“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#569458 Aug 8, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
he has both education, and intellect
it is most discouraging to see, how deeply he is a fundie,
and how profoundly unethical is his true philosophy.
I agree, Karl. True Truth was quite disheartening, but on the order of Rider on the Storm and Hick-up, if you know them, but an academic.

His thinking was pretty damaged. He was pro-religion - any religion. He took the Christian's part, even though he was Muslim, arguing against unbelievers about how useful the Christians were to the world, but couldn't provide much in the way of support or specifics. He just knew that the Christians had to be doing good. I guess they told him. He apparently prefers people who worship a rival god to those with no god at all, undoubtedly due to some Muslim teaching that puts Muslims above Christians, and unbelievers (infidels) beneath Christians.

The Holocaust denier stuff was news to me. You've got to be pretty analytically and morally bereft to to buy into it or disseminate that stuff.

But how that distinguishes him to Hiding was what was of interest to me. I thought he was pretty much par for the course.

Stumpjohn at Atheists on the March in America gets my vote for the least likeable theist on Topix.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#569459 Aug 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you and I are on the same page here. I just replied to RR, at length.
It's like teaching a genetically modified porcine based creature to vocalize in an unatural frequency pattern, isn't it ?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#569461 Aug 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
We used to think they were infected by a frog or a small goblin living inside their stomach, but now we know it's actually an evil spirit. So the treatment regimen has changed.
WELL! That's jist such a relief!
Do I gotta come ta China ta get defrogged or degoblinated?
Will you meet me at the airport? Somebody's gotta carry the 100 gallon keg ya know...
You ain't got them revenuer fellas there do ya? They won't let me take my gun on the airplane no more(ever since I shot that guy what tried ta steal my "free" drink sis.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#569462 Aug 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
The only benefit I get from any of this is an education, some entertainment, and the satisfaction that comes from doing the right thing for the right reasons.
<quoted text>
It is a civil/human rights issue. It's one of the reason Christianity needs attacking and shrinking.
<quoted text>
It's amazing how you want to compartmentalize your church's obstruction of the rights of gay people into either a support of gay rights issue or an opposition to the church issue. It's both. People like me resist the church's injustice, intolerance, and unkindness in support of one of the groups of people that it oppresses.
First of all it isn't a 'church' issue. That is just your bigotry talking. What official church teaching tells people to be unkind to someone who is gay?

And it is a societal issue. You are the one who wants to narrow the focus because the only reason you care is because you try to exploit the issue to stereotype billions of people and further your bigoted agenda

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#569463 Aug 8, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Ben(son of)Adam - did you know that just like Abraham and Isaac, adam also had 2 sons who were represenatives of the 2 seperate and opposing kingdoms?
adam: cain - abel(replaced by seth)
abraham: ishmael - isaac
isaac: esau - jacob/israel
shall we call you more appropriatley "BenCain"?
schooled again by the Holy Spirit educated wasup;)
That made no sense.

Are you asking to have sex with me ? That is what most of your post are about.

Fennario

#569465 Aug 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see this? Why science works - it leants. And Kudos to Doc Gupta. http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/08/health/gupt...
Hi, IANS.
Hiya, Mac.Good to see you here.

That's unbelievable naivety from Gupta. I'm glad for him and the article, but Jesus Christ - he didn't know marijuana was benign and has legitimate medicinal value? It was about the best medicine available to the terminally ill. It treats anxiety, pain, nausea, sleeplessness, and loss of appetite with no virtually no adverse effects in most cases. That puts in among the top three medicines you'd want on a desert island, along with a good antibiotic and morphine.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#569466 Aug 8, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I agree completely. In fact a little bit from when I wrote this I said if honesty is behind a conversation and not simply the need to be right things usually take care of themselves. We all let our pride become a factor at times but I bet people would be near unanimous in the opinion that its the honest exchanges that are much more enjoyable
(T) Peace
Well ya. Once ya git past the emperor's new cloths anyways.
Imhotep

United States

#569467 Aug 8, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
2 peter 3;10. PS 102;25-26. IS. 51;6.Rev 20;11
support this hipotese inhalation by Gods consumming inferno fire 2 Peter 3;12
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God,
WHEREIN THE UNIVERSES BEING ON FIRE SHALL BE DESOLVED,AND ALL THE ELEMENTS SHALL BE MELT WITH FERVENT HEAT,
Titus 2;13-15. Ps 50;3,Isaiah 24;19
whole Bible driping about inhalation Universe and earth by fire,
and all of you are so sick and stupid and mock Bible EVERYDAY
just all of you are stupid vermits,cockroaches, and dumb abominable creature live only in this moment?
Your church may think you're an ASSET but they're off by two letters!

YOU NEED TO TAKE A TEST!

Jesus Roach©

1. Do you believe in God?

A.Yes, I believe in the one TRUE God.
B.Yes, I have my own religious beliefs.
C.I'm not really sure but a sword to my throat would convince me.
D.Not, I prefer rationality.

2. Do you believe in MY God?
A. Oh totally.(That's a fine sword you have there).
B. Nah, I already have one of those.
C.There is no God. Gasp!
D. My ass itches

3. Do you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?

A. You bet! One time, two times, three times my savior!
B.Once in a while.
C. Jesus who?
D. No, I'll opt out. Jesus never existed.

4. Have you read the King James Bible?

A. Yes! Like OMG, it's my freaking life!
B. Yeah, it was decent.
C. Yes, but The Lord of the Rings was better.
D. I'd rather eat a thumbtack sandwich than read that rubbish.

5. The TRUE meaning of the 6th Commandment:

A. Thou shalt not kill anyone for any reason.
B.Thou shalt not kill anyone except for the people who don't believe in the same God you believe in or people who don't believe in God at all.
C. Thou shalt not kill except if they really piss you off.
D. Slay away! More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason in history.
E. God killed all life on earth, that he created, except 8 inexperienced shipbuilders, one if which is 900 years old!

The salvation of your eternal soul depends on how you answer the quiz.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#569468 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't see how the one sentence implies the other.
<quoted text>
Disagree with almost all of your assumptions there. The words are not what are disrespectful. The thoughts behind them might be. Vulgarity is in the eye of the beholder. How can the arrangements of four letters on a page be more vulgar than the sentiment behind them? How is seeing "fuck" more vulgar that "f*ck"? Was that instance of the word just now vulgar? The emotion behind it was not.
If people choose to be offended by profanity, nudity, or blasphemy, that's on them. None of those offend me.
when speaking with educated persons, there may be more powerful words in context; however the xtian rube will probably appreciate profanity and obscenity

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#569469 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I agree, Karl. True Truth was quite disheartening, but on the order of Rider on the Storm and Hick-up, if you know them, but an academic.
Aint that a bitch..........

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#569470 Aug 8, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you're not an anal bead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_bmj5EYNVkUXX
No kidding! Every day I wake up and pray to the gods of industrialization a thank you for that.

Oh, wait. Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't meant to insult you. I mean, wow, it's terrible if you're an anal bead. But...ah...but not terrible! I mean, hey, think of all the things you can do!

Oh, fudge. I can't dig up...

Location hidden

#569471 Aug 8, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
***Morning***
There is nothing noble
in being superior to your fellow man;
true nobility
is being superior to your former self.”
~ Ernest Hemingway
Thought for the Day
a rather hard evaluation of the christian ethos

Location hidden

#569472 Aug 8, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 9:6 - Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
Colossians 3:25 - But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
Matthew 25:41 - Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.
Romans 13:4 - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.
Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Exodus 21:17 - And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
Leviticus 20:14 - And if a man take a wife and her mother, it [is] wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.
Exodus 21:16 - And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.
Exodus 22:18 - Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
More?
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Ver...
<quoted text>
All I had to do was find some verses about punishment. How long do you think that took?
I don't want to burden someone with the task of explaining away every instance of dictatorship in the Bible.
Actually nobody would be burdened at all as nobody is required to answer your questions.

Now what was the purpose of you posting those verses? What are you claiming that contradicts?

And the Bible is clear we are no longer under Mosaic law. Please tell me you are not back to this old tactic of pretending nobody has told you that.

But what are you claiming you have demonstrated? What was in question? I generally don't read your posts when they have to do with your opinion of Christianity as you know little about it. I simply was talking to someone about the claim you could provide contradicting verses all day. So if you want to tell me what you are claiming I can probably help show you what you have misunderstood

Fennario

#569473 Aug 8, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Some diploid you are, maybe youre a haploid
Ouch!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#569474 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
His thinking was pretty damaged. He was pro-religion - any religion. He took the Christian's part, even though he was Muslim, arguing against unbelievers about how useful the Christians were to the world, but couldn't provide much in the way of support or specifics. He just knew that the Christians had to be doing good. I guess they told him. He apparently prefers people who worship a rival god to those with no god at all, undoubtedly due to some Muslim teaching that puts Muslims above Christians, and unbelievers (infidels) beneath Christians.
The Holocaust denier stuff was news to me. You've got to be pretty analytically and morally bereft to to buy into it or disseminate that stuff.
But how that distinguishes him to Hiding was what was of interest to me. I thought he was pretty much par for the course.
Stumpjohn at Atheists on the March in America gets my vote for the least likeable theist on Topix.
Par for the course for what, though? Muslims? I honestly don't know many. But I wouldn't say that religious people in general are going to be holocaust deniers.

I suppose a lot of them are science deniers, that's true. On another thread, LB just told me that evolution wasn't real because Einstein's work wasn't affected by it.

I couldn't stop laughing. You might come here to learn, and to teach, but I'm stunned at the failure of the American education system every time I read something like that.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#569475 Aug 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL! That's jist such a relief!
Do I gotta come ta China ta get defrogged or degoblinated?
Will you meet me at the airport? Somebody's gotta carry the 100 gallon keg ya know...
You ain't got them revenuer fellas there do ya? They won't let me take my gun on the airplane no more(ever since I shot that guy what tried ta steal my "free" drink sis.
sure! Let's go to China!

Uhm...we'll find guns there!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#569476 Aug 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding! Every day I wake up and pray to the gods of industrialization a thank you for that.
Oh, wait. Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't meant to insult you. I mean, wow, it's terrible if you're an anal bead. But...ah...but not terrible! I mean, hey, think of all the things you can do!
Oh, fudge. I can't dig up...
Just think if you were a pair of Doc Shrinks undies.......... Whoooo........Lots of fartin goin on with that guy. The only hope is you'd probably have a short shelf life..........

Location hidden

#569477 Aug 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Good post.
The Christians would have been much better off to have invented a god who is excellent but not perfect, and knows a more than any other mind, but not all. You couldn't hold it responsible for everything.
substitutional atonement

a glaring and huge moral failure delivered by the immoral god of war YHWH

Location hidden

#569478 Aug 8, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
when speaking with educated persons, there may be more powerful words in context; however the xtian rube will probably appreciate profanity and obscenity
Karl you are the last person who should be commenting on what people say in public given you wanted it to be mandatory jail for any Christian who says things you don't like online!

But let's focus on educated people. You claim you would vote for gay marriage yet one of the last times you were here tried indulging someone by telling then they take it up the rear like a woman.

So is it fair to say you see anybody engaging in that as less than a man? And do you even understand the conflicting message you are putting out?

Location hidden

#569479 Aug 8, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any reason why you failed to follow your guidebook?
This is excellent advice - all Christians should follow it - why don't they?
Matthew 6:6
And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.
Truly I say to you, They have their reward. But you, when you pray, enter into your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father which is in secret; and your Father which sees in secret shall reward you openly.
But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Yours in Christ provided Allah is willing and Krishna has Buddha's approval from Zeus.
Shalom ;)
amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Catcher1 866,034
White Lives MATTER 9 min RFD 116
The Christian Atheist debate 15 min spocko 2,122
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min Michael 600,205
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min Charlie Sheen 272,467
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 49 min RainbowLength 47
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 54 min curtjester1 40,914
More from around the web