Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#566097 Aug 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't go to Hong Kong.
Maybe that's the reason.
Even Shanghai didn't have what you seek?
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#566098 Aug 1, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Neve travelled huh? Your envy is palpable.
Is that deduction or projection, dongo

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#566099 Aug 1, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
So rather than explore a possibility or acknowledge there could be other possibilities, you redirect in the hope of defending your closed mind perspective.
I will address your question though. And then you will probably ask another or argue against my response to your question. But I am of the suspicion you will never address the possibility of there being other possibilities.
Firstly in the scenario you provided, it is written you shall not tempt the lord your God. And that is what the people do. They neglect their child just as you say. That is my opinion. The Bible teaches that faith without works is dead. In my opinion the Bible would teach to do both, use the medical technology and pray. Pray for the child and the doctors and nurses and others that would be involved.
It is not an act of faith to neglect the needs of your child. It is an act of neglect.
The Bible teaches that God provides our food. But we still must work for it and eat it.
So, whilst ejaculating, oops, I mean postulating, about 'exploring other possibilities' you are desperately clinging to that book? Interesting.

Location hidden

#566100 Aug 1, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Is that deduction or projection, dongo
Well, it's not projection, I've travelled. Ooh, name calling, whatever will I do?
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#566102 Aug 1, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
the truth not necesary is light
also darkness and pain for all those who hates the truth
how are you my darling sweety black hair girl and my dream day and night during my snorings,and itching a...
what color eyes you got? blue??
eew, as if your miasma isnt enough you truculent turkey

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#566103 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>Who is to say there isn't one? Have you ever explored that possibility? I haven't. I have never heard of it until now. Please tell me more about this invisible pink unicorn :)
It poops rainbows, I hear.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#566104 Aug 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Science and religion don't have to be enemies
Science doesn't acknowledge religion at all except as a psychological phenomenon.

And reason and religious faith are mutually exclusive. Reason depends on objective factors, and as such, can come to only conclusion based on a given set of facts.

Faith is the opposite. You can have faith in anything or its opposite, making it entirely subjective. No sound conclusions can be derived from unsound premises.
Skombolis wrote:
They can actually compliment each other
That's incorrect. Why do you suppose that your church is so anxious to have its creationist mythology injected into the schools as an alternative to evolutionary biology?

Science implies atheism several ways, something your church is very well aware of even if you aren't:

[1] First, science, like secular humanism, lends support to the principle of rational skepticism, which is the mother of atheism, science and humanism. Those three are each the result of the application of rational skepticism to matters of the supernatural, the natural, and human life respectively. Since they are all fruit of the same tree, the stunning successes of science, such as the polio vaccine and space travel, and of secular humanism, such as the US Constitution and individual political freedoms, suggest that atheism is just as valid.

[2] Second, science shows us that every creation myth is a fabrication, meaning that extraordinary religious proclamations that can be checked have uniformly been found to be wrong. Once we understand where religious thought comes from, and what its standards of scholarship are - making things up and saying that a god told you - we understand where the concept of a god comes from: man's imagination.

[3] Third, science has shown that we don't need a god. There was never was a reason to even consider the possibility of a god except to explain the otherwise inexplicable, which science does better. With each scientific pronouncement, all gods shrink into a smaller gap. Religion is dying wherever science is thriving.

[4] Fourth, scientists have been studying our reality at every scale from the Higgs boson (CERN) to the cosmological scale (WMAP) since the invention of the microscope and telescope, and have never found a scintilla of evidence for a designer. Nothing. Furthermore, scientists have shown repeatedly that prayer fails.

That is four different ways that science affirms atheism. That's plenty.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#566105 Aug 1, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, whilst ejaculating, oops, I mean postulating, about 'exploring other possibilities' you are desperately clinging to that book? Interesting.
It was bad enough that youre a child who had children now youre a jizznasty apostate?

Fennario

#566106 Aug 1, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
"You have no proof to the contrary therefore it is possible".
As I have told him repeatedly, merely being not yet proven impossible isn't interesting. Infinitely more is not yet proven impossible than is actually a part of reality, and only the latter matters.

Location hidden

#566107 Aug 1, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> It was bad enough that youre a child who had children now youre a jizznasty apostate?
More name calling, oh no, I think I'm going to cry.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#566108 Aug 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on them!
who ever give you a big red X on your post to me CAN PLANT THEM BIG LIPS ON THIS (_0_)
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#566109 Aug 1, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's not projection, I've travelled. Ooh, name calling, whatever will I do?
Dunno, but most things you've already done have been a mistake. Good thing for public assistance eh?
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#566110 Aug 1, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
More name calling, oh no, I think I'm going to cry.
You spent years doing that, now yer all dried up

Fennario

#566111 Aug 1, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Upon what do you base your definition of "life" ?
Here's a list of the qualities found in most living things. Viruses have only a few of these qualities (organic, replicate, evolve, contain nucleic acids and proteins):

[1] active movement (may be subcellular only)
[2] obtain nutrients
[3] metabolize / channel and store energy / generate heat
[4] eliminate waste
[5] complex organization (organelles, organ systems)
[6] cellular
[7] organic
[8] growth / development
[9] reproduction / replication
[10] homeostasis / repair
[11] sensitive / responsive
[12] adapt / evolve / mutate
[13] similar composition (proteins, ATP, DNA, etc.)

It's a subjective call how many of these are necessary to call something alive. Hiding is oriented toward replication, DNA, and evolution, and this may be why she considers viruses alive.

Fennario

#566112 Aug 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
If it's insisted that everything -must - have came from some origin or created, then logic dictates that holds true for everything, deities included.
But faith has no use for logic, and no respect for evidence. It exempts itself with special pleading.

Since: May 11

Gravesend, UK

#566113 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
So rather than explore a possibility or acknowledge there could be other possibilities, you redirect in the hope of defending your closed mind perspective.
I will address your question though. And then you will probably ask another or argue against my response to your question. But I am of the suspicion you will never address the possibility of there being other possibilities.
Firstly in the scenario you provided, it is written you shall not tempt the lord your God. And that is what the people do. They neglect their child just as you say. That is my opinion. The Bible teaches that faith without works is dead. In my opinion the Bible would teach to do both, use the medical technology and pray. Pray for the child and the doctors and nurses and others that would be involved.
It is not an act of faith to neglect the needs of your child. It is an act of neglect.
The Bible teaches that God provides our food. But we still must work for it and eat it.
Well isn't it convenient that your god has you to make excuses for him/her/it...

Lets try a little analogy shall we?

You god is omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent.
He knows everything which has happened or will happen, he's infinitely powerful suffering no limitations, he's everywhere simultaneously and he is infinitely loving.

You say that he would let a child suffer and die because their parents simply broke the rules? I'm not seeing any maturity in your god at all.

Say a guy walks up to you and says, "I'm going to take that kid and I'm going to rape them, I'm going to do it over and over again and I'm going to get on a plane to a country with no extradition treaty and I'm gonna kick back and drink banana daiquiris on the beach"!

I'm pretty sure you and anyone else who is not insane would make heroic efforts to prevent this individual from carrying out their plan.

What your god says is this..."I'm going to WATCH! I'm going to watch this pervert 'get his rape on'...and I'll punish him later".

You are more moral than the god you worship.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"~ Epicurius.

There is no god, I know it and deep down inside you know it too.

The world as we know it negates any possible existence of an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent and omnibenevolent god.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#566114 Aug 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I miss River.
I told you to use the scope next time. I'm very quick.

Fennario

#566115 Aug 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
I don't see a contradiction between the creation myth in Genesis and the Big Bang theory and evolution.
You don't? I do.

They contradict one another unless you change one to conform to the other. You would have to say, for example, that either the account of a god creating the species in a few days is a metaphor for Darwin's theory, or that Darwin's theory is a metaphor for divine creation.

As written, they give mutually exclusive accounts of the origin and history of life.

Location hidden

#566116 Aug 1, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Dunno, but most things you've already done have been a mistake. Good thing for public assistance eh?
Wow you're on a roll and yeah the public assistance in Oz is as fabulous as taxes are high, know what's even better? The amount of child support I get, makes it possible for me to do volunteer work and study for years, I love it.

*see kids, when confronted with any kind of truth, a Christian, having no sense of reason whatsoever and knowing their babble is of no relevance, will commence abuse, even if speculative*

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#566117 Aug 1, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
A test for both sides:
Is a virus alive ?
I'll send you an email. Make sure you open the link.

When you get your new computer, email me back with your assessment.

;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr MOGADORE 994,029
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 hr MKULTRA 59,649
Why did O.J. criminal trial jurors IGNORE cuts ... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Crazy Horse 446,253
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Crazy Horse 695,512
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 7 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,497
Marco Rubio Could Beat Trump in 2020 8 hr razz58 7
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Mon Pimpy 23
More from around the web