Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#576004 Aug 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew a bit concerned as know what some type of prescription drugs can do to a person. Like alter the thinking, walking ect.
Some drugs labeled will read do not operate machiner or drive and some of them have some crazy side effects too. So maybe you can understand my expressed concerns here in the threads last night.
I would rather it be a joke on me then to learn he was in trouble for streaking. Now you know the pictures that floated thru my mind.
Hiya, Whispers!

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#576005 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not want what you think I want.
I would desecrate nobody's grave.
I want nobody tortured.
I don't think you're a scumbag.
I forgive you for your cruel words.
I can move on.
Can you?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#576006 Aug 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:

The people who killed witches in the name of your god apparently thought that it applied to them.
Yes, they were ignorant.

Just as ignorant, it seems, as some of the people posting here this very day. Where's all the "progress"?
Why did your bible command people to kill witches in the past? Is that OK with you?
Because people beleived that witchcraft was a real thing and it scared them, just as it scared the Pagan Romans, where witchcraft carried the death penalty.

It was part of God's covenant with the nation of Israel. There were specific laws given by God to Israel as part of His covenant with them. This covenant began with Abraham, but these laws date from the time of Moses.

Ezekiel speaks of a new covenant that was to come (and has come now in Jesus). So, the old covenant with Israel was in effect from around 1500 B.C. to about 30 A.D.

So, this never applied to Gentiles or any Gentile nation, and it hasn't been in effect for the past 2,000 years anyway.

So, no, we don't have to worry about keeping a covenant that was with the nation of Israel and hasn't been in effect for 2,000 years.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576008 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
What makes me a bigot? My reaction to the Christian church? It defines atheists in hateful terms. It has scapegoated unbelievers for centuries. It stoned, burned, stretched and impaled us when it could, and settled for demonizing and dehumanizing us thereafter such that our lives have been made more difficult and more dangerous even in modern times.
And like a good little disciple of your bigoted church, you judge me the same way vehemently and contemptuously returning fire. So who's the bigot?
It's you.
MY Christianity does not burn witches, nor does it "stone, burn, stretch or impale" you when we can.

My Christianity cares for you and cares about you.

You're pissed off at me for something I haven't done and nobody I know condones. You're like a racist black man that hates white people because of slavery. It makes no good sense to hate someone for something they haven't done.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576009 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
More dodgeball, bigot?
Yeah, your god. You said that you hadn't claimed that your god was perfect. Do you claim that it is now, or do you consider it flawed? You played a dishonest word game, followed it up in an evasion when called on it, and now you are being called on it again.
I have never written, here on Topix, that "God is perfect".

THAT was the conversation.

That doesn't mean I don't think that, that only means I haven't written it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576010 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Wrong, Mangler Jr.
You asked, "Will any of you Humanists not argue this?"
What I said was, "Why would I argue with him about how he feels?"
I'm pretty sure he knows how he feels better than I do.
Perhaps you meant to ask why nobody chastised him. That's very different from arguing with him, Og.
OK, I worded it wrong. So what, I was close enough.

So let me see if I got you right...

BenAdam can put forth his feelings of hoping someone dies so he can piss on their grave and your OK with that.

But some theist can say they don't like gays and you're not ok with that.

It's your bigotry talking, IANS.

You're sad.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576011 Aug 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's time you go kiss RA's toes again.
Naw, I'm not into the feet thing.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576012 Aug 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Isn't that almost invariably the response?
That response being similar to:
"They did that then, not now. Christians and Christianity don't do those things now."
I've heard similar responses given concerning slavery, genocide, wars, misogyny, racism and prejudice, the murder of nonbelievers, torture, and various other atrocities and injustices, too numerous to completely detail here.
It's true. The English used to invade nations all over the world, they'd kill and rape and murder and conquer. Do we condem the English today for what their ancestors did? Do you condemn them?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576013 Aug 21, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZD-i1offKxkXX
I get chills when I watch that.

luv u

Thanks!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#576014 Aug 21, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hiya, Whispers!
Hi ya Mac;

Here is my tid bit of news. Leaves turning yellow and orange on the trees and falling already out here in no man land. Tempt are dropping at night too. Going to be early winter. Even critters growing heavy coats. Hope you still playing that good music as will always remember you for that well have a grand day. Glad you dropped in here for a shout.
followerofSatan

Dallas, TX

#576015 Aug 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
RiversideHick wrote:
The Bible does not command people to kill witches. What you're reading is a story about other people in ancient times and what THEY did, THEIR rituals. Some people are stupid and/or gullible enough to think those passages are referring them them in the here and now. Don't be one if them, Tide.
<quoted text>
Isn't that almost invariably the response?
That response being similar to:
"They did that then, not now. Christians and Christianity don't do those things now."
I've heard similar responses given concerning slavery, genocide, wars, misogyny, racism and prejudice, the murder of nonbelievers, torture, and various other atrocities and injustices, too numerous to completely detail here.
they don't do it now because it is against the law einstein.... if they could, they would kill anyone they considered had a different view ....wise up...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#576016 Aug 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Actually it's Islamic and derived from ancient Islamic laws.
Christian and Muslim are virtually the same thing distinguished only by the fact that secularism has prevailed over theocracy in the West and greatly disempowered the Christian church, which isn't a distinction in the religions at all as much as a difference in the milieu in which they function.

But look at how much alike they are:

[1] Both embrace magic, mythology, superstition, dogma, and ritual.

[2] Both grovel before an imagined angry, capricious, petty, sadistic, murderous, judgmental, Semitic desert god complete with its pantheon of demons and angels.

[3] Both believe in an afterlife and a reward or a punishment.

[4] Both attend either Mosques or churches and obey the imams or priests there.

[5] Both have an ancient holy book filled with hatred, tribalism, violence, and failed morals upon which they base their lives.

[6] Both hate gays, atheists, Jews and women's rights.

Christians like Serah will brag about how superior Christian nations are to Muslim nations, but that is thanks to secular humanism, not the chruch. The way I see it, Christians are just a camel and a prayer cloth removed from being Muslims themselves, and without secularist supervision, would be expected to behave about the same.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#576017 Aug 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to be, to be a friend and understanding as a fellow human being...let alone to show love in that respect....and you have all my best interest in your endeavor-believe me-you do. If I could take your suffering on my own person, I would...just so you wouldn't have to have the pain brother. If there is a GOD, then by god let it happen. I doubt we'll be that fortunate, but it's worth the try Bro.
Thanks BT.
I would never ask anyone to carry my burden. Sit with me, yes.
Like Job and his friends.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#576018 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't consider that a death wish. That sounds like a friendly gesture.
I can't make the same offer in return, but I can offer the same sentiment: to toast your life.
Have a glass for me then, I can't have alcohol. Cheers!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576019 Aug 21, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
they don't do it now because it is against the law einstein.... if they could, they would kill anyone they considered had a different view ....wise up...
OK, I'll get wise.

Just as soon as you introduce me to some wannabe witch-killing Christians.

Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#576020 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Christian and Muslim are virtually the same thing distinguished only by the fact that secularism has prevailed over theocracy in the West and greatly disempowered the Christian church, which isn't a distinction in the religions at all as much as a difference in the milieu in which they function.
But look at how much alike they are:
[1] Both embrace magic, mythology, superstition, dogma, and ritual.
[2] Both grovel before an imagined angry, capricious, petty, sadistic, murderous, judgmental, Semitic desert god complete with its pantheon of demons and angels.
[3] Both believe in an afterlife and a reward or a punishment.
[4] Both attend either Mosques or churches and obey the imams or priests there.
[5] Both have an ancient holy book filled with hatred, tribalism, violence, and failed morals upon which they base their lives.
[6] Both hate gays, atheists, Jews and women's rights.
Christians like Serah will brag about how superior Christian nations are to Muslim nations, but that is thanks to secular humanism, not the chruch. The way I see it, Christians are just a camel and a prayer cloth removed from being Muslims themselves, and without secularist supervision, would be expected to behave about the same.
1. Christians don't believe in magic, that's an Wiccan and atheist thing.

2. I believe in nothing imaginary.

3. But they are very, VERY different beliefs.

4. I've never obeyed a priest, that's a Catholic thing, dude.

5. My Bible isn't "full" of hatred, that's your narrow opinion.

6. I hate no one, I especially hate no groups of people.

7. You're delusional.

8. I'm awesome.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#576021 Aug 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange how wishing a single Christian was dead is the "Work of Satan" but murdering thousands of innocent Muslims is a wonderful "Proof of God's Love".
NO - actually it's proof that you're of the same spirit/family as the islamic terrorists and all pagan/antichrist religions!

thanks again, BenCain/Ishmael/Esau/Judas!:)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#576022 Aug 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi ya Mac;
Here is my tid bit of news. Leaves turning yellow and orange on the trees and falling already out here in no man land. Tempt are dropping at night too. Going to be early winter. Even critters growing heavy coats. Hope you still playing that good music as will always remember you for that well have a grand day. Glad you dropped in here for a shout.
I'm gonna be a grandpa...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#576023 Aug 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Masmud's marriage to the teen was granted in Syariah Court - a religious court system that has jurisdiction over matters pertaining to Islamic law.
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/... #
And what would it be like in America if there were Christian laws and a Christian court with jurisdiction over matters of Christian law? Imagine that nightmare.

We can all thank Zeus for secular humanists and pray that they never lose control of government back to the church that claims that the founders never intended for there to be a church-state wall of separation.

From "The Myth of the Separation of Church and State" at http://www.tgm.org/mythofseparation.html :

"The "wall" was understood as one-directional; its purpose was to protect the church from the state. The world was not to corrupt the church, yet the church was free to teach the people Biblical values ... The people did not want freedom FROM religion, but freedom OF religion ... To say Biblical principles should not be allowed in government and school is to either be ignorant of the historic intent of the founding fathers, or blatantly bigoted against Christianity."

How un-American is that?

One can only imagine what they would do if the church ever breaches the gates of that wall more than it already has.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#576024 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do those circumstances entitle one to be hateful and not be hated back? Nasty sick people are just as despicable as nasty healthy ones.
Being a nasty sick person, I was despicable and nasty towards a few people recently. I hate one of those individuals for moral and personal reasons. It has nothing to do with religion.
Perhaps if I were a "Real Christian" and he was an atheist I could just call him Satan before saying those things and all the Christians would be applauding me. I understand the 'group think' mentality. I am not going to go down 'that road'.

What I wrote has no excuse, no justification and needs none.
It was the way I felt. Strange that being honest and open made me a "liar".
The only lie I told here was denying that Lambchop was me.
WoW! I had to use a different login and get attacked for it by Red Apples who used to be John Coffey until that ID got permanently banned by Topix. Wonder why my hatred of him just grows ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Aura Mytha 63,141
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min another viewer 973,519
Who's the best fighter: Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee,... (Jan '08) 1 hr Daniel 563
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,960
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr gundee123 792
Straight/Gay Question 1 hr Help 8
The REAL reason the world trade center was dest... (Apr '15) 1 hr Johnny 42
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Regina 653,553
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 7 hr Katie_Anderson14 41
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 hr RiccardoFire 106,459
More from around the web