Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#573918 Aug 17, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to post, when I first arrived on Topix, that I thought indoctrinating children into a religion was child abuse. While I haven't changed my mind about that, I haven't brought it up in a long time either.
Instead of limiting that to children, I'd like to expand it to include anyone who doesn't have the ability to rationally evaluate claims. I can just call that unethical behavior instead of child abuse. If we had truth in advertising for religions, they could not survive. If people were trained in rational skepticism prior to adopting religious beliefs, religion could not survive. People have to be tricked, manipulated, lied to, and preyed upon when they are at their weakest, in order to adopt most religious beliefs.
It really doesn't take much looking to see how much damage these cons inflict on people. Pisses me off.
That wasn't you who posted that, Tide.

It was a fellow by the name of Xdanox.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#573919 Aug 17, 2013
Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get the big deal about homosexuals.
I know how to say "No, thank you" and "Can we just be friends?".
somehow you are right
but to be friends of unbelievers morally fallen from Gods Moral Law
is not proper and abomination
bible warn you
"Bad association spoil good habits".....
you as christian can not be friend of gays,alcoholics drug users, or adulters ungodly wicked atheists
read 2 Cor 6;14-16
verse 14 clearly warn you;
" be ye not unequaly yoked together with unbelievers;
for what fellowship hath the righteouesness with immoral unrighteouesness and what communion hath light with darkness
read 15-16...... to understand better this warning

I direct you to Gods Word, because I am not teacher of anybody
according to 2 Tim 3;16
I aslo encourage to get full light about unbelievers from
1 Cor 5;9. 1 John 1;6. Eph 2;31. Heb 3;6

you can basics of Bible,to chalenge all"christian faken God followers and Gods mockers
God bless you Lambchop
sorry your awater missing full name should be Lambchop not Lamchop
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#573920 Aug 17, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Are you gay?
what a heck you worry about others sexaul orientations?
look like you love search pants of man or women slips?
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#573921 Aug 17, 2013
Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get the big deal about homosexuals.
I know how to say "No, thank you" and "Can we just be friends?".
Me either Lamchop.
Live and let live.

And a bit of irony...

John 8:7 (KJV)
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#573922 Aug 17, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Please keep in mind, I don't believe in any of these stories.
Ok, so:
1. Your deity feels that it's ok to frighten men into honestly planning to sacrifice their own sons. And he doesn't mind that he made Abraham plan out murder, lie and forceably tie up his son, thereby doing violence to his son (and emotional trauma!).
2. Your deity feels that it can make everything right by "providing" Abraham with new children, when he's extremely old and likely unable to care for those newborns properly.
So children can be substituted freely. New children are payments for past crimes.
Oh, I'll remember these lessons when I refer to your group of religions as Abrahamic - no kidding! Hand in hand with repulsive deity.
If I was the kid, I'd spit on my cowardly father and his sadistic, evil deity, and never look back.
Abraham was punked by the Ashton Kutcher deity.

Isaac moved to Seattle and started a band called AltarNative.

He never spoke to his father again.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#573923 Aug 17, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
I think that secularism teaches that lying for self worh is ok, or lying for profit, or self defense.
The Bible teaches us that it's always wrong and that it's immoral.
That's because the people who thought up that shit didn't know any better.

By the way, "secularism" doesn't teach anything.

Even if you mean Secular Humanism, you are still misrepresenting it.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#573924 Aug 17, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
We used to live in central Florida.
Moved to Amsterdam for a change, family there.
Been to Talledega?
Or Mobile?
USS Alabama battleship is in the bay.
Interesting tour and cheap!
wir haben Schanuze Voll des Deines Luegnern und deine kleine abcheunliche Mund( alte frau Votze)
du bis verueckte und kleine Schwanz+ Schwuchtel

geh to Hoelle,und nimmer komt hier zurueck
du meine kleine Scheisse?

hast du verstond?

or maybe I have to write you in Chinesse,or kwazi? little mamba jamba monkey around
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#573925 Aug 17, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the only one here who's met God.
BTW. Global warming is a lie !!!
SCALIA OFFERS TO HELP POPE JUDGE GAYS

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Responding to Pope Francis’s suggestion that the Pope is not capable of judging gays, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia contacted the Vatican today to say that he would be “more than happy” to help the Pontiff do so.

“If he’s having trouble judging homosexuals, well, then I’m his man,” Scalia told reporters after making his offer.“I have over a quarter century of professional experience.”

Justice Scalia said that he was sympathetic to Pope Francis’s difficulty in judging gays, but added,“Once he spends a few weeks watching the master at work, I’m sure he’ll get the hang of it.”

“I wasn’t great at judging homosexuals my first year in the job, either,” he said.“But now I can do it without thinking.”

Justice Scalia said that once Pope Francis feels confident about his ability to judge gays, he would help the Pontiff learn how to judge minorities and women.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#573926 Aug 17, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Me either Lamchop.
Live and let live.
And a bit of irony...
John 8:7 (KJV)
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
male gays are not"HER"
learn you idiot basic english grammar genders HER , HIS him OR she HER- HIS AND HER -MALE AND FEMALE
gays doesn't have any gender they are missing evolution link, look like man but a....is made by him(not her) as female pussy?

Jesus words were directed to them to throw stone to HER WOMEN PROSTITUTE NOT GAYS?

you are broke line of weekend idiotsim?
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#573928 Aug 17, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
SCALIA OFFERS TO HELP POPE JUDGE GAYS
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Responding to Pope Francis’s suggestion that the Pope is not capable of judging gays, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia contacted the Vatican today to say that he would be “more than happy” to help the Pontiff do so.
“If he’s having trouble judging homosexuals, well, then I’m his man,” Scalia told reporters after making his offer.“I have over a quarter century of professional experience.”
Justice Scalia said that he was sympathetic to Pope Francis’s difficulty in judging gays, but added,“Once he spends a few weeks watching the master at work, I’m sure he’ll get the hang of it.”
“I wasn’t great at judging homosexuals my first year in the job, either,” he said.“But now I can do it without thinking.”
Justice Scalia said that once Pope Francis feels confident about his ability to judge gays, he would help the Pontiff learn how to judge minorities and women.
SCHLIESS YOUR VERUECKTE DUMKOPF SCHANUZE,bu bist niemand,
das is alles

zwykla hujowina and duren

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#573929 Aug 17, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Replicators !!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ap1Mq0fIidQXX
Good song. I have to admit, I was hoping the little robots would eat more people. Love how the white-people guns are always better than the not-white people's guns.
Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#573930 Aug 17, 2013
Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I got tired of replacing windows in my glass house.
buy bricks and cement and replace windows to have whole house without of any windows

and if you are tired,just go sleep and don't fart at night,or snore,
rather be busy to chase all bed bugs from your bed with flashlight

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#573931 Aug 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the top of the tallest building in Riverside.
Then jump off.
Do it, for me.
That's not especially demonstrative of your good will toward all humankind.

:p

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#573932 Aug 17, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Your obsession with every thing Skom posts has gone way beyond creepy and is now a full blown example of someone that is clearly psychotic. Perhaps you can sneak back in to the United States and get help. Because I'm sure the kind of competent professional help you need would be very hard to find in Mexico.
Uhm...Skom responds to IANS with equal ferocity. So are you going to write him this letter, too?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#573933 Aug 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't you who posted that, Tide.
It was a fellow by the name of Xdanox.
XdanoX?

I want to talk to that MFr.

I replied to a post and he just up and left. Never heard from him again.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#573934 Aug 17, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to post, when I first arrived on Topix, that I thought indoctrinating children into a religion was child abuse. While I haven't changed my mind about that, I haven't brought it up in a long time either.
Instead of limiting that to children, I'd like to expand it to include anyone who doesn't have the ability to rationally evaluate claims. I can just call that unethical behavior instead of child abuse. If we had truth in advertising for religions, they could not survive. If people were trained in rational skepticism prior to adopting religious beliefs, religion could not survive. People have to be tricked, manipulated, lied to, and preyed upon when they are at their weakest, in order to adopt most religious beliefs.
It really doesn't take much looking to see how much damage these cons inflict on people. Pisses me off.
It should piss off more people.

Good post above - couldn't agree more. How do we then educate people before they get stuck with these parasites?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#573935 Aug 17, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh I'm so sick of hearing that.
You people are so negative.
Your response isn't adequate. Sorry. I'm sure you're not discriminatory, except to women, but the Christian religion has to answer to these crimes they've committed and are still committing, in some regions.

Your answer reminded me of a representative of the Catholic church who was attacked for their stance on homosexuality, their actions for pedophile priests, and the various crimes against humanity it carried out for hundreds of years.

She answered in the same way "you people always bring these issues up! Can't we move beyond them?"

No. No, you cannot. You haven't answered for them yet.

(not you personally, and I'm aware that the Catholic church is undergoing some changes atm).

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#573936 Aug 17, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because the people who thought up that shit didn't know any better.
By the way, "secularism" doesn't teach anything.
Even if you mean Secular Humanism, you are still misrepresenting it.
From the guy who thought he get Scar to fall for the "I believe God doesn't exist" ruse.

I don't fault him for trying.

I don't fault him for failing.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#573937 Aug 17, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
Faith and science go hand in hand.
I can see that, the way an ignorant child (faith) needs to hold the hand of the adult parent (science).

And whenever faith isn't holding hands with science, being completely subordinate to science, it runs out in front of traffic.

Good analogy, RH.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#573938 Aug 17, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
I think that secularism teaches that lying for self worh is ok, or lying for profit, or self defense.
The Bible teaches us that it's always wrong and that it's immoral.
Please point to one Christian theocracy where the leaders didn't lie for profit, and didn't cause massive human suffering.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessari... 865,929
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min aragwen 600,168
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 41 min middleman1 2,790
The Christian Atheist debate 57 min ChristineM 2,084
Poll How come Mexicans like to live on welfare? (Oct '08) 1 hr Guess What 237
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 2 hr Malcolm 46
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 2 hr Stranger 413
More from around the web