Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: May 11

Hersham, UK

#565352 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Edit
WE not YOU
Nothing Whispers or I wrote suggested we wanted to redefine atheists because WE don't want them to exist
In the words of the great 'atheist prophet' John Harding,

"Allow me to dredge up some 'care' from Giveafuck Bay"...

It's immaterial to me how the religious define atheists. Atheists simply 'are', belief is not an act of will and atheists exist, like it or not. The opinions of the religious affect that not one iota.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#565353 Jul 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Very close to the Pakistani blasphemy laws in the 21st century...
"I learned to my cost that my business partner Mohammed(the most common islamic male name) is a liar and a crook"...the prophet is also called Mohammed...therefore BLASPHEMY!
Guess I'm a blasphemer, if I mention Mohammed the Lebanese drug dealer.
:D

Since: May 11

Hersham, UK

#565354 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps.
I'm here for principally for entertainment.
A future in the diplomatic corps awaits you.

I'm here to laugh at the batshittery of the mentaly ill.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#565355 Jul 31, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
I like it. May I use it for my atheist indoctrination classes?
Since atheism has no doctrine, a person cannot be indoctrinated into atheism.

You can use the first part of the brainwashing process, however. Wiping the slate clean of residual programming will create an atheist. It would leave them vulnerable to any new programming, including Scientology.

We have a better way, though. Adopting rational skepticism is like putting on a condom. All the nasty religious cooties can't get in when you're wearing your rational rubber.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565356 Jul 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
If life exists on other planets then I have no doubt that it came about the same or similar ways that it came about here, and it evolved through mutation and adaptation as a response to crises which threatened it.
I believe that life exists in the western spiral arm of this galaxy without a god/gods, why would I think life would be requiring of a god/gods to exist elsewhere?
If life(be it carbon based or silicon based or some other form of life) exists in the universe why do you feel a deep seated need to inject a god into the equation? You have as much objective evidence for god as anyone else and yes you subscribe to the "god goes here" school of thought.
If what you are saying is that you believe a highly advanced civilisation in the universe seeded this planet with biological material which resulted in the flora and fauna we see today then fine. That's infinitely more acceptable to me than a supernatural magic man in the sky told of in bronze age fairy tales.
You cannot however reconcile that with religion. It is simply advanced technology, not requiring worship.
I never claimed to have evidence. Faith is exactly what it is

But you are making this more complicated than it needs to be as the circumstances don't matter and you would have no more idea how intelligent life elsewhere first came into existence than you do for Earth

This isn't about my beliefs or why I believe them or what I think happened or what specific process was used to start life as that is all a guess at this point anyway

It is simply this:

Do you think it is possible an advanced form of life is responsible for the creation of life on Earth?

And while you are putting as many stipulations on it as you can to try to make it sound more scientific than religious even though you can't possibly know if you are correct as to the process that would be needed, it would seem the bottom line is yes. And I already said I am not asking within the context of any specific religion.

You believe it is possible an advanced form of life is responsible for the creation of life on Earth. So I guess it isn't that crazy of an idea after all.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#565357 Jul 31, 2013
"READ MY LIPS" "There is no such thing as a ATEISTS" PERIOD.

Since: May 11

Hersham, UK

#565359 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed to have evidence. Faith is exactly what it is
But you are making this more complicated than it needs to be as the circumstances don't matter and you would have no more idea how intelligent life elsewhere first came into existence than you do for Earth
This isn't about my beliefs or why I believe them or what I think happened or what specific process was used to start life as that is all a guess at this point anyway
It is simply this:
Do you think it is possible an advanced form of life is responsible for the creation of life on Earth?
And while you are putting as many stipulations on it as you can to try to make it sound more scientific than religious even though you can't possibly know if you are correct as to the process that would be needed, it would seem the bottom line is yes. And I already said I am not asking within the context of any specific religion.
You believe it is possible an advanced form of life is responsible for the creation of life on Earth. So I guess it isn't that crazy of an idea after all.
'Advanced form of life' &#8800;(is not equal to) god.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#565360 Jul 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
No. But you're Religious.
Hey, don't you think that's hitting below the belt?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565361 Jul 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
In the words of the great 'atheist prophet' John Harding,
"Allow me to dredge up some 'care' from Giveafuck Bay"...
It's immaterial to me how the religious define atheists. Atheists simply 'are', belief is not an act of will and atheists exist, like it or not. The opinions of the religious affect that not one iota.
Nor do your opinions about what i think about it affect me one iota

Whispers and I had a short conversation about what we believe it means that everybody has a soul in regards to unbelief. It didn't require participation from anyone else nor was it solicited. Nothing in that conversation suggested we were redefining atheism because we prefer atheists don't exist or that we thought our opinion should matter to atheists

Since I never suggested my opinion on it should mater to atheists and my post wasn't to you, I am not sure what prompted you telling me it doesn't. But ok, your position is noted i guess even though I already assumed that anyway

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#565362 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't talking about believers. I was saying myself or Whispers did not say we didn't want atheists to exist

You take issue with religion?

I was only gone two weeks. I suddenly feel like I missed a lot!

But just wanted to clarify that edit

(T) Peace
I was gone a bit longer than that and yes, I take issue with religion.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565363 Jul 31, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
From a recent Scientific American article:
Science begins with the null hypothesis, which assumes that the claim under investigation is not true until demonstrated otherwise.
The statistical standards of evidence needed to reject the null hypothesis are substantial. Ideally, in a controlled experiment, we would like to be 95 to 99 percent confident that the results were not caused by chance before we offer our provisional assent that the effect may be real. Failure to reject the null hypothesis does not make the claim false, and, conversely, rejecting the null hypothesis is not a warranty on truth. Nevertheless, the scientific method is the best tool ever devised to discriminate between true and false patterns, to distinguish between reality and fantasy, and to detect baloney.
The null hypothesis means that the burden of proof is on the person asserting a positive claim, not on the skeptics to disprove it
When did I assert a positive claim?

I have a belief, which I never expressed as fact

And I was not asking him for proof on how life first started. Although he was provided plenty of speculation that by your definition would put the onus on him as well.

But this was never about proving anything from either side. I simply wanted to know where he stood as far as the possibility that life on Earth was created by a more intelligent being in the universe

Again, this is getting way more complicated than it needs to be. I understand the reluctance some people have when answering these kind of questions and the motivation behind it, but it really isn't that big of a deal. IMO anyway

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#565364 Jul 31, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Guess I'm a blasphemer, if I mention Mohammed the Lebanese drug dealer.
:D
Would I be if I said I dated Jesus?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565365 Jul 31, 2013
Edit:

he was providing NOT provided

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565366 Jul 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
'Advanced form of life' &#8800;(is not equal to) god.
But it could be in a particular case

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#565367 Jul 31, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>Since atheism has no doctrine, a person cannot be indoctrinated into atheism.

You can use the first part of the brainwashing process, however. Wiping the slate clean of residual programming will create an atheist. It would leave them vulnerable to any new programming, including Scientology.

We have a better way, though. Adopting rational skepticism is like putting on a condom. All the nasty religious cooties can't get in when you're wearing your rational rubber.
LOL RR came up with it, I just like to give folks what they want. Yep, I'm a people pleaser, I'll go sit in the corner, stop looking at me like that!

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#565368 Jul 31, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
You serve your pen!s why did you name it Jesus?
The real Jesus was much better hung.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#565369 Jul 31, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
"READ MY LIPS" "There is no such thing as a ATEISTS" PERIOD.
True. An honest coherent post. Well done!
Wappa

United States

#565370 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed to have evidence. Faith is exactly what it is
But you are making this more complicated than it needs to be as the circumstances don't matter and you would have no more idea how intelligent life elsewhere first came into existence than you do for Earth
This isn't about my beliefs or why I believe them or what I think happened or what specific process was used to start life as that is all a guess at this point anyway
It is simply this:
Do you think it is possible an advanced form of life is responsible for the creation of life on Earth?
And while you are putting as many stipulations on it as you can to try to make it sound more scientific than religious even though you can't possibly know if you are correct as to the process that would be needed, it would seem the bottom line is yes. And I already said I am not asking within the context of any specific religion.
You believe it is possible an advanced form of life is responsible for the creation of life on Earth. So I guess it isn't that crazy of an idea after all.
Translation: You didn't answer the question like I wanted you to answer it.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#565371 Jul 31, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
"READ MY LIPS" "There is no such thing as a ATEISTS" PERIOD.
There is no such word as ATEISTS.

LOL

Since: May 11

Hersham, UK

#565372 Jul 31, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
"READ MY LIPS" "There is no such thing as a ATEISTS" PERIOD.
when will you cease this silly pretence of christianity, we all know you're a muslim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
phonetique et phonologie 2 min mounir moon 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Clearwater 87,923
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min X Pendable 184,670
Electing a president.......with NO POLITICAL EX... 10 min Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Michael 665,160
Where can i buy ecstasy in dundee?? ASAP (Feb '13) 34 min Doctor REALITY 4
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 37 min Seentheotherside 45,792
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr crucifiedguy 284,491
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Gabriel 977,198
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 7 hr Liamm 453
The Future of Politics in America 18 hr Insults Are Easier 176
More from around the web