|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's recap
Your first post to me was calling me a liar..twice
You even went on to explain in detail why I was lying and what posts you were basing it on
When I showed you on both counts you didn't know what you were talking about, instead of being a man and admitting you were wrong, you claimed you were really just kidding. Weak
Then you tried to tell me I can't use the word theory unless talking about science! Despite that whole dictionary thing
Then you mocked religion
Are you really going to cry victim now?
If you need any further explanation, please refer to the following:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Oh I'm wrong plenty, I'm wrong to Mr Charington , I was wrong to you and that what us evul meanies do... we wrong!
I not crying, and the question was sincere.
I apologize to Mr. Charington.
I'm not apologizing to you though, that would be nice.
I don't do nice to you anymore.
Not until you march straight home, stopping at every topix non believer on the way , and beg for forgiveness for a 100 years (combined time of all topix Christians) of putting up with your endless questions resulting in your ugly replies.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
By accident perhaps, but you may have actually started to get the point The only reason I mocked the idea of a universe forming itself out of nothing is to show it can be. It seems to be that same "because I can" attitude that motivates a certain segment of posters on Topix to spend years of their life fixated on Christianity and what negative things they can say about itAnd more than that, it is the haughty attitude that makes no sense on several levels1) Many of the worst offenders used to be Christians. Some believed for years. Some even taught or preached. Some say they were born-again. Some say they were very dedicated to their beliefs when they had them. so how it does it make sense once they leave that suddenly anybody still in the faith is stupid, delusional, crazy, needing a crutch, immoral, etc? If someone didn't know better, they would never guess these were ex-Christians. Heck, some have made the switch on Topix and become some of the worst critics, barely a few years removed from believing themselves. So were all these ex-Christians the things they accuse Christians of being now when they used to believe? And if not, how is there any integrity to be found in the stereotyping and attacks? 2) Religion is based on faith obviously. Nobody tries to claim otherwise. It is a belief in the unprovable. But man has believed in a higher power throughout his history. Take whatever region or country or time and you will find a majority of the people strongly feel there is more to life that just what we can see and prove and believe in a fundamental force behind life and the universe that is God. It is a belief people come to through prayer and soul-searching and introspection and faith. Yet many Topix critics want to make that synonymous to ridiculous things like believing in the Easter Bunny. You won't find people of sound mind that are adults who believe in the Easter Bunny. But you will find geniuses and CEOs and Presidents and Professionals and people from all walks of life who believe in God. To mock what has been a fundamental part of man's culture and nature since the dawn of time is just ignorant. Nobody is trying to force you to believe. But show some respect for your fellow man, most of whom does subscribe to some form of faith cont
Atheism is simply the lack of the faith supported belief or conviction that there is a deity or deities that theists have.

If you don't have the theistic belief there is a deity or deities, then you are an atheist. That's it. That's all atheism and being an atheist entails.

You could have saved a lot of typing by keeping that in mind.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
3) The arrogance is even more baffling when one considers so many of the criticisms directed at believers based on faith can be used against atheists as well. Unless someone really wants to argue it is just substantially more rational to believe out of nowhere life and the universe just popped into existence and formed itself. defying mathematical probabilities like not only it forming itself but with no intelligent guidance is just so happened to create millions of different species with the ability to reproduce. An entire working universe and an Earth populated with millions of forms of life with everything being as it needs to be is a heck of a lot to happen based on a singular unknown event as a catalyst So when you say "It's no more ridiculous than your theory of a god" I would respond, that may true. Neither can be proven. Both require a leap of faith in something, be it religion or science, to accept explanations for something like the creation of the universe and all there is in it with no actual proof. You can't answer many of the "hows" yet your belief in a universe that operates under certain scientific principles and rules allows you to believe that there must be a scientific explanation, even if it is not known. Our belief in God allows us to accept the creation of all there is on faith. So perhaps instead of looking to mock those who subscribe to different ideologies and explanations for life's questions, you can remind yourself that neither side has proof. And perhaps instead of looking to stereotype and insult something simply because you don't subscribe to it, you can remind yourself that many, many, many very intelligent people do so perhaps people aren't stupid for having faith, maybe they simply have a different belief system than you? Or if none of those reasons motivate you. Perhaps simply a self-serving interest will? This world will be a better place with more understanding and more tolerance for those different from one another. Are there Christians who do some of the same things you guys do? Of course. But what does that have to do with you? Everybody will answer for their own actions. You can either be part of the movement that is trying to bring people closer together or you can be part of the movement that is trying to divide it. I know where i would rather be. I have no problem with anybody for what they believe or don't believe so long as they are not attacking my beliefs. Quite a few people on Topix can't say the same as they come here with the main intention of attacking what others believe
Atheism is simply the lack of the faith supported belief or conviction that there is a deity or deities that theists have.

If you don't have the theistic belief there is a deity or deities, then you are an atheist. That's it. That's all atheism and being an atheist entails.

You could have saved a lot of typing by keeping that in mind.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
That's one way I guess to responding to getting bait and switch wrong!
In what possible context would you be right?
From the beginning in Genesis man and woman was told not to eat from the tree of Knowledge because man was not meant to have knowledge of God
And God saying there are still things to tell us but he will tell us when we are ready is in now way a bait and switch. It is not even close
I realize you guys can't accept when you are wrong. Which is weird since it happens so frequently:)
I guarantee you can't show me how you were right. How was it a bait and switch? Provide the context that would make you right if you can
Well if one were to refer to the root of the discussion all those hours ago...

I would ask you to use your faith which presumably is larger than a mustard seed to move a medium sized mountain...this is an attribute promised to christians is it not?

God apparently does not use his omnipotence, omniscience, omnibenevolence and omnipresence(which is the reason for his godhood apparently) to prevent any injustice, evil, plague, pestilence, suffering, famine or death, nor does the worship of him/her/it grant any special attributes to his followers as was promised in the gospels...

Ahhh but he'll tell you why he has an extreme 'hands off management style when he's ready"..........

Promises of extreme supernatural attributes, the movement of mountains and the healing of the sick...etc and so on.

There is no measurable difference on any level between a believer and a non believer(apart from on the gullibility and willingness to commit voilence scales).

..ergo 'bait and switch'.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I'm wrong plenty, I'm wrong to Mr Charington , I was wrong to you and that what us evul meanies do... we wrong!
I not crying, and the question was sincere.
I apologize to Mr. Charington.
I'm not apologizing to you though, that would be nice.
I don't do nice to you anymore.
Not until you march straight home, stopping at every topix non believer on the way , and beg for forgiveness for a 100 years (combined time of all topix Christians) of putting up with your endless questions resulting in your ugly replies.
You are coming off as obsessed and crazy. That may be a new Topix record:) Move along crazy person. I'm not interested! LOL

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true! Al is awesome.
:)
Al isn't a topix christian , he the real thing, yes there is a difference. Surely you're not say Strumbone is Al though.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> listen smelly pontificator, you sounded a little like Ians.
Do you find me imperious and orotund like Shrink? Do you seem my content as tumid rodomontade? I was hoping that you'd find it less didactic and more pedagogical.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
You haven't been paying attention or you wouldn't have posted that.

“Deities do not exist.”

Since: Mar 11

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
You refused to answer questions
Was the matter that formed Earth always in existence? Was it created? Or do you have a different theory all together where it came from?
1. No
2. Not by anyone
3. Nope
From the beginning, you are lying – this is my first post to you, answering your uneducated questions. And I did so two more times, explaining them to you more simply. But you didn’t get it.
2. http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
“Right - no, the matter that the earth is made of did not exist forever but came into existence well after the inflation.
No, it was not created.
No, I don't have a different theory than the standard science one.”
Right after that you displayed your usual stupidity:
Skombolis wrote:
So again...how did it come into existence according to you?
You never asked that question before this post. You’re “So again…” was BS. I answered your dumb questions, then you asked new questions while pretending you asked them before – oh, lying! Not surprising from you. I answered the above post here, loser-liar:
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a different theory. It's the standard science explanation for how the Earth got here.
Because you insisted I was using “a different theory.” Nope. I’m using the scientific ones – you are the one insisting, stupidly, on a non-scientific theory where we can only discuss scientific theories. But you fail to understand this – no surprise.
You lied repeatedly
BS. You did, though. Here:
Skombolis wrote:
The person that just claimed they are too smart for me already forgot she admitted she doesn't know and didn't even have an alternate theory and is now stuck between excuses!
I didn’t claim that – you are lying here.
Skombolis wrote:
Actually I have seen you tell people all the time
It is normally right after your back hit the wall:)
BS. I have only written it to you. You are lying here.
Skombolis wrote:
You apologized for "missing a post" that you actually wrote to me and didn't even recognize your own answer, which contradicted your next one! LOL, trust me princess, you don't challenge me and are no threat to my pride:)
BS. I didn’t contradict myself.
Here is you making claims about science that are factually untrue:
You are dishonest and stupid for those claims.
Here is a post where you claim we were talking about abiogenesis. That’s a ridiculous claim, since our entire conversation was about the existence of the universe.

Here, http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

you write:
Skombolis wrote:
Now she is trying to claim she was arguing my theory wasn't scientific theory!
Yes, I was and was successful. You admitted your "theory" was a "faith based theory" whatever the hell that means here:

You are unimaginably dishonest, Skom.

After that you bluntly write that you discussed the Big Bang with me and not HL and that I was lying about that. I posted your post to HL and you never apologized for your error. In other words, you were just lying again.

You're right - no one can have a serious discussion with you. You are so dishonest, it's disgusting.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, those weapons shouldn't be underestimated. Some guerilla fighter somewhere in the world can't be wrong.
It's never about the weapon. It's always about the intent to use it.

“Deities do not exist.”

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Al isn't a topix christian , he the real thing, yes there is a difference. Surely you're not say Strumbone is Al though.
Ah, thanks. I will now refer to posters like Skom as "Topix Christians."

That's an excellent category :)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if one were to refer to the root of the discussion all those hours ago...
I would ask you to use your faith which presumably is larger than a mustard seed to move a medium sized mountain...this is an attribute promised to christians is it not?
God apparently does not use his omnipotence, omniscience, omnibenevolence and omnipresence(which is the reason for his godhood apparently) to prevent any injustice, evil, plague, pestilence, suffering, famine or death, nor does the worship of him/her/it grant any special attributes to his followers as was promised in the gospels...
Ahhh but he'll tell you why he has an extreme 'hands off management style when he's ready"..........
Promises of extreme supernatural attributes, the movement of mountains and the healing of the sick...etc and so on.
There is no measurable difference on any level between a believer and a non believer(apart from on the gullibility and willingness to commit voilence scales).
..ergo 'bait and switch'.
LOL..not even close

First of all you are comparing two things that have nothing to do with each other in the context of bait and switch

What God says we can accomplish through faith and how God intervenes in the world are not connected at all as far any bait and switch. So toss that out right from jump.

And the example you used bait and switch on, telling us information when we are ready, is not bait and switch.

But fine, I will pretend all that didn't really happen and address the one part of your post where someone could try to make the argument and that is what people can do thru faith

1) Different people are granted different gifts by the Spirit. So different people may be able to do different things

2) Most people understand parables are not literal. The Mustard seed was a parable. People aren't literally moving mountains. And there is a central theme throughout the Bible which is "you can do great things through faith". It is not meant to be some literal, superhuman abilities

3) A bait and switch would be impossible on its face. Because for it to take place, a believer would have to believe based on the belief that he was getting supernatural powers. Someone can't make themselves believe. And if someone only believed to get something when everything we do is supposed to be to glorify God, then they were not actual believers. Faith is supposed to be base don love, not what God can do for us.

So on no level is there a bait and switch. God has delivered everything he promised. Parables don't really mean super powers. And anybody coming into the faith to get something came in for the wrong reasons and are not really part of the faithful

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are coming off as obsessed and crazy. That may be a new Topix record:) Move along crazy person. I'm not interested! LOL
I don't do requests either.
Who cares what you're interested in?
Do you think you have Jedi powers or something?
Mind tricks don't work on me Ebola.

“Deities do not exist.”

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/T0N0LORUMAROFEJGO/p271 36#c566406

You don't use words as they're properly defined. You use them out of context but are too simple to realize this.
It's subsequently tremendously funny that you believe the dictionary - of all things!- supports your thoughtless and senseless ideas. Nothing could be funnier:
"I have this new theory about the universe. Only, it's not a scientific theory. The dictionary backs me up on this one. Because it's not a scientific theory, I can use it to critique the science that I do not understand and know nothing about.
Oh, and I don't know anything about math, but I deeply and meaningfully know that a non-created universe is mathematically improbable. I just really, really know this. If you want to know what "improbable" means, you can use the dictionary. It backs me up on the definition.
Yes, my name is Skombolus."
And, yes, nothing could be more ridiculous, more senseless, more lacking in reason than your statements.

“Deities do not exist.”

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
And when did anybody say otherwise?
The idea that God created us has always been expressed as a belief based on faith and not facts
Now you're admitting it's a belief and not a theory. Good. Dishonest, but good.

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't been paying attention or you wouldn't have posted that.
I don't condemn them...IF they behave like civilized human beings.

“Deities do not exist.”

Yours is fiction, too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Let's recap
Your first post to me was calling me a liar..twice
You even went on to explain in detail why I was lying and what posts you were basing it on
It's because you are a liar, Skom.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
It was to make the point nobody could say that because i never asked that question despite Hiding saying i did
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So where was matter made from, anyways?
The invisible disembodied magical super brain, of course~/.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
You're such an established lying hypocrite already on the billboard no one will take your word as to where you live. Most likely you won't reveal, because I think you know the destruction of your credibility in front of your religious ilk will be totally and utterly complete.
~~GRIN~~
So com'on--show your location, writer. lying naive wanna be atheist.
Look, it's Lil Skombi

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Tide isn't lying and, as far as I know, doesn't lie.
Your post is full of anger, Tri, with a lot of nasty words tossed in for good measure.
He's filled with the Holy Spirit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 542,001 - 542,020 of598,709
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

580 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min OnlyPatchWork 114,554
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min gort 715,997
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Liam 529,710
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min Clearwater 171,395
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 35 min Chess Jurist 440,797
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 39 min andet1987 3,864
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min Charlie Sheen 255,603
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 41 min Hidingfromyou 93,143
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Shut-Up 60