Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: May 11

Hersham, UK

#565323 Jul 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
IMHO, If Jesus came back the Christians would crucify him again.
Those fundies would nail that long haired, commie, hippy liberal to a piece of lumber quick-smart.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#565324 Jul 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>IMHO, If Jesus came back the Christians would crucify him again.
Um er ah lol.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565325 Jul 31, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>

Trifecta did. I don't believe in god, and he said that I wasn't anatheist.
<quoted text>
You are not being honest. You commented on my post regarding Whispers' post. I realize when I wrote "nobody said" instead of "neither Whispers nor I said" you might try to exploit that to use any comment ever said on Topix by anyone

Nothing Whispers or I wrote suggested we wanted to redefine atheists because you don't want them to exist
<quoted text>
Why would any of that figure into whether I'm an atheist or not? Only my beliefs are relevant to my atheism, not yours.
<quoted text>
And Whispers and I didn't say otherwise. You consider yourself an atheist. Whispers and I feel everybody has a soul and on some level they are in tune with that soul but either are not consciously aware or it or believe it to be something else. IE: life-force, core personality, etc
<quoted text>
Far from trying to convert any of you, I've got my hands full just trying to get one of you to understand what I write.
You make up your own history of events and then respond. Just like you did with RA. Then you refuse to answer on point. It tends to cause confusion.

You concluded I said what I did in my post because I would prefer atheists don't exist. Did you base that on anything I actually said or did you simply assume that?

I am betting your reply won't come anywhere close to addressing this.

Location hidden

#565326 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>That's incorrect. I did.

Skombolis wrote, "Nobody disputed that atheists do not believe in God."

Trifecta did. I don't believe in god, and he said that I wasn't anatheist.

Skombolis wrote, "The point was simply being made that Christians believes man has a soul. And if all men have souls, then there is naturally interaction. And if there is interaction, then a believer may feel that on some level every person is aware of it."

Why would any of that figure into whether I'm an atheist or not? Only my beliefs are relevant to my atheism, not yours.

Skombolis wrote, "For someone who acts like he wants the same and wants Christians confining their faith to homes and churches ..."

I don't care if you do that or not.

Far from trying to convert any of you, I've got my hands full just trying to get one of you to understand what I write.
Yep.

Location hidden

#565328 Jul 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Those fundies would nail that long haired, commie, hippy liberal to a piece of lumber quick-smart.
Edit

WE not YOU

Nothing Whispers or I wrote suggested we wanted to redefine atheists because WE don't want them to exist

Location hidden

#565329 Jul 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>Those fundies would nail that long haired, commie, hippy liberal to a piece of lumber quick-smart.
LOL

Since: May 11

Hersham, UK

#565330 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor do you have any evidence that things don't start with the most complex being in the universe
However i am not trying to convince you of anything or get into details about my beliefs. I simply am trying to understand what your reasons are for ruling out the possibility. I asked the question I did for a specific reason. Probably not too hard to guess why. But I will ask again.
Do you believe it is possible intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe and if you do, that it would be possible that life is more intelligent than human life?
Seriously?

You're stating your religion and your reasoning for the universe is a "gOD HYPOTHESIS"?

Well I'll see your god hypothesis and raise you;

George Lucas was channelling the FORCE when he wrote STAR WARS, it is after all a metaphysical force which surrounds us and penetrated us and binds us together.

My FORCE HYPOTHESIS is as provable and valid as your god hypothesis simply because you're unable to disprove it. I use your own standard of proof here.

Do I believe it's likely that there is other life in the Universe? If we can find life next to black smokers deep under the ocean or in caustic lakes, and extremophiles in the most hostile environments on this planet then given the vastness of the universe I'm inclined to think that there is probably life elsewhere.

Humanoid life who are visiting us? No.

Location hidden

#565331 Jul 31, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>you betcha....
Yay! Thanks Satan, you rule!

Location hidden

#565332 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Edit

WE not YOU

Nothing Whispers or I wrote suggested we wanted to redefine atheists because WE don't want them to exist
Aw, Skom, I'm ok with you existing it's religion some of us take issue with. The sin not the sinner.

Location hidden

#565333 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
:) back atcha.
I regularly defend IANS? How is it back at me?

I don't regularly defend anybody

I guess it is a step up from "Dude", but it simply didn't apply in the least

You make some weird arguments counselor. I hope you don't try that in court.

Prosecutor: I will prove to you the defendant is guilty

Catcher: Back atcha

:)

P.S.

If you ever want to mix it up, there is:

1) I know you are but what am I

and

2) I'm rubber and your glue. Whatever say bad about me, bounces off of me and sticks to you

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#565334 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
YOU were the one who claimed people feel "picked on".
FAIL.

Location hidden

#565335 Jul 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously?

You're stating your religion and your reasoning for the universe is a "gOD HYPOTHESIS"?

George Lucas was channelling the FORCE when he wrote STAR WARS, it is after all a metaphysical force which surrounds us and penetrated us and binds us together.

My FORCE HYPOTHESIS is as provable and valid as your god hypothesis simply because you're unable to disprove it. I use your own standard of proof here.

Do I believe it's likely that there is other life in the Universe? If we can find life next to black smokers deep under the ocean or in caustic lakes, and extremophiles in the most hostile environments on this planet then given the vastness of the universe I'm inclined to think that there is probably life elsewhere.

Now there's a Jedi mind trick if ever I saw one.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#565336 Jul 31, 2013
Some of you would not have come to this thread had you not been searching for an answer to Why should Jesus love me.

Fennario

#565337 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
He was not saying himself anybody feels picked on.
Here are his words: "we will probably be picked on by the likes of you long after you've shuffled off of this planet."

Location hidden

#565338 Jul 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?
Yeah seriously

And I don't believe in God simply because I reject an alternate theory of the origins of life. I am simply making the point that the alternate theory is no more rational or grounded in fact that faith in God.

But if you believe it is possible other intelligent life exists in the universe. Then how can you rule out the possibility of God existing? Forget about how God is defined by any particular organized religion as I don't want to get side-tracked.

But we know for a fact that life can create more life

If you think it is possible other intelligent life exists in the universe, it stands to reason that intelligent life could also create life

So why would it be such a crazy idea to believe the highest form of this other intelligent life created us?

Whether you believe it or not isn't relevant. I just want to know why you are convinced it isn't possible.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#565339 Jul 31, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Some of you would not have come to this thread had you not been searching for an answer to Why should Jesus love me.
Perhaps.

I'm here for principally for entertainment.

Fennario

#565340 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You ... went on to tell me how people put their lives in your hands...present tense!
Put is also the past tense. This is a bizarre argument given how many times I have repeated that I am retired. Show me where I said that I am still practicing medicine, or whatever you think I said.
Skombolis wrote:
The same guy that got mad and told me I didn't have his permission to make a joke about him
Rejected out of hand.

Are you bored?

Location hidden

#565341 Jul 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps.

I'm here for principally for entertainment.
The force is strong in this one.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#565342 Jul 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I am not convinced that a supernatural being or beings do not exist.
However, I am convinced that the deities of Christianity either do not exist or are nothing like the Christians describe them.
… you might be convinced if I blew in to see you!

It is the 1st August today, and just to say I'll be thinking of you ~ hugs ~

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone.
~ Tommy Cooper

Location hidden

#565343 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
FAIL.
Why do you lie?

You said that in response to a post by Whispers where she told you find someone else to pick on

Ians said:

"You miss the good old days when you could post your religious opinions and nobody "picked on you," i.e., challenged them, don't you?

Those days are probably gone for good."

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Then RA responded by saying people have been coming here since the beginning trying to "pick on" Christians and that:

"if you think what you're doing does anything other then make those that you've targeted laugh at how pitiful you are then you're more delusional then I thought."

You responded to that by claiming he was whining about being picked on. And you dishonestly edited his post to make it look like that and just left that out of the post you replied to so nobody would see it again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Chuck 678,913
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 19 min Liberals are Nutjobs 2,503
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Buck Crick 118,989
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 54 min ChromiuMan 6,264
How to Recover Deleted Messages from iPhone wit... (May '13) 5 hr Wanckerty 59
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 6 hr diseases 546
some blacks want reparations for slavery via wh... (Sep '11) 6 hr reparations 42
More from around the web