Comments
543,761 - 543,780 of 600,207 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#568393 Aug 6, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
This is incorrect. Many Christians demonstrate no evidence of spirituality, while many who call Christianity nonsense appear to have rich spiritual lives.
RiversideHick wrote:
That is a baseless accusation.
"That" is not an accusation. They are two opinions, and certainly as valid as the opinion that they are baseless when you apparently don't know upon what basis they are made.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#568394 Aug 6, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Mam-- get your story straight before you try to tell me how to write my post--by the way--I did not say that to HFY. I can give you the page number and post if you can't get it correct.
I will write my post and opinions , the way I want to write my opinions---if you don't like my opinions, then scroll past them.
Yeah, that was Triflecta. I guess he wants me to be a man for him. Kinda yuk, to be honest, but ok. I can wear a strap on for him.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#568395 Aug 6, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are missing the point. Nobody said atheists can't have spiritual experiences. It was pointed out some atheists have redefined the word "spiritual" because they are the ones who don't subscribe to any of its actual meanings. Which makes it strange then to choose that particular word. If you do believe you can experience something spiritual then nobody is claiming to be able to speak for what you can experience. The question simply is what are you claiming spiritual to be?
Consider it a rhetorical question as I really have zero interest in arguing the point. I'm simply clarifying nobody has claimed someone else can't experience spirituality. Just whether they are using a word that doesn't really mean what they are claiming when there are lots of words that would better describe the claim.
I don't know if "redefine" is the right word. I suppose from your point of view it is. From my point of view, people who have spiritual experiences are always having monistic experiences, but they misinterpret them as dualistic.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#568396 Aug 6, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Konnichiwa
*bows*
konnichi ha. o genki desu ka? doregurai nihongo wo wakarimasu ka?

(the question marks are an English affectation)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#568397 Aug 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
waaasssuuup tells me he's good in bed. You might be missing out.
:)
I am attracted to intellect

...what-ch-doin?

Location hidden

#568398 Aug 6, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are missing the point. Nobody said atheists can't have spiritual experiences. It was pointed out some atheists have redefined the word "spiritual" because they are the ones who don't subscribe to any of its actual meanings. Which makes it strange then to choose that particular word. If you do believe you can experience something spiritual then nobody is claiming to be able to speak for what you can experience. The question simply is what are you claiming spiritual to be?
Consider it a rhetorical question as I really have zero interest in arguing the point. I'm simply clarifying nobody has claimed someone else can't experience spirituality. Just whether they are using a word that doesn't really mean what they are claiming when there are lots of words that would better describe the claim.
have spiritual experiences, I probably interpret them differently than you.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#568399 Aug 6, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
"A person who isn't spiritual doesn't accept the things of God's Spirit, for they are nonsense to him. He can't understand them because they are spiritually evaluated."
I Corinthians 2:14
This is incorrect. Many Christians demonstrate no evidence of spirituality, while many who call Christianity nonsense appear to have rich spiritual lives.
Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Afternoon Ians. Thanks for your opinion. For me, I say that it would depend on one's perspective. For a Christian "who believes the New Testament" with this particular advisement from the Apostle... it is absolutely correct. Obviously, for an unbeliever or one who says that they are a Christian and doesn't hold the New Testament as true... incontestably, they would say the scripture is incorrect in this instance.
You seem to be saying that the truth of a statement depends on personal belief, although I notice that your belief make the statement absolutely correct, whereas mine only allows me to say that it is incorrect in this one instance.
Many Christians demonstrate no evidence of spirituality ...
Qu_innocence wrote:
This could be true... but then again, depending on one's own definition of what a Christian is within their own particular bias, inclinations or presuppostion of what a Christian is and should be... your statement could also not be true. If the first case is true, The Father knows people (Believers and unbelievers) are imperfect within their own selves. But if a Christian confesses and forsakes their sin(s) and forgive others also then that person will be forgiven.

[QUOTE who="It aint necessarily so"]... while many who call Christianity nonsense appear to have rich spiritual lives.
Qu_innocence wrote:
Again, depends on one's own definition of what Christianity is and should be... but if the many are referring to the Christianity "which is true" as nonsense... then obviously they have a different type of spirit and not the same Spirit of God that Christians observe.
Sorry, but I don't find this type of thinking to be of much use. Rather than make an affirmation and defend it, or rebut the elements of a contradictory claim, you try to suck the meaning out of the words.

You apparently aren't as interested in finding out what I mean by words like "Christianity" and "spirituality" to exchange ideas using them as you are in seeing to it contrary claims made using those words don't have any definite meaning.

The nature of faith is that anything is true that you want to be true. My criteria for knowledge are different.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#568400 Aug 6, 2013
Spiritual experience

Not limited to but including...
A heightened state of consciousness with an energetic boost elevating the emotion.
If I had to guess, it's input stimulus that has initiated using both hemispheres of the brain simultaneously or switching between them rapidly.

An instance of focused logical emotion. I do know people can trigger it within themselves or others in different way's.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#568401 Aug 6, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am attracted to intellect
...what-ch-doin?
Well that would explain the rebuff :)

Procrastinating. Wha-r-u-doin'?

Location hidden

#568402 Aug 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that would explain the rebuff :)
Procrastinating. Wha-r-u-doin'?
castragatin xtians

but I am still an amateur
Bongo

Coram, NY

#568403 Aug 6, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
castragatin xtians
but I am still an amateur
to bad youre so un attractive eh snarl?

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#568404 Aug 6, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>You're laughing aren't you? I am, what else can one do?
I'm always laughing at people like her.
It's not like you could help them or anything, so it's best to just enjoy their stupidity.

Montreal

#568405 Aug 6, 2013
Skombolis wrote:

Actually, there is no "redefinition," there is only the definition, according to you.
The definition of a spirit and spiritualism even proves you wrong, since one does not have to be religious at all to be spiritual.

Montreal

#568406 Aug 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Spiritual experience

Not limited to but including...
A heightened state of consciousness with an energetic boost elevating the emotion.
If I had to guess, it's input stimulus that has initiated using both hemispheres of the brain simultaneously or switching between them rapidly.

An instance of focused logical emotion. I do know people can trigger it within themselves or others in different way's.
But Skom only looks at a dictionary.
He has about as much spirit as a rock.

“All your bullets ricochet”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#568407 Aug 6, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there is no "redefinition," there is only the definition, according to you.
The definition of a spirit and spiritualism even proves you wrong, since one does not have to be religious at all to be spiritual.
And he doesn't like that. Not my problem.

“Saved. ”

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#568408 Aug 6, 2013
You seem to be saying that the truth of a statement depends on personal belief,
Regarding I Corinthians 2:14, absolutely. But obviously that may not fully be the case on other matters outside of religion and politics.
although I notice that your belief make the statement absolutely correct, whereas mine (belief) only allows me to say that it is incorrect in this one instance.
Correct.
Sorry, but I don't find this type of thinking to be of much use. Rather than make an affirmation and defend it, or rebut the elements of a contradictory claim, you try to suck the meaning out of the words.
I didn't feel any sort of commition on the matter when you initiated the inquiry. I was candid regarding our individual beliefs and frankly... I called it how I saw it: I made a positive AFFIRMATION regarding the scripture pertaining to my own beliefs and that was the scripture "is absolutely correct" and I also affirmed your own view which was to the contrary.
You apparently aren't as interested in finding out what I mean by words like "Christianity" and "spirituality" to exchange ideas using them as you are in seeing to it contrary claims made using those words don't have any definite meaning.
Personally, I don't find discussing words like Christianity and spirituality as unintellectual, even though they are over-generalized, imho. But for me, the examination of the other party's motives at their inquest is what I also find notably intriguing. Some ask honest questions to increase understanding and others may ask dishonest questions simply to be combative.
The nature of faith is that anything is true that you want to be true.
Using your definition it would include those who believe that God doesn't exist. If that isn't the case then honestly taking our universe's existence to it's logical conlusion ---> how can the universe come out of nothing?
My criteria for knowledge are different.
Knowledge is powerful. I'm learning that the virtue of humility is equally as important.

Cheers and Love, Quin

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#568409 Aug 6, 2013
Good Morning Everyone :) Jesus is Lord of All. Every knee shall bow. And every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord :) It is so :)

“Saved. ”

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#568410 Aug 6, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
Good Morning Everyone :) Jesus is Lord of All. Every knee shall bow. And every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord :) It is so :)
Good Morning & Amen...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#568411 Aug 6, 2013
Been in a hotel since 11 am yesterday.

Headed to Uwharrie to hang out a while with my animal side a bit longer.

Here. Laugh.

A male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose, still heavily sedated from a difficult, four-hour, surgical procedure. A young nurse arrives to give him a partial sponge bath.

“Nurse”, he mumbles, from behind the mask,“Are my testicles black?”

Embarrassed, the young nurse replies,“I don’t know, Sir, I’m only here to wash your upper body and feet.”

He struggles to ask again,“Nurse, are my testicles black?”

Concerned that he may elevate his vitals from worry about his testicles, she overcomes her embarrassment and sheepishly pulls back the covers. She raises his gown, holds his penis in one hand and his testicles in the other, lifting and moving them around. Then, she takes a close look and says,“There’s nothing wrong with them, Sir.”

The man pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her and says very slowly,“Thank you very much. That was absolutely wonderful, but listen very, very closely…

“Are - my - test - results - back?”

later, people.
RedHorseRevelati on

AOL

#568412 Aug 6, 2013

Bible PROOF 1.5 BIL MUSLIMS to die ---

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Truth 539,562
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Catcher1 734,045
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min bad bob 173,312
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 22 min Jim Justice 118,133
wonders on temple of solution (Jun '11) 42 min please help me 46
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 59 min Porkpie Hat 258,216
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed 1 hr dobryidrug 32
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 226,561
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••