Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#573830 Aug 17, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, Scar?
Catcher is not just disagreeing with me, he's being arrogant, insulting and belittling.
Is this what you call secular humanism at it's finest?
I'm sorry, RH, but I just can't help it.

The whole Satan thing makes me laugh. It's so silly.

Again, I'm sorry.

Boo!

Long Beach, CA

#573831 Aug 17, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I wonder if Catcher avoids breaking mirrors or would never walk under a ladder to name only a couple things.
Oh, no. I'm not superstitious, because it brings bad luck.

I don't believe in astrology, either: I'm a Scorpio; we Scorpios skeptical by nature.

Long Beach, CA

#573832 Aug 17, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>

gofuckyourself
Yeah, I hear Jesus used to go around saying that sort of stuff.

Quite the intellectual argument there.

Childish, actually.

Maybe the devil made you do it.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#573833 Aug 17, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I like you, youre probably a good chess player.
Nah, but sometimes I play the violin on the city square for spare change. When I leave my leg at home I make more money. Go figure.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#573834 Aug 17, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fear God" is not like fearing death, or afraid of the dark or anything like that.
It's more like a reverant awe and obedience.
I doubt that any Christian is afraid of God.
And according to Genesis 22, I don't see how you think Abraham was ever frightened.
Can yu explain that?
Yeah. You projecting 21st century conceptions of your understanding of the Christian deity onto peoples of the past.
Oh, stop. Now you're adding 'terrorized' in the mix.
You can't just add to it at will and still remain credible.
"Abraham! I am your god. Go and sacrifice your only son to me. Then burn his body. Please notice that I'm all powerful and you are a tiny worm by comparison."

You don't think that would terrorize Abraham? Is Abraham immune to fear?
Agreed. Nicely said.
Thanks

:)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#573835 Aug 17, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Some amusing...
TEXAS WEIGHS BAN ON WOMEN
AUSTIN (The Borowitz Report)—Republican lawmakers in the Texas State Senate are proposing a precedent-setting new bill that would make it illegal for women to live in the state.
Senator Harland Dorrinson, one of the many pro-life lawmakers backing the woman ban, crafted his bill after witnessing Senator Wendy Davis filibuster an anti-abortion bill last month.
“That was our moment to say,‘Enough is enough,’” he said.“This comes down to a choice between life and women, and we choose life.”
Senator Dorrinson said his bill would call for a twenty-foot woman-proof fence to be constructed along the borders of the state.
“Women are great at talking, but not at climbing,” he observed.
But another G.O.P. state senator, Cal Jamson, believes that the total ban on women goes “too far” and is proposing a less draconian bill that would allow some women to remain in the state as guest workers.
“Texas needs women to cook, clean, and cheerlead,” he said.“If they show that they can do those things and stay out of politics, there could be a pathway to citizenship.”
hahaha!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#573836 Aug 17, 2013
Sirius-Canis wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings Earthling, I am Canis and I come from a small planet revolving around the star you call Sirius. I offer peace and joy to every human.
It was my great-great-great-great, great grandfather that stopped Abraham from killing his son by impersonating Dungonkohn from the planet Zippataksyki. He is our bitter enemy and extremely evil. Earthlings call his species the devil.
You have been chosen to visit our world. Do not be afraid. We have ideas to exchange and thoughts to trade; there is much to learn from each other. When you see the bright white light in the sky, please remove your clothes. You will not need them on our world. Are you ready?
Hello Alien.

Ours is a sovereign planet that declared neutrality in your battles. We apologize, but the very best we can offer is to comfort the injured and ill. You are welcome to bring them to our hospital colonies on the Moon and our hospice outpost in geosynchronous orbit.

If you wish to visit our planet, you will have to fill out and qualify for a visa. Details can be found on the webpage of your government's consulate.

Otherwise, I wish you a safe and enjoyable trip to earth and a speedy resolution to your military struggles.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#573837 Aug 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>What I am saying is why would you quote scripture from a Bible you don't believe? It doesn't make sense.
Why does that suddenly matter? You're a faith-based thinker. Suddenly, you're a rational skeptic for just this issue.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#573838 Aug 17, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> What if they have multiple allele? hmm how did evolution start?
The moment you have replicators, you have evolution. I can further explain this if you so desire.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#573839 Aug 17, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I like you, youre probably a good chess player.
I like chess. You want to play?
Bongo

Central Islip, NY

#573840 Aug 17, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, but sometimes I play the violin on the city square for spare change. When I leave my leg at home I make more money. Go figure.
RT would you like to dance?...Ive got a new pair of cargo pants.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#573841 Aug 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, RH, but I just can't help it.
The whole Satan thing makes me laugh. It's so silly.
Again, I'm sorry.
Boo!
Ack!!!

My diapers!

Fennario

#573842 Aug 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Nobody has it all correct.
You went 0 for 12 on the bible quiz - not one right answer. To your credit, they weren't all wrong, though. Some you simply fled from.

Fennario

#573843 Aug 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
It's possible you have rejected the sum and not all the parts [of the bible].
That's something you should be able to relate to.
Bongo

Central Islip, NY

#573844 Aug 17, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I like chess. You want to play?
Real chess, sure, The pidgeon chess around here is boring. Yahoo chess is a nice place.

Fennario

#573845 Aug 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
what "church" was responsible for Deb feeling as she dies even though she explained to you that she came to her beliefs on her own?
The Christian church, assuming she's a Christian.

This usage if the word still eludes you, doesn't it? You might want to consider bellying up on this, too.
Bongo

Central Islip, NY

#573846 Aug 17, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The moment you have replicators, you have evolution. I can further explain this if you so desire.
Youre probably busy but if you have time you can explain at Kitano.

Fennario

#573847 Aug 17, 2013
Lamchop wrote:
It is an interesting thread.
I agree, and have said so often.

But you should have seen it before the recent wave of skeptics got here six or so months ago. It was like a church tea in a cemetery at night in here - except not as dynamic, unless Lil Whisker's had gotten into the "remedy" and went a little freaky.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#573848 Aug 17, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> RT would you like to dance?...Ive got a new pair of cargo pants.
Can I pick the music?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#573849 Aug 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I hear Jesus used to go around saying that sort of stuff.
Quite the intellectual argument there.
Childish, actually.
Maybe the devil made you do it.
Scar told me I forgot to include it.

So I did it for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 573,736
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Wyle E Coyote 809,046
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 39,602
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min onemale 268,808
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? 19 min spider1954 13
Moses never existed 34 min HipGnosis 1,268
bless the jews (Nov '08) 43 min New life ahead 7,119
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr My name is Ashok ... 5,624
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 9 hr hehehe7385 17
More from around the web