Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#568830 Aug 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
Tertiary, third level, often refers to completion of post graduate studies at a University.
$20 says Bongo has no clue what a single definition of tertiary is.
$100 says he is googling it right now.
I'll give u short odds, like $1.02.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#568831 Aug 7, 2013
M
O
R
N
I
N
G

I am not here to change the world. I am changing the world because I am here.”

~ Author Unknown

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#568832 Aug 7, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Thank YOU that for every hurt, every fear, every worry, every need, there is a remedy--through the power of the Resurrection, the presence of the Holy Spirit, and the care of the Almighty, everything is going to be all right. As long as you are in control of my life, everything is going to be all right. I cling the Savior's invitation to "come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30). I praise you Father, for loving me so much that you sent your only begotten son, full of grace and truth, to take my sins upon him that I might be made righteous in your sight. Thank you for the tremendous sacrifice, for your love and mercy, for life eternal, for being all that really matters--for being my Remedy. I love you. In the name of Jesus, amen.
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Thank YOU that for every hurt, every fear, every worry, every need, there is a remedy--through the power of the Resurrection, the presence of the Holy Spirit, and the care of the Almighty, everything is going to be all right. As long as you are in control of my life, everything is going to be all right. I cling the Savior's invitation to "come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30). I praise you Father, for loving me so much that you sent your only begotten son, full of grace and truth, to take my sins upon him that I might be made righteous in your sight. Thank you for the tremendous sacrifice, for your love and mercy, for life eternal, for being all that really matters--for being my Remedy. I love you. In the name of Jesus, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#568833 Aug 7, 2013
Encouraging Words....

God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives.

1 Thessalonians 4:7

K-Love

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#568834 Aug 7, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Today's Prayer
Prime time with God
Sorry for the double post....Topix hic-cupped

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#568835 Aug 7, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Christians don't care, I mock you all the time ;) Ever wonder why I mock you so much Yosemite? it's because it's easy to you're so Dumb.
Hiding is a slobbering infant idiot--similar to you.
Will a true Christian please stand up to this guy?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#568836 Aug 7, 2013
Satan is the one true god wrote:
<quoted text>
another mental giant...prayers are indicative of ignorance and stupidty...ignorance and stupidity led to those ...prayers to imaginary beings don't accomplish anything...
Then why post three very long copy/pasted posts about the effectiveness of prayer?

You're not making any sense, dude.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#568837 Aug 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do many Christians it seems.
In Yiddish, "BenAdam would be "A Mench", when they say in Hebrew: "c'mon, be a Ben Adam" - that would mean "Do the right thing". to be: "not a Ben Adam" means that a person behaves in an anti-social manner.

Live up to your namesake.

Or change it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#568838 Aug 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
My comment about a demon called Maxwell was a joke referencing the Second Law of Thermodynamics and the theoretical postulate known as "Maxwell's Demon".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell%27s_demo...
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm familiar with Maxwell's demon and recognized your reference.

Have you met Morton's demon, it's devout cousin, which "stands at the gateway of a person's senses and lets in facts that agree with that person's beliefs while deflecting those that do not ... used to explain the phenomenon of confirmation bias"?
http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/postmonth/...
Bongo

United States

#568839 Aug 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh ok, since you kneeled to Dave.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#568841 Aug 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is that most won't. Maybe because most agree with him...they just don't want to sound so full of hate. Let someone else do it.

Some will say they have no idea what Trifecta says because they don't read his posts. Not sure I believe that. When I spoke of his obsession concerning feces...some said they had no knowledge of that. No one said a word to him about that.

When Lawest spoke of "things" being shoved up Lacez behind...most ignored it...those that did speak up only offered him compassion and advised not to let the "outsiders" get to him.

Yet they expect us non-Christians to stand up against each other. Somehow they seem to totally miss when one of us does speak up to defend them.

Yes...I am tired of Chris Clearwater constantly complaining that we don't stand up against each other while he sits there and ignores the words that come from his "brothers and sisters".

So don't hold your breath Catcher...don't sit and wait for someone to take a stand...you might just pass out first.

Yeah...my tolerance level for this crap is low this morning...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#568842 Aug 7, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why post three very long copy/pasted posts about the effectiveness of prayer?
You're not making any sense, dude.
What is funny about that...he accused me of babbling on and on about prayer when I responded to his post about prayer. Then he proceeds to continues to post about prayer! LOL I think he needs therapy...or maybe you guys could post some prayers to him for his healing.:-)

Fennario

#568843 Aug 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
The religious tradition of ignorance marches on. Can we at least break its kneecaps ?
It'll take a far sight more than that to return that demon back to its bottle.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#568844 Aug 7, 2013
Later

Enjoy your day!!

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#568845 Aug 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Milton and Dante are the main sources of Christian beliefs about Hell. Strange that they don't know they are not based on anything in either the Christian or Jewish Canon of literature.
They were both written and sold and published as complete works of fiction.
As far as I know, they are both works of fiction.

:)

Some stable somewhere

#568846 Aug 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice.
I get a kick out of Trifecta's big top science. It is the latest installment in a long tradition of faith based thinking:
"The 12th century brought the influence of the scholar al-Ghazali, and out of his work you get the philosophy that mathematics is the work of the Devil, and that nothing good can come of that philosophy." - Tyson
When Triflecta writes anything about science, he is being dishonest. He is as scientifically illiterate as he is a man.

Some stable somewhere

#568847 Aug 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see the "Creator" as anthropomorphous. I do infer that the entire Universe can be considered a single living organism.
"WE are but a hangnail on the hand of God" - ME 3:56
I know. Hence I wrote what I wrote.

:p

Some stable somewhere

#568848 Aug 7, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a type of non-alcohol beer called Bavaria. I wouldn't bother, because you don't drink beer for the taste.
Except ginger beer, for mine.
I drink to escape reality. Rum for the taste. But, to be honest, tasting or not tasting rum, it doesn't matter. You'll escape reality and become a pirate in the making.

And there's nothing better than being a pirate! Just ask BT!

Some stable somewhere

#568849 Aug 7, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
She might be angry and that makes you laugh? You might be having a stroke tonight, Christian. What a riot!
<quoted text>
So is your bible.
<quoted text>
Keep going.
<quoted text>
Because you're above that.
This is typical Christian moral thought, incidentally. Go ahead and tell her to fuck herself, but don't technically use the word, because that's what your god wants, right? That's how the creator of the universe thinks, too.
What a tiny philosophy you have.
<quoted text>
You have no vote in the matter. Hiding is a scientist. You are a Christian clown.
Now go do something useful and make me a balloon bunny.
baaahahahahahaha!

thanks,:)

btw, today I was invited to contribute a book chapter in my specialty, out of the blue. So, yatta! Totally awesome.

(the invitation was b/c of a conference I attended and specifically b/c I critiqued a specific presentation for being naive - I guess the critique had impact)

Fennario

#568850 Aug 7, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
I hate to think of the pain they went through.:-(
I hear you.

I was just thinking about that yesterday, hoping that the terror of the situation served as a at least a partial distraction from the pain. Imagine a situation where you might welcomed terror.

This is what the Christians imagine for us, some with glee. Here's one of the little darlings now:

"I'm just glad that God will wipe you out in a more painful manner next time. Athetards got it easy with just water."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
phonetique et phonologie 2 min mounir moon 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Clearwater 87,923
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min X Pendable 184,670
Electing a president.......with NO POLITICAL EX... 10 min Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Michael 665,160
Where can i buy ecstasy in dundee?? ASAP (Feb '13) 34 min Doctor REALITY 4
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 36 min Seentheotherside 45,792
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr crucifiedguy 284,491
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Gabriel 977,198
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 7 hr Liamm 453
The Future of Politics in America 18 hr Insults Are Easier 176
More from around the web