Bongo

Westbury, NY

#569324 Aug 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm for Dante.
Dante 1.
Milton 1.
What about Skom 1 and Dave 1 they both seem to have successfully won some arguments with you . Ive seen judges favor incompetent legalmen in malpractice claims citing they don't have to do a excellent job only a mediocre one

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#569325 Aug 8, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course he is not. I'm sure Hawking would agree with you. But the religious cult members on this thread that thinks just because Hawking is real so anything he writes must be real---see him as a religious leader. Because what he wrote lately is all fantasy and is not based on any shred of evidence. And to believe him, that person is religious.
what writing?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#569326 Aug 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called Sheol.
Why do you listen to dumb ass Christians who don't even know shit about their own religion ?
<smile>
I remember my Jewish friends telling me that hell didn't exist.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#569327 Aug 8, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
scrape your shoe
there is some stuck yo the outside edge
He chooses that vile philosophy, he is not obligated.
no pity
I have pity for lots of people.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#569328 Aug 8, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> ? Elaborate , please
Nah.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#569329 Aug 8, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
• Judaism believes in an afterlife but has little dogma about it
Resurrection. They believe in "the" resurrection.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#569330 Aug 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm for Dante.
Dante 1.
Milton 1.
Wow! How will this tie ever be remedied?!?

Location hidden

#569331 Aug 8, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem like a real cool guy.
We should hang out sometime.
'_'
you brung the booze n guns

I'll git somthin ta shoot at

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#569332 Aug 8, 2013
wow is right. You should have educated yourself about "Satan" before claiming an invention by Christians which clearly you were wrong about and ended up looking like an ignorant azz. Clearly you're no mental giant.
[QUOTE who="Satan is the one true god"]<quoted text>
wow ... we have another mental giant...you are still trying to extrapolate something out of my moniker....here is a little lesson for you einstein ..satan is an imaginary character....fabricated by Hebrew and christian and islamic religious tards....grow up ....
Satan
You're pretending--"Satan is the one true god" If you really thought that Satan was fabricated you would not come around arguing with Christians naming yourself a sentence about Satan LOL.

You're fooling yourself.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#569333 Aug 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe.
I'm not sure what legally correct means.
I know that the police call marijuana a narcotic, and that your usage was consistent with the theirs. Whether marijuana is a narcotic or not depends what definition of narcotic we use, and by at least one, it's a narcotic.
My training is in pharmacotherapeutics, where don't use language that way. If you asked me if marijunana was a narcotic, a benzodiazepine, a phenothiazine, or none-of-the-above, I would tell you it's none of those. So would a pharmacist.
What I don't like about the law's definition is that its not as much descriptive as it's tendentious. It's promoting an anti-marijuana attitude.
Also, calling marijuana a hallucinogen is pretty political. THC is not exactly like LSD. psilocibin, or peyote in its distribution, metabolism, or its target neurotransmitters/brian loci, or psychoactive properties.
Even the government that calls it that seems to know better. Here´s a government publication on hallucinogens that forgot to include marijuana.
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfac...
So, the physician and humanist in me doesn't embrace that usage. But it's out there.
Did you see this? Why science works - it leants. And Kudos to Doc Gupta.http://edition.cnn.com/2 013/08/08/health/gupta-changed -mind-marijuana/
Hi, IANS.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#569334 Aug 8, 2013

Location hidden

#569335 Aug 8, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have a choice in my Biblical framework.
He does get his way. And his way is to give us the freedom to chose. With each choice there are consequences. It is his way to allow us to receive the consequences of our choices. So that it is indeed our choice, our freedom. Thus it being our choice is his way.
Something being approved of by God has nothing to do with it being pleasing or not. If I chose to do the opposite of what God says is the right thing to do. He approves of the consequences I receive. So that I might turn from my rebellious ways. He approves but it is not pleasing to God. On the other hand, if I chose to do what God says is the right thing to do, he approves of it and it is pleasing to God.
Even we as humans can approve of something and it not be pleasing to us. If I am served meatloaf. I approve of it and am thankful, but it really isn't that pleasing to me. Yet if someone serves me Lasagna, I approve of it and am thankful and it is very pleasing to me.
This does not tell us anything about Satan. Even in your mythical presentation about my God, it says nothing about Satan's enmity against God.
Sin was not a mistake of man. It was a choice made by man. The consequences were told before the choice. And man made the choice to sin.
Your myth about my God might say that my God doesn't care about how I behave. My God does care about how I behave and the Bible says he does. And to say that no matter what I do I will be doing his will, is simply not true.
Neither Gods will or my will is being forced on anyone. I don't have the ability to force my will on God. And while God has the ability to force his will on me, he gives me the freedom to choose.
I am sorry if your life has been such that it leaves you feeling that someone's will is always being forced upon others.
You say myths about deities that have omni characteristics are the most absurd? That is an interesting opinion.
I would suggest you learn more about the God I believe in.
how is it that you cannot see the contradiction in your dogma, even when you paraphrase???
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#569336 Aug 8, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Well said. Yesterday I did point out that many that moan about hate speech will say little to nothing. My only point is at this time in America we have many people that say outright the Bill Of Rights shouldn't apply to everyone. That scares me quit a bit. To me the road to hell is paved with good intentions. No doubt this movement looks good on paper, but really? We want that kind of power over who can say what in the hands of the government? I would rather each day be filled with speech we can't stand to hear over that bro. That's my only point on it.
Good post Chris

Location hidden

#569337 Aug 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok will you or should I inform England and Canada how to spell and what words mean?
the colonies actually think their language perversion ... communication?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#569338 Aug 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
The entire point? Do you think so? I kind of like the due process and privacy parts, too. I also like being able to go where I want, marry whom I want, spend money as I prefer, and do the work of my choice. Actually, being able to express myself is the least important of those.
Skombolis wrote:
The conversation was about the FIRST amendment
Your words were, "The entire point of being free is that we can express ourselves any way we choose, within reason." You exceeded the purview of the First Amendment when you wrote about freedom. Perhaps you should have said that the whole point of the First Amendment was yadda yadda if that is what you were talking about.

Beisdes, I was discussiong freedom, not the Bill Of Rights. It doesn't affect me any more. My freedom comes from elsewhere, and I still like things like privacy and due process more than the right to express opinions. I like that, too, but would give it up before the most other aspects of freedom.
Skombolis wrote:
Did you get the entire Bill of Rights confused with the FIRST Amendment?
I think you got freedom mixed up with Bills and Amendments. Somehow, you twisted my idea into your idea - what I generally refer to as mangling a thought. You do it a lot, generally just before using the word "liar," "bigot," or "hypocrite."

I wasn't talking about any number of Amendments. I was making a distinction between the freedom of expression, which you considered the entire point of freedom, and freedom in general.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#569339 Aug 8, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Not to mention, you are in Mexico. Your opinion over which part of the Bill Of Rights you enjoy most isn't exactly relevant...IF that was even the discussion going on..Which it wasn't
Now you're mixed up again about what was being discussed. I don't enjoy any part of the Bill of Rights any more, nor did I claim that I do.

I was discussing aspects of freedom that I enjoy in addition to freedom of expression that you omitted. Do you have a dictionary handy? Look up "entire" as in "entire point."
Skombolis wrote:
At the end of my post it says the FIRST amendment is bigger than any individual or group
Actually, there are quite a few groups that extend beyond the jurisdiction of the Bill Of Rights, such as the IOC and the UN.

Location hidden

#569340 Aug 8, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Hukt on Ebonix!
<quoted text>
I think, for some, such as RR... what you and I would call 'reluctance', they would call 'perseverance' and/or 'tenacity'... especially when they're arguing with someone they view as opposition with regard to 'other' topics. If the 'someone' is correct about one thing, then they might also be correct about 'other' things. For them, it's simply more convenient to stay ignorant. That way, to their thinking, they never lose an argument.
Something akin to an issue with authority, fortified with nepotism and sanctimony.
Then again, it could be that RR is simply an idiot.
the third possibility....

BOTH

Location hidden

#569341 Aug 8, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only speak for myself in that I try to use the same academic criteria when investigating the Bible and Christianity as a I would any collection of ancient texts and the cultures they sprang from.
I think that is why both sides often see me as an 'enemy','lunatic','heretic', and (in general) arrogant asshole.
<shrug>

you are a theist
Bongo

Westbury, NY

#569342 Aug 8, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
Some diploid you are, maybe youre a haploid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Stilgar Fifrawi 810,588
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min RiccardoFire 97,932
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min Anthony MN 574,513
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 39 min Student 39,664
Last Word + 2 (Jul '14) 51 min Non _cents 1,056
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 53 min Non _cents 1,377
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 59 min Samantha Grace 1,653
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 269,091
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 15 hr perfect massage r... 206
More from around the web