Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Bongo

Brooklyn, NY

#566158 Aug 1, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose ignoring provocation can be viewed as somewhat noble when one is not doing the provoking. Thank you kindly for your good luck wishes. Incidentally, I don't forget anything. Unless I want to.
Lets be sarcastic in a good spirited way, im evolving and don't want to impinge on my funny kind loving personality,

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#566159 Aug 1, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> yeah, yer a regular genie in a bottle
Three girls were stranded on a desert island. While walking along the beach, one of them tripped on a bottle. As she was wiping the sand off, a great cloud of smoke came from the bottle and, POOF, a genie appeared.

"I am the Genie of the Bottle. I can grant 3 wishes. Since I see there are 3 of you here, I'll grant one to each of you", said the Great Genie of the Bottle.

The Redheaded girl said, "I really miss my family in Detroit. I wish I were there with them".

When the Genie heard Detroit he was puzzled but nonetheless: POOF !!

She was back in Detroit with her family.

The Brunette girl said, "I miss my boyfriend. I wish to be laying next to him in bed."

POOF !!

The Blonde girl came next crying. The Genie said, "Why the tears? I am the Great Genie of the Bottle and I will grant you anything you want".

The Blonde girl said, "I'm all alone here now. I really miss my 2 friends. I wish they were here".

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#566160 Aug 1, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Lets be sarcastic in a good spirited way, im evolving and don't want to impinge on my funny kind loving personality,
*holds up a mirror*

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#566161 Aug 1, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> LOL
Well, Bongo, at least you're setting a good example :)
Bongo

Brooklyn, NY

#566162 Aug 1, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
His alleged attributes are laid out in big g's big book of bad ideas. He doesnt live up to the word which he allegedly breathed to his scribes. Therefore unless he is somehow schizophrenic or even imune to basic logic one is forced to conclude that he doesn't exist.
I wouldn't conclude lack of existence understanding my limited understanding and spiritual discernment. Scripture says that God has much to tell us but we cant handle it right now.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Some stable somewhere

#566163 Aug 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a list of the qualities found in most living things. Viruses have only a few of these qualities (organic, replicate, evolve, contain nucleic acids and proteins):
[1] active movement (may be subcellular only)
[2] obtain nutrients
[3] metabolize / channel and store energy / generate heat
[4] eliminate waste
[5] complex organization (organelles, organ systems)
[6] cellular
[7] organic
[8] growth / development
[9] reproduction / replication
[10] homeostasis / repair
[11] sensitive / responsive
[12] adapt / evolve / mutate
[13] similar composition (proteins, ATP, DNA, etc.)
It's a subjective call how many of these are necessary to call something alive. Hiding is oriented toward replication, DNA, and evolution, and this may be why she considers viruses alive.
Thanks. In the case of viruses, you have to consider phylogeny. They evolved from living things and not crystals. For whatever reason, Western culture is biased against parasites - they see them as less than, but their as evolved as any other extant species, and highly adapted to their environments.

The question of classification gets a lot more complicated when you consider transposons and prions - are these alive? I'd at least say they came from life. Perhaps the larger point is that all living creatures are ultimately made up of molecules that interact with other molecules; you can think of these as mathematical, data based, in which case the argument of life/non-life may not make sense. Especially if the universe is monist. Then life is simply complicated organizations of matter.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#566164 Aug 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Maybe he is just saying that you two are like two peas in a pad...share the same taste in women.
Maybe...I don't know.
Pod, hon. Pod.

But I like s good woman, so I doubt it.

Some stable somewhere

#566166 Aug 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
<quoted text>
We may be fed up with it, but I'm sure that it's just begun again. The abusive posting will continue until he leaves again - calling others liars, calling them bigots, calling them retarded, and snickering. It's what he is.
I had forgotten how enjoyable it was to skip past anything written by Skom. It's quite gratifying that he's written me a whole bunch after our conversation ended - glad he took the time to post his thoughts. I didn't read them, of course, I'm just happy to occupy his time and enjoy that they are going unnoticed.

[PEACE]

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#566169 Aug 1, 2013
ROFLMAO

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#566171 Aug 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Bring you?? You found this thread with Christians to oppose Christianity on your own, so why can't you find Muslims to oppose Islam to?
I can, I just don't care to.

I'll explain one more time, just in case you're teetering on the edge of understanding.

Islam has almost no political or cultural pull in the country I live in. Christianity has a lot. I can contribute to forces that will eventually remove Christianity from political and cultural power just by posting my critiques of Christianity on the Internet.

The threat of Islam is one that has been and likely will be dealt with mostly by bullets and bombs. Islam has almost no chance of gaining any political or cultural power in America. Neither does Scientology, which I strongly oppose.

Do you know what a costs/benefits analysis is? There's no benefit for me to focus on Islam. There aren't many minds in my realm of influence that are capable of seeing Islam as a serious threat that haven't done so already. Changing minds about Christianity is more than just feasible. It's happening every day.
trifecta1 wrote:
Well I can help you, a huge Islam forum is right here on topix:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam
When you can show that you write 4000-10,000 plus writings raging against Islam as you do Christianity, then I can believe you're an atheist.
You're really stupid.
trifecta1 wrote:
But you won't. Because you don't believe the God of Islam is real so you won't waste your time raging against Islam. But you are not convinced that the God of Christianity Jesus Christ isn't real.
I don't believe in any gods. Whenever a definition of a god is provided to me I can attempt to ascertain whether or not such a being as described could exist. The Bible describes its god in logical contradictions. I have no choice but to conclude that this definition (the Bible) is invalid, and the god it describes is impossible.

Allah is probably impossible too. I just haven't run into many Muslims to get their definition.
trifecta1 wrote:
And that makes your claim of being an atheist--Fraudulent.
No it doesn't. It makes you an idiot.

Atheism is a lack of belief in any deities. I lack a belief in any deities. That makes me an atheist.
trifecta1 wrote:
Simple as that. Both Christianity and Islam has about the same effect in the world.
You're not kidding anyone here, dude, or gal.
Even if we were talking about antitheism instead of atheism, you'd still be lost.
Bongo

United States

#566175 Aug 1, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text> he he heeeeeeeeeee
you are laughable idiot but not funny at all
not we only you are not able to handle anything because you are churchoidal blind rat listening lies of your stupid priests
listen smelly pontificator, you sounded a little like Ians.

Location hidden

#566176 Aug 1, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. linguists try to characterize with as much accuracy as possible the meanings of words ..
.. although semantic changes occur, when faith-based thinkers try to redefine a word like theory or atheist and debate it for years, what is the purpose? I fail to understand this and would welcome posts from both believers and non-believers ..
It's probably caused almost entirely by cognitive dissonance.
Bongo

United States

#566177 Aug 1, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
where did you traveled?
from computer to the toliet take leak or s..????
same like Catcher,visit shanghai bar,and telling others he is in China
Its catcher1 you babbling barbarian

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#566179 Aug 1, 2013
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. For the power of the life giving spirit has freed you though Jesus Christ from the power of sinful nature.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#566181 Aug 1, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you're on a roll and yeah the public assistance in Oz is as fabulous as taxes are high, know what's even better? The amount of child support I get, makes it possible for me to do volunteer work and study for years, I love it.
*see kids, when confronted with any kind of truth, a Christian, having no sense of reason whatsoever and knowing their babble is of no relevance, will commence abuse, even if speculative*
What can you expect from a man that chose a screen name representing a percussion instrument that other men put between their legs and pound on? http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4111/498447317...

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#566182 Aug 1, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Its catcher1 you babbling barbarian
He doesn't understand that when you visit a bar in Shanghai, you are in China.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#566183 Aug 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
What can you expect from a man that chose a screen name representing a percussion instrument that other men put between their legs and pound on? http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4111/498447317...
One has a helmet. The other has shoes.

Teamwork.

Location hidden

#566184 Aug 1, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
He's too stupid to bother with. Before our exchange yesterday, I predicted, rightly so, exactly what Skom would do: misread, misunderstand, fail in discussion, get insecure and attack. He did not disappoint. And of course, accused me of lying in the most ridiculous ways - "you didn't answer my questions, liar!" You mean the three times I did, that you failed to understand, that we're basing this entire discussion from? Not those times?
Yeah...good example for you. I'd really, really like to believe religion did not this Skumbulous make.
Religion hasn't helped.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#566185 Aug 1, 2013
How intimate is His union with believers.

But ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you and shall be in you. John 14:17

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#566186 Aug 1, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. For the power of the life giving spirit has freed you though Jesus Christ from the power of sinful nature.
"We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses."

~ Carl Jung

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min PadMark 690,619
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 22 min Vinny Boombatz MD 42,517
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 989,879
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Trump Is USA Savior 160
HOLLYWOOD striving to delete prayer from scripts 2 hr dollars2donuts 1
Do white girls really love filipino men? In wha... (Apr '14) 3 hr Johnny 12
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 3 hr Johnny 59
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 4 hr Johnny 649
More from around the web