Is it worth five bucks to watch?
Five bucks? Wow.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#567841 Aug 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm sure there is a Satan.
What I meant is why can't YOU (or people like you) consider the possibility?
Because they would have to believe that GOD existed , if they believe Satan existed,and they know this.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#567842 Aug 4, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>??? so you write a few mathematical equations as evidence that you're not a person of faith??
Really?
I'm not a person who thinks science is a faith triflecta1.
I have faith my son will make me proud and be a good man.
I do have faith in some things that fit the need of faith, but my belief and faith ends when it comes to discovering how things work as described by Newton, Einstein, Hubble, Avogadro, Planck and Faraday.
It isn't a religion that Tesla created, nor was it magical poofing that Andrew Grove used to create the chips that allow you to talk to me in this forum. Consider that.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#567843 Aug 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I'm still considering the possibility of the invisible pink unicorn.
Nonsense stuff must be considered one at a time.
And since you are sure there is a Satan, tell me, does he carry that legendary pitchfork around all the time?
I don't mean to sound condescending, RR, but....actually, I do mean to be condescending.
You really should grow up.
Why do you consider not believing to be "grown up"?

Location hidden

#567844 Aug 4, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Five bucks? Wow.
Oh, it's on cable. On Demand.

Have you seen it?
Bongo

Brentwood, NY

#567845 Aug 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a person who thinks science is a faith triflecta1.
I have faith my son will make me proud and be a good man.
I do have faith in some things that fit the need of faith, but my belief and faith ends when it comes to discovering how things work as described by Newton, Einstein, Hubble, Avogadro, Planck and Faraday.
It isn't a religion that Tesla created, nor was it magical poofing that Andrew Grove used to create the chips that allow you to talk to me in this forum. Consider that.
vicariously aunt myth, God gave those men all ability.

Location hidden

#567846 Aug 4, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Then you think that I can learn from this, but not publish it as a controlled trial? I would agree.
Of course, I'm not looking to quantify the phenomena or make scientific statements. Getting a qualitative feel for the diversity of Christian types is sufficient. I am seeing a cross section of the array of Christians that post on message boards, and assuming that that they are roughly representative of their peers that don't post here. What I see is that a large swath of them know nothing about love, ethics or spirituality, and have a greater commitment to the pursuit of heaven than to the pursuit of truth or "the world." I saw the same phenomenon at a national level just before and during the Iraqi War. Where was the love, the moral fiber and the spirituality then? On the bumpers that read "Bless Our Troops"?
It's very hard for me to believe that what we see here isn't meaningful. And we can see it closer here - in much greater depth and detail.
So yes, this is entertainment. But it can be more. I think that you can learn valid ans useful things here. I think I have.
Would you agree?
I have learned there are people who are worth knowing , and some that aren't. Yes you can learn useful things. I have mixed feeling's and issues about ...

" I saw the same phenomenon at a national level just before and during the Iraqi War. Where was the love, the moral fiber and the spirituality then? On the bumpers that read "Bless Our Troops"?"

The bad part is it isn't over yet , more on that later ..but.
I still think there is a insurmountable ratio here that throws the proverbial monkey wrench into everything at work here in topix.
The answer is yes I agree mostly. lol
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#567847 Aug 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
a 'Tip'

When they can't answer your questions or give a good debate on a giving subject----they tell us to 'grow up' or 'how old are you??'
that is their cop out attitude, to get out of answering intelligently---they think it gets them off the hook to answer, they think we won't notice that.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#567848 Aug 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, it's on cable. On Demand.

Have you seen it?
Not yet. Just the first one.

Location hidden

#567849 Aug 4, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Why call you anything at all?
Why do you need a label?
I do not feel the need to define someone's soul..
Just as I do not believe in putting God in a man made box..
I believe God can be found in a Jewish temple.. I believe He can be found in
the RCC even.. He is there for all..
Not one soul can claim Him for their own.
Yet, they try and try..
People die in wars over religion..
I don't get it..
Religion is organized to motivate people to the agenda of an empire, it is used in that way. Your God may exist I cannot say with absolute certainty either way. But understand how men use this belief you hold to advance the needs of the empire that is composed of others like you.

You said..
"People die in wars over religion..
I don't get it.."

I answered your question, realize.
You may believe God is in those places but.
You're going to find an Empire before you find that God in those places every single time.

Location hidden

#567850 Aug 4, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I post about your gender disturbance,
only bastard Quirl like you never admit own filth and moral dung
blaiming others they are alone seating every day with second man d...in their a...and drink man sperm on breakfast
Pfuj Pfuj? do you feel my fluid on your Quirl Face???
you miserable Schwuchtel
Your are the monkey I warned IANS about, behave lil monkey!
You are impressing your god here you know..he can see you.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#567851 Aug 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to the Satan thing.

Look, I understand a belief in a god of some sort, as an attempt to find an answer to why we're here and all that. I have no such belief, because I only accept things based on evidence, but as I say, I understand it, and I wouldn't say it necessarily makes you childish.

But when you start to develop a cast of characters, such as a Satan, angels, St. Peter, all the other folks in your mythology, I have to laugh.

I consider that to be infantile. Not for grownups.

That's why I joke around about the invisible pink unicorn. I don't see any difference.

Location hidden

#567852 Aug 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everything can be explained away with a scientific theory.
Not everything needs to be tested.
People laugh. FACT.
No testing required.
I agree with that kinda RR, but can you answer these two questions for me.

Do you think scientific theory is necessary to explain things?

Do you think things not understood completely, can eventually become understood by investigating and experimenting this thing?

Location hidden

#567853 Aug 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I understand a belief in a god of some sort, as an attempt to find an answer to why we're here and all that. I have no such belief, because I only accept things based on evidence, but as I say, I understand it, and I wouldn't say it necessarily makes you childish.
But when you start to develop a cast of characters, such as a Satan, angels, St. Peter, all the other folks in your mythology, I have to laugh.
That's why I joke around about the invisible pink unicorn. I don't see any difference.
I understand your POV, Catch.

But it's condescending to call someone childish for a belief.

You're better than that.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#567854 Aug 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you have evidence that God doesn't exist and do you have evidence that satan doesn't exist?. What are those evidence?

Location hidden

#567855 Aug 4, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> vicariously aunt myth, God gave those men all ability.
That is your belief Bongo, but you will not rob them of the hard work they did to achieve something.
That they gave was theirs to give to us, and was a purely a human endeavor devised by men. The gifts men give themselves.

Location hidden

#567856 Aug 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with that kinda RR, but can you answer these two questions for me.
Do you think scientific theory is necessary to explain things?
Do you think things not understood completely, can eventually become understood by investigating and experimenting this thing?
I think scientific theory is only capable of explaining the currently explainable. I don't ignore anything simply because science is ignorant of it.

Yes, I agree to that.

Location hidden

#567857 Aug 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think scientific theory is only capable of explaining the currently explainable. I don't ignore anything simply because science is ignorant of it.
Yes, I agree to that.

Then we can agree on something, Bravo.. now where did I put my ruler....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#567858 Aug 4, 2013
Replacing Christian values with humanist values in the law, in public policy, and as the dominant paradigm in the culture at large seems cruel and selfish to you? I think the opposite.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes it does seem cruel and selfish to me. And you already know why.
No, I don't. Nor can I imagine what your answer will be.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Because humanism/atheism seek to tear down everything I believe in to be good.
You put up billboards saying "In Good We Trust".
You sell books titled "Good Without God".
You promote anti-Christian ethics.
You scorn & mock Christian beliefs as if they're bad.
You promote the punishment of a high school student for thanking God for winning a game.
You prosecute a Christian apartment owner for not renting an apartment to an unmarried couple.
You promote your own religion and values as if they're any better.
How is that cruel? What's cruel is marginalizing and dehumanizing gays and atheists. That will end for a net decrease in cruelty on that basis alone.

And how is that selfish? You have had the opposite for yourselves for centuries. Now we want to have the status that you have enjoyed. Actually, you are sounding a little selfish here.

We wouldn't have to sue you if you'd respect boundaries.

As for billboards, here's tell me what you think of this timeless message:
http://blueollie.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But you know what? You won't win. We Christians have been struggling with you humanists/atheists since Biblical times.
You have, have you? I don't think so.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You haven't won in 2,000 years. You won't win for the next 2,000 years.
I'm not sure how you measure winning, but you are about to lose majority status in America. It's going to take a miracle to stop halt the momentum of the last 25 years.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#567859 Aug 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I think you misunderstood me.
I don't mean that Satan waived his magic little evil wand and poofed us to be evil. I mean he influences people in a negative way.
Ultimately it's the persons fault for falling for the temptations, not Satan's.
From a Christian POV, it's Satan's influence.
From an atheist POV, it's negative influences.
Both are right.
No, the Christian POV is a fantasy.

There's no limit to the amount of POVs that can be fabricated that would be equal to the Christian POV.

Do you think you deserve more respect for your POV that someone who believes that the Lizard People have been systematically dismantling our country? You don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 min ChromiuMan 5,471
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min RADEKT 261,687
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 4 min Dr_Zorderz 4,781
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 750,801
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 548,735
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 8 min Dubai Massage 055... 118
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 min waaasssuuup 441,441
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min ChristineM 230,023

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE