Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#567996 Aug 4, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Prediction: laughter comes from certain stimuli and not others. It has measurable effect on the person's emotional state.
I was going to explain the importance of testability to RR, but I think you'd do a better job.

You'll do it, right, and give me a discount on the service?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#567997 Aug 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
When I was living in Shanghai, I taught English to some orphans. I really miss that.
I've been thinking, when I get finished with college, about adopting. I'm not sure, with my history, if I would even be considered fit to be a parent.
I know some people.

You just tell me when.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#567998 Aug 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't stop lying about people.
Thanks once again for proving me correct.
Wait a sec..
Skombolis and Lupy targeted me in a debate the other night and their insult towards me -
was I was drunk. That's all they could throw at me cause they are weak hearted.
You laughed and joked w Lupy about AA .

Red Apples threw the same sh't at me this morning and you call him a liar?

You puzzle me..

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#567999 Aug 4, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Its been said often, If Jesus offers you a gift and you refuse it, who does it belong to? You made your bed, sleep in it. Science cant even figue out the soul spirit heart and many other things . They make judgement on what they can see etc. There is much you cant see. Theres more than just myriad radio stations etc flowing through the air

Delusion is the playground of the theist.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#568001 Aug 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to explain the importance of testability to RR, but I think you'd do a better job.
You'll do it, right, and give me a discount on the service?
<punch!>

"Owe! Hiding? What?"

<waaap!>

<Tide flails arms rapidly>

"Stop! Stop!"

<slap, slap, skaaaa-slappo!>

"What the hell???"

"Oh, I don't know. Just doin' some superhero stuff."
Bongo

United States

#568002 Aug 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusion is the playground of the theist.
interesting that you consider 90 percent of the world in delusion. It must be lonely

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#568003 Aug 4, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Some Anthropologist may be atheist, but you're not one of them. I know what Anthropologist means, ever heard of a dictionary?? ay!lol!. <quoted text>
So what if some scientists reject subjective reality in religion? <shrugs> What some scientist thinks about religion is irrelevant. Some scientists have fantastical science fiction absurd hypothetical theories that is so more less believable than Christianity or Islam or even Zeus that even hollywood would laugh at some of these "scientists" lol
Some boys are real boys Pinocchio, some day you may be a real boy too.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#568010 Aug 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?
*runs*
Why run ? Do you run from work?

I need the ruler so you can measure that wall to build a bookcase.
I need to know how much wood and material is needed to complete the job to a finished product.

Using the ruler and your knowledge, what is your best theory of what it will take to do that?

I would say hypothesis,or estimate but you are an accomplished carpenter or cabinet builder. I know you have built them before so some measurements are based on multiples of that figure, so I've confidence you can make the estimate
and tell me in theory the figure.

Now after giving me the estimate, can you answer a question?

Did you use religion to give me the estimate?
Did you pray to measure, or use the ruler?
Is carpentry a religion?

Scientist use their rulers , they do not pray to measure with them.
Some measurements are based on figures used before so measurements are based on those figures. F = ma Exactly like carpentry, now the question to triflecka1 is what makes science a religion if carpentry is not? F = G* m1m2/(R^2)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#568012 Aug 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right!
Real men don't do laundry.
>:)
I don't do laundry.

I throw clothes in a magic box that makes them wet then transfer them to a magic box that dries them.

I hear there is a magic box that makes dishes clean, going to have to get one.
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#568014 Aug 4, 2013
Lt .William G Boykin, Pentagon's Undersecretary for intelligence,
Superpatriotism, Michael Parenti, p59

The Pentagon's Undersecretary for intelligence Lt William G Boykin. In 2003, appearing in uniform before fundamentalist Christian groups, Boykin announced that
Bush "was not elected by a majority of the voters... he was appointed by God."

Explaining how he prevailed against a Muslim militia leader in the 1993 US invasion of Somalia, Boykin proclaimed, "I knew my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol."

“"None shall pass"”

There

#568015 Aug 4, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text> Continued.
How terrible it will be for you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you build tombs for the prophets your ancestors killed and decorate the graves of the godly people your people destroyed. They you say, We never would have joined them in the killing of the prophets.
Prophesying the mass murder of Jews by Christians.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#568016 Aug 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a sec..
Skombolis and Lupy targeted me in a debate the other night and their insult towards me -
was I was drunk. That's all they could throw at me cause they are weak hearted.
You laughed and joked w Lupy about AA .
Red Apples threw the same sh't at me this morning and you call him a liar?
You puzzle me..
There is a difference between someone asking a sarcastic question in the middle of an argument and some jackass making an isolated accusation as a fact for no reason whatsoever.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#568018 Aug 4, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Does this mean youre pretty? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YeFqVtFCJEkXX
Some people like the way i look.

Some people find me hideous.

It's a perspective thing, is it not?

United States

#568019 Aug 4, 2013
George Soros
America, under Bush, is a danger to the world ... Bush feels that on September 11th he was anointed by God. He's leading the U.S. and the world toward a vicious circle of escalating violence.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#568020 Aug 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't do laundry.
I throw clothes in a magic box that makes them wet then transfer them to a magic box that dries them.
I hear there is a magic box that makes dishes clean, going to have to get one.
So that what ya call them. lol. Yep there one that cleans dishes and dries them. lol and there is one just turn the bottom on set it floor and it cleans up everything off the floor. Then there one that makes ice tea, another one that makes soda pop, another one that makes homemade bread, lol Then there is one that gives whirlpool baths, You need to go shopping and buy some cashmere blanket and valco too. lol. The wonder of it all ha ha.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#568021 Aug 4, 2013
UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
George Soros
America, under Bush, is a danger to the world ... Bush feels that on September 11th he was anointed by God. He's leading the U.S. and the world toward a vicious circle of escalating violence.

Unwise Praetorian to advance without shield sword or helmet.
The world IS a danger, the warrior need not reasons holy, nor war to cut you asunder.

United States

#568023 Aug 4, 2013
Palestinian foreign minister Nabil Shaath - June 2003
Bush said God told him to invade Iraq
AGENCE FRANCE PRESSE, October 6, 2005
http://www.newsday.com
k
"President Bush said to all of us:'I'm driven with a mission from God.
'God would tell me,'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'.'
"And I did, and then God would tell me,'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq...' And I did.
"'And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me,'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God I'm gonna do it<"
"So I will get you a Palestinian state."

United States

#568024 Aug 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Unwise Praetorian to advance without shield sword or helmet.
The world IS a danger, the warrior need not reasons holy, nor war to cut you asunder.
T.J Rodgers, CEO of Cypress Semiconductor San Jose Mercury News, December 29, 2005

Our own government is a bigger threat to our freedom than any possible menace posed by Al-Qaida.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#568025 Aug 4, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Prophesying the mass murder of Jews by Christians.
What ever you think, just remember your only a opinion.

Flushing, NY

#568026 Aug 4, 2013
GW Bush mid-2004 - Pennsylvania newspaper reported his telling a local Amish audience,
"Kevin Phillips, Theocons and Theocrats
The Nation magazine, May 1, 2006

"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Ms Sassy 37,117
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Gods r Delusion x... 688,787
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 47 min Aerobatty 988,537
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 2 hr Fate Of The World 12
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 5 hr Johnny 12
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 8 hr Johnny 19
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 9 hr My opinion 6,549
More from around the web