Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#575935 Aug 20, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Well I dont look forward to the day when humanists are 90% of the population instead of christians if politeness and courtesy are not part of the moral system. We'll be longing for the good ole days in my estimation.
I expect humanists to be more polite than Christians. I doubt we'll call you the things your bible calls us, which I just cataloged in my last post, or speak about youlike these fine Christians:

[1]“No, I don’t know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots.”– George H. W. Bush

[2] "I really believe that the Pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way - all of them who have tried to secularize America - I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped [911] happen.' " - Jerry Falwell

[3]“Settle it therefore in your minds, as a maxim never to be effaced or forgotten, that atheism is an inhuman, bloody, ferocious system, equally hostile to every useful restraint and to every virtuous affection ... its first object is to dethrone God, its next to destroy man.”- Rev. Robert Hall

Is that the kind of politeness you're talking about?

Incidentally, I don't say that I don't esteem politeness, merely that politeness is not a cardinal moral virtue like courage and compassion. I don't mind somebody calling it a mildly moral behavior, but it shouldn't be confused with being a good person, and nobody should be considered good just for being polite.

Have a blessed day, brother, will you?((((hugs))))

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#575936 Aug 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Captain I already know what Ben is facing with theses treatments and no I will not be in a group of ingrates either. However Ben will come back a very changed individual.
That remains ta be seen sis. We'll deal with it then.

Location hidden

#575937 Aug 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
OK. I have been putting this off for too long.
Time to take one if the three vallium tablets I have.
Maybe I will have visions of Jesus as I wander the neighborhood in my PJs. LOL
My road doesn't go to Damascus, it does lead to Bethlehem though. Close enough.
I'll let you all know what he says.
Whatever ya do, stay away from the damned alter will ya!

Location hidden

#575938 Aug 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. It is just like Christianity.
Not at all really.It is (has) already been "calculated" and estimated as a possible (likely) actuality in the process of evolution of time and it's processes.
Quite unlike the prophesy of christianity, which is unfulfilled.

Fennario

#575939 Aug 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Still no reason to wish death on someone who has had multiple heart attacks and a heart working at a diminished capacity.........
Why do those circumstances entitle one to be hateful and not be hated back? Nasty sick people are just as despicable as nasty healthy ones.

Location hidden

#575940 Aug 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't. I can't watch it now because my interwebz tubez are all clogged up.
Fortune Cookie For You:
When you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders, let it roll off your back. Don't let things you can't control, control you.
Hey Tide.
Does that mean you never git pissed off?
Just curious...sounds like a good course if ya can follow it.
I ain't always so fortunate. Y'know?

Fennario

#575941 Aug 21, 2013
Just sounded to me like they were bullying you again and it seemed to have gotten to you. Admittedly i wasnt following along all that closely.
So you thought that the wise thing to do was to refer to the people that in your admitted ignorance you imagined were offending Whispers as fools, then have to apologize to Annie for it?

Location hidden

#575942 Aug 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Captain How do I contact topix to find Ben is it possible.
He needs some help some way some how. I gladly pay for any or all calls to get him some help.
Why don't you just PM him?

Location hidden

#575943 Aug 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I come back in for information but think is some kind of joke on me. Oh well,At least heart was thinking right.
Just why do you think, that some will be choosen and some will not.
Well, be glad to share due to the change of the Sabbath. Ya break one you break them all the commandments. Most of scripture had to do with the Sabbath it self tonight. And a lot will think it has to do with a church. But is not up to me to judge the Pharisees that is God job and I never interfere with his work.
It's no joke on you.
It is what it is sis.

Fennario

#575944 Aug 21, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
Yep, I'm sure what I read yesterday, a man wishing death on another and saying he would piss on his grave is inspired by the antiChrist spirit.
What do you think inspired Rider on the Storm to gloat back that karma is a bitch?
Clearwater wrote:
Right now in Egypt Christians are being beaten murdered and Christian churches burned.
Perhaps they shouldn't be there preaching what is perceived as blasphemy to people that will kill you for doing that. The results of doing such a thing shouldn't be too difficult to anticipate.

Fennario

#575945 Aug 21, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
I've been posting since 07 and yesterday's display of hate was the worse I've been witnes to.
Then you either haven't been paying attention, or you have a selection bias about what outrages you.

Here's a Christian telling Hiding that he's "glad that God will wipe you out in a more painful manner next time. Athetards got it easy with just water."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Here's a Christian telling a man mourning the death of his teenaged son, said that he and his son play guitar, that "You mean 'played guitar'. Ps: He will play the guitar NO more. if he were a wannabeeeeee atheist (there's NO such thing as an atheist - Agnostics=YES / atheist=NO) and you were convinced of this, then what's there to mourn!!!! "
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

Fennario

#575946 Aug 21, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
Excellent link

Fennario

#575947 Aug 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
[3] The earth is roughly spherical.

[4]... a sphere is not an oblate spheroid, and an oblate spheroid is not a sphere.
Qu_innocence wrote:
Ah... <<<...ahem>> >.... does anyone else in here, like Ians, believe the earth is not spherical???
Is that your defense of your bible and my criticism of it - misrepresenting my words to try to make it seem as if I am as ignorant of geology as your god?

Fennario

#575948 Aug 21, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Actually, my bible says that the Hebrew word for ball (pronounced "duwr") means "circle" also.
No it doesn't.

Besides, even if it did, that would be irrelevant. The scripture in question didn't use that word, did it? The word in the scripture is chuwg, which means circle, not ball.
Qu_innocence wrote:
http://biblesuite.com/hebrew/1 754.htm

Is that what you were referring to when you wrote that "my bible says that ..."? Do you think that you just linked us to your bible?

Look at what faith has done to you. You have prostituted your relationship with truth and honesty in its service.

Fennario

#575949 Aug 21, 2013
Neb Senu wrote:
They came to a fork in the road where the sign said "BEAR LEFT".
They both looked at each other, threw their hands up in the air and turned around and headed home.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images...

Fennario

#575950 Aug 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
can you prove it a lie.
What does a faith based thinker want proof for?

Fennario

#575951 Aug 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Like stoning disobedient children to death and making a woman marry her rapist ?
Serah wrote:
those days are still rampant in some countries, but not in the Christian countries.
If your church is not killing people, it is thanks to secular humanist values. Humanists separated church and state beginning in eighteenth century America. A century earlier, your church was burning women alive as witches.

Let me ask you this:

When in the history of mankind has your church ever had the power to murder heretics, yet chose not to exercise that option? When has the church ever said, yes, we can kill people, but we won't do that because it would be wrong?

Never, to my knowledge. It's only the rational, compassionate ethics of humanism that separates you from that. There is zero reason to believe that if witch burning was legalized again tonight that you wouldn't be able to hear their screams or smell their flesh burning again by morning.

Fennario

#575952 Aug 21, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
I think it was Hiding who alluded, "The universe may have always existed..." <--- Not verbatim but it was along those points. Now, if an educated one like Hiding could hardly scratch the surface and theorize on assumption that the universe may have always existed... then why would it be so difficult for one to believe that a creator has always existed?
Two reasons:

[1] We know the universe exists. We don't know that a creator exists. That makes anything about the former more likely than anything about the latter - the same reason why anything about you or me is more likely to be true than anything about a person like Jesus that might never have existed.

[2] A creator is the least likely thing that can be imagined to exit uncreated. A conscious thing is infinitely less likely to exist uncreated than something unconscious like an unconscious universe or multiverse, and an immortal, omniscient, omnipotent consciousness is infinitely less likely to exist uncreated than an ordinary consciousness.

You don't think or care about such things. If you did, you wouldn't be able to believe what you do for long. I wasn't able to.

Fennario

#575953 Aug 21, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
1. "Hot springs on the ocean floor are called hydrothermal vents. The most numerous and spectacular hydrothermal vents are found along world’s mid-ocean ridges."
http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/eoi/nemo/explorer/co...
2. "New Deep-Sea Hot Springs Discovered in Atlantic: Hydrothermal Vents May Contribute More to Oceans' Thermal Budget"
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/10/...
"In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month--on that day ALL THE SPRINGS OF THE GREAT DEEP burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened." Genesis 7:11

The "springs" in question aren't connected to any floodgates of heaven. They're open continuously, flood nothing, and couldn't flood anything.

And if they did, at over 400 degrees Celsius, they would boil us alive.

How could people that thought that the earth was flat and stationary know what was happening on the ocean floor? They couldn't and didn't.

Fennario

#575954 Aug 21, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
The Bible does not command people to kill witches. What you're reading is a story about other people in ancient times and what THEY did, THEIR rituals. Some people are stupid and/or gullible enough to think those passages are referring them them in the here and now. Don't be one if them, Tide.
The people who killed witches in the name of your god apparently thought that it applied to them.

Why did your bible command people to kill witches in the past? Is that OK with you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 21 min Jack in the Box 31,305
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min Phooey 687,355
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Aerobatty 987,377
Family sex (Jul '11) 3 hr Krieten BK 36
Little Jojo 6 hr KoKos Sassy 1
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 8 hr Frustrated 268
Most Criminals Are DEMOCRATS! 11 hr Jimmy D Cricket 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 hr Not Govt Controll... 286,595
More from around the web