Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Red Apples

Troy, MI

#568483 Aug 6, 2013
Skom wrote:
Nobody said atheists can't have spiritual experiences.

The Orderly wrote:
Except the Christian bible, in its usual diffuse way:

"A person who isn't spiritual doesn't accept the things of God's Spirit, for they are nonsense to him. He can't understand them because they are spiritually evaluated." - I Corinthians 2:14

Red Apples wrote:
Do you even comprehend what you read?

The Bible doesn't say "atheist can't have spiritual experiences" like your claiming. And it sure doesn't say that in the verse you tried to use for your spin and twist job.

That verse says a person who "isn't spiritual" doesn't understand the things of "God's Spirit" because they are "nonsense to him" and that he "can't understand them because they are spiritually evaluated/discerned"

Nowhere in that verse does it say quote: "atheist can't have spiritual experiences"

Your little attempt to spin and twist that verse in scripture (like you try to do all the time in here) has backfired in your face Orderly.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#568484 Aug 6, 2013
satanlives wrote:
Bible Quote for August 6
Killed by a Lion
Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him.(1 Kings 20:35-36 NLT)
Such a loving deity.

I'll take my chances with Satan. Satan is a more trustworthy character.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#568485 Aug 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree...
Maybe they don't get answered but if the act of praying makes Epi feel better...if it somehow lifts her being...then it has served a purpose whether you understand it or not.
What good does it do you to listen to music...sing the words...tap your foot...and so on and so on...even if you sound like you have a bucket on your head...you got some "lift" from that.
I like reading poetry...human interests stories...does that accomplish anything? Probably not but for a few minutes I am transferred out of my world in to someone elses.
Some things harm no one...how did Epi's post harm you?
THAT is more spiritual IMHO than what many Christians get out of their religion.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#568486 Aug 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>....
That post was addressed to one of Hawkings idiot worshiper right here on this thread that claimed something came from nothing LOL....
Which it does.
Just because you can't understand quantum mechanics doesn't mean it isn't correct.

I gave you an opportunity to explain how Hawkings is wrong and you ran away because you don't know what you are constantly babbling about. Sadly, you have lots of morons just like you for company.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#568487 Aug 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>But "it's wrong, because it's wrong" is quite legitimate. And Hawkings peers says he is wrong. Maybe it's because you're religious why you can't accept he is wrong :)
Just like your sect of Christianity is wrong because other sects of Christianity (peers) say it is wrong, right ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#568488 Aug 6, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
I know it is hard sometimes......
<giggles>

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#568489 Aug 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Which it does.
Just because you can't understand quantum mechanics doesn't mean it isn't correct.
I gave you an opportunity to explain how Hawkings is wrong
read the link.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#568490 Aug 6, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
pretending there is some fairy in the sky that will respond to your requests is a delusion and fantasy... delusions and fantasies are not reality and lead to further warping of the minds...
we have enough nut cases on this planet that we don't need to promote any more frauds and bull$-hit.... Hitler prayed a lot... the 9-11 kidnappers prayed as well....we know where those led to don't we...
There are many things on a daily basis that can and have caused harm to others...should we try to stop those things also?

Not everyone who prays goes out and starts wars...the majority don't.

I think...Epi is harmless...at least so far she has been.

BTW...do you drink alcohol? That sometimes kills.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#568491 Aug 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT is more spiritual IMHO than what many Christians get out of their religion.

Satan is the one true god

Since: Aug 13

Winter Park, FL

#568492 Aug 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a loving deity.
AMEN

Winter Park, FL

#568493 Aug 6, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
First you say:
"get a reality check...PRAYERS DON"T ACCOMPLISH JACK.."
Now you say prayers accomplish something.
Make up your mind, satan.
another mental giant...prayers are indicative of ignorance and stupidty...ignorance and stupidity led to those ...prayers to imaginary beings don't accomplish anything...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#568494 Aug 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
<giggles>
Behave.....

“"None shall pass"”

There

#568495 Aug 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>read the link.
ROFLMAO

You don't even understand what it says.

Explain how it contradicts Hawking.

You can start by explaining M-Theory.

I'll wait.

<orders lifetime supply of popcorn>

Winter Park, FL

#568496 Aug 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many things on a daily basis that can and have caused harm to others...should we try to stop those things also?
Not everyone who prays goes out and starts wars...the majority don't.
I think...Epi is harmless...at least so far she has been.
BTW...do you drink alcohol? That sometimes kills.
no I don't drink...you are right, not everyone who prays goes out and kills.... but they do waste their time where they could be accomplishing something useful to society or their lives...

so you would rather allow fraud to be rampant and mislead people with childish nonsense... wow... that's really an accomplishment..no wonder belief in god is inversely proportional to IQ...
Bongo

United States

#568497 Aug 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a loving deity.
Isn't that the only choice of a heretic? Only you didn't choose, you were already had.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#568498 Aug 6, 2013
Satan is the one true god wrote:
<quoted text>..... but they do waste their time where they could be accomplishing something useful to society or their lives.......
Like watching sitcoms and reality shows.

LOL

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#568499 Aug 6, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>read the link.
Your only criteria for rejecting Hawking is his statement that the universe didn't need god to be created.
So your theological reasoning has no basis in reality, because you believe YWHW exists and is the reason of this universe.
But you can offer less than Hawking can toward actually showing your claim is valid.

So whether Hawking is right or you are right are still questionable.
No one knows for sure, but he explores reasoning into exactly how it IS possible in new ways , based on physical constants and measurements that describe our reality.

While you rely on a 2200 year old book that is laughably in error of how this universe came to be and rely on faith that this thing YWHW exists, but cannot show a single shred of physical evidence that it does. While at the same time contemplate is is our error in judgement that we not share your delusion of a creator you absolutely cannot produce, invoke, communicate with or receive a message from. We have come to think people like you are "insane".

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#568500 Aug 6, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
Serah wrote:
Cheers ~ just wanted to share with those who care, that I have a scarf with me today that my Mum knitted for me about 20 years ago.... I can feel her energy often, and just gave the scarf a little pat and said "Hello Mum"!
There are those who think it is strange chatting with those who have passed over, and there are those who think it quite normal and comforting :)
Sometimes I think I am turning into my Mum ~ now using the perfume she used to use and gathering the things she gave me over the years to hold and to protect, and to pass on to my children and grandchildren. Perhaps I will make a Treasure Chest so that I can store my loved ones gifts of love that I have collected over many years....
---------
Hey Serah,
It’s nice that you can feel close to your Mum. I think making a treasure chest of gifts from loved one is good. Then you can go to it and look at the things and remember good times with them. I like having thing from loved one who are with Jesus now around. When I see them it makes me see them so clearly.
HFN
Thanks my Quad SeRaH ~ I still have some games that we used to play when my kids were little, and a remote control car in the box it was bought in, amongst other things. Mum used to make Crystal Trees until it got too hard for her to twist the copper wire, and she gave the set to me. In the box is a half made tree and a base ready for the next one to go on, and I will label these things and keep them for the next generations so that they too can get a glimpse of what their Great Grandmother was up to in her life. I agree with you also, when we see and feel the energy of our beloved loved ones, we get a boost of Spiritual energy that lifts our Hearts and Souls.

GOD Bless and I always love reading your replies ~ Serah :)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#568501 Aug 6, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
You don't even understand what it says.
Explain how it contradicts Hawking.
You can start by explaining M-Theory.
I'll wait.
<orders lifetime supply of popcorn>
Why. I outlined on that post specifically why other scientists are criticizing Hawkings and why the M-Theory is under attack. Here is the post again:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Go and read it. It has the links as to where I got the information.

Or---believe Hawkings. <shrughs>. I could not care less what you believe.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#568502 Aug 6, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello lil whispers :) I absolutely agree. It reminds me of the song count your blessings. When we look around us there is so much to be thankful for. Have a blessed day :)
Indeed we have much to be thankful for Bernie ~ GOD Bless and I hope that you too are feeling Blessed and Loved :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 15 min WaxBabydoll 423
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min Catcher1 56,046
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min Toby 106,068
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 29 min andet1987 2,331
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min Michael 650,325
Why did God allow sin into His universe? 59 min WasteWater 23
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Ooogah Boogah 971,787
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Xcentric in Vidor 445,915
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 20 hr akon mason 70
More from around the web