Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#568741 Aug 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Sure how are you? Hope your Father is doing better.
Good deal. And he is doing much better. Starting to feel more and more like an isolated thing. But obviously will be playing it close to the vest for a while. Thank you for asking.

Have yourself a good night

(T) Peace

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#568742 Aug 6, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
Calling it a night for topix. Goodnight
Good Night HFN:)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#568743 Aug 6, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Bernie for this post. However do not feel like a victim nor am I sorry for any scripture I have ever shared here in this thread. Do not feel the need to meet the standards of others in any given departments of life. Expect nothing from no one. Know God love me and know prayers are quite often answered for me. When I post to you this morning I only wanted to share some personal thinking was all. I just choose you to share thoses thoughts with too. God bless.
I am glad you did share them with me. Though not know to you, they spoke to my current situations and where my focus should be. One could say your words spoke to me in ways you might not have intended, but they spoke to me in ways God did intend. As did Serah's. God is all around us. And he speaks to us all the time. I just have to be listening with my heart. I have never thought of you as a victim. Have a blessed evening :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#568744 Aug 6, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Bernie for this post. However do not feel like a victim nor am I sorry for any scripture I have ever shared here in this thread. Do not feel the need to meet the standards of others in any given departments of life. Expect nothing from no one. Know God love me and know prayers are quite often answered for me. When I post to you this morning I only wanted to share some personal thinking was all. I just choose you to share thoses thoughts with too. God bless.
Hey Lil Whispers ~ have just been having a chat about how Blessed we are to have all of the different varieties of birds GOD gave us. Hearing them chatter to each other morning and evening in their happy friendly manner could be something we could all learn from....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#568745 Aug 6, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you did share them with me. Though not know to you, they spoke to my current situations and where my focus should be. One could say your words spoke to me in ways you might not have intended, but they spoke to me in ways God did intend. As did Serah's. God is all around us. And he speaks to us all the time. I just have to be listening with my heart. I have never thought of you as a victim. Have a blessed evening :)
Thanks Bernie God bless you always.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#568746 Aug 6, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Lil Whispers ~ have just been having a chat about how Blessed we are to have all of the different varieties of birds GOD gave us. Hearing them chatter to each other morning and evening in their happy friendly manner could be something we could all learn from....
Birds are my best friends on earth :) Have a good night Serah :)

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#568747 Aug 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>why would you even attempt to laud your credentials on here? that's either gross insecurity or pretty naive.
Sir, I am both deeply insecure and pretty naive. Additionally, had you written what a brilliant scientist I am, because of your magnificent and unending ineptitude in all matters science, I would seriously wonder where it all went wrong.

Location hidden

#568748 Aug 6, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Lil Whispers ~ have just been having a chat about how Blessed we are to have all of the different varieties of birds GOD gave us. Hearing them chatter to each other morning and evening in their happy friendly manner could be something we could all learn from....
Hey Serah;

Yes I shared my thoughts this am of God creations and gifts and blessings within the critters. I have feeders out for them and they come to chat and snack and even have a difference of opinion over a feed tray once in a while. I show up too just to watch and know they expect me to be there too as they gotten quite used to me. So I sit every morning and watch the graceful way a squirrel will move around in a tree or sit on the edge of a feed box in a upright position and watch me lol. The hummingbird feeders are as busy as a shopping mall too. Every color possible to pick from.
Tis a small simple thing but the larger picture of this is God. I think of them as his gifts to me and His blessing to me.

Many years ago I found the scripture that reads I am always with you. Quite a powerful promise. One does not have to look very far to find God. One does not need to cast a shadow or dig deep into a mystery to find God. He shows up in many forms, here is what I mean God can be found no matter where you go or do. He can be found among all walks of people and any type of HIS creation.

I find happiness in just being me as I am. God loves me as I am and with his guiding hand I can share what fruits I have with others. It can come out of me in many forms too it all a part of me just as I am. God bless.

Location hidden

#568749 Aug 6, 2013
Pillow time good night.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#568750 Aug 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>why would you even attempt to laud your credentials on here? that's either gross insecurity or pretty naive.
It is called backing one's claims with evidence. Something you and your religion never do.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#568751 Aug 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think you know much about science.....
ROFLMAO

Sure! As an ignorant clown you are far better educated in the sciences than those of us who have been University trained in the sciences.

I hope you go to your minister when you are ill instead of a doctor. That medical science stuff is all bullshit.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#568752 Aug 6, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your intent. I don't think her posting scripture makes her look silly. Often in the scripture she posts, I see her thoughts on what is going on in here. Other times, I read the scripture she posts and get something personal for myself. So for me, I enjoy what ever she posts. Another thing I like about her is when few would have the heart to come at you directly, she jump right into it when she feels so inclined :) It is for this reason I started calling her lil whispers with a big heart.
I hope my talking about her doesn't upset her. Though I don't think it will :)
To the first part, we all have Bibles that we can read without it being spammed here. I am currently reading reading Dante and Milton again for a much better insight into current Christian beliefs. <smile>
To the second, I like when LW comes after me. We have been chasing each others tails for a couple years. It is one of the reasons I like her and 'annoy' her.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#568753 Aug 6, 2013
Part 1 (Good early morning, Ians)

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>The nature of faith is that anything is true that you want to be true...
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Using your (own) definition IT WOULD INCLUDE THOSE WHO BELIEVE THAT GOD DOESN'T EXIST. If that isn't the case then honestly taking our universe's existence to it's logical conlusion ---> how can the universe come out of nothing?
3a.
<quoted text>
I don't know.
But you do know that God does not exist? My original point is that by using your own definition for faith... atheists are also defined by it. I say that because Atheists can't honestly say for sure that God does not exist... they simply "believe" it. Now your "I don't know" reply was in reference to my question about the universe but I just wanted to retrace my previous post to you and address what initiated my question about the universe in the first place.

3b.
<quoted text>How can it?
I've read that some physicists argue that the universe came out of nothingness through quantum vacuum fluctations. But if that is the case then is nothing really nothingness in physics? I thought that in physics, even empty space is made up of tiny bits of particles (or waves) and even those particles are made up of tiny bits of particles... so forth and so on.

3c.
<quoted text>And why ask me?
I asked you because of your own definition for faith (which you initiated) and your interests in natural science.

3d.
<quoted text>To the best of my knowledge, it (the universe) didn't (come out of nothing).
That's because... when arriving to it's own logical conclusion in physics... it is impossible for the universe to create itself out of nothingness, let alone, hold itself together with zero energy. And by the way, I believe our universe may be as small as a tear drop when compared to what's really outside it's vast perimeters, if that is truly the case. I also believe in possible multi-verses and other dimensions "but" in tandem with this, I also believe in that unseen, spiritual dimension(s) from a biblical standpoint. Without a doubt, something pre-existed before our universe's formation and ironically, that's the easy-to-understand part.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#568755 Aug 6, 2013
Part 2 @ Ians

Cont.
4a.
<quoted text>How can a god come out of nothing? How can a god even exist? What would allow such a thing to exist?
I don't know how God exists without ever being born or created... but I believe it wholeheartedly by faith. The same faith but in the inverse of those who don't "believe" God exists. For myself, I have better comprehension on how "potentical" have always existed. If potential had never existed then our universe would not have come into existence in the first place. That is about as close to my understanding, for the time being, in my understanding of something having always existed.(I Corinthians 13:12)

4b.
<quoted text>What would sustain it?
(Just my own views) Faithfulness, Understanding and Wisdom.

4c.
<quoted text>What would make it perfect?
True Love

4d.
<quoted text>What would keep it perfect?
Truth... and Hope (Hope as in ever-increasing "potential")

<quoted text>Let me guess: your have a separate standard for your god. You demand that the existence of the universe make sense, but not your god. Am I close?
Yes and No. When it comes to the universe it has a physical standard. Using that standard to follow the logical conclusion of the universe's existence... well, something can't come out of nothingness.

When it comes to a spiritual standard, Believers understand by faith how the universe came into being... it was created by A Creator.

But using your own standard and the definition of faith... we all share in it whether one believes God exists or whether one believes God doesn't exist.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#568756 Aug 6, 2013
Sorry, wrong link to Tysons's talk. Try this:
&fe ature=youtu.be

That other link was pretty good, too. It's Tyson addressing spirituality, although he doesn't use the word. He refers to a feeling of radical connectivity, which the the feelings of awe, mystery and gratitude, comprise the authentic spiritual experience:

Neil deGrasse Tyson answers:“What is the most astounding fact [about the universe]?"

"The most astounding fact is the knowledge that the atoms that comprise life on Earth, the atoms that make up the human body, are traceable to the crucibles that cooked light elements into heavy elements in their core under extreme temperatures and pressures.

"These stars, the high mass ones among them, went unstable in their later years, they collapsed and then exploded, scattering their enriched guts across the galaxy - guts made of carbon, nitrogen, oxygen and all the fundamental ingredients of life itself. These ingredients become part of gas clouds that condense, collapse, form the next generation of solar systems stars with orbiting planets, and those planets now have the ingredients for life itself.

"So that when I look up at the night sky and I know that, yes, we are part of this Universe, we are in this Universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the Universe is in us. When I reflect on that fact, I look up- many people feel small because they’re small and the Universe is big- but I feel big, because my atoms came from those stars. There’s a level of connectivity.

"That’s really what you want in life, you want to feel connected, you want to feel relevant, you want to feel like a participant in the goings on of activities and events around you. That’s precisely what we are, just by being alive."

Fennario

#568757 Aug 6, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Big difference between what scripture reads and mankinds opinions.
I wonder how you would know that. Who else's version do you have? Who told you what it really means?

To the best of my knowledge, nobody else apart from mankind has even tried interpreting your scriptures. I gave the bible to my pet tortoise to get the reptilian read on it, but he just began eating it.

It's always a delight to have philosophical discussions with you Christians.

Fennario

#568758 Aug 7, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> The babble will likely echo when youre walking the plank into that lake, which upon information and belief will be sooner than later.
Just a few hours ago, you were saying that hell probably wasn't a lake of fire. What happened? A new revelation?

This Scary Chicken ploy should be beneath you. It scares nobody but children, and doesn't do much for you or your church, either. It emphasizes the sadistic foundation of Christianity, the psychopathic nature of the Christian god, and the willingness of the church to deploy psychological terrorism with by offering salvation purchased through the torture of a man-god to avoid damnation in the torture pit made by that god.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#568759 Aug 7, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
ROFLMAO
The South African equivalent of Fox News.
You ARE a moron.
<quoted text>
It's definitely a biased source.'Nuff said.

Fennario

#568760 Aug 7, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
All we can do is pray.
Then you are useless.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#568761 Aug 7, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
...I've read that some physicists argue that the universe came out of nothingness through quantum vacuum fluctations. But if that is the case then is nothing really nothingness in physics?...
What if it did come out of "nothingness" ?

That would still do nothing to confirm or deny the existence of God.

Can't one believe that the Quantum fluctuation was "created by God" ?

I am reminded of how the ancients believed that a chariot riding God was required to carry the sun around the Earth. We now now that there are no such chariots and the Earth circles the sun not the sun round the Earth. However, is it not possible that "God" created the laws of physics that make the Universe work without chariots and invisible gears ad chains.

Religion seems to put a lot of silly restraints on God. Is it impossible for God that can make a flower grow from a tiny seed to create a Universe from a quantum fluctuation? or the quantum fluctuation itself ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min truth 641,952
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min Jake999 44,469
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min spider1954 970,120
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 33 min Mr Wiggley 38,725
Supporting Trump like the fallen angels support... 53 min Johnny 32
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 1 hr Johnny 204
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Johnny 4,165
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr WasteWater 104,770
More from around the web