Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#568069 Aug 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =r-hp5RTGZ2IXX
http://boredcouple.net/wp-content/uploads/201...
Which one do you think I've done?
Yes

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#568070 Aug 4, 2013
What is the fruit of the Spirit.

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, faith, meekness, temperance. Galatians 5:22-23

“"None shall pass"”

There

#568071 Aug 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Then of course you going to turn to other things like science, and shy away from the history of the Bible....
I see no contradiction between the Bible and Science.

If one's interpretation of Scripture doesn't fit the reality revealed by science then their interpretation is of Satan.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#568072 Aug 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this thread is officially ours now.
Let's have sex with the lights on.
<opens the car door>

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#568073 Aug 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
What is the fruit of the Spirit.
The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, faith, meekness, temperance. Galatians 5:22-23
What is the fruit of the Loom?

Softness, support, unnecessary and disposable.

What's that stain?

Doesn't matter, toss em.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#568074 Aug 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
<opens the car door>
Leg room?

Wait, which one of these 3 is your leg?

Location hidden

#568075 Aug 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no contradiction between the Bible and Science.
If one's interpretation of Scripture doesn't fit the reality revealed by science then their interpretation is of Satan.
By who standard man's, Mankind has developed waste materials and got stupid and does not now how to dispose of it. Carlsbad New Mexico is now used as it dumping ground. To spoil the earth Now tell me if science was so smart to development why did they not discover a disposal system too not very smart was it. If they cannot understand science what in the world would ever make you think they could make a interpretation of Scriptures. Since a lot of it was written in codes. You see no contradictions because the truth just might shock you.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#568076 Aug 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
You still think that was water?
It's not like I tasted it, or much of it.

Location hidden

#568077 Aug 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I think this thread is officially ours now.
Let's have sex with the lights on.
Do we have enough chairs for everyone?

I don't want people to have to sit on the floor where the view isn't as good.

Location hidden

#568078 Aug 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Leg room?
Wait, which one of these 3 is your leg?
The one in the middle stand up and talk smack to you and the other two will just wrap there selfs around you. lol River you as bright as a broom stick honey.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#568079 Aug 4, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I disagree. You could publish this as cultural anth or ANT sociology (actor-network-theory, w/the caveat that the network is this space). This is a wonderful example of cultural mores, tropes, and representations. We have real versus ideal culture on display 24/7 here - your discussion above with Skom is wonderfully representative of that ("my church preaches love and you're insane and a liar" - how much more representative can you get for ideal/real culture than that???).

Lots of social science topics here: how people understand, construct, explain and profess religion and science, differing ways of arguing between atheists and the religious, how people choose their identities (atheist, religious, nonbeliever, agnostic, deist, etc), how people flirt, discuss sex, morality, religious and atheist constructions of history, etc., etc.

You're more than meticulous enough to do just that. In fact, were I doing a study on people here, I'd request your notes :) and search-fu.

There are lots of ways to quantify these discussions - they're a rich source of information. Offhand, you could:
- enter the conversations into a social science program like NVIVO
- run percentages on who uses what phrases and words
- check to see how they're used in context
- as you note patterns emerge, ask people for further clarification on their thoughts
- correlate these with whatever background info you believe is relevant (age, birthplace, residence, religious affiliation, level of bigotry, education, musical preferences, whatever)

In cult. anth, you'd pay particular attention to how ideas are made/thought real, how experience becomes lexical or how it is dynamic, how ideas shape behavior (witness theists conceding through Biblical references, atheists giving way to scientific references, etc.)

In linguistic anth, you'd pay attention to how words frame experience, beliefs, mores - how the feedback between the two work, how behavior is influenced via words, informs words, how words are altered, and alter thinking, etc.

It's quite meaningful and it could easily be social science. No worries on the sample - those are important caveats to note before engaging in results and theory: "this group is a bunch of Internet posters who spend a lot of time here; they may not be representative of the population at large" etc.
Interesting. Thanks.

I think that these people are typical Christians behaving typically. Why wouldn't they be? A few seem like good people, but most aren't. They still represent over 70% of America.

The unbelievers posting here are a fine group of people, and offer a striking contrast with the Christians. And the thread as a whole gives us an idea of what a more secular country could be like.

Having the Christian church playing such a large role in the shaping of the moral and intellectual fiber of a nation is obviously a significant burden on the culture, and diminishing its influence can only be helpful.

Location hidden

#568080 Aug 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<opens the car door>

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#568081 Aug 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, there are no bad seats.

I'm going away for a few weeks. If anyone asks, tell them it's not a reason to panic. I promise, if a bullet hits my brain, it won't be from my hand.

Location hidden

#568082 Aug 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up there see that high wire the general manger has said, due to seating space the two of you shall perform on the high wire so the view and picture takers get good shot for the magazine center fold.Congraduations on learning to work with lighting. lol lol.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#568083 Aug 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
The one in the middle stand up and talk smack to you and the other two will just wrap there selfs around you. lol River you as bright as a broom stick honey.
Broom stick?

I'm a lesbian, not a witch.

Sometimes, I rhyme with witch.

Would you like to know what my last sexual partner said to me as I was walking out of her apartment?

I would too. I shut the door too fast.

There's really no way to go back and ask.

Location hidden

#568084 Aug 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Trust me, there are no bad seats.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XlW4TZ2YEXAXX
I'm going away for a few weeks. If anyone asks, tell them it's not a reason to panic. I promise, if a bullet hits my brain, it won't be from my hand.
Curious. I didn't see a scoreboard.

---

Few weeks? Few means two? That's too many.

Remember to take your Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It has the words DON'T PANIC inscribed in large friendly letters on its cover.

I won't be the only one to miss you.

Goodnight and see you later, River. <3

Location hidden

#568085 Aug 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Broom stick?
I'm a lesbian, not a witch.
Sometimes, I rhyme with witch.
Would you like to know what my last sexual partner said to me as I was walking out of her apartment?
I would too. I shut the door too fast.
There's really no way to go back and ask.
So you grabbed the wrong thing and got throwed out on your bums lol. Should have had the light on or maybe your glasses.lol

Location hidden

#568086 Aug 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Look up there see that high wire the general manger has said, due to seating space the two of you shall perform on the high wire so the view and picture takers get good shot for the magazine center fold.Congraduations on learning to work with lighting. lol lol.
We work without a net over a tank filled with sharks.

The net would only make it harder to get to the sharks.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#568087 Aug 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
By who standard man's, Mankind has developed waste materials and got stupid and does not now how to dispose of it. Carlsbad New Mexico is now used as it dumping ground. To spoil the earth Now tell me if science was so smart to development why did they not discover a disposal system too not very smart was it. If they cannot understand science what in the world would ever make you think they could make a interpretation of Scriptures. Since a lot of it was written in codes. You see no contradictions because the truth just might shock you.
If your interpretation of Scripture doesn't match reality then your interpretation of Scripture is false or the Scripture itself is false.

Any other way of looking at is pure insanity.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#568088 Aug 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'll always love you, Bowy...4REAL 5 min Doctor REALITY 3
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 13 min Poppyann 3,054
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min MUQ2 71,226
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 46 min jane 103
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 659,007
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr crucifiedguy 5,101
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr River Tam 974,884
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 6 hr Fit2Serve 298
More from around the web