Sakagwa School,Rehema Schools,Set Green Hill,AIC, Gusii Highlights Academy, Imperial Primary School are located in this city. Municipal schools such as the vintage Kisii Primary School, Jogoo Primary School,Nyanchwa Primary, Getembe Primary are based in the town. Due the large population and ever-increasing demand for education, most public universities and colleges have set up new Kisii based campuses and branches in the town. Most notable institutions that have set up in the town include the Presbyterian University of East Africa, Egerton University, University of Nairobi,Jomo kenyatta university,Kenya Methodist,African Nazarene,Mount Kenya,Bondo university and Narok University college.There are also severall middle level colleges and polytechniques namely;Gusii institute,Kenya institute of Management,Kisii College of Accountancy,St.Annes college,Kisii DICECE(Government college training early childhood teachers) and many more

“"None shall pass"”

There

#576145 Aug 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
They're OTC in Thailand.
:)
A friend of mine got hooked on them during shore leave there. Long story but he ended up with a dishonorable discharge as a result.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#576146 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
What did He do to ants?
Typo. Try for a little flexibility, would you?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#576147 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems because y'alls is stuck in medeival times and refuse to see all the good Christians have done for the world....
Like in the New Testament where Jesus teaches his disciples to harness energy and when Paul explained how to make an internal combustion engine and the John of Patmos revealing the plans for an airplane.

ROFLMAO

They couldn't even give us the three field rotation system for argriculture... and they lived in an AG society!

That would have saved billions from starving to death in the following 1000 years.

The Borderland of Sol

#576148 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you're gonna be a grandpappy!
I also hear that congraduations are in order....
CONGRADUATIONS!
:p
Hehehe.

Both are in order, yes. Thank you.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#576149 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you're ignorant of Christianity and all that it entails. It seem sy'all only read the OT and focus only on "negative" aspects of the OT.
Like being ignorant of Nazism and focusing on the Holocaust instead of the Autobahn.

Got it!

The Borderland of Sol

#576150 Aug 21, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations M
I'm moderately baffled. Luckily, I'm awfully good with kids.

Hehehe.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#576151 Aug 21, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I did know that.
However I posted Amina's story because I believe a lot of Shariah Law is based on the Mosaic Law. Muslims consider Moses a prophet.
You are correct. And Christian laws have been based up on the same thing for the last 1700 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 2 min Lonestar 126
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 88,119
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 9 min Al Capone 3,388
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min New Age Spiritual... 665,309
News Medicare looms over Trump-Ryan alliance 39 min Taco-smacko 2
The Future of Politics in America 42 min Buck Crick 222
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min New Age Spiritual... 977,292
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 59 min Buck Crick 551
More from around the web