Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565472 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My sources tell me that the matter that forms planets and other objects originated in the high Andes, in Peru to be precise.
My sources tellme that you are a mountain-sized dork:)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565473 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.
You don't pass.
More word games

You are a wild and crazy guy Catcher! I bet you dazzle all the ladies! Homonym and palindromes is probably your idea of a letter to Penthouse Forum:)

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#565474 Jul 31, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
RR deemed it so. People can label me what they like.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I deem you a hot, naked lesbian laying on red silk sheets, covered in cocoa butter lotion with a few scarves in your hand.
*opens door for HL*
<< HL walks into Juicy's bedroom >>

.. one, two, three minutes pass ..

911 Operator: "What is your emergency?"

Juicy: "There's a naked lesbian in my bed. She needs an ambulance."

<< HL writes note to RR in ambulance: you sh*thead >>

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#565475 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
She made the point that what you attribute to Christians and others of faith as hubris exists equally among atheists.
People convinced what they believe is right, despite the proof to back it up
It was a pretty straight-forward post IMO and exactly on point in regards to your post
She made the same point in the post I was answering; my post already speaks to this.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#565476 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that's exactly what is going on
But no need to apologize. This is Topix after all.
Ok, so I take it you agree with my corrections of your misunderstandings about evolution and intelligence. Sweet.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#565477 Jul 31, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>This thread would really suck without you womenz.
LOL

Since: May 11

UK

#565478 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
From the question where did the matter come from? And if it wasn't created, what other possibility is there then it always existed?
<quoted text>
You have zero proof for the Big Bang
You don't know where the matter came from that created the universe. You claim to know it couldn't have been created but somehow allow for the possibility it didn't always exist
You have zero evidence that life can form from non-life
But this was never about proving anything. It was simply to illustrate what should be painfully obvious for you now that it is not that unreasonable to think we were created from a more advanced life form. In fact, you even went along with that with your farming scenario
I realize now you are panicking, afraid someone may feel you haven't towed the company line. I mean even when you have to contradict your own beliefs on what you think is possible, the main thing is to make sure the other atheists know in no way, shape, or form did you allow for a possibility of a creator god so you don't lose your standing in the group:)
Oh BTW, here is a fun wrinkle
IANS said he believes it is possible there are creator gods but would require evidence before he would believe it
OH CRAP! You guys better huddle up! The uni-mind trolls share is gonna get a headache:)
The residual radiation from the big bang is measurable.

In the complete absence of a creator I would not be honest nor sane in saying that I believed that matter was created.

No evidence of a creator, but there is life, therefore life was not created until there is evidence for a creator.

I completely agreed in my first post that an advanced lifeform seeding this planet with biological material was more probable than a god...did you miss it or wasn't it convenient?

An advanced evolved life-form would not be a god.

I'm sorry to ruin your day but a fallacious argument of what if's and maybe's does not inspire panic, it is just fascinating to witness first the motivated reasoning and doublethink practised by the religious in order for sky daddy the adult santa to have some room, no matter how small to exist within.

I haven't contradicted any of the things I believe in.

There is no company line, atheists are by nature disparate with their own ideas and are also unencumbered by the obvious dogma with which you find yourself handicapped.

I wasn't aware there was an atheist rank structure? Do I have standing in a group? This is news.

IANS is completely free to accept the possibility that there may be a creator god. If I may draw your attention to post number:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

where I said, "My agnosticism is on the same scale for god as it is for fairies, werewolves, leprechauns and assorted other fairy tales.

god does not get a special section of disbelief, god ranks the same as the fairy-folk or the leprechauns".

You appear to have come full circle and accomplished nothing.

Location hidden

#565479 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Typos don't bother me.

Nobody is perfect, not even Catcher.

Spelling and grammar, well, that's a serious matter.

I'm here to help.

So once again, here's a little grammar lesson for you and yours:

You’re You are
Your It belongs to you
They’re They are
Their It belongs to them
There A place
We’re We are
Were Past tense of are
Where A place
Then A point in time
Than A method of comparison
Two The number 2
To Indicates motion
Too Also, or excessively
You forgot the apostrophes :p

Location hidden

#565480 Jul 31, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>I was born and raised in the Lake of Fire, Brer Redneck. I was born and raised in the Lake of Fire!
You grew up in a volcano house? Awesome!

With Established Harem

#565481 Jul 31, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have very sharp teeth.
.. note to Juicy: please see a dentist ..

<< ambulance arrives at hospital >>

Physician: "OMG! What happened to you?"

HL: Some woman mistook me for a ferret.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#565482 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Although help me out here.
I asked:
"Was the matter that formed Earth always in existence? Was it created? Or do you have a different theory all together where it came from?"
and you replied
"1. No
2. Not by anyone
3. Nope"
If you have no other theories as to where it came from, how can you answer no to the other questions? Wouldn't that presume you have an alternate theory? Of are you simply saying no it can't be that but I have no reason to think so and no reason to think otherwise?
Because if you didn't understand HFN's post before, you should now
Right - no, the matter that the earth is made of did not exist forever but came into existence well after the inflation.

No, it was not created.

No, I don't have a different theory than the standard science one.

But apparently you do.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#565483 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My sources tell me that the matter that forms planets and other objects originated in the high Andes, in Peru to be precise.
hahaha

Location hidden

#565484 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Typos don't bother me.
Nobody is perfect, not even Catcher.
Spelling and grammar, well, that's a serious matter.
I'm here to help.
So once again, here's a little grammar lesson for you and yours:
Youre You are
Your It belongs to you
Theyre They are
Their It belongs to them
There A place
Were We are
Were Past tense of are
Where A place
Then A point in time
Than A method of comparison
Two The number 2
To Indicates motion
Too Also, or excessively
You're you, are. Are you a pirate?
Your it, belongs to you. It's not mine.
They're they are. Where?
Their it, belongs to them. You knew it wasn't my it all along.
We're we. are. There's that pirate thing again :)
Were past, tense of are. So you used to be tense of are.
Where a, place. Where should a be placed?
Then a point in time. 8:53am, June 14, 1837
Than a method of comparison. Is something better or worse than a method of comparison?
Two the number 2 That would be 22.
To indicates motion. That makes sense.
Too also, or excessively. Too, also, or excessively.

I don't really care too much about exact English but since you're writing about it, isn't punctuation part of the English language?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#565485 Jul 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
The residual radiation from the big bang is measurable.
In the complete absence of a creator I would not be honest nor sane in saying that I believed that matter was created.
No evidence of a creator, but there is life, therefore life was not created until there is evidence for a creator.
Wow, well said.
I completely agreed in my first post that an advanced lifeform seeding this planet with biological material was more probable than a god...did you miss it or wasn't it convenient?
An advanced evolved life-form would not be a god.
I'm sorry to ruin your day but a fallacious argument of what if's and maybe's does not inspire panic, it is just fascinating to witness first the motivated reasoning and doublethink practised by the religious in order for sky daddy the adult santa to have some room, no matter how small to exist within.
I haven't contradicted any of the things I believe in.
There is no company line, atheists are by nature disparate with their own ideas and are also unencumbered by the obvious dogma with which you find yourself handicapped.
I wasn't aware there was an atheist rank structure? Do I have standing in a group? This is news.
IANS is completely free to accept the possibility that there may be a creator god. If I may draw your attention to post number:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
where I said, "My agnosticism is on the same scale for god as it is for fairies, werewolves, leprechauns and assorted other fairy tales.
god does not get a special section of disbelief, god ranks the same as the fairy-folk or the leprechauns".
You appear to have come full circle and accomplished nothing.
Well said.

That's Skom. He doesn't seem to understand what he's reading and, against all evidence, believes he can argue with more articulate, more intelligent posters. Never ceases to amaze me.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#565486 Jul 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
JuicyLullz wrote:
RR deemed it so. People can label me what they like.
<quoted text>
<< HL walks into Juicy's bedroom >>
.. one, two, three minutes pass ..
911 Operator: "What is your emergency?"
Juicy: "There's a naked lesbian in my bed. She needs an ambulance."
<< HL writes note to RR in ambulance: you sh*thead >>
Skom suggests I dazzle the ladies.

What say you?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#565487 Jul 31, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, I copied and pasted that from where I had saved it, and that's how it got posted.

Can anyone explain how this happens?

Location hidden

#565488 Jul 31, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening JuicyLu :) I noticed the same thing and had some harmless fun with it :)

With Established Harem

#565489 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
.. humans originated at Puma Pumku near Tiwanaku, Bolivia ..

.. may the force be with you ..

Location hidden

#565491 Jul 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>.. note to Juicy: please see a dentist ..

<< ambulance arrives at hospital >>

Physician: "OMG! What happened to you?"

HL: Some woman mistook me for a ferret.
LOL

Location hidden

#565492 Jul 31, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, well said.
<quoted text>
Well said.
That's Skom. He doesn't seem to understand what he's reading and, against all evidence, believes he can argue with more articulate, more intelligent posters. Never ceases to amaze me.
He believes that? I can't wait for some of those more articulate, more intelligent posters to show up. I want to see him debate them :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 3 min MUQ2 38,118
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Rosa_Winkel 831,707
EMIRGAN PROFILO Servis +( 212 299 15 34 )+ PROF... 56 min profilo1 1
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 58 min ChristineM 443,013
ISTINYE PROFILO Servis +( 212 299 15 34 )+ PROF... 1 hr profilo1 1
bless the jews (Nov '08) 1 hr Praise the Lord 7,158
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr janeebee 3,754
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr marge 586,638
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr Rosa_Winkel 99,367
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 hr Neelakaran 6,454
More from around the web