Lets get a room!
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
;)
LOL I not a third rate romance type gal. LOL

LoL Never let a shadow follow me LOL.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#574043 Aug 17, 2013
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
James 4:17 17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

1 John 3:4 ¶Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

A PRAYER FOR SALVATION:
God, my sins have separated me from you. Thank you that Jesus Christ died in my place for the forgiveness of my sins. I accept Jesus’ sacrifice for my sins and ask you to come into my life. Please come into my heart and begin to guide me to live my life how you want me to live it. Thank you for giving me eternal life. In Jesus' name, Amen."

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#574044 Aug 17, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOL
Ich spreche ein klein bisschen schuler Deutsch. In der Tat habe ich habe mit einem deutschen Namen hier seit Monaten. Nicht viele Menschen wissen.
Nicht viele Menschen wissen. Lassen Sie es mich einmal so lassen Sie es zu, dass für Richtigkeit und scheiße. LOL

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#574045 Aug 17, 2013
Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the Catholic ritual ?
Jesus said to remember him when you have a meal. When you break bread remember his broken body. When you drink the wine, remember the blood he shed.
Now ya know where anorexia comes from....

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#574046 Aug 17, 2013
Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if he disagrees with him at some point.
hahaha, that will never happen.

Some stable somewhere

#574047 Aug 17, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
White people make the best guns because white people never learned how to get along with the rest of us.
Look at her. She's not like us. Let's get her.
WHOP, BAM, OUCH.
White people, run away!!
We need better weapons.
Mostly it was non-white people wishing they had better weapons. They didn't, so they became Christian to access the better technology.

In the Pacific that meant you had headhunting Christians. Kind of funny.

Some stable somewhere

#574048 Aug 17, 2013
Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me a Government that doesn't.
That's the larger point and it invalidates RH's claim that secular society is bad.

Location hidden

#574049 Aug 17, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if built in headphones?
Well....maybe.'pends on what them headphones is say'n sometimes.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#574050 Aug 17, 2013
The parables.

The Greek word parabole used in reference to the Gospels, can mean anything from an image sketched in a few words to an extended story. At the core of each parable is an analogy; something unknown is a illustration by comparison with something familiar. On one level the parables are vivid stories that anyone might enjoy and then forget. But for those who as Jesus said, had ears to hear Mark 4:9 the parables were doorway to perceiving the reality of God's Kingdom.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#574051 Aug 17, 2013
good night

Some stable somewhere

#574052 Aug 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Can you come up with an engineering firm that could provide the logistics and equipment to duplicate the great pyramid(and it is not the largest one ever constructed in the world) in any time frame that is even close to the claim?
I worked granite blocks that only weighed about 20 tons, and it took days to cut them (1) cut with a silver wire(s)(what they(Egyptians) referred to as "the worm").
There were 3 motes which were used for this at the base of the pyramid. The feat would have been impossible, even with limestone, which is much softer and more easily cut. The tolerances of cut, and the accuracy of surface finish is beyond the ability of our best manufacturing capabilities today in granites, without several (time consuming) operations... so, NO, they could not have been produced with the technology they are said to have possessed at the time.
Limestone is quite a bit softer than granite. On Moh's scale, natural granite has a hardness of 6 or 7. Limestone only has a hardness of 3.

On an absolute scale, granite is 72 and limestone 9. That means granite is 8 times harder than limestone. Certainly, granite is going to be a lot harder to cut.

All of our archaeology demonstrates the great pyramid at Giza was built in 20-25 years, most likely 20, by 10 000 laborers.

With modern technology, we could build the pyramids faster and to a higher degree of accuracy.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#574053 Aug 17, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly it was non-white people wishing they had better weapons. They didn't, so they became Christian to access the better technology.
In the Pacific that meant you had headhunting Christians. Kind of funny.
Only in the Pacific?

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#574054 Aug 17, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg your pardon, I have washed my hair,taken my perfumed
bath,stinky indeed.lol ha ha ha
Long as you didn't bathe in Shrinky's toilet, you're sweet.
:D

Some stable somewhere

#574055 Aug 17, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Gday Hiding.
I looked up the text that forbade human sacrifice of your children, in the Laws of Moses.
Leviticus 18:21
Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.
Molek or Moloch was a god of the Canaanites, to whom they often sacrificed their babies. Not to be confused with the Aussie lizard.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Moloch
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10443b.htm
http://carm.org/christianity/miscellaneous-to...
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/10...
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/m/moloch.htm...
From reading this, plus the story of Abraham and Isaac, it seems the Jewish God didn't have such a problem with human sacrifice per se. He only had a problem with idolatry, if they were sacrificed to a rival pagan god.
Lovely.
Wow, amazing. That quite changes things, doesn't it.

Some stable somewhere

#574056 Aug 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
RH had just posted something very offensive, and he justified it by saying that Scar told him to do it.
So I was attempting to show RH that one should not do something just because somebody else told them to.
I wouldn't want RH to jump off a building.
Poison is a far better prescription.
Ah, no problems. How terrible of RH! Poison it is then.

Location hidden

#574057 Aug 17, 2013
Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so mean ?
He'd constipated. That makes ya cranky!

Location hidden

#574058 Aug 17, 2013
Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
Many are sure of their place in Heaven.
I believe I am right but I am not God. I could end up in Hell for all I really know.
All I can do is the best I can.
Why would you need a deity for that?

Location hidden

#574059 Aug 17, 2013
Bible Passages About Ritual Human Sacrifice
Jephthah Burns His Daughter
"At that time the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he went throughout the land of Gilead and Manasseh, including Mizpah in Gilead, and led an army against the Ammonites. And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD. He said, "If you give me victory over the Ammonites, I will give to the LORD the first thing coming out of my house to greet me when I return in triumph. I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."
"So Jephthah led his army against the Ammonites, and the LORD gave him victory. He thoroughly defeated the Ammonites from Aroer to an area near Minnith – twenty towns – and as far away as Abel-keramim. Thus Israel subdued the Ammonites. When Jephthah returned home to Mizpah, his daughter – his only child – ran out to meet him, playing on a tambourine and dancing for joy. When he saw her, he tore his clothes in anguish. "My daughter!" he cried out. "My heart is breaking! What a tragedy that you came out to greet me. For I have made a vow to the LORD and cannot take it back." And she said, "Father, you have made a promise to the LORD. You must do to me what you have promised, for the LORD has given you a great victory over your enemies, the Ammonites. But first let me go up and roam in the hills and weep with my friends for two months, because I will die a virgin." "You may go," Jephthah said. And he let her go away for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never have children. When she returned home, her father kept his vow, and she died a virgin. So it has become a custom in Israel for young Israelite women to go away for four days each year to lament the fate of Jephthah's daughter." (Judges 11:29-40 NLT)
God Commands Burning Humans
[The Lord speaking] "The one who has stolen what was set apart for destruction will himself be burned with fire, along with everything he has, for he has broken the covenant of the LORD and has done a horrible thing in Israel." (Joshua 7:15 NLT)
Josiah and Human Sacrifice
At the LORD's command, a man of God from Judah went to Bethel, and he arrived there just as Jeroboam was approaching the altar to offer a sacrifice. Then at the LORD's command, he shouted, "O altar, altar! This is what the LORD says: A child named Josiah will be born into the dynasty of David. On you he will sacrifice the priests from the pagan shrines who come here to burn incense, and human bones will be burned on you." (1 Kings 13:1-2 NLT)
He [Josiah] executed the priests of the pagan shrines on their own altars, and he burned human bones on the altars to desecrate them. Finally, he returned to Jerusalem. King Josiah then issued this order to all the people: "You must celebrate the Passover to the LORD your God, as it is written in the Book of the Covenant." There had not been a Passover celebration like that since the time when the judges ruled in Israel, throughout all the years of the kings of Israel and Judah. This Passover was celebrated to the LORD in Jerusalem during the eighteenth year of King Josiah's reign. Josiah also exterminated the mediums and psychics, the household gods, and every other kind of idol worship, both in Jerusalem and throughout the land of Judah. He did this in obedience to all the laws written in the scroll that Hilkiah the priest had found in the LORD's Temple. Never before had there been a king like Josiah, who turned to the LORD with all his heart and soul and strength, obeying all the laws of Moses. And there has never been a king like him since.(2 Kings 23:20-25 NLT)
Human Sacrifice
Chastised a little, they shall be greatly blessed, because God tried them and found them worthy of himself. As gold in the furnace, he proved them, and as sacrificial offerings he took them to himself. In the time of their visitation they shall shine, and shall dart about as sparks through stubble;(Wisdom 3:5-7 NAB The Book of The Wisdom of Solomon is mostly in Catholic versions of the Bible.)

Location hidden

#574060 Aug 17, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that against the rules? It seems they make their own rules, as if they were gods, or controlled a god.
<quoted text>
Yet despite being immoral heathens, we outperform the Christians. Go figure.
Immoral?

Location hidden

#574061 Aug 17, 2013
Child Sacrifice

And this became a hidden trap for mankind, because men, in bondage to misfortune or to royal authority, bestowed on objects of stone or wood the name that ought not to be shared. Afterward it was not enough for them to err about the knowledge of God, but they live in great strife due to ignorance, and they call such great evils peace. For whether they kill children in their initiations, or celebrate secret mysteries, or hold frenzied revels with strange customs…(Wisdom 14:21-23 RSV) The Book of The Wisdom of Solomon is mostly in Catholic versions of the Bible. This passage condemns human sacrifice but acknowledges that it did happen by early God worshipers.

Humans are Fuel for Fire

As for you, son of man, prophesy: Thus says the Lord GOD against the Ammonites and their insults: A sword, a sword is drawn for slaughter, burnished to consume and to flash lightning, because you planned with false visions and lying divinations to lay it on the necks of depraved and wicked men whose day has come when their crimes are at an end. Return it to its sheath! In the place where you were created, in the land of your origin, I will judge you. I will pour out my indignation upon you, breathing my fiery wrath upon you, I will hand you over to ravaging men, artisans of destruction. You shall be fuel for the fire, your blood shall flow throughout the land. You shall not be remembered, for I, the LORD, have spoken.(Ezekiel 21:33-37 NAB)

Burn Nonbelievers

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

I think, as far as gods go, Aslan and Yoda are much nicer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min NatSoDivineMsM 37,286
You are of your father.....the devil 4 min Doctor REALITY 3
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 27 min Paul is dead 77
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min Gabriel 988,597
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 53 min my opinions 459
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 57 min Chuck 688,916
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,553
More from around the web