Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#569754 Aug 9, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative.
Breeding a prized stallion with a prized mare is very different than manipulating genes in a lab.
You are still an idiot.

Do you even know what genes and DNA even is ?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#569755 Aug 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Rosa, and not just mine.
[1] "Marijuana cuts lung cancer tumor growth in half, Harvard study shows"
http://current.com/community/89799784_marijua...
[2] "Is a Cure Coming? Marijuana Compound Stops Aggressive Cancers"
http://www.care2.com/causes/is-a-cure-coming-...
[3] "The endocannabinoid system and multiple sclerosis - cannabinoids may not only offer symptom control but may also slow the neurodegenerative disease progression that ultimately leads to the accumulation of disability."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18781983
[4] "Combining Components of Marijuana Enhances Inhibitory Effects on Brain Cancer"
http://www.cpmc.org/about/press/news2010/thc-...
[5] "Marijuana could prevent Alzheimer’s"
http://qbit.cc/marijuana-could-prevent-alzhei...
[6] "Andrew Weil: Medical Marijuana's Tremendous Potential for Curing Ailments"
http://archive.truthout.org/andrew-weil-medic...
[7] "105 Peer-Reviewed Studies on Marijuana"
http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resou...
[8] "Marijuana Is Safer: So Why Are We Driving People to Drink?"
http://www.lewrockwell.com/armentano-p/arment...
[9] "News Every Pothead Must Know"
http://news.menshealth.com/news-every-pothead...
When I was making house calls for hospice, visiting the terminally ill, I frequently saw bags of pot on the night stand beside the portable hospital bed along with all of the bottles of prescribed medications. These were often 70- and 80-something year olds that had never used pot recreationally, but were using it medicinally, undoubtedly at the recommendation of a grandchild.
It is medicine, and a lot safer than competing prescription drugs. It's also fun, and inexpensive to produce.
But never mind all of that. As Riverside Redneck notes, it's an illegal narcotic.
It's good on pizza with white cheese too!
It's called "cheez'n pot pie".

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#569756 Aug 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone spoke of annihilation as a belief for what hell is but posted an article about eternal suffering, I would never just leave it at they were wrong. The honest thing to do would be to let them know there is such a theory, however they posted the wrong one. So I can only assume Ians is unaware that there are two theories being promoted by scientists and the other theory would be more in line with the universe ceasing to exist.
The theory your article talked about is called "heat death"
However there is another theory which is called the Big Crunch
That theory proposes "at some point, the universe, which had been expanding, will begin contracting, rushing inward, so that all matter and energy will eventually squash together into a singularity, where mass has no volume and space and time stop."
Both theories can be found here:
http://season1.closertotruth.com/topics/unive...
you misunderstand

and

those are not theories

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#569757 Aug 9, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.
there is one who posts here regularly, the words of others as if their own wisdom;
praying loudly, standing in the synagogue of this thread, braying her claim of faith
Karl,

A lot gets by you doesn't it?

Epi posts a "prayer of the day"

It is from a source that provides a different prayer each day

She even lists the source which is: Prime time with God

It is a daily inspirational

She posts that prayer so that others may read it and if they so wish, make that prayer. If they do so, they would be doing so in private.

Tomorrow I will be explaining how different variations of change make up a dollar. Be sure to tune in:)

Location hidden

#569758 Aug 9, 2013
karl44 wrote:
raping 12 yr olds is Christian
There was no sex act and it was consensual.

The entire idea of the VIRGIN birth is that Mary was a VIRGIN who despite never having sex, miraculously was able to give birth to a child.

If God can create a universe and people without a sex act, surely he would be capable of creating a single child within Mary

Later on today I will explain the difference between dog food and people food. I will give you a bit of a sneak peak. It helps to look at the pictures. But all that and more will be a little later on. Be sure to tune in

Monday I will teach you what order to close the toilet bowl lid in. It will be called "before or after?"

I am here to help you Karl:)

Satan is the one true god

Since: Aug 13

Las Vegas, NV

#569759 Aug 9, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
wooo..iyai!! you is hot one writer..you blazing and you not even have 50 writings yet. You may want to tame your energy a little bit--at the rate you going you might break something by you reach 100 oy!<quoted text>aye! them things in the dishwasher you think Satan would approve since you say "Satan is the one true god"?? that what I asking you "satan is the one true god"...lol.
let me answer that by posting the cardinal sin of satan for you to read:

1. Stupidity—The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.

Location hidden

#569760 Aug 9, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you flucking serious?!
You mentioned toilets. That's a creation...
Dumb atheists, OMG.
No. That's just the act of rearranging compounds and chemicals into something different. The basic elements were not "created" when the "toilet" was engineered and produced.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#569761 Aug 9, 2013
Satan is the one true god wrote:
<quoted text>
another perv into bestiality I see...
so "Satan is the one true god" what do you think "the one true god Satan" opinion would be on beastiality?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#569762 Aug 9, 2013
I wanted to share a recent email exchange between a close buddy of mine since high school

========

Here's some of what [Paul] Kurtz was talking about

"Nearly 8 in 10 Americans Believe in Angels": Belief is primarily tied to religion, with 88 percent of Christians, 95 percent of evangelical Christians and 94 percent of those who attend weekly religious services of any sort saying they believe in angels."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57347634/...

"Poll Finds More Americans Believe in the Devil than Darwin"
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2007/11/29/us-u...

FOX poll numbers for Americans who believe in

God -- 91%
Heaven -- 87%
Miracles -- 84%
Angels -- 79%
Hell -- 75%
Devil -- 67%

It looks like astrology (37%), ghosts (34%), reincarnation (27%) and witches (24%) have got some public relations work to do to catch up, but I'm not sure why the skepticism about vampires (4%)-- how else would you explain Romney?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,173838,00...

How about June 2007 Gallup poll -- 66% of Americans believe it is definitely or probably true (vs. 31% definitely or probably false) that God created human beings pretty much in their present form sometime within the last 10,000 years.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/21814/evolution-cr...

So what do you think? Are you ready to be judged by a jury of your "peers"?

========== Begin IANS' reply:

What a wasteland.

And what a paradox America is. It practically invented political freedom, but was the last Western democracy to give up slavery, and then only at gunpoint. And though it is the first such nation to have a black head of state, it will probably be the last to have a female one.

I can help but believe that the ascendance of fundamentalist religion and conservatism in our time is correlated with America swirling down the shitter.

When we were born, America was a winner. It's visions were great and its reach greater. America succeeded in recovering from a great depression, and was successful in World War II. The Manhattan Project was a huge success. Its Marshall Plan was a huge success. Social Security and Medicare were successes. Kennedy pointed at the moon and America got there in less than a decade.

Today, America can't tie its shoes without tripping. It's failure after failure. Vietnam was a failure. Iraq was a failure. 9/11 was a failure. Afghanistan is a failure.

The banking and mortgage fiasco was a huge failure. Katrina was a huge failure. The Gulf oil spill was a huge failure. Both political parties are failures. The infrastructure is failing. America's schools are a failure.

The economy was on life support with entire industries needing massive bailouts, and remains is in recession with high unemployment, massive debt, and continual threats of insolvency. The manufacturing base is gone. The middle class and the economic opportunities we enjoyed are evaporating.

America is losing its scientific competitiveness, and it can't get off the mark off with the global climate problem. Presidents are above the law and the Constitution has been replaced by the USA Patriot Act

What works? Clinton had a win for five minutes when he balanced the budget, but the forces of FAIL prevailed, and that was almost immediately lost. The loans to the auto industry might have been a save, but not a win. Likewise with the stimulus, which may have partially mitigated the huge Bush failures.

Somebody should come up with a hypothesis for how that happened. How does a nation go from so competent to so incompetent in a generation or two? A run of bad luck?

Anyway, how 'bout them Dodgers!

Location hidden

#569763 Aug 9, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you misunderstand
and
those are not theories
Karl,

Did you even read the article? It is very short.

This is the first sentence:

"WILL this universe ever end? If so, how? There are two basic theories, neither pleasant."

What is the word that comes right after "basic"?

Location hidden

#569764 Aug 9, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this one of your "daffynition" thingies?
Nope. That's your forte...which you are trying to project onto me.

Location hidden

#569765 Aug 9, 2013
Edit: first line. Second sentence

Location hidden

#569766 Aug 9, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
RiversideHick wrote:
Ya but, I read past the OT, so.....
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
When you study American history, do you stop at the slave markets and scream about how American still has slave markets?
O_o
You gotsta keep reading.
So, are you saying your deity changes according to the social dictates of men?
That would be what happened in the advent of the "good" christ vs the evil YHWH.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#569767 Aug 9, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You expected different ?
LOL
*sigh*

Well, I remain unastonished, anyway.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#569768 Aug 9, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative.
Breeding a prized stallion with a prized mare is very different than manipulating genes in a lab.
It's manipulating genes in a paddock. Takes longer, but the same thing.
This is a well-understood phenomenon.

You're not a farm boy, are you?

Location hidden

#569769 Aug 9, 2013
I wanted to share a recent email exchange between a close buddy of mine since high school
Thta's quite a coincidence. Despite the fact you were a Christian in High School, you just happened to remain friends with someone that now falls into the same 1-4% of the population that you are in now? You sure this old buddy from High School isn't kind of like that priest selling tithes stories where he held a funeral for a guy he thought was going to hell because he was gay?

:)
========== Begin IANS' reply:
NOW it makes sense. You just needed an excuse to preface more of your pontificating. You post your own constitutions. Your own blogs. You own long-winded opinions about religion.

Which is it btw? Is it just the validation you crave so much when the usual few people will say "great post Ians" no matter what is in it or do you actually believe there is an audience for this outside of the same 5 people?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#569771 Aug 9, 2013
Hey Aura... sorry 'bout that. Fell asleep there...
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree on everything save this small thing written below here.V
"Based upon your "beliefs" and faith in that declaration."
I so not base much on any belief and shun any faith other than faith that can be applied to measurable terms, such as people
and/or things known to exist in the physical reality.
Examples could include but not limited to , I have faith in my sons that they will become good men.
I have faith that a cataclysmic disaster will not totally destroy civilization in the foreseeable future.
Understood.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>What I specifically mean by god being no more than a wish, is
saying there is no evidence in determining that the concept of a creator, except in yours and all believers minds.
From a Believer's (Christian) perspective... it's spiritually discerned.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Hence your faith is no more than a wish and not based on rational thought.
I can understand why you will feel that way based upon my own beliefs. Hence the discussion a few days ago concerning I Corinthians 2:14. I'll use a different version that may be, "perhaps" a little less offensive:

"The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness (basically, crazy talk), and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit."

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#569772 Aug 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Your knowledge of the bible is terrible
I think my knowledge of the bible is pretty good. Why wouldn't it be? I'm pretty good with books, and I've read that one several times.

Plus, the only ones criticizing my knowledge of the bible are assorted Internet Christians who can't agree with one another about what the book means.

Let's quiz you on your bible knowledge:

[1] What were Jesus' very last words?
[2] Is man saved by faith or works?
[3] Can men be righteous?
[4] Have men seen God
[5] Is every word from God true?
[6] Does God grow tired or weary?
[7] When asked by the Sanhedrin if he was Messiah, what was Jesus' reply?

We can meet for lunch at the atheist cafeteria to discuss this. I'll treat you to some humble pie.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#569773 Aug 9, 2013
@ Aura,

Edit previous: "Based upon my own beliefs (my perspective)... I can understand why you feel that way (that our beliefs in God is wishful from your perspective.)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#569774 Aug 9, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Infidel!
Allah willing you shall be denied paradise!
I suspect you used to be Riverside redneck am I correct?
This very short poignant poem addressed to Allah should awaken you...
Dear Allah – A Poem
Written by Hassan. A narration by Nesrin
http://youtube.com/#/watch...
Dear Allah,
I hope you get this letter, as I’m in a great deal of doubt.
I don’t get your Divine Plan, what’s it all about?
There you are, before a creation to fill
Nothing but Allah, he, himself and his will,
Perhaps you were lonely, though even then you knew.
You’d create angels, to obey and worship you.
Maybe this wasn’t enough, you were not amused,
But why you created Satan, just leaves me bemused
You gave man a mind and a freewill to choose
Then demanded he believe in irrational, contradictory clues
While keeping yourself hidden from all verification
Threatening torture if we don’t prostrate in supplication
You sent prophets and books to a patch of land
And miracles galore to that sacred area of sand
But before man can scientifically record and corroborate
You decide communications must now mysteriously terminate
You say you are testing mankind — to see who is true
Though saint and sinner, you already knew
But worse than this is the consequence of this test
It’s results are iniquitous — perverse at best
Those, who accept on faith, myths handed down
Will enjoy eternal bliss and never have to frown
While those who insist on reasoning with their brain
Will be sent to the fire of Hell to suffer eternal pain
Dear Allah none of this makes sense to me
Please tell me if there is something I’ve failed to see
And I don’t understand when so many suffer and die
What is the reason — I cannot see why?
Was it a test for the baby, her father or mother
Or was she sacrificed to test someone other?
When you planned all this did you count every tear
Was your ultimate purpose that we tremble in fear
And when all are in Heaven or Hell — as dictated by fate
Will you sit back on your throne to shouts of “Allah is Great”?
Sounds rather familiar doesn't it!
No, not at all.

Hassan, Allah, infidel..... Nope

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min Brian_G 646,378
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 23 min Brian_G 15
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min Annaleigh 105,564
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 30 min USA-1 38,746
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 39 min Insults Are Easier 48,226
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min Brian_G 971,603
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 46 min Brian_G 445,695
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr bad bob 182,627
More from around the web