“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#568639 Aug 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Right so Disneyland characters including talking fish can't be real and I agree 100% because we know that's cartoons, animation, CG imagery all fabrications of our imagination and fantasy.
Yet in the same breath talking snakes and donkeys are , because the buy bull said so. So you were saying? You sound like that big black guy, with a deep voice who wants to sound like Micky but can't and say's.....M-I-C....K-E-Y....wh y? BECAUSE I SAID SO!
Mr. Loony Bird
So just because you see charlatans like Hawking, what he proposes aint real. He is playing off you being a sucker for religion. Hawking knows your religion wants you to continue to believe "No God", so he proposes the absurd, got laughed at by real scientists, but the religious like you and the fake atheists on this billboard eats it up like real.

Because of course, since Hawking is real--then by golly, what he wrote in a book, must be real too. LOL. Stupid!. Go to disneyland--you can see a talking bird named tweety too, tell tweety about Hawking LOL!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#568640 Aug 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, IANS is quite right. Non-scientists have no voice in science.
You can very easily try to prove him incorrect. Simply write your thoughts down and submit them to the relevant journal. If you disagree with Hawking - and you never provided me links to the scientists you claim disagree with him - just write to http://ajp.aapt.org/
and please post their response to you. It will be something like this:
"Thank you for your input. Your paper has been rejected. We don't recommend resubmitting this to another journal."
Or they will likely just delete your email.
It works like this: papers come to academic journals. Editors read them and if the editor thinks they have merit, they pass them on to practicing scientists in the field. These scientists then vet the papers - is this really science? Is the author aware of the latest research in our field? Does this contribute meaningful information to our field? Is this study legitimate? Are the results accurate? Are the methodologies appropriate? Are the author's claims supported? Does this paper best fit our journal and not another one?
You have one thing confused though hiding, journals are useful for academic purposes, but not entirely necessary to have a voice in science. Do you think cutting edge defense technology or indeed much private industry will submit academic papers detailing their work?
Publicly assessable journals serve a great purpose and can give a scientist a name or help establish degrees and with that funding. But there's a whole lot of things you're not going to find nor will you in that stack of papers. The other side of that is there are a heaping pile of scientific papers, not worth the labor it takes to throw them in the garbage.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#568641 Aug 6, 2013
That's your religion talking
[QUOTE who="Hidingfromyou"] <quoted text>
Yeah. You're being dishonest in your claims.
<quoted text>
Quite clearly you fail at intellectual reasoning.
<quoted text>
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha!!!!!!!!
So...uh...did you graduate from high school?
Did you? I don't think so.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#568642 Aug 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I went earlier...didn't want to...but I did it anyway.:-(
I hit the gym every day.

I'm addicted.

Worse could happen.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#568643 Aug 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<cracks open champange>
Woohooo!
Here, have a glass, Skom!
Cheers:)

I did see your other post too. It certainly is possible that a word will undergo changes in definition over time. We probably have different opinions as to whether that in the case with this word but time will tell I guess.

Hope your day has been a good one

(T) Peace
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#568644 Aug 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
"Paper tigers have no teeth." - ME 8:56
<smile>
True,:)

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#568645 Aug 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go, sir!
http://www.mprize.org/
Thanks; who knew?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#568648 Aug 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha, you're such a loser that you need to think you're attacking me. Baby, I have more confidence than to listen to you, an uneducated man, about my credentials.
So, why are you so dishonest?
I'm attacking your religion :)

What credentials are you talking about? because you're a topix scientist that means anything? oy!lol!

Well I'm the topix Hedge Funds manager and my account has 2 billion in liquid assets.

You sound stupid when you bring up credentials on a website with the moniker "hiding from you". If you had half a brain, that should have been obvious to you gigolo.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#568649 Aug 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Your religious leader Hawking is a Charlatan phony that has been laughed at by the scientific community for proposing absurd illogical non-sensical rubbish to pass of as science. Failed got called out and now looks like an idiot.
Congratulations on finally spelling his name correctly!

You're still dishonest and presenting a facade of lies above.

Thank you for your fine example of your religion.
What he write in that book isn't science, will never be studied as science, will not be written in a peer reviewed journal as science.
Now you are changing what you claimed earlier! Brilliant, but it would work better if you added "I made a mistake, and..." or "I lied, and..."

Feel free to choose whichever is more appropriate for you.
It was written, for gullible naive fools like you. Because you're so predictable to believe because you're a religious zealous nutcase, and not looking for science.
Actually, I don't know enough about physics to really be interested. I'm an atheist for reasons of social science.
You're a fraudulent wanna be atheist and fake phony topix scientist that is probably some male gigolo hanging out in some japanese slum. LOL. Drop another "f" bomb so I can LMAO!
hahahahaa!!!

Dishonest to a tee. You're approaching perfectly dishonest - well done!

Location hidden

#568650 Aug 6, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I meant you stated there needed to be a supernatural connection.
Either way, you're wrong.
Either way huh?

Despite you didn't know what I said and refused to answer any of the questions civilly posed to you? Well you make a persuasive argument:)

That's all right. It's in line with what I expected anyway
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#568651 Aug 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What a nice post HFN!
:) Itís how I felt.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#568652 Aug 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You have one thing confused though hiding, journals are useful for academic purposes, but not entirely necessary to have a voice in science. Do you think cutting edge defense technology or indeed much private industry will submit academic papers detailing their work?
Yes, to both. They often work with research departments to share ideas and produce better tech. Military scientists have nothing to lose by sharing, since their work is secure, so they often collaborate. Private research and development often funds experiments at research institutes.

It's too difficult to work in a vacuum in contemporary science - one person can only have so much expertise.
Publicly assessable journals serve a great purpose and can give a scientist a name or help establish degrees and with that funding. But there's a whole lot of things you're not going to find nor will you in that stack of papers. The other side of that is there are a heaping pile of scientific papers, not worth the labor it takes to throw them in the garbage.
It's more than about establishing a name for oneself. That's important, yes, but it's more important to share knowledge.

It's also extremely important to publish science with negative results. That's the only way for disciplines to move on instead of testing the same thing over and over. Especially in medical science.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#568653 Aug 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I went earlier...didn't want to...but I did it anyway.:-(
I meant for Catcher. He writes that a lot. Me? Yeah...later :)
Bongo

Brentwood, NY

#568654 Aug 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hit the gym every day.
I'm addicted.
Worse could happen.
Just like Geraldo, hes a lawman too lol do you tweet ,twinkle toes?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#568656 Aug 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
That's your religion talking <quoted text>Did you? I don't think so.
Ah, so you didn't. There's no shame in that, but you should be more honest about the limitations of your claims.

That, or you should read a lot more about science from non-religious sites, to improve your knowledge base - and be honest about your limitations.

Location hidden

#568657 Aug 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Does Skom not drink?
I had no idea! We can change it to carbonated grape juice. I was just happy that he understood my claims, that we didn't need to call each other names, and so on.
I understood the sentiment. It was appreciated. No harm done:)
Bongo

Brentwood, NY

#568658 Aug 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go, sir!
http://www.mprize.org/
Its futile, God decreed, no man shall live past 120 years.the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#568659 Aug 6, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers:)
I did see your other post too. It certainly is possible that a word will undergo changes in definition over time. We probably have different opinions as to whether that in the case with this word but time will tell I guess.
Hope your day has been a good one
(T) Peace
It just goes to demonstrate the power one's personal, subjective reality has over our ability to understand the lived experiences of other people.

How could we not have very different opinions based on our very different realities? I would hope that, part of what is going on here, aside from the name calling and immaturity (to which I am not above), is a greater understanding, despite disagreement, with the other's perspective.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#568660 Aug 6, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks; who knew?
Me. I knew.

Location hidden

#568661 Aug 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Skom, like me, is a recovering alcoholic.
While some cases of ex-drunks being able to resume social drinking exist, the vast majority of research indicates that the only "cure" is complete abstinence.
Sorry, I thought you knew.
I apologize for jumping to conclusions.
I knew she didn't mean anything negative by it. But I also appreciate that you inquired if you weren't sure

(T) Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessari... 796,150
Scientific proof for God's existence 24 min BRAIN STORM 611
How you can maintain your youthful skin after h... 50 min Asian Derma 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 59 min Student 39,671
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 267,530
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr Tony17 5,430
Why do blacks name their children ridiculous na... (Sep '08) 1 hr Blond blue 225
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr guest 568,404
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 hr AN NFL FAN 120,750
More from around the web