Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so you didn't. There's no shame in that, but you should be more honest about the limitations of your claims.
That, or you should read a lot more about science from non-religious sites, to improve your knowledge base - and be honest about your limitations.
I don't think you know much about science. I think you keep writing that to portray some imaginary platform you think you have on anyone on this forum.

There is no subject you can write about that anyone here can't find on the internet. Nothing. So just because you write that you're so knowledgeable, is anyone supposed to be impressed? I hope that's not your goal. Because you trying to impress anyone on here with your so called knowledge makes you look quite immature and small.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity needs more people like you (and some others here) to speak up.
Thanks!
You are Welcome Darwin.

Yes I guess you are right. A lot of posts I donít read. I find myself skipping them and every once in awhile reading one of them. But when I do I probably should say something. Though the way I read them when an argument is going on I donít always know who started it and what all has been said to get it to that point. I get into it too but to me there are certain lines that shouldnít be crossed. You know if most would speak out when certain things are said, no matter if by a Atheist or a Christian some of this might stop. I know sometimes we step up and do it but more doing it more of the time would be nice. I just know that if I met a lot of these people off topix I would get along with them just fine. This place seems to bring out the beast in people.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>:)
He went too far with his last vision, and entered the absurd.
By my writings to you, it should have been obvious to you that I know you admire him. That's what I was counting on.
Not nearly so much as Newton, Faraday and good old Albert.
Groves is my man though, he invented something for me to toy with.
And for my next magical computer build......AV Theaputer lol

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
awwwww, is widdle baby upset that I corrected his dishonest mistakes?
poor guy
You did not correct anything, no reason for me to be upset. What Hawking proposed in his latest book has been roundly criticized harshly to the point of embarrassment in the UK for Hawking. That's a fact.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think you know much about science. I think you keep writing that to portray some imaginary platform you think you have on anyone on this forum.
There is no subject you can write about that anyone here can't find on the internet. Nothing. So just because you write that you're so knowledgeable, is anyone supposed to be impressed? I hope that's not your goal. Because you trying to impress anyone on here with your so called knowledge makes you look quite immature and small.
meh

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not nearly so much as Newton, Faraday and good old Albert.
Groves is my man though, he invented something for me to toy with.
And for my next magical computer build......AV Theaputer lol
??? a what!!??

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I like LW and I prod her to comment on what she thinks and feels. I think her posts of verses and apologetic sources to be "shields" that do nothing but make her look silly.
Even the devil can quote scripture.
I understand your intent. I don't think her posting scripture makes her look silly. Often in the scripture she posts, I see her thoughts on what is going on in here. Other times, I read the scripture she posts and get something personal for myself. So for me, I enjoy what ever she posts. Another thing I like about her is when few would have the heart to come at you directly, she jump right into it when she feels so inclined :) It is for this reason I started calling her lil whispers with a big heart.
I hope my talking about her doesn't upset her. Though I don't think it will :)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so Ben G. Just today or it might have been last night. Day and night is a blur for me these days. But very recently lil whispers posted to me about God in her own words. She talked about the beautiful things that are around her and that they are a blessing from God. While the scripture does give the same message. It doesn't in the way she did. It seems to be her life experience to see God in the things around her. She, like so many others, has given her own point of view from her own discovery. But when that is done, she/they are attacked. Their character is attacked, their intelligence is attacked. Why? Because they don't use the big words that are approved of by the stuck up snobs on here? Or because they have not come to the same conclusions as the fools who think they are smart on here do? Even in posting scripture that she believes, is attacked because someone thinks she is not as good as they. Not saying you do this with her. For you are more gracious with her than you are with some others. Just some of my thoughts on the matter :)
Thanks Bernie for this post. However do not feel like a victim nor am I sorry for any scripture I have ever shared here in this thread. Do not feel the need to meet the standards of others in any given departments of life. Expect nothing from no one. Know God love me and know prayers are quite often answered for me. When I post to you this morning I only wanted to share some personal thinking was all. I just choose you to share thoses thoughts with too. God bless.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You did not correct anything, no reason for me to be upset. What Hawking proposed in his latest book has been roundly criticized harshly to the point of embarrassment in the UK for Hawking. That's a fact.
Oh. You must have missed my post correcting your errors and dishonesty. I'll recap:

1. You claimed Hawking's book was denied through the peer review process. That was either an outright lie or a mistake of ignorance.

2. You claimed that scientists disagreed with him, but you were unable to show this claim. That was either an outright lie or a mistake of reading comprehension.

3. You claimed to present links by scientists denouncing his book, yet you only linked to one scientist who did not denounce his book and a bunch of non-scientist book reviewers. That was either an outright lie or a mistake of poor reading abilities.

4. Now you're making another unsubstantiated claim. It's either a lie or stems from biased ignorance.

5. I corrected your simplistic definition of enculturation and explained, in simple terms, why you haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

Do you like getting thoroughly crushed by me? Do you like exposing your gross ignorance and dishonesty in your utterly false claims about science?

You must! You keep coming back for more.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure I sound like an insecure poohhead a lot.
btw, I especially like your mistake above :)
Oops, awful

LOL If you do I and a lot of others do too.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>why would you even attempt to laud your credentials on here? that's either gross insecurity or pretty naive.
Uh, I didn't. You made claims to them. Why are you being dishonest about this now when your own posts appear one page before this?

Is dishonesty a basic tenet of your religious beliefs? I have to assume it is, since you practice dishonesty in abundance.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Calling it a night for topix. Goodnight

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>??? a what!!??
Computer devoted to AV...a TV computer I Put in a server rack mount
so it will stack and hook up to a Denon receiver and HDMI fed sound system. Comtheaputer. I need a windows seven remote though , with a netflix button :)

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, awful
LOL If you do I and a lot of others do too.
hahaha! Honestly, "offal" worked very well as a double entendre! I sometimes write stuff and then think "why am I doing this?" It is those moments I know it's offal I'm writing :)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Sure how are you? Hope your Father is doing better.
Good deal. And he is doing much better. Starting to feel more and more like an isolated thing. But obviously will be playing it close to the vest for a while. Thank you for asking.

Have yourself a good night

(T) Peace

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
Calling it a night for topix. Goodnight
Good Night HFN:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Bernie for this post. However do not feel like a victim nor am I sorry for any scripture I have ever shared here in this thread. Do not feel the need to meet the standards of others in any given departments of life. Expect nothing from no one. Know God love me and know prayers are quite often answered for me. When I post to you this morning I only wanted to share some personal thinking was all. I just choose you to share thoses thoughts with too. God bless.
I am glad you did share them with me. Though not know to you, they spoke to my current situations and where my focus should be. One could say your words spoke to me in ways you might not have intended, but they spoke to me in ways God did intend. As did Serah's. God is all around us. And he speaks to us all the time. I just have to be listening with my heart. I have never thought of you as a victim. Have a blessed evening :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lil Whispers ~ have just been having a chat about how Blessed we are to have all of the different varieties of birds GOD gave us. Hearing them chatter to each other morning and evening in their happy friendly manner could be something we could all learn from....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you did share them with me. Though not know to you, they spoke to my current situations and where my focus should be. One could say your words spoke to me in ways you might not have intended, but they spoke to me in ways God did intend. As did Serah's. God is all around us. And he speaks to us all the time. I just have to be listening with my heart. I have never thought of you as a victim. Have a blessed evening :)
Thanks Bernie God bless you always.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Lil Whispers ~ have just been having a chat about how Blessed we are to have all of the different varieties of birds GOD gave us. Hearing them chatter to each other morning and evening in their happy friendly manner could be something we could all learn from....
Birds are my best friends on earth :) Have a good night Serah :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 544,101 - 544,120 of598,742
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

417 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min River Tam 716,424
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 5 min ali 332
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min The Awakener 171,443
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Lab28 223,166
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 17 min ROYAL 4,076
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 22 min Nobody 2 Special 1,477
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 23 min MUQ1 36,389
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min truth 529,972
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 255,692
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••