Would I be if I said I dated Jesus?
You dated the guy that cuts your grass? WOW! LOL

Since: May 11

Hersham, UK

#565417 Jul 31, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
"Cheese's Crust, how grated thou art!" I Romano 3:16
"Cursed be the lactose intolerant, they shall drink only the milk of the ewe and the she-goat, misery and shame shall follow them from the house of Deli'" Pecorino 5:21

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#565418 Jul 31, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have very sharp teeth.
Ouch!

Be careful!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#565419 Jul 31, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you asked me to suicide. I suppose telling me to become a Christian would be one way of doing it - thanks for putting it that way, that's quite interesting.
Second, you're the poster who's always writing about farts and whatever. G_O_D generally talks about the history of Christianity and brings a broad comprehension of religious thinking.
So, if you don't mind, I'll decide for myself whose advice I take.
girl-friend

Hersham, UK

#565420 Jul 31, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Fruitcake!
No, you're supposed to say Allahu Akhbar not fruitcake, you are a muslim after all.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#565421 Jul 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear this is going to sound patronising...
If a life form exists and arrived at a form of development through evolution, it stands TO THE VERY SIMPLEST REASON THAT IT DID NOT CREATE THE UNIVERSE IT EVOLVED IN. IT WAS HERE TO EVOLVE TO THAT CONDITION OF ADVANCEMENT FROM SIMPLE BEGINNINGS IN THIS UNIVERSE.
I say again, things start out simple and get more complex!
No...Let's not go simpler, lets see you carry on digging the hole in which you now find yourself
The single celled organism came first, poultry much later.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#565422 Jul 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>You dated the guy that cuts your grass? WOW! LOL
I mowed her lawn, yes.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#565423 Jul 31, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...maybe I'll switch it to Gin then.
Tonic with that, sir?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#565424 Jul 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>The sheets are white.

She is not a lesbian, I can assure you.

It doesn't matter for you either way.
They're cotton as well. But I do have a red sheet on the bed today. Yeah I like man parts.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#565425 Jul 31, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I figured it out - I felt taken aback by your discussing us atheists as if we should be like you. I mean, I could write stuff like "don't worry, they'll mature eventually and give up their notions of deities" to mirror your "don't worry, God's waiting for them, we can't force them" sort of thing. Each position is kind of rude to the other, since it expects a "mature" change in the "right" direction.
And, yeah, I know that millions of people not only believe in your God, but also experience Him. It's probably closer to billions, actually. Your experiences may inform how I understand the nature of humanity, but they don't change how I experience reality - and vice versa, I'm sure.
And there's all those other religions that have their own deities that they experience.
Yes I guess you probably were HFY. The same way a Christian would feel taken aback by Atheist discussing us Christians as if we should be like you. Both sides do it HFY. You all say we think we are right. You all think you are right too. And I agree, for the most part, neither side changes how the other experiences reality.
:)
HFN

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565426 Jul 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear this is going to sound patronising...
If a life form exists and arrived at a form of development through evolution, it stands TO THE VERY SIMPLEST REASON THAT IT DID NOT CREATE THE UNIVERSE IT EVOLVED IN. IT WAS HERE TO EVOLVE TO THAT CONDITION OF ADVANCEMENT FROM SIMPLE BEGINNINGS IN THIS UNIVERSE.
I say again, things start out simple and get more complex!
No...Let's not go simpler, lets see you carry on digging the hole in which you now find yourself
You don't know if this is the universe an advanced form evolved in

And it is becoming obvious your inability to answer is making you combative.

But I will be patient with you. Let's try again. If you are going to refuse to answer the actual question, just let me know.

Where do you believe the matter that forms planets and other objects came from? Do you feel it always existed, was created, or some other explanation?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#565427 Jul 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>I can eat it laying on back.
My mum used to make the best upside down pineapple cake ever!
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#565428 Jul 31, 2013
I was going to go back and scan the post and answer any to me but I don’t think I’ll get to it tonight. I’ll try to tomorrow or the next day.

See you later.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#565429 Jul 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>You dated the guy that cuts your grass? WOW! LOL
We don't have that here. Never mind Clownie, it's ok.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565430 Jul 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>

The "hole" was all in your mind!

You missed a few obvious possibilities

1) The advanced form of life believers feel to be God has always existed and created the universe around Him

2) You have zero scientific proof to jump from abiogenesis to evolution. Nor any proof that a more intelligent life form would have to evolve into a more intelligent life form from a lesser form

3) The intelligent being could be from a different universe

4) The intelligent being that created our universe came first and then created the universe around itself

This is why I asked you about the matter and whether you believe it always existed or was created. I am a few steps ahead of you. But I can wait until you catch up:)

Was the matter that formed Earth always in existence? Was it created? Or do you have a different theory all together where it came from?

Hersham, UK

#565431 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know if this is the universe an advanced form evolved in
And it is becoming obvious your inability to answer is making you combative.
But I will be patient with you. Let's try again. If you are going to refuse to answer the actual question, just let me know.
Where do you believe the matter that forms planets and other objects came from? Do you feel it always existed, was created, or some other explanation?
Your whole premise is a plaintive desire for someone to agree with your statement:

"It could have happened couldn't it?"

Like I said, George Lucas could have channelled the Force and 6 Star Wars films are actually the scriptures of the one true religion. You cannot say otherwise if you want your burden of proof to stand(low though it is).

If an organism evolved in this universe or another, it still evolved and is still an organism just like you or me, it is not a god.

Why is is so difficult for you to accept that the big bang was the 'first cause'? what is this need you have for 'cosmic hand-holding"?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#565432 Jul 31, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>girl-friend
Hey cute boy! What's up?

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#565433 Jul 31, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
The hive is buzzing! Juice dared to challenge it.
Bzzzzzzzzz!
And now they're even attacking children.
:-(

Hersham, UK

#565434 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The "hole" was all in your mind!
You missed a few obvious possibilities
1) The advanced form of life believers feel to be God has always existed and created the universe around Him
2) You have zero scientific proof to jump from abiogenesis to evolution. Nor any proof that a more intelligent life form would have to evolve into a more intelligent life form from a lesser form
3) The intelligent being could be from a different universe
4) The intelligent being that created our universe came first and then created the universe around itself
This is why I asked you about the matter and whether you believe it always existed or was created. I am a few steps ahead of you. But I can wait until you catch up:)
Was the matter that formed Earth always in existence? Was it created? Or do you have a different theory all together where it came from?
Special pleading to allow your god to exist...even as a simple thought experiment.

He is mighty indeed. LOL

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#565435 Jul 31, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I guess you probably were HFY. The same way a Christian would feel taken aback by Atheist discussing us Christians as if we should be like you. Both sides do it HFY. You all say we think we are right. You all think you are right too. And I agree, for the most part, neither side changes how the other experiences reality.
:)
HFN
Your post comes across as if you didn't actually read mine, since you just repeated what I said.

;p

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min Gods r Delusion x... 673,296
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min Rob Ford Sr 286,296
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Catcher1 104,723
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr _Drifter 981,314
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr _Drifter 4,052
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 2 hr Peter Ross 9
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,813
More from around the web