Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#566077 Aug 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You are losing it old man! LOL You responded to my post and told me I was redefining atheists because i prefer they don't exist. It had nothing to do with Trifecta You going insane in the membrane?
You said that you didn't care what I thought, but you rarely let a post of mine go by without some vile outburst like this. It's who you are, and you don't have the ability to be a better person.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#566078 Aug 1, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Every train wreck of a post you make fascinates me.
Carrion
ugh, for some reason I was worried
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#566079 Aug 1, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He's too stupid to bother with. Before our exchange yesterday, I predicted, rightly so, exactly what Skom would do: misread, misunderstand, fail in discussion, get insecure and attack. He did not disappoint. And of course, accused me of lying in the most ridiculous ways - "you didn't answer my questions, liar!" You mean the three times I did, that you failed to understand, that we're basing this entire discussion from? Not those times?
Yeah...good example for you. I'd really, really like to believe religion did not this Skumbulous make.
LOL

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#566080 Aug 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know what Christians believe at this point as far as God I guess you are an idiot
But I will humor you. And not because your Psych 101 games as talking to you has nothing to do with showing respect for God. If anything I am more justified in dusting my sandals off. But because I get a sense you are too stupid to stop it will probably just be quicker this way
~snicker
God has always existed
God is omnipotent
God can be omnipresent but I believe he chooses not to be. I don't like he maintains a presence in hell. And it says where two or more are gathered that God will be there which I interpret to mean God chooses to be where he wants to be. The bible also says he resides in heaven and oversees all
God is the author of our faith and the means for our salvation
I don't know what else you want to know or why but that's probably about all I am inclined to get into as you have shown yourself as somebody that isn't deserving of the time. You have no interest in tolerance or understanding or bridging the gap.
You sound like the six-year-old who doesn't let anybody sit next to him on the bus, because his invisible friend is already sitting there.

Fremont, CA

#566081 Aug 1, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why people, just because they don't understand it or it doesn't make sense at the time, will not even explore the possibility of a spiritual realm and God.
I don't understand why people, just because they don't understand it or it doesn't make sense at the time, will not even explore the possibility of an invisible pink unicorn.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#566082 Aug 1, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
You never hear about Lilith anymore, it's like she was erased...
These blokes don't like strong women.
Yeah, she was a firecracker, one of my favourites. Yeah they really don't, too bad for them MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Woman who makes her own decisions makes pissing contests no fun."

- ME

My isn't this an inciting comment you've posted. I like it.

"Dance locusts, dance!"

- ME

Fennario

#566083 Aug 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
There is no difference between "deities" and "aliens".
There is to me. It's the same difference as between natural and supernatural.

Fremont, CA

#566084 Aug 1, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Fabulous...now explain the trinity.
Gertrude 6:25
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#566085 Aug 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The invisible pink unicorn created the matter used to form planets.
You think this theory is ridiculous?
It's no more ridiculous than your theory of a god.
Im nonplussed Catcher. Your globe trotting has not yielded the fountain of youth and even a visit to Hong Kong and all the apothecaries have not cured your dorkiness.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#566086 Aug 1, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"And the LORD was with Judah; and he drove out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, for they had chariots of iron" - Judges 1:19
Iron chariots appear to be a bit of a problem for the omnipotent..
Babble god was more impotent than any other tent I would say, if I was to say anything at all that is. I mean, what else would you call a guy with a Napoleon complex who wants to kill children and demonise women because a woman he views as his property loves another? Pathetic, I can't believe anyone still worships that buffoon. Easter Bunny worship makes more sense when one considers the truth in such things.
youtubeNews

AOL

#566087 Aug 1, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#566088 Aug 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
There is to me. It's the same difference as between natural and supernatural.
I liken it more to, this generation's analogy to that generation's analogy. Ad infinitum.

Fremont, CA

#566089 Aug 1, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Im nonplussed Catcher. Your globe trotting has not yielded the fountain of youth and even a visit to Hong Kong and all the apothecaries have not cured your dorkiness.
I didn't go to Hong Kong.

Maybe that's the reason.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#566090 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You said that you didn't care what I thought, but you rarely let a post of mine go by without some vile outburst like this. It's who you are, and you don't have the ability to be a better person.
Youre not that old and youre a great raconteur. Youll even stipulate the obvious.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#566091 Aug 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why people, just because they don't understand it or it doesn't make sense at the time, will not even explore the possibility of an invisible pink unicorn.
Well, I happen to have a visible pink unicorn, her name is candy and she resides on top of my stereo, her call.

Fennario

#566092 Aug 1, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
When he defines what a god actually is....I'll get back to you. Because he's flip flopping between an ultra-evolved form of life and an advanced form of life.
I'd say that he's trying to conflate a naturalistic life form with a supernatural one in order to piggy back the reasonableness of the one onto his god.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#566093 Aug 1, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Im nonplussed Catcher. Your globe trotting has not yielded the fountain of youth and even a visit to Hong Kong and all the apothecaries have not cured your dorkiness.
Neve travelled huh? Your envy is palpable.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#566094 Aug 1, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
ahh yes, faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains...
How do you reconcile this with the parents who neglect their children, withholding medical technology in favour of prayer and yet the child dies in agony from a perfectly treatable condition.
Even I with a blood stream running as it is with ice cold cynicism cannot doubt the strength of faith possessed by those parents and yet the faith of a billion mustard seeds accomplishes precisely nothing.
There is no evidence for god, there is nothing to examine, there is nothing to even pin the flimsiest of hypotheses on. Which god do we search for? All of them? There are THOUSANDS!
So rather than explore a possibility or acknowledge there could be other possibilities, you redirect in the hope of defending your closed mind perspective.
I will address your question though. And then you will probably ask another or argue against my response to your question. But I am of the suspicion you will never address the possibility of there being other possibilities.
Firstly in the scenario you provided, it is written you shall not tempt the lord your God. And that is what the people do. They neglect their child just as you say. That is my opinion. The Bible teaches that faith without works is dead. In my opinion the Bible would teach to do both, use the medical technology and pray. Pray for the child and the doctors and nurses and others that would be involved.
It is not an act of faith to neglect the needs of your child. It is an act of neglect.
The Bible teaches that God provides our food. But we still must work for it and eat it.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#566095 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
This thread was so boring before you guys appeared, thank you.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#566096 Aug 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is to say there isn't one? Have you ever explored that possibility? I haven't. I have never heard of it until now. Please tell me more about this invisible pink unicorn :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Supporting Trump like the fallen angels support... 1 min Johnny 29
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 21 min Johnny 204
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 42 min Johnny 4,165
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min Steve III 641,946
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 53 min MUQ2 44,467
Help ??? I'm 15 and ready for sex 1 hr Ander15 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 970,118
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 38,724
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 104,770
More from around the web