“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#568279 Aug 5, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you cleaned your cage today?
They may be moving waaasssuuup to a box.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#568280 Aug 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
A laptop computer. There is a difference between science and technology. Technology gave society the computer. Science is knowing.
This is why faith based thinkers have no voice in the scientific discussion. Your thinking is so terribly distorted. You are desperate to discredit science, so you give its credit to "technology." Technology is the application of science using materials. The computer existed almost immediately after scientists described its elements and their connections. Making it small enough to fit on your lap is technology.
trifecta1 wrote:
Which is why some of the fantastical nonsense some of these scientists have about humans and the universe--isn't science.
The scientists disagree, and the votes are in. The results of the vote are that science won unanimously, 1 to 0. Faith based thinkers get no vote, just like crack whores and rodeo clowns.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#568281 Aug 5, 2013
Well, laydees and gentlefellers...

I'm out fer tha nite.

Y'all be gewd.

(ceppin' fer Tide n HL. Y'all get durty)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#568282 Aug 5, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you tell that to the satanlives guy. He seems to think that science is never wrong.
I tried.

Almost everyone here claims they have some kind of absolute knowledge of the Universe.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the nonsense some post on both sides.

“The who whating how with huh?”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#568283 Aug 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Certainly. I want to add.

This goes beyond Christianity, too. Deity based, hive mind religion is a pox upon society and civilization. It pits humans against each other and themselves.
True but sometimes it's funny to watch.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#568284 Aug 5, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I ask if LLD was drunk?
Can't recall if it was you or Skom in that post. It doesn't matter anyway. A sarcastic question like that is far from the accusation RD made.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#568285 Aug 5, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooohhhhh! You changed it.....
You didn't ask about the supernatural, you asked about the "eyes of a newt".
I responded to your comment about the supernatural, and felt that your "Free" comment was in relation to that.

"Eye of Newt" was a device in this instance.

An over all representation of the "supernatural".

Earth

#568286 Aug 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Only if the underdog is Christian, there is a possibility the underdog can become Christian, or, by rooting for the underdog, the Christian can in some way feel better about themselves.

That is the attitude of many Christians, that are Americans.

There is an additional component to that statement above, too

If the "underdog" is a person or group that doesn't fall into the accepted or approved category as defined by Christian Americans, you can just about guarantee they don't root for those people.

There is a very small population of Americans that support the underdog, no matter who the underdog may be - barring ax murders, rapists, etc...- at all times
A bit hard to consider christians to be underdogs in the US, they seem to be doing a fine job of ruining the country.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#568287 Aug 5, 2013
What you know is not important to me. It's what I know that's important to me. What you think you know not matter to anyone except you.
[QUOTE who="It aint necessarily so"]<quoted text>
I know you're guessing not only because you told us so when you told us how subjective your religious knowledge is, but because I know that there is no knowledge on the subject available to you that is not also available to me.
What you know is not an issue. Why you think that such a comment will be believed is more interesting.
People write views everyday on the billboard. The issue isn't if I think my writing will be believed or not, I could not care less. The issue is I write, and it was read. That's what the billboard is about.

I read your writing. You did not expect anything more or less, than a response did you? I hope not LOL.

Fennario

#568288 Aug 5, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
God forces no one to Hell.
Then nobody has ever gone there or ever will.

Fennario

#568289 Aug 5, 2013
RiversideHick wrote:
There is never a legitimate reason to be condescending to folks.
Disagree. One would be that their ideas are destructive, that they don't care, and that you would rather be condescending to them than mute.
RiversideHick wrote:
Christians don't believe in a "father figure in the sky".
Disagree.

Earth

#568290 Aug 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>So you know about it, too.
Yeah. Didn't you get the memo?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#568291 Aug 5, 2013
What you believe by your preacher and chURCH leader Stephen Hawkins, is not science. It's put out so that religious gullible inferior wanna be atheists like you can sup it up and go bow before Hawkins chair. Real scientists---laughs off what he proposes, because it's prosperous. Religious wanna be zealots like you, is too blind to see that.
[QUOTE who="It aint necessarily so"]<quoted text>
This is why faith based thinkers have no voice in the scientific discussion. Your thinking is so terribly distorted. You are desperate to discredit science, so you give its credit to "technology." Technology is the application of science using materials. The computer existed almost immediately after scientists described its elements and their connections. Making it small enough to fit on your lap is technology.
<quoted text>
The scientists disagree, and the votes are in. The results of the vote are that science won unanimously, 1 to 0. Faith based thinkers get no vote, just like crack whores and rodeo clowns.
?? what vote? was their an election?? lol.

Earth

#568292 Aug 5, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>They may be moving waaasssuuup to a box.
Not sure if that's a good plan, he may pee on it then eat it, that's no way for a pet tard to live. I was never consulted on this matter.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#568293 Aug 5, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>When Lacez said that comment about 'bathing with your Dad' in a posting to me, of course I would take it as my Dad, he was replying accordingly.
However, what most of you don't seem to understand, is that he was suggesting that they bathe with someone's Dad, if not mine, and it was still offensive.
Not to worry RR, we seek that which we find, and that is how it will always be and it is our right to do so :)
Give it up Serah. You have run that pity party in to the ground. You assumed he was talking about you...just like you did when I posted something about fathers that commit incest.

This is the type of treatments that Lacez was referring to.

http://rt.com/usa/california-ban-gay-therapy-...

Reparative therapy techniques

'Reparative therapy,' which claims to help gay men become heterosexual, faced a courtroom test in November when four men from New Jersey filed a civil suit against Jews Offering New Alternatives for Healing (JONAH), and the allegedly humiliating methods used in the treatment.

The former clients claimed they were emotionally harmed by the therapy's techniques, which included stripping naked in front of a counselor and beating effigies of their mothers, intimate embraces with other men,

visiting bath houses in order to be nude around 'father figures,'

and being ridiculed as 'faggots' and 'homos' in mock locker room scenarios.

The four said they paid thousands of dollars for the treatment, yet were held at fault when the therapy failed to convert them into heterosexuals.

Though mental health associations stopped labeling homosexuality as a psychological disorder in the 1970s, some renegade therapists, conservative religious leaders and self-identified 'life coaches' argue that same-sex attraction is not determined by genetics.

They created a field of 'sexual orientation change efforts,' which may include psychoanalysis, behavioral therapy and religious and spiritual counseling. In the past, some licensed therapists also used nausea-inducing drugs and hormone treatments to deter homosexuality.

Therapists seeking to change a patient's sexual orientation also made men spend more time with heterosexuals participating in sports and avoiding members of the opposite sex, except for romantic contact.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#568294 Aug 5, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
True but sometimes it's funny to watch.
Yeah, I'm amazed and entertained here on an almost daily basis at some of the things said.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#568295 Aug 5, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Didn't you get the memo?
Apparently not, it's the orbiting Teapot and the time lag I guess.

I'll probably get the memo in a week or two.... or maybe I got it and threw it out a year ago?... I dunno.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#568296 Aug 5, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if that's a good plan, he may pee on it then eat it, that's no way for a pet tard to live. I was never consulted on this matter.
"OH"

Didn't you get the memo?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#568297 Aug 5, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
What you believe by your preacher and chURCH leader Stephen Hawkins, is not science.....
ROFLMAO

Please explain in detail the flaws you found in in Hawking's theories.

Here, I'll help:

"There are compact Reechi flat metrics of any dimension, many with high dimensional modulie spaces. Thus eleven-dimensional supergravity, or M theory, admits a very large number of solutions and compactifications. There may be some principle that we haven' t yet thought of, that restricts the possible models to a small sub class, but it seems unlikely. Thus I believe that we have to invoke the Anthropic Principle. Many physicists dislike the Anthropic Principle. They feel it is messy and vague, it can be us ed to explain almost anything, and it has little predictive power. I sympathize with these feelings, but the Anthropic Principle seems essential in quantum cosmology. Otherwise, why should we live in a four dimensional world, and not eleven, or some other number of dimensions. The anthropic answer is that two spatial dimensions, are not enough for complicated structures, like intelligent beings. On the other hand, four or more spatial dimensions would mean that gravitational and electric forces would fall off faster than the inverse square law. In this situation, planets would not have stable orbits around their star, nor electrons have stable orbits around the nucleus of an atom. Thus intelligent life, at least as we know it, could exist only in four dimensions. I very much doubt we will find a non anthropic explanation."

http://www.hawking.org.uk/quantum-cosmology-m...

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#568298 Aug 5, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>**POSTED TO IAN**PORTIONS SNIPPED*And no stalker boy, just like i am not telling you what suburb I live in, I also am not telling you the make and model of my car What I will tell you is I know what pic you used to have on your FB account (big surprise) and i know who contacted you to be friends and i know who you are
.. prove that you know IANS true identity ..

1. Is IAN slender, medium, husky or fat?

2. What type of pet does he have?

3. Does he have facial hair or is he clean-shaven?

4. What's the first letter of his first name?

5. What's the last letter of his last name?

.. if you choose not to respond to these questions, we'll all know you're fibbing ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Pegasus 263,562
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min dirty white boy- 765,021
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min Ratloder 119,269
Abu dhabi massage for men 0555079516 Alisa 14 min alisa 1
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 40 min Hatti_Hollerand 68
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 42 min truth 932
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 50 min truth 5,436
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 554,991

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE