Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#567009 Aug 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom !!
Are you going to fight with IANS some more?
I'm just asking.
Could you leave HL out of it please? She just tries to bring peace.
You and I know that's not possible but she doesn't. She's not nearly as vicious as we are.
For me? Please.
I only referenced HL to remind him of the conversation

I literally said back in May when this happened, that it one a rare moment of honesty by Ians even with HL trying to cover for him

I understand why it looked like I was trying to bring her into it and like I was saying something negative about her today. But I was just quoted an old conversation to show i remembered exactly what he said and what conversation it was in

I have no problem leaving her out of it now...for you:)

Location hidden

#567010 Aug 3, 2013
Edit Tam

"Skoms says:

Wow, an actual moment of honesty by IANs even with HL trying to cover for you'

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Just wanted you to see I actually was referencing an older post, not making a present time challenging post about her

(T) Peace

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#567011 Aug 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I stopped believing any of your pretend social agenda a long time ago.
Your belief is not solicited.
Skombolis wrote:
what you really are is someone who is mad they didn't get enough respect from a Christian dominated society.
I get more respect than I need. I always have.

The only place that I am disrespected is right here on Topix, and then only by rabid and zealous Christians like you.
Skombolis wrote:
Everything you do is only about you.
You have no idea what I do.
Skombolis wrote:
You don't want a better world. You want the same world..just with you in charge instead of Christians.
Not me personally. I'm not available to run the world. I'm retired.

But I do want the humanists replacing the Christians as the arbiters of what is right and wrong, and what is good and noble. That will be a better world than the one shaped by the Christian vision.

Fennario

#567012 Aug 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You never said a word in defense of Lacez until it was self-serving for you to do so.
I don't think I defended Lacez at all, at least not personally or individually.

Are you referring to my criticism of your homophobic church? There's nothing in the criticism of Christian homophobia for me except the satisfaction of pursuing justice and kindness. To do that, we will need to discredit your church.
Skombolis wrote:
Like I said, this isn't about a better world for you, it is about a shift in power
I have always said that it is about 1s a shift in power.

And I have never said that what I do here was about a better world for me. But you just did: "Everything you do is only about you."

What we do here won't make my world better. It will make America better beginning in about twenty to thirty years, which at 59 and living abroad can't help me.

It's about making this a better world for posterity.

Location hidden

#567013 Aug 3, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You don't find that out until you are already vested in the religion..
Right

Which is why its not bait and switch!

Nobody became a Christian because they thought they were going to get super powers

And anybody that would try to do that wouldn't be someone with true faith. And God isn't going to give anything to someone trying to run a con

The only true way to come into Christianity is by faith. Anybody doing it for any other reason b definition isn't doing it out of faith.

A real Christian can't get baited as the only thing that draws him to God is faith and love. Not trying to get super powers

And of course parables are not literal. You really need that explained to you?

Parable definition:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/parabl...

But this is why it is tiring even playing your game where you pretend like you didn't used to be a Christian. When you were a Christian, did you think parables were literal? I seriously doubt you did. So why would you pretend now to have a problem with that explanation? Oh wait..because honesty doesn't matter to you, only trying to further your cause

I am going to start reminding you every time you pretend like you didn't used to be a Christian and say things you never thought or believed when you were one or act like its some crazy foreign concept or pretend like you don't know parables are not literal or any other time you do it

Location hidden

#567014 Aug 3, 2013
Edit Ians

It copied the last link as it didn't take when I copied the definition

Definition of parable:

a short allegorical story designed to illustrate or teach some truth, religious principle, or moral lesson.

Location hidden

#567015 Aug 3, 2013
<quoted text>

But I do want the humanists replacing the Christians as the arbiters of what is right and wrong, and what is good and noble. That will be a better world than the one shaped by the Christian vision.
Like i said, you simply want a shift in power

Its funny how many trolls iconned my post saying that. It has been obvious since day 1

You are bigoted towards Christians. You condemn their morality. You are not looking for a better world that has more tolerance and love across the board. You enjoy hating Christians. You simply want your minority to be the majority. All that nonsense you spout about humanism and ethics is the bait and switch. You want people to think they are supporting someone who stands for something better so they will support you. But if any of them were actually paying attention they would see you just want your bigoted agenda to be in power and that would require changing the status quo

If actually believed any of the things you claim you believe, you would apply those standards across the board. You aren't against bigotry or intolerance in general. You just don't want to see potential allies targeted. You are all for it if it is your perceived enemies

You really are a fake. But you put a lot of work into selling it. The constitution, the new demographic, the age of enlightenment, etc, etc. If it actually had any impact on real life whatsoever it would have been a somewhat impressive effort. Even as disingenuous as it is

Fennario

#567016 Aug 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
It also encompasses the Christian theory of: "Islam is even worse than Christianity!"
That argument is frequently proffered as a reason why unbelievers should support Christianity, the implication being that allowing the Christian church to languish and die will create a vacuum that will filled by something worse.

What a compelling argument to embrace Christianity: it's not the very worst religion.

Location hidden

#567017 Aug 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't think I defended Lacez at all, at least not personally or individually.
That was my point! You couldn't have cared less one way or the other. But once you saw support for him was picking up some momentum and I am sure also saw he might actually be useful as an ally, then suddenly you were outraged by the terrible things said to him!

Until you saw you could benefit by it, you didn't say a word. That's you in a nutshell.
I have always said that it is about 1s a shift in power.
Well, there ya go

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#567018 Aug 3, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing that. Sometimes we do need stop and think about the positive good things that God has provided and given us. It is easy to forget and let things make you miss them. I’m glad you are staying in touch with Him. If we seek Him we will find Him.:) You have help me to try to do that more my friend. Thank you.((((SeRaH))))
My pleasure, Sweet Treasure :)

Fennario

#567019 Aug 3, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
My prediction...
- he won't understand
- he'll post a link to the dictionary
- he will call you a liar at some point
- and, if you're lucky, bigot
Don't forget retard, and then a snicker. It's must be that power of the his holy spirit to which he refers - you know, the gifts he was promised.

Location hidden

#567020 Aug 3, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Geezes Crest! Why didn't you just say so?!?
You mean all this time we've been arguing over totally different, unrelated things?!?
Alright. I'm mature enough to not call you a liar. I admit it was just an honest mistake where we got heated and thought the other person was crazy. I'll even admit I insulted you first.
Wow, how annoying, Skom. I hope we can laugh about this later.
No, I'm sorry Skom, I didn't realize you were talking about different questions. If you wrote them, for whatever reason - anger, tiredness, delusions of grandeur - I didn't see them. I can't believe I missed 6 posts. I'll take your word for it.
If you're kind enough to post them again, I'll do my very best to answer them honestly and without insulting you.
I don't know how things got crossed up but obviously they did

I would rather just go forward from here though instead of resurrecting the debate we were trying to have. We spent a lot of time on it already and I think we can both agree it wasn't going to end in agreement anyways

Let's just try to start over more civil on our next exchange, whatever that happens to be on. I'm up for that

(T) Peace

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#567021 Aug 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Tam
"Skoms says:
Wow, an actual moment of honesty by IANs even with HL trying to cover for you'
Just wanted you to see I actually was referencing an older post, not making a present time challenging post about her
(T) Peace
I was still a teenager then.

Some people have references that they can pull up from years ago. I don't have that luxury.

I speak in the present. My views don't change much if at all.

HL is a beautiful person. She implores me to be a better person. So far, she has failed but she keeps trying. I'm not salvageable. She denies that. That's how cool she is.

Your fight with IANS doesn't involve me. I think it's stupid to take up so much bandwidth when there is no hope of detente but that's just me.

Fennario

#567022 Aug 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You dishonestly edited RA's post to make it look like he was complaining about being picked on Are you just pretending that didn't happen all together now?
Look at how much energy you spend dancing around an issue that wouldn't be significant were it true. Here you are writing post after post accusing me of falsely trying to make it appear that somebody was was claiming to be picked on after saying, "we will probably be picked on by the likes of you long after you've shuffled off of this planet."

Do you think I was picking on him?

==========

Are you beginning to understand yet that I don't really write to you? I write about you and about others like you to underscore the failure of Christianity as a people building enterprise. Unbelievers benefit by knowing not just that Christianity isn't right for them, but that it damages society by churning out so many ethically failed neighbors. Like Red Apples, Trifecta and Dr. Shrink, you are a poster child in support of that premise. Unbelievers look at themselves and at the other unbelievers posting here, and then look at the Christians like you, and can see clearly what the price of a Christian dominated culture is.]

Location hidden

#567023 Aug 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The word is intolerance.(I'm correcting a misspelling, not a typo.)
As far as being a dork, its pretty much the same thing. correcting people's spelling on the internet is just as dorky as correcting typos. And some typos are misspelled words. Only you would try to determine which was which!

You were a teacher's pet in grade-school weren't you?
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think you would respect my views. I consider belief in the supernatural--gods, witches, ghosts, hexes, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, fairies, Satan, astrology, you name it--to be fanciful and juvenile.
What's wrong with that? It's my honest view. You are free to believe in any of it, I just think it's silly.
It is hard to know if you are feigning ignorance as a tactic.

When you mock the beliefs of others and compare adults to children with invisible friends, you are being intolerant.

Some people may have a problem with homosexuality. Do you not understand the difference between them keeping that to themselves compared to going up to someone and telling them they think what they do is wrong?

I can't believe you are part of some little internet group that actually purports to be based on ethics and morality. Because you are either not being honest here or you simply don't have the slightest comprehension of what tolerance is

I actually don't know what to root for. I guess it would be better if you were lying. At least then it wouldn't be so likely you have made this mistake in other areas as well where you don't understand the line between between right to an opinion and intolerance of others

And you also have extended your criticism past the beliefs themselves and into the realm of personal insult of 90% of the population. If you think the idea of God is silly, that is fine for you. To claim that people who believe in God are really like 6 year olds with immaginary friends is now an attack on people because they believe something different than you

Some of you secular humanists need to get your basics down

And I personally don't care if you are bigoted and condescending and insulting of anyone who believes in God. It just seems like you were claiming when you first got here that you oppose bigotry and intolerance. Not only you don't oppose it (when its a friend) but you engage in it yourself

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#567024 Aug 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Look at how much energy you spend dancing around an issue that wouldn't be significant were it true. Here you are writing post after post accusing me of falsely trying to make it appear that somebody was was claiming to be picked on after saying, "we will probably be picked on by the likes of you long after you've shuffled off of this planet."
==========
Are you beginning to understand yet that I don't really write to you? I write about you and about others like you to underscore the failure of Christianity as a people building enterprise. Unbelievers benefit by knowing not just that Christianity isn't right for them, but that it damages society by churning out so many ethically failed neighbors. Like Red Apples, Trifecta and Dr. Shrink, you are a poster child in support of that premise. Unbelievers look at themselves and at the other unbelievers posting here, and then look at the Christians like you, and can see clearly what the price of a Christian dominated culture is.]
To be absolutely fair, your test group is flawed from the start. Topix doesn't present a realistic example of the world.
So you are presenting us with a very limited example of what you are trying to show. Not unlike picking a study of a group from bellevue and presenting it as a real world example.

Location hidden

#567025 Aug 3, 2013
<quoted text>
]
You still refuse to post his entire post because it shows how much you lied

You got caught trying to dishonestly edit someone's psot to make it appear they were complaining about being picked on. And I am sure you did it in no small part s you could use the waambulence line again. I know how much that validation means to you. You wouldn't copy other people so much if it didn't

But RA said that you would have to be delusional to think that it bothered anybody. But you edited out most of his post so it would read the complete opposite of what he was saying. But true to who you are, you not only will deny you lied even when blatantly caught, but you will try to spin it where you are actually the good guy in scenario!

Fennario

#567026 Aug 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Simply talking about another person does not make it second person speech.
That is correct. That would be in the third person.
Skombolis wrote:
Nor does using their post to talk to others.
You're wrong.

I can communicate with third parties through discussions with you. That's what dialog in fiction does. Two characters speak about themselves in the first person and to one another in the second person as a device for the author to speak to his reading audience.
Skombolis wrote:
To use second person means when you write something, the person reading it will be the one engaging in the action. So your post was not in second person
No, to write in the second person (singular and plural) means to use words like you and yours. Words that identify that we are speaking, thinking, or writing in first person are I/me/mine (first person singular) and we/us/ours (first person plural, the one that makes you crazy when I do it). And words that indicate the third person are he/she/him/her/his/hers (third person singular) and they/them/theirs (third person plural).

This is pretty easy, and has nothing to do with engaging in action.

I asked you earlier if there was any area in which you had more knowledge than an adolescent. We've ruled out many recently, including physics, biology and grammar. I'm certain that we can generalize that to include all of academics. Books aren't really your thing, are they?

How about pop culture - areas like sports, movies or music? Do you have superior knowledge about any of those types of things? Can you rebuild an engine like G_O_D? After all of these decades of life, are you good at anything?

Location hidden

#567027 Aug 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Skom.
You're done with Hiding.
Remember?
You are still a huge dork that is way too invested in the posting habits of others

Remember?

:)

Are you still reporting my whereabouts in other rooms or once you followed me here there was no need to?

Although I feel a little better know that I know you followed Larry and Chris C to the Bush thread.

At least now I know it is more dork than obsession

:)

Location hidden

#567028 Aug 3, 2013
<quoted text>
That is correct. That would be in the third person.
<quoted text>
You're wrong.
I can communicate with third parties through discussions with you.
I never said you couldn't. But that doesn't make it speaking in second person

<quoted text>
That's what dialog in fiction does. Two characters speak about themselves in the first person and to one another in the second person as a device for the author to speak to his reading audience.
<quoted text>
Close but no cigar! For it to be second person, the reading audience would be the ones engaging in whatever action is taken place as the subject

Simply using someone else's post to talk to others thru does NOT make second person You are flat-out wrong

EXAMPLE:

The second-person narrative is a narrative mode in which the protagonist or another main character is referred to by employment of second-person personal pronouns and other kinds of addressing forms, for example the English second-person pronoun "you".

Example:

You are not the kind of guy who would be at a place like this at this time of the morning. But here you are, and you cannot say that the terrain is entirely unfamiliar, although the details are fuzzy.—Opening lines of Jay McInerney's Bright Lights, Big City (1984)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-person_na...

I skipped the rest because you are in your usual denial! LOL

Here is an even clearer explanation

"Second Person--The speaker is talking about the person he or she is talking to, or telling a story from the reader's perspective (such as in the Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books). The pronoun used is "you" for subjects and "you" or "yourself" or "yourselves") for direct and indirect objects. "

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Not only the reading audience becomes the subject, but it also has to be directed at the person you are writing to

So if you are writing to me, you would have to making me the subject and speaking as if me for it to be second person. And if you use my post to talk to someone else, that you would have to make them the subject and write as if you were them

Once again, you are just wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min hojo 548,223
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min It aint necessari... 749,798
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min Thinking 229,848
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min AussieBobby 261,595
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 96,064
40+ big black men for white sissy transvestites (Jan '13) 1 hr jemini09 4
MB7-700 Exam practice questions with answers 1 hr passokay123 1
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 6 hr nikki 124

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE