|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you would accept Bongo's hug? He seems quite willing to find someone to hug.
That's it, yeah yeah yeahhh http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Yes, of course I remember that.
Glad your transition went so well. My wife and I are very happy with our Mexican life, and hope you and yours are and will continue to be as well.
It's still difficult adjusting to a open tolerant society.
Smoking hash on a sidewalk cafe, having coffee, conversation, while passerby's ignore.

Surreal after years of hiding everywhere else except Jamaica'

The weather and language are the greatest obstacles.

We have been able to really enjoy Europe.
Rail is superb.

Most weekends are spent out of town exploring
The cathedral in Koln is fascinating. 14th century bldg that took 11 WWII bombs and stands.

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the prostitute is able to deliver the product contracted for.
LOLOL!

And I thought it was that they both screwed people for money.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

agapaoHope wrote:
they have a different interpretation of scripture than I do
I've found that each reader of the bible has his or her own understanding of what it means according to which of a set of conflicting scriptures he chooses to take as literally true, and which she calls metaphor or inactivated. For example, Lamchop recently referred to a Commandment against killing, but somebody else told us that the Old Testament only applies to Jews, and another said just one tribe of Jews.
agapaoHope wrote:
As for your comment regarding a dictator --- maybe if you look again with fresh eyes - see it instead as a written guideline ...
I wasn't actually calling your god a dictator there, but that word applies, doesn't it? After all, they're called Commandments, and heaven isn't really a democracy.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

agapaoHope wrote:
... that guides us into better treatment toward others- for a higher purpose than 'self'.
What higher purpose than self are you referring to? Trifecta told us that the purpose of life is to save your own soul.
agapaoHope wrote:
Gods promises and 'rules' are meant to protect us from each other and our own selves too.
Those rules seem to be mostly about protecting us from the wrathful judgment of the god, such as rules against blasphemy and fornication.

You probably know that before secularists criminalized it, people were actually burning other people alive based on their understanding of those rules.

Secular humanist values seem to do a better job of protecting us from one another. Are you aware of the positive correlation between religiosity and crime in America? How do you account for that?

It's pretty difficult to make a rational argument for being a Christian unless there really is a hell.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them. The word translated into English as "spirit" (and into Greek) is the Hebrew word for "breath".
It is clear in the root (from the Latin spiritus) of the English word for breathing, "respiration", that "spirit" is breath in Latin as well.
they know nothing about the bible

most only know a little apologetic

and that they are the favorite of the god
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
"Thou shalt not kill" is often an ignored commandment.
Ironic!

Have you forgotten this?

THE 'holy' MASSACRES

1- The entire population of the earth at the time of Noah, except for eight survivors.(Genesis 7:23)

And if that wasn't enough...

2- Everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah.(Genesis 19:24,25)
3- Amalek and his people.(Exodus 17:816)
4- 3,000 Israelites.(Exodus 32:27,28)
5- 14,700 Jews.(Numbers 16:4449)
6- The people of Og. "So they smote him, and his sons, and all his people, until there was none left him alive: and they possessed his land." (Numbers 21:3335)
7- 24,000 people.(Numbers 25:49)
8- All Midianite males.(Numbers 31:612)
9- The Ammonites.(Deuteronomy 2:1921)
10-The Horims.(Deuteronomy 2:22)
11-The Amorites. "…utterly destroyed the men and the women and the little ones." (Deuteronomy 2:3335)
12-The Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. "... thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them;" (Deuteronomy 7:15)
13- Everyone in Jericho but one family.(Joshua 6:2025)
14-12,000 people of Ai.(Joshua 8:1929)
15-All the people of Makkedah.(Joshua 10:28)
16-All the people of Libnah.(Joshua 10:29,30)
17-All the people of Gezer.(Joshua 10:33)
18-All the people of Eglon.(Joshua 10:34,35)
19-All the people of Hebron.(Joshua 10:36,37)
20-10,000 Perizzites and Canaanites.(Judges 1:4)
21-All the inhabitants of the land of Goshen "... neither left they any to breathe." (Joshua 11:1216)
22-The inhabitants of Hormah, Gaza, Askelon, Ekron.(Judges 1:1719)
23-10,000 Moabites.(Judges 3:29)
24-600 Philistines.(Judges 3:31)
25-All the hosts of Sisera.(Judges 4:16)
26-120,000 Midianites.(Judges 8:10)
27-1,000 Philistines.(Judges 15:15)
28-25,100 Benjaminites.(Judges 20:35)
29-50,070 people of Bethshemesh.(1 Samuel 6:19)
30-All the Amalekites. "Slay both man and woman, infant and suckling…." (1 Samuel 15:37)
31-200 Philistine men, in order to obtain their foreskins as the price for buying a bride.(1 Samuel 18:27)
32-22,000 Syrians.(2 Samuel 8:5)
33-40,000+ Syrians.(2 Samuel 10:18)
34-The Ammonites of Rabbah, who were tortured to death by the great King David.(2 Samuel 12:2931)
35-70,000 people.(2 Samuel 24:15)
36-Every man in Edom.(1 Kings 11:15)
37-All the prophets of Baal.(1 Kings 18:40)
38-127,000 Syrians.(1 Kings 20:2830)
39-Moabite captains & "fifties." (2 Kings 1:914)
40-42 children, eaten by bears.(2 Kings 2:23,24)
41-185,000 Assyrians killed in their sleep.(2 Kings 19:35)
42-500,000 men of Israel.(2 Chronicles 13:1620)
43-20,000 Edomites.(2 Chronicles 25:11,12)
44-120,000 Judeans in one day.(2 Chronicles 28:5,6)
45-75,500+ people.(Esther 9:1214)

;)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Right but John shows the Word was the Son, sent to us by the Father.
If life itself that God breathed into every living creature is the Holy Spirit, then how are unbelievers alive? The Holy Spirit is only given to believers.
Acts 2:38
38 Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
you do not comprehend that which you read

is it "the holy spirit as a gift"

or

"the gift of the holy spirit"

Skum you are dense
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being sarcastic, they taught me to think for myself.
I have my opinion and you have yours. I can not, and have no desire, to force my opinions on you.
I find nothing of value in golfing, many do. I do not hate them or demean for that. In your atheist opinion is there much of a difference between golf and the belief in God ?
Some tell me I am missing the point of golf, I don't think there is a point to it.
Do you think there is a point to religious beliefs ?
Fair enough didn't know that lamchop

I wouldn't call myself an atheist- I'm irreligious.

Golf?

I know people really enjoy golf. ;)

However, I view most golf courses as a waste of prime real estate.,)

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
My element? Sorry, but that's your element. That's just Muslims and Christians at play. American Christians feel exactly the same way about Muslims in America:
"US mosque burned to ground"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nor...
"Hecklers Cheer Burning Of Tennessee Mosque At Muslim Outreach Forum"
http://thinkprogress.org/security/2013/06/13/...
"California Muslim Mother Beaten To Death, Left With Note Saying ‘Go Back To Your Country, You Terrorist’"
http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/03/25/...
You're no better than they are.
How dare you attempt to implicate people like me in that kind of religious brutality. That's theist against theist. I'm a secular humanist.
It didn't take you long to slip into victim mode, did it?
Actually Shaima Alawadi was murdered by her family, who made it look like a hate crime. Her husband has been charged.

Whatever they say about the American way, it's better than some cultures.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you would accept Bongo's hug? He seems quite willing to find someone to hug.
Naw, I'm good.

No, not really.

I have a headache, so...

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

agapaoHope wrote:
The noun Agape means God’s pure unconditional Love
I'm confused about why you call your god's love unconditional. There seems to be conditions that if not met land you in hell.
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
My code for living these days is more Shakespeare - "the milk of human kindness". U do find it in some unlikely places.
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense and to the same extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." ~H.L. Mencken

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Lamchop wrote:
My parents were atheist yet we still had Christmas. A train set under the tree instead of a nativity scene. More of a Nordic Heritage day than a religious festival.
<quoted text>
Being an atheist doesn't mean u can't believe in Santa.
:D

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
We did. It was a nice conversation about fishing.
Why are you so adversarial ?
It's RH's nature to annoy, for the heck of it.

Off to the gym, my friend.
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Lamchop wrote:
There is even less evidence for a historical Socrates.
All we have is stories about Socrates from Plato and Xenophon.
Where do you wish to draw the line ?
<quoted text>
You should find this both funny and true!

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Yours in 'Christ' only if 'Allah' is willing and 'Krishna' has received Buddha's certified approval from Zeus.
Shalom ;)

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
Here is some disturbing news. Pentacostal Christians are instructing their HIV-infected members to give up their antivirals in favor of prayer.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23729684
Clearly these people need more education in biological science.
A person's immune system is very effective at finding and killing the virus - prior to full blown AIDS, an infected person's body kills 10 to the 9 viruses every day. Unfortunately the virus is faster. It reproduces at 10 to the 10 in human bodies, daily.
So HIV is under intense selection pressure when inside a person. It literally evolves to best survive individual immune systems. Antivirals stop HIV from reproducing as effectively, but they're not perfect - some viruses can (imperfectly) reproduce in their presence. So the antivirals produce an additional selection pressure within a human body - and they rely upon the immune system "mopping up" the few HIV that can reproduce in their presence.
When the selection pressure of the antivirals is removed, the viruses that are best poised to reproduce are the ones the antivirals couldn't kill. So you suddenly have what's called the "founder effect" taking place. HIV that is predisposed to resist antivirals make up the majority of the HIV present in a person's body when they are taking antivirals.
Antiviral suddenly gone, these resistant viruses come to dominate in the HIV population.
Let's say our young Christian patient discusses the situation with his doctor - who is horrified! The doctor tells the patient "get back on your medicine." But it's too late - that patient now has resistant HIV in their body; their medicine will be ineffective.
So the above Pentacostal Christians are going to kill their HIV members with faith based advice. Reliance on prayer will be utterly ineffective against HIV/AIDS. Moreover, they are helping HIV evolve to beat our medicines.
To Creationists: this is the danger of your willful ignorance. Evolution is a reality. Not understanding it has the potential to create not only individual suffering, but immense danger to all of us. Drug resistant HIV evolved. It won't go away.
Shocking stuff! At least hara-kiri would be relatively quick.

Back when I went to church, they told us HIV was divine retribution.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
We did. It was a nice conversation about fishing.
Why are you so adversarial ?
Because you're an exposed fraud.

I recognize you're writing style, G_O_D.

Grow the f_ck up, man.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Where did that come from?

You seem to have a stick up your butt today:)
I was asking a simple question without any insult or anything, and you go around throwing insults at me.
I see you're constantly on attack mode, even if no one is attacking.

You didn't even answer the question, so obviously, you don't know if your interpretation of the bible is correct.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>You know little and presume far too much.

I am a Christian and you don't like it. I suggest you complain to God for making such a big mistake.
Skom likes to attack anyone who asks questions or is present in reality with logic.
Skom is always in attack mode, and will only play nice with very few people, most of them being extremely hateful like himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

551 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Michael 532,491
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Aura Mytha 720,354
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min shyam 4,573
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 93,674
Last Word + 2 10 min Richies Cool Man Diary 30
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Dave Nelson 224,060
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Strength and Honor 172,286
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 21 min Helga 72
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••