Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#574913 Aug 19, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. I understand. Like Dr. Shrink, you're now channeling "One Spirit, Son, God”..
You're a phony wanna be atheist. Your [understanding] is inferior and baseless. Your beliefs insignificant mythical and comical. Your morals gutter filthy disgusting and Evil.

Understand that?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#574914 Aug 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If they have different meaning, why are you demanding we use the same word?
That's pretty disingenuous and not at all critical. Your use of the word faith indicates you are being manipulative.
Why is it so important for you to oversimplify faith so that you can use an incorrect term to compare believers and nonbelievers?
I'm assuming that that is a rhetorical question that you know the answer to, but I'll answer it anyway.

Religion and faith based thinking is losing the cultural war to rational skepticism and secular humanism, and is desperate to make itself appear equivalent.

"No. N-n-n-n-no. It’s not fair that people who can’t defend their own nonsense get to create a fake fair and balanced argument, the way they do when asserting that evolution and creationism are equally valid. When it comes to religion, we’re not two sides of the same coin and you don’t get to put your un-reason up on the same shelf with my reason. Your stuff has to go over there, on the shelf with Zeus, Thor and The Kraken." - Bill Maher

It's akin to trying to make yourself look good by comparing yourself to the worst example possible, like the ones who say that if you don't like America, move to North Korea or Iran. Nice argument.

“I always flinch in embarrassment for the believer who trots out,“Atheism is just another kind of faith,” because it’s a tacit admission that taking claims on faith is a silly thing to do. When you’ve succumbed to arguing that the opposition is just as misguided as you are, it’s time to take a step back and rethink your attitudes.”- Amanda Marcotte

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#574915 Aug 19, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your definitions are what it means today, not thousands of years ago.
Context is key.
That I agree with, however, since that's not what it says, how did you happen to come by this context you speak of?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#574916 Aug 19, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying. Or maybe you're just confused.
Perhaps techniques that are foreign to you, such as the scientific method, logic, and critical thought, make you think we worship pretend demons like you.
After all, your banking on a bunch of ancient bumpkins who took a fanciful story, plagiarized it when it suited them, changed it when it didn't, and came up with their own, conflicting versions of that story to tell you about your future in an afterlife.
Given that, just about anything rational is like to have you chasing your tail.
YOU'RE LYING! what 'scientific methods''logic' and/or 'critical thinking' has disproved spiritual, moral and eternal issues?

put up or shut up!

Fennario

#574917 Aug 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
It sounds like RiversideHick isn't actually trying to understand the world, but forcefit disparate phenomena into meaning systems within his personal life.
And there's the lie I referred to when I disagreed with him about his bible teaching that lying is wrong. I pointed out that the entire enterprise is built on a lie and the techniques to defend the lie both internally - learning how to keep the faith in the face of contradictory evidence and doubt - and externally - spreading the faith.

This type of lying is so fundamental and systemic in Christian thought that it isn't even noticed, like water to a fish.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#574919 Aug 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I challenge you on your poor logic. And if you're firing me, you owe me back pay and severance pay.
Woohoo!
even tho my logig is more objective and fair-minded than yours, moral, spiritual and eternal issues are discerned with the a persons heart/conscience before they can be processed thru the brain.

this is why a child who desires to know goodness and purity is more apt to see the kingdom of God before someone who's been jaded through bigotry and prejudice:

"except you become as a little child you shall not see the kingdom of heaven" Jesus

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#574922 Aug 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You "have found"? As in, you do research on evolutionary theorists? hahaha, sure, whatever.
2. Ok, no worries. I won't send anything.
:p
1) we're kinda getting a picture of how atheist's/evolutionist's think by communicating here and it's clear that that there's a deep-seated resentment towards the idea of a Creator that runs through their psyche:)

2) please feel free to send away - you can PM me anytime;)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#574923 Aug 19, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
I don't think he's a jerk.
*tips hat*

Fennario

#574924 Aug 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Cather must be rubbing off on me as well. Te other day at work my boss told me he has an uncle that used to be a podiatrist that retired to Guatemala and likes to pick beans as a means of relaxation. And that he was planning on going there next vacation. For some crazy reason I told him I also have an uncle that was a podiatrist that retired to Guatemala and likes to pick beans as a means of relaxation. And that I was thinking about going there on vacation. It worked though. He told me that if I happen to be there when he is there that I should look him up!
There you go again comparing yourself to decent people, as if you were an equal. You are not.

You have no more in common with Catcher than you do with Hiding. They are decent people. Your ethics are from the gutter. You're a liar. You just said as much. Catcher is not. Unlike your bean picking uncle, his physician brother actually exists.

Fennario

#574925 Aug 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not mine! Mine is the one true religion!
hahaha, no kidding. You're quite clearly correct. It's just that if you already have a religion, then add onto it, you get this logical formula:
1 Christianity
2 Mormonism = Christianity + extra religion
1 Stupid
2 Stupid + extra stupid
Therefore, Mormonism is objectively more stupid than Christianity.
That there is double funny.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#574926 Aug 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You're succeeding.
oh thanks ;) I usually just shrug off praise from lying insecure inferior phony professing atheists like you because their praise is usually such a unsightly Stain.

But I will give an exception to you today because I'm in such a good mood.

Location hidden

#574927 Aug 19, 2013
Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>I was talking about the Temple Sacrifices of 2000 years ago.
Aura thinks it is the same as hunting wild turkeys in the USA.
You said you can hunt turkeys in Australia.
I said there are are no turkeys in Australia.
I also discovered that you have birds in Australia called turkeys and admitted my mistake.

You brought Australia into it, not me.
I even can admit my mistakes, care to try that ?
You're going to stick with that? Ok.

Location hidden

#574928 Aug 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>1) we're kinda getting a picture of how atheist's/evolutionist's think by communicating here and it's clear that that there's a deep-seated resentment towards the idea of a Creator that runs through their psyche:)

Who let you out? Huh?

Fennario

#574930 Aug 19, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
This is America! I'm a Christian, a Jesus Follower and a Capitalist.~~~grin~~~
Giving lip service to capitalism is not the same as being a capitalist. You work for capitalists.

< Grins back >

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#574931 Aug 19, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. I understand. Like Dr. Shrink, you're now channeling "One Spirit, Son, God”.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're a phony wanna be atheist. Your [understanding] is inferior and baseless. Your beliefs insignificant mythical and comical. Your morals gutter filthy disgusting and Evil.
Understand that?
.. it seems our relationship has become somewhat tenuous ..

.. was it something I wrote ??..

Fennario

#574932 Aug 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
I think it's correct enough to say, that all religions included in the Abrahamic faiths have progressively evolved over time with offshoots springing out of them and growing into their own flavor's and brands. Even the originals changed and adapted from the earlier flavors and changed to stay afloat.
So it can be truly said that religion is a progressive kind of stupid.
“To me, Judaism is "Happy Days", which would make Christianity, "LaVerne and Shirley" and Islam, "Mork and Mindy". Mormonism would be "Joanie loves Chachi". Bad spin-offs of an original idea that survived FAR too long.”- anon

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#574933 Aug 19, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I made no such demand.
If I did make that demand, yes it would be disingenuous, but I didn't so...
Yes, you are being disingenuous right now.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#574934 Aug 19, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, they said "beer" 13 times. And it's highlighted. Nice.
Yes.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#574935 Aug 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
1) we're kinda getting a picture of how atheist's/evolutionist's think by communicating here and it's clear that that there's a deep-seated resentment towards the idea of a Creator that runs through their psyche:)
Absolutely. And they are scared to terrified of meeting that Creator after they die. So they are here trying to soothe their suffocating fear and tortured conscience from the INEVITABILITY of Death.

They are no atheists. And they can write to each other the same regurgitating garbage for the ten thousandth plus time; all they trying to accomplish repeating the same thing to each other over and over is to cover that Fear.

Obviously it isn't working, and everyone here knows it LOL.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#574936 Aug 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Giving lip service to capitalism is not the same as being a capitalist. You work for capitalists.
< Grins back >
????

So you have a fortune teller now you can see who is a capitalist on here from who not?

You get mocked because you're so Dumb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 52 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 983,098
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 683,747
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr old_moose 15,985
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 14
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Disappointed US ... 6,416
Looking for girls to snapchat 6 hr aldenmorgan737 1
More from around the web