Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#574795 Aug 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not mine! Mine is the one true religion!
hahaha, no kidding. You're quite clearly correct. It's just that if you already have a religion, then add onto it, you get this logical formula:
1 Christianity
2 Mormonism = Christianity + extra religion
1 Stupid
2 Stupid + extra stupid
Therefore, Mormonism is objectively more stupid than Christianity.
<quoted text>
I think it's correct enough to say, that all religions included
in the Abrahamic faiths have progressively evolved over time with offshoots springing out of them and growing into their own flavor's and brands. Even the originals changed and adapted from the earlier flavors and changed to stay afloat.
So it can be truly said that religion is a progressive kind of stupid.
Brilliant. I might reconsider the lameness of batman.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#574796 Aug 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
ah! hahaha, didn't get it
:)
I've also heard it said they collect scalps, like the Native Americans.
:-)

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#574797 Aug 19, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
How did Australia come into it? I could hunt a turkey or two right now if I wanted to but I'd probably incur a penalty of some sort. Far as I know,'hunting season' is an American concept.
Yeah maybe, but prolly because we almost hunted the bison and turkeys into extinction. That's why we try to conserve and protect them from ourselves. I read that when the English first came to America right on up till George Washington's day there were two distinctive flocks of turkeys, that numbered in the millions.
You probably could have just thrown a brick into a flock like that and clobbered one for dinner. lol

On another note there's one place left on Earth where Elephants roam free , but they're in danger from human encroachment and poachers who kill them for ivory. It's sad but conservation is the only way to save Earths most precious commodity.
Here it is if you are interested in that sort of thing, it shows Elephants and Africa like we have never seen before.

http://ngc-qa.nationalgeographic.com/wild/vid...

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#574798 Aug 19, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not considered the logic of a pretzel.
Why not?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#574799 Aug 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning/evening to you, too.
Uhm, do you actually believe that Noah lived to be more than 600? Do you actually believe that Noah built an ark? That he existed?
Actually, I don't. We Aussies call a shark a "Noah's Ark".

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#574800 Aug 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
When did archaeologists become stone fabrication experts?
I have seen some of the "theories" posited about it all, and had to laugh. None of them considered all of the logistics nor difficulty of fabrication of the entire process. Those that have been posted on here so far are fails.
Even when trying to solve the mystery by using the tools they used, most resort to modern tools because the amount of time involved
to produce the film wont allow them finish using ancient methods.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#574801 Aug 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Obviously you don't know anything about these particular people. They spit on foreigners and curse you if you are christian, saying they killed your Jesus we will kill you, they are awful people , and you a goyium they even beat them up and throw rocks at you and your car. The ritual sacrifice is a barbaric ritual from the stone age.
It depends what u say to them.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#574802 Aug 19, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the rabbi might have a point about the sananda scenario but don't tell him I said that.
I really don't understand the reference...

Some stable somewhere

#574803 Aug 19, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
How did Australia come into it? I could hunt a turkey or two right now if I wanted to but I'd probably incur a penalty of some sort. Far as I know,'hunting season' is an American concept.
I'm pretty sure the turkeys in Oz are protected by law. It's 'cause they're rare. And huge! Much bigger than the American ones.

Location hidden

#574804 Aug 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah maybe, but prolly because we almost hunted the bison and turkeys into extinction. That's why we try to conserve and protect them from ourselves. I read that when the English first came to America right on up till George Washington's day there were two distinctive flocks of turkeys, that numbered in the millions.
You probably could have just thrown a brick into a flock like that and clobbered one for dinner. lol
On another note there's one place left on Earth where Elephants roam free , but they're in danger from human encroachment and poachers who kill them for ivory. It's sad but conservation is the only way to save Earths most precious commodity.
Here it is if you are interested in that sort of thing, it shows Elephants and Africa like we have never seen before.
http://ngc-qa.nationalgeographic.com/wild/vid...
Agreed and thank you :)

Location hidden

#574805 Aug 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't understand the reference...
Which reference luv?

Some stable somewhere

#574806 Aug 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
When did archaeologists become stone fabrication experts?
I have seen some of the "theories" posited about it all, and had to laugh. None of them considered all of the logistics nor difficulty of fabrication of the entire process. Those that have been posted on here so far are fails.
Let's see...archaeologists also examined the quarries where the limestone comes from. The tools the Egyptians used are known. It's a simple matter to recreate that - i.e., by hiring some real stone masons and quarrying some limestone. Modern stone masons won't be as skilled as Egyptian ones would have been using those tools, but you get estimates.

Also, the records of when the pyramids were built - i.e., which rule commissioned them, in who's rule they were finished (always the same ruler...so you have a maximum timespan).

The bottom line is that you don't have the faintest clue what the archaeologists are doing and you criticize them based on your lack of information. You'd be better served by trying to figure out what methodologies they employed than simply declaring, with no evidence or argument, "they can't do it because I can't imagine it!"

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#574807 Aug 19, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
I made the calim that secularism teaches that lying is OK, within certain limits. Don't leave that part out, it's crucial.
Lying is OK within certain limits, and properly defining and remaining within those limits is what keeps it moral. I would think that a curious and reasonable guy like you would know that already.
RiversideHick wrote:
I do believe that secular traits are immoral.
That's your bible and church speaking through you, which purpose is to demonize whatever isn't supportive of it.
RiversideHick wrote:
there are immoral Christians out there and moral secularists
Moral secularists? Then you don't believe your own posting. Aren't you lying right now?
RiversideHick wrote:
What I'm saying is that Christianity teaches that lying is wrong.
Not very well.

Teaching occurs by example, not by words. When the words and the example are congruous, the words fortify the example. When the words and the example are opposite, the example includes hypocrisy, which is then taught as well.

Faith is based on a lie to the self which is then spread to others. And that faith is sustained by continued lying to the self - the confirmation bias that rejects contradictory evidence, and which causes people to claim such things as that vague references to underwater springs are a supernatural foretelling of hydrothermic vents by a deity.

Some stable somewhere

#574808 Aug 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt.
As a sailor, I'm sure you're quite familiar with how boats and ships come over the horizon.

Location hidden

#574809 Aug 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure the turkeys in Oz are protected by law. It's 'cause they're rare. And huge! Much bigger than the American ones.
I don't know for sure as have never hunted but you're probably right, haven't found out yet but found this, it's pretty interesting. They're amusing birds, I wouldn't kill or imprison the two that hang around in manner of pets.

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/animals/Aus...

Some stable somewhere

#574810 Aug 19, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
It's not the shape or design of the pyramid that's the hard part, it's the blasting, cutting and moving of the 3 ton blocks.
<quoted text>
I didn't say limestone, I said stone.
Referring to the granite.
Who cares? They used limestone.

Some stable somewhere

#574811 Aug 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not mine! Mine is the one true religion!
hahaha, no kidding. You're quite clearly correct. It's just that if you already have a religion, then add onto it, you get this logical formula:
1 Christianity
2 Mormonism = Christianity + extra religion
1 Stupid
2 Stupid + extra stupid
Therefore, Mormonism is objectively more stupid than Christianity.
<quoted text>
I think it's correct enough to say, that all religions included
in the Abrahamic faiths have progressively evolved over time with offshoots springing out of them and growing into their own flavor's and brands. Even the originals changed and adapted from the earlier flavors and changed to stay afloat.
So it can be truly said that religion is a progressive kind of stupid.
Sounds good.

Some stable somewhere

#574812 Aug 19, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I don't. We Aussies call a shark a "Noah's Ark".
I'm pretty sure I addressed that comment to Q.

:p

Why do you call a shark that?

Location hidden

#574813 Aug 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
Busy splitting atoms or idioms, I forget. I shall now do so.

Some stable somewhere

#574814 Aug 19, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Which reference luv?
Whatever it was you wrote in that previous post.

That I have since forgotten.

:p

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 122,782
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min old_moose 6,634
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min bad bob 184,861
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min kent 681,599
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 286,430
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... (Jun '16) 2 hr Christ sans politics 101
Guilty of a DUI or DWI? Important IDRC Info (Jan '12) 2 hr Durka 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr New Age Spiritual... 982,158
More from around the web