Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#575537 Aug 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your god flawed?
Humm yet God made you with perfection.

Yet you choose to exam What you label as God's flaws.

Very interesting.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#575538 Aug 20, 2013
<quoted text>
How could we all be a disgusting joke? There is only one thing we all have in common: we are unbelievers.
I would assume there to be a larger ex/pat community. Atheists who disdan being encultured in America should follow your lead. Perhaps they lack a charismatic leader, like a rev jesse Jackson of atheism or humanism .

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#575539 Aug 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Well do you feel like a victim???
No. That's Clearwater's and Serah's shtick.
lil whispers wrote:
Do you think you are infected??
No. But you said I was controlled by Satan. He used the word antichrist.

Location hidden

#575540 Aug 20, 2013
<quoted text>
No. That's Clearwater's and Serah's shtick.
<quoted text>
No. But you said I was controlled by Satan. He used the word antichrist.
Now tell me who or what is satan???

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#575541 Aug 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
HIs disciples came and asked Him, Why do you always tell stories when you talk to people.
Then he explained to them, You have been permitted to understand secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven, but others have not. To those who are open to my teachings, more understanding will be given and they will have an abundance of knowledge. But to whose who are not listening even what they have will be taken away from them. That is why I tell stories because people see what I do but they don't really see. They hear what I say but they don't really hear and they don't understand.
This fulfill the prophecy of Isaiah which says
You will hear my words but you will not understand, you will see what I do but you will not perceive it meaning. For the hearts of these people are hardened and their ears cannot hear, and they have closed their eyes so their eyes cannot see, and their ears cannot hear, and their hearts cannot understand and let me heal them.
But blessed are your eyes because they see and your ears because they hear. I assure you many prophets and godly people have longed to see and hear what you seen and heard but they could not.
Now read all of chapter 13 in Isaiah of the Bible for there is a parable to be learned. God's messages produce a huge harvest.
Everyone who reads this thinks they are one of the elite and privy to the secret teachings.
No one ever thinks they are one of the ignorant masses that is given simple stories for ignorant.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#575542 Aug 20, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya AIN !!(( how's that?))..
.. while I agree that politeness can be a manipulative tool, it can also be a courtesy ..
.. it is my contention that if the outside reflects the inside, yes, politeness is a moral value; part of cooperation and consideration ..
.. politeness and religion are tricky. On one hand, Christians are told to 'do unto others' then, in the next breath, encouraged to condemn certain social practices like atheism, witchcraft, homosexuality or lying. That's a mixed message that would confuse anyone hence the need for clerics to interpret and clarify a book (the bible) that, left to their own devices, nobody could understand ..
.. because we are passing through a critical phase of civilization, societal moral standards cannot be left in the hands of powerful religious leaders with diverse dogma who claim their way is the only way. The only alternative ..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pWfK4OrTg4cXX
(( Hugs ))
Sounds a bit too PC for my tastes.
I don't believe hitting an errant wolverine with a rolled up newspaper is effective nor wise.

"Courtesy is holding the door for a lady in heels and slamming it in the face of knife wielding mad woman." - ME 10:45

Pardon the use of a feminine example.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#575543 Aug 20, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. The devil is just upset he has no power over Jesus Christ. It's been on full display here tonight.
Are you sure about that? Have you read some of the posts that have been written by some that call themselves Christian?

How about when a professed Christian discusses a woman's breasts...another asks for a picture of a woman's vagina...talk about "poles"..."stro kes"...anal cavities...smeared feces...fellatio activities...etc...etc. Is that Jesus Christ being in control?

I understand the frustration...it is felt on both sides.

The Bible speaks of your faith being tested...how do you think that is working thus far?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#575544 Aug 20, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
I count it as good that many (most?) that now infest this forum hate us.
You count that as good? Why do I have such disrespect for your Christian values?
Chris Clearwater wrote:
today was over the top.
Really? Wishing someone dead and wanting to pee and crap on him is over the top, but calling us under the influence of universal evil and being happy for the end of the world is not? Why do I have such disrespect for your Christian values?
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Kind of done with Florida bro.
You're done with the world and have been for years. Why do I have such disrespect for your Christian values?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#575545 Aug 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you afraid of what you label atheism, witchcraft, homosexuality or even lying??? Why can you not depend and trust yourself to do your own interperations of the Bible??? Why do you feel the need of a religious leader???
.. do you know what a 'rhetorical question' is? Its not made to gather information but to make an accusation or express an opinion ..

.. if I ask you, "Lil Whispers, why are you so dense," I'm making a declarative statement, not asking a question. Such a inquiry does not deserve nor does it require a response ..

(( Hugs ))

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#575546 Aug 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you afraid of what you label atheism, witchcraft, homosexuality or even lying???
I read her post 3 times...I could not find any implication in her writing that she fears any of those things LW.

If there is any fear IMO it would have to be the retaliation of others for being an atheist...witch...or a homosexual. Others being "man" that decides to inflict his own form of punishment on those that he differs with.
Why can you not depend and trust yourself to do your own interperations of the Bible??? Why do you feel the need of a religious leader???
I am going from memory here...

I believe that in the Bible there is a passage about those that have received the gift of that Bible...they were the chosen teachers of God's word. Growing up I often heard the phrase..."called to preach". That phrase meaning that they were selected by God to minister his word to others.

The Bible is called the "Word of God"...there can only be one correct interpretation of those words. If there are multiple interpretations then what does that say about the one "true" Word of God?

You have said often that you don't follow man...yet God gives the gift of teaching to some individuals...do you not trust God's choices? Or is it that you feel as if that is your gift...inside knowledge on what God's word means?

When you interpret the Bible...all on your own...in a sense your are creating God in the image that you want him to be...you are creating your own version of Christianity.

Keep in mind...I don't really care how you interpret passages in the Bible...but you seem to have a problem with people that chooses to seek answers from those that maybe have been called by God to teach.

Location hidden

#575548 Aug 20, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone who reads this thinks they are one of the elite and privy to the secret teachings.
No one ever thinks they are one of the ignorant masses that is given simple stories for ignorant.
Well, Ben I shall expose myself to a bit of hatred so to speak.
But excuse the hell out of me I never thought of myself as elite nor privy to any secrect teachings. I think of the Bible as parables spoken for learning and living and loving. It often been said one chooses the path they want to walk in life, some will say the Bible contradite itself but I think too that scriptures give a choice as to what path one wants to follow therefore is where the contradition lays. Even scripture gives humans a choice I am no different. I am a human with desires, wants and needs. I am also a public admitted sinner. Do I believe in a high power you bet but is my choice,do I believe prayer works you bet way too many times prayers been answered. I also happen to think a lot of our genelogy lays inside the Bible. Along with the walk thru history. The Bible itself taken a walk thru hell
withburnings,destruction,heart break,ect ect but to this day remains in print with thousands still reading and searching. Now this belief belongs only to me and me only.Tis no reason for me to argue or debate what I have already seen and done with my walk with my God.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#575549 Aug 20, 2013
<quoted text>
How could we all be a disgusting joke? There is only one thing we all have in common: we are unbelievers.
As unbelievers you (now we) are automatically a liar, a thief and deserving of death. The Bible says so. No trial, no evidence. Just the disbelief itself justifies their hatred, scorn and in some cases killing of the unbeliever. The exact extent depends on the particular blood cult's rules.

"Death to the unbelievers! God wills it!" has been uttered by hundreds of millions of "Godly men" over the last 1700 years right up to the present day. Only secular laws and governments have prevented them from committing atrocities in most countries.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#575550 Aug 20, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Skombolis wasn't alone on this quiz. I have asked the question a few times and have never gotten even one suggestion for a moral precept that is original to Jesus, even though they also consider him the author of morality.
That's my answer, too: None. Not one.
Not even "turn the other cheek" or "love your enemies". Buddha beat him to that by 500 years.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#575551 Aug 20, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm certainly not condoning his actions, and I could be wrong on what I'm about to say, but I believe G.O.D. stated a few weeks ago he was was awaiting the results from his cancer tests. If they came back negative, that would surely explain his erratic behavior. Once again, I'm relying on my memory and I could be totally wrong. I'm writing from an iPhone, and going back over a few weeks of posts is almost next to impossible, or I'd check it myself.
Still no reason to wish death on someone who has had multiple heart attacks and a heart working at a diminished capacity.........

“"None shall pass"”

There

#575552 Aug 20, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Chris Clearwater wrote:
The same spirit (antiChrist) that has been spewing hate in this forum lives in them.
<quoted text>
.. according to some Christians, yes, you are evil and must be rubbed out to make way for the fulfillment of their belief system and the return of Jesus ..
.. humanity has arrived at a critical crossroad. We progressed from clubs to swords, riffles, cannons and, now, nuclear and biological weapons. It's not just people like CC who want to see your demise, it's powerful religious leaders; pastors and Imams who promise life eternal if you sacrifice your physical body, your very will, to them ..
.. it's time the good on both sides stepped forward and yelled, "Stop this insanity" ..
(( hugs ))
You forgot that they will call killing an unbeliever an "act of love" and anyone who disagrees with them are "haters".

“"None shall pass"”

There

#575553 Aug 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you afraid of what you label atheism, witchcraft, homosexuality or even lying??? Why can you not depend and trust yourself to do your own interperations of the Bible??? Why do you feel the need of a religious leader???
That is what IANS and others have been asking the Christians all along.

If you aren't being sarcastic here, I am in awe.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#575554 Aug 20, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>..I shudder to think your years of hard work and training culminated in a psychosis and languishing in a mediocre forum. Its more likely you possess dysthymia. Nummular appurtenances can be enlarged and may help.
Oh, Bongo, I think it's a little stronger than dysthymia. I'm thinking it's monopolar depression. Thank you for your concern Sir Bongo.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#575555 Aug 20, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit I can be as vile as anyone. The big difference is that I don't claim to be a saint doing God's work when doing so.
I am as vile as you! So there!

nya-nya-naaaaana!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#575556 Aug 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Your religion wants you to submit to it. It despises courage, autonomy and self-actualization.
Here is an interesting fact, Islam is Arabic for "Submit".
Christians are Muslims! Ain't that a hoot ?

Location hidden

#575557 Aug 20, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. do you know what a 'rhetorical question' is? Its not made to gather information but to make an accusation or express an opinion ..
.. if I ask you, "Lil Whispers, why are you so dense," I'm making a declarative statement, not asking a question. Such a inquiry does not deserve nor does it require a response ..
(( Hugs ))
Maybe I am dense ignorant right down stupid. All labels by human thinking..Your right do not know one damn thing about life. So do not ask me what herb cures cancer or to go out and pick the choice roots or prepare them.Yet God put them their for mankind. All that mankind can do is find fault and whine and complain yep lady do not know one damn thing about life. Real stupid dummy I am.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 70,721
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min truth 658,634
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Neville Thompson 282,967
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min another viewer 974,711
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 35 min Oliver 8
Franke Servis Sefakoy O2I2 299 I5 34 FRANKE Se... 1 hr mar 3
Tsim Sha Tsui SpringSpa 1 hr ABC1 1
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr crucifiedguy 4,986
More from around the web