In that case it murder.
tonto say you not talk good.
Neb Senu

Upper Darby, PA

#573576 Aug 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 4:10
Monotheistic perhaps in the sense of who we serve and recognize as the one true God
The Bible doesn't claim there are not other gods. Only that for Christians there is only one that is to be followed and honored. Only one who we consider the true God
A United States citizen doesn't claim there are no laws that exist outside of our country. But we only recognize our own law as binding on citizens while residing here. Just as Christians don't claim there are no other gods outside of the Father. But He is the one we are under and the only one we recognize as the one true God. There would be no need to qualify "true" if there were no other gods
No, this one true god that christians stole from the Hebrews was meant ONLY for the Hebrews.
The god YHWH that the Israelites began to worship from the beginning of the 1st millenia BCE to now was originally worshipped by the Midianites
Read the story of Moses.

Prior to that the patriarchal Hebrews were polytheistic.
Imhotep

United States

#573577 Aug 17, 2013
Neb Senu wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So A&E would have been better off living immortality in sheer ignorance?
Please!
One dr Shrink on this planet is enough.
The dr stink variety of JesusRoach© is one of my favorite lunatics. A virtual poster child for atheism and a embarrassment to any TrueChristian™

Pure comedy fodder

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#573578 Aug 17, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> But if I used it I would be dishonest.
Well of course it's dishonest.

I think most pick-up lines are.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#573579 Aug 17, 2013
Lamchop wrote:
Even when Jesus walked the Earth few listened to him.
Even his disciples often got confused.
And of his closest companions, one betrayed him to his death, one denied him three times as Jesus died and one refused to believe he arose from the tomb without tangible proof.
Jesus made it clear several times that it was almost impossible to get into Heaven.
If a perfect deity created a perfect message for the beings it desired to to follow and perfectly worship the perfect deity.

The perfect deity would ensure the perfect message was perfectly conveyed, since, according to the perfect stories, the perfect deity desires all the beings that it desires to worship it, in deed or action, to worship it perfectly.

It wouldn't allow the message to be imperfectly understood. The message would be perfectly clear.

It wouldn't allow the perfect message to be misunderstood, since the perfect deity desires all beings to perfectly worship it based on the perfect message it provided, perfectly.

If there are multiple conflicting and divergent understandings and misunderstandings of the supposedly perfect message of the perfect deity, then the message isn't the message of a perfect deity, or there isn't a perfect deity, since there has never been a perfectly understood message from a perfect deity.

If this perfect deity existed, it wouldn't allow its desires, or its message to be thwarted by the imperfect trickster deity the perfect deity created, perfectly. The perfect deity wouldn't allow the perfectly created imperfect trickster deity to trick the beings it created to worship it perfectly, to be tricked, deceived or misled into worshiping false deities.

Those aren't the actions of a perfect deity that desires perfect worship, from the beings it created to worship it, perfectly.

But, that is the case with most perfect deity mythologies, and that seems odd.

Since a perfect deity can only create perfection, according to the allegedly perfect books, that the allegedly perfect deity left to perfectly follow, so the beings could worship the perfect deity, perfectly.

That are nowhere to be found.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#573580 Aug 17, 2013
I don't speak for God, I simply believe God.
[QUOTE who="It aint necessarily so"]<quoted text>
When you chose to speak as a god. You indicated that your salvation was a sure thing, as if you would be judging yourself on Judgment Day.
My Salvation is a sure thing <shrugs>. A Christian is assured and confident in that fact based on their individual and personal life journey with Jesus Christ.

I can't say that for any other Christian, but I can say that for me. And as long as I can say that for me---no one else opinion matter.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#573582 Aug 17, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a young hottie.
Remember the pick-up line.....
Is this a test? Uh...let's see...

"is that a mirror in your pocket?"

"no, why?"

"because I'd really like to see myself there."

That one? No? You're pretty direct. Maybe this one:

"What time do you get off?"

"About 11."

"Why don't I get you off at 10?"

Some stable somewhere

#573583 Aug 17, 2013
Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case it murder.
Not yet, though.

Some stable somewhere

#573584 Aug 17, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, pal. OK.
If Lamchop is God, then who is Jesus?
Neb Senu

Upper Darby, PA

#573585 Aug 17, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
He only did the first one!
Too busy being:
Doctor, Architect, High Priest, Scribe and Vizier to King Djoser
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/imhot...
Yeah, Imho was one smart dude.
Somewhat like Ben Franklin and his multiple contributions.

Perhaps he was the first gangsta?
lol

Thanks for the link. I especially love that part where it states that some of the early christians considered Imhotep one with christ.

Now THAT is a mind blower!

:)
Imhotep

United States

#573586 Aug 17, 2013
Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
Human sacrifice is an abomination to God.
Whether as an allegory or not, a disgusting story is told about raping a woman to death:

" The man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go." (Judges 19:25)

Her "lord" finds her dead in the morning. "And when he was come into his house, he took a knife, and laid hold on his concubine, and divided her, together with her bones, into twelve pieces." (Judges 19:29)

Would you read this story to your 12-year-old?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#573587 Aug 17, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you speaking for your god?
You seem to think that you can compel your god to submit to your will. When I was a Christian, I had enough respect for the deity I imagined that I was worshiping not to make an arrogant comment like that. I would have thought that I was tempting and defying it.
"And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." - Luke 4:12
You don't seem to take that stuff any more seriously than I do.
My Salvation is 100% assured. If you think that's speaking for God well, so be it.

Oh you had respect for a Deity you believe is a myth?

oy!lol!, Jackazz.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#573588 Aug 17, 2013
simplyput wrote:
God, through our Lord Jesus Christ is the only one I believe we should confess our SINS to.
How about apologizing for them to the person you "sinned" against? In my experience, that step mostly gets skipped in what appears to be a form of self-forgiveness, or forgiveness on demand.

Many of the Christians on this thread do that. They seem to think that once they've muttered at the ceiling fan, all is forgiven and they have no further duty.

In the secular ethics, you're not forgiven until the one you've offended forgives you.

Some stable somewhere

#573589 Aug 17, 2013
Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
Human sacrifice is an abomination to God.
Your religion confuses me. Why is it ok for "God" to sacrifice a person (Jesus) but not ok for people?

Please don't get me wrong, I don't believe in any of this stuff. I'm just curious about how you can think such things.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#573590 Aug 17, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He died and left his family to sort out the details.
I don't think you are considered a Christian here either.
To add; If you aren't considered a Christian here, or anywhere, you are barely considered to be a human, by many Christians you encounter.

Some stable somewhere

#573591 Aug 17, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well of course it's dishonest.
I think most pick-up lines are.
Baby, that was just pillow talk.
Neb Senu

Upper Darby, PA

#573592 Aug 17, 2013
Lamchop wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus became a living being from God's breath just like we all are and everything around us.
Jesus was born of woman just like all of us.
yes, Jesus was born of a woman which means that he had the gift of sinning.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#573596 Aug 17, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't you say something like 'people that hear a loud voice from the clouds should seek help'?
"-from a psychiatrist," yes, I did say that.
How does hearing a loud voice from the clouds translate to praying?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Rosesz 646,481
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min T-Town Anon 48,353
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 8 min andet1987 2,026
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min Toby 105,563
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 54 min The Hangman 971,617
Incest 1 hr Sick 9
hookups gh.for everyone 1 hr HOOKUPS FOR EVERYONE 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Freebird USA 182,639
More from around the web