Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#565594 Jul 31, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
We know the depth of the seas.
We know the depth of the skies - or, at least, as far as our atmosphere goes.
As for your other claims, you'd have to be more specific and I'm not likely to agree with you :)
With regards to ancient writing - they can illuminate how ancient people's lived. They're unlikely to tell us how to build a supercomputer.
Ok got your opinion of that. Now tell me about what the mind can do??

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#565595 Jul 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>I am flying over there right now to straighten this out!

http://chawedrosin.files.wordpress.com/2008/1...
lol

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#565596 Jul 31, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
How sad for you.
I find myself in quite a quandary,
with no water to wash my laundry.
I could double the detergent,
and just use pee,
but something about that really bothers me.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565597 Jul 31, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you were unable to answer my points to you.
You did exactly what I told you you were going to do, which is be unable to debate with me and waste my time.
So you have, once again, demonstrate my claims about you are correct.
LOL

Hey baby-shrink, you couldn't possibly think that was going to work on me did you?

I have a feeling the only reason you think you are smart is because the people you hang around are even dumber than you!

Sorry but I don't feel challenged nor am I so weak mentally that my ego can't handle you leaving it at the assumption you made.

You apologized for "missing a post" that you actually wrote to me and didn't even recognize your own answer, which contradicted your next one! LOL, trust me princess, you don't challenge me and are no threat to my pride:)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#565598 Jul 31, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I might not be as up to date as you. Has the deepest canyon of the ocean finally been explored or measured? And I thought the sky was infinite.
The depth s of the oceans nave been measured to within a few meters +-

Radio telescopes have seen the end of our universe (event horizon and echoes of the Big Bang).

Tune your radio to "static". That noise is the microwave radiation of the Big Bang catching up to us after 13.77 billion years.

Just like the sunlight we see left the sun 8.5 minutes before it reached us.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#565599 Jul 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text><Looks up with grey/blue puppy dog eyes >
A candy bar, puppet show and weasel dressed up as Erroll Flynn? What am I? 6 years old?

Location hidden

#565601 Jul 31, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
What's hilarious is they say we (believers) fill the gaps with "God did it". Yet they fill the gaps with their "big bang theory". Which simply put is "bang, something suddenly came from nothing".
I've yet to see any of them answer the question of "What caused the big bang"? What triggered it"? They'll say "we don't know, it's a theory". Or simply put "it's what we believe". Uh oh, there's that word, "believe".
Oh the irony!!!
Exactly

And on so many levels it is way less rationale than believing a higher life-form created us. On almost every level really. Like I said, if another religion espoused that theory they would mock it tirelessly. But their faith in their unbelief makes them flock to this theory with a passion because it is the only one they have. Guarantee if they had a better one, they would be swearing by that. Any theory that isn't faith-based really, regardless of themerit

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#565602 Jul 31, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>My neighbours are pleased:

http://www.google.com/imgres...
lmao

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#565603 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's in English, just the blend of liquor and stupidity is kind of hurting the message:)
It's noon in Japan, I'm not drinking. I guess I'm stupid for posting right now.
Actually I already answered this Princess
I do have a theory because I believe Genesis is metaphorical and therefore my belief on how man literally came to be is not based on the bible, other than God being the reason.
Try reading a dictionary in great detail
:)
That's not a theory, Skom. That's a religious belief. You have incorrectly pitted your religious belief against scientific theory because you fail to understand the dictionary you are referring me to.

I have explained this in great detail but it seems lost on you - I am not surprised. I declared that you would be unable to discuss with me and you continue to prove me correct.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#565604 Jul 31, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>The carpet was lava.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_lava_ (game)
Very cool.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#565605 Jul 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
Been having my life pass before my mind's eye lately.
You have great courage.

I tip my hat.

Long Beach, CA

#565606 Jul 31, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
My faith is ever in you, Catcher.
You left out the Sir.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#565607 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Hey baby-shrink, you couldn't possibly think that was going to work on me did you?
I have a feeling the only reason you think you are smart is because the people you hang around are even dumber than you!
Sorry but I don't feel challenged nor am I so weak mentally that my ego can't handle you leaving it at the assumption you made.
You apologized for "missing a post" that you actually wrote to me and didn't even recognize your own answer, which contradicted your next one! LOL, trust me princess, you don't challenge me and are no threat to my pride:)
Sweet. We can move beyond mutual insults now - and I acknowledge that it was me, and not you, who fired the first volley this round.

Since you are not hurt, your ego is intact, and you declare yourself capable, then I eagerly await your well-thought out answers to my above points in our above discussion.

And when you provide well-thought out responses and articulate critique, I will apologize for my demeaning of your character (though my apology may mean nothing to you).

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#565608 Jul 31, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>Ok got your opinion of that. Now tell me about what the mind can do??
If we ever meet, I'll show you, telling is no good.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#565609 Jul 31, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
What's hilarious is they say we (believers) fill the gaps with "God did it". Yet they fill the gaps with their "big bang theory". Which simply put is "bang, something suddenly came from nothing".
I've yet to see any of them answer the question of "What caused the big bang"? What triggered it"? They'll say "we don't know, it's a theory". Or simply put "it's what we believe". Uh oh, there's that word, "believe".
Oh the irony!!!
Science is evidence based, produces new knowledge and efficacious technology.

What do you guys have?

Location hidden

#565610 Jul 31, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's evolution.
No it isn't. The millions of different species had to have a starting point. That is what I am talking about. When supposedly life formed from non-life. Unless you are claiming millions of different self-replicating species all formed from the same microscopic life form that was created from non-life and all evolved at different rates while some manage to come into existence all together at different times?

This by the way is why I won't debate with you. You may have decent knowledge about evolution but you don't know squat about abiogenesis and the reason you know squat is because science knows squat. So your every attempt at debate is to try to move the goalposts.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is unable to produce knowledge on these problems. You're welcome to try - it's never been done.
Its never been done through science either

The difference is, I am not the loser going around seeking out people who describe to different beliefs. You and your friends are

The only competition is in your mind because you have no life. You people spend years on the internet just seeking out people who believe different to argue the same things with them over and over again. I realize someone can only drink so manyhours in the day but sheesh, this should not be option two

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#565611 Jul 31, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>It's noon in Japan, I'm not drinking. I guess I'm stupid for posting right now.

[QUOTE]Actually I already answered this Princess
I do have a theory because I believe Genesis is metaphorical and therefore my belief on how man literally came to be is not based on the bible, other than God being the reason.
Try reading a dictionary in great detail
:)
"

That's not a theory, Skom. That's a religious belief. You have incorrectly pitted your religious belief against scientific theory because you fail to understand the dictionary you are referring me to.

I have explained this in great detail but it seems lost on you - I am not surprised. I declared that you would be unable to discuss with me and you continue to prove me correct.
Feel free to post in Japanese, I'd love to remember it.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#565612 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
And on so many levels it is way less rationale than believing a higher life-form created us.
Why?
On almost every level really.
Really? Why?

How is your belief efficacious?

Location hidden

#565613 Jul 31, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet. We can move beyond mutual insults now - and I acknowledge that it was me, and not you, who fired the first volley this round.
Since you are not hurt, your ego is intact, and you declare yourself capable, then I eagerly await your well-thought out answers to my above points in our above discussion.
And when you provide well-thought out responses and articulate critique, I will apologize for my demeaning of your character (though my apology may mean nothing to you).
Since it is based on your assessemnet of my intelligence, yeah pretty good guess!

And the conversation was about abiogenesis not evolution

Any time you want to provide facts to support anything you believe on that, you let me know.

In the meantime, I am not doing have the exact same exchange I just had with Charington (not sure if that's his name)

Provide facts on how life formed from non-life, how you know matter didn't always exist, and how you can prove where it came from and the origin of millions of different species or we are done here.

You don't get to come in after the fact, change the topic, and then complain someone won't indulge you. Abiogeniss was the topic and the creation of life on this planet

Long Beach, CA

#565614 Jul 31, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is River?
I anybody knows, it's Tide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min It aint necessari... 775,708
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min RADEKT 265,197
mexican don't want to learn english (Sep '07) 22 min koni 49
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 39 min mannibterf 441,787
wanted women for chat in or around pathankot/gu... 41 min rajesh5697951 1
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 1 hr June 221
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr Neelakaran 1,270
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr pusherman_ 559,652
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
More from around the web