Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#575744 Aug 20, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100%. They've got a real double stanard going.
Like you said, if Tri (or any other believer for that matter) had said the things g_o_d/Ben/Lam said they would have been all over them.
Funny how they didn't bat an eye about it while Topix saw how vile it was and removed it.
Go figure.
And of course they will never admit it. They'll act like the 3 monkeys. When it comes to one of them it's see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
That should be part of the huminist/secularism creed.
Make up your mind.

Are we huminists, or parisites?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#575745 Aug 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible says *perfect* is the state of your deity.
Perhaps you've never actually said those words because you know your deity isn't, or could not be perfect, based upon your intellect and reasoning abilities...
scaritual wrote:
Perhaps you've never actually said those words
OMG that only took you like two days and a dozen posts to say....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#575747 Aug 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it was a cartoon called "Science vs Religion - The Debate Continues" depicting a caveman throwing a rock at a rocket ship.
Nah.

Your blessed science gave us the smart bomb. He'd just lock on to the rocket ship with a laser (thank you science) to make sure he don't miss. Then the onboard camera (thank you science) would make sure we all get to see the destruction of that rocket.

Science makes awesome weapons, huh?
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#575748 Aug 20, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Have u seen the Chaser's interpretation of the Bible yet?
http://mobile.biblegateway.com/versions/

Here are a few hundred bibles!
Which one is correct?
I may convert! <eye tears>

;)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#575749 Aug 20, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100%. They've got a real double stanard going.
Like you said, if Tri (or any other believer for that matter) had said the things g_o_d/Ben/Lam said they would have been all over them.
Funny how they didn't bat an eye about it while Topix saw how vile it was and removed it.
Go figure.
And of course they will never admit it. They'll act like the 3 monkeys. When it comes to one of them it's see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
That should be part of the huminist/secularism creed.
I think it IS part of it. They've even lowered themselves down to defending him. IANS said why should he stop someone's opinion.

HA HA HA !!!

I ain't never heard crazier shit.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#575750 Aug 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Make up your mind.
I think it's dilusional parisites.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#575751 Aug 20, 2013
Bongo wrote:
The "church" certainly has its problems however it plays its role and probably does more good than bad.
The evidence suggests otherwise.
Bongo wrote:
Given the time resources and drive it may be incumbent upon you to be an apostle of sorts and start growing a humanism type, possibly tax exempt org.. To have a place to meet fellowhip and teach.
I'm satisfied using this thread for social and educational purposes. And we don't need tax exempt status since we don't collect or spend money.

I think what most of us want is for the church to wane in influence, and that seems to be on autopilot. I'm satisfied with the status quo.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#575752 Aug 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons." I Timothy 4:1
That's among the poorest quality of prophecy: predicting the commonplace, trivial and inevitable.
Self-fulfilling or not, Ians, it is nonetheless true to the point. Looking at history, the numbers increased dramatically after Jesus' resurrection to the point of billion upon billions of Christians in the world. The fact that the numbers are showing some slump and decline in some parts are simply a sign of these later or end times.

What is interesting to note, is even radicalized, militant unbelievers are proclaiming this prophecy unknowingly.... as they happily boast about the steady decline in Christian numbers. It's not a prophecy that many Christians are happy about... it is just a fact of the prophecy because men loved darkness more than light, to put it in biblical terms.(BTW, the spiritual darkness is not always evil in a temporal understanding.... and light is not always good... like satan's messengers are angels of light.)

Like Jesus said, "For many are invited, but few are chosen." Matthew 22:14

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#575753 Aug 20, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
OMG that only took you like two days and a dozen posts to say....
I can't know what you've said.

The point is, the basis of your belief, as outlined in the bible, claims your deity is perfect.

You may fell like that by standing on the premise of "I've never said my deity is perfect", means something.

I'm sure it does, in some way.

That's the thing about the bible and the beliefs associated with the bible.

Christians choose, add additional components not found in the bible, and discard sections of the bible as they see fit.

This is why you often see Christianity called a "salad bar" religion.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#575754 Aug 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither, Grizzly or Kodiak just small black and brown bears.
Rawr , never go into danger unprepared.

I'm a a Eagle Scout , and our motto is wHAT?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#575755 Aug 20, 2013
Then the Lord said, to Job Do still want to argue with the almighty. You are God's critic, but do you have the answers??

Then Job replied to the Lord. I am nothing-how could I ever find the answers? I will put my hand over my mouth in silence I have said too much already , I have nothing more to say.

Yep this is in scripture Job 40:1-5

“Rising”

Milky Way

#575756 Aug 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I think it was Hiding who alluded, "The universe may have always existed..." <--- Not verbatim but it was along those points. Now, if an educated one like Hiding could hardly scratch the surface and theorize on assumption that the universe may have always existed... then why would it be so difficult for one to believe that a creator has always existed?
This one, such as it is did not...BUT and there is always a but, there the reasoning is sound that some universe , preexisted this one in present form. Time existed before
"this time", And all we thought we know, or think we know.
Was learned over and over again. The ultimate clock is one before "our" clock as we know it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#575757 Aug 20, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it IS part of it. They've even lowered themselves down to defending him. IANS said why should he stop someone's opinion.
HA HA HA !!!
I ain't never heard crazier shit.
I have. Something about adults committing crimes because 7 year old children aren't praying in school. I can't remember where I heard that. Do you know?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#575758 Aug 20, 2013
If you want to see some impressive, high quality prophecy - i.e., not trivial or obvious, not vague, not self-fulfilling, etc.- read about the search for the Higgs boson. The physicists said, "Build you devices thusly, and adjust them devices to this very specific high energy, and if we're right about reality, you'll find Higgs with precisely the following mass,charge, and spin." And lo and behold, it was there. The scientists outperformed your god and its best prophets.
I think that the Collider is an impressive undertaking. The Higgs Boson theory wasn't a true prophecy, it is what YOU would call a self-fulfilling one. To sum up some of the complexities of Dr. Higgs computations ---> all he did was observe the laws of nature which are universal to the universe. Higgs figured out a piece of the pattern of that universal law and took it to the next step. The confirmation that they found the higgs-boson particle was simply figuring out the what was the next jig-saw piece in the pattern. With that piece found we have a better picture of the design itself.

Now, can the higgs-boson tell us who designed the laws of nature or where the laws of nature came from exacly? Yes or no?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#575759 Aug 20, 2013
Back by popular demand ... it's your personal guiding light, T-Town Clown! Here to help the totally pathetic lost souls of the world like Aura' to be able to...
Walk and chew gum at the same time
Think their way out of a wet paper bag
Not to show his stupidity all in one post
Not to pee in your pants while in a bathroom
Not to try and drown a fish
Not to have a brainstorm when your brain is only equipped for a drizzle.
Not to open a Milky Way candy bar looking for planet Earth.
Not to have to look in a mirror to see if your eyes are open.
Not have to ask anyone if you're dead, or alive ... when everyone knows you're dead!
Not to waste your money on a solar powered flashlight.
Not to let you take a rocket ship ride to the Sun at night because you think it wouldn't be as hot as a daylight flight.

...yes, Bro. Clownie is here to steer you drifty, brainless twits from self-destruction in the super-massive black hole of Dumb @ss.

Aura, you can stand and applaud! Yes, stand means to get up off your dead @ss!

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Terra Australis

#575760 Aug 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Make up your mind.
Hommes et femmes.

“Rising”

Milky Way

#575761 Aug 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I think it was Hiding who alluded, "The universe may have always existed..." <--- Not verbatim but it was along those points. Now, if an educated one like Hiding could hardly scratch the surface and theorize on assumption that the universe may have always existed... then why would it be so difficult for one to believe that a creator has always existed?
Difficult to find one such mythical unicorn, but easy to imagine the unicorn. Better to see reality with the eyes, than your imagination.

Prepare for the onslaught of humans who occupy this Earth,
Gods and wishful thinking fall to the power of his devices.

And if there be a god that stand in the way of the warrior, It will be cut asunder and the destroyer will rule!

Be it your gods fault? I will surmise god created men to slay him. For what reason I do not know or care.
But I know the meaning of Empire on Earth.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#575762 Aug 20, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:

.. read my post again; you were not slandered. You want the demise of the humanist agenda; for posters like myself, AIN, HFY, Scar, Tide and RT to go away; to discontinue our critique of religion ..
naw, actually I want you all to stay. Yours and their beliefs are so comically inferior, childishly infantile, and comically stupid and idiotic---writing to you phony atheists, about you phony atheists, and about what you phony atheists believe I'm like the NFL and you secular humanists are like pop warner football.

It's no contest, you all [aint] nothing but punching bags but no Pity from me. Carry on. uh huh.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#575763 Aug 20, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>'Round and 'round it goes... where it stops nobody knows... lol
<quoted text>Good evening there Ben. Great news to hear... I hope it's successful and that it will help others also in like condition. Experimental treatment, right?
I couldn't get in on it while experimental.It is now an approved treatment.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Terra Australis

#575764 Aug 20, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's dilusional parisites.
Pickles? I'd rather be sage than dill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 min dollarsbill 6,436
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Tide with Beach 864,339
"Children of DISOBIENCE": U R of your FATHER...... 33 min Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 36 min Great Day of Arma... 40,865
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Neelakaran 7,492
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liam 599,552
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 1,974
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 hr Pegasus 272,404
More from around the web