Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#565133 Jul 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
The unbeliever--that different kind of judgement--the Wrath of YHWH. There is nothing can be done about the destiny of a soul when the body dies. It's set.
And here is the commonest form of Christian terrorism: shaking Scary Chicken at whoever won't submit to your priests with you. Misery loves company:

“It must be quite galling for religious people to see atheists like me going about their business without a shred of guilt or self-loathing, and not in the least inclined to pray or to do penance of any kind, and not in the slightest bit worried about any form of eternal punishment. I have to admit if I was religious I'd probably think to myself: "How come I've got all this weight on my shoulders while these bums are getting a free ride?" – Pat Condell

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565134 Jul 31, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Skom... just back again recent this month...doing well bro. Just passed my 2 year physical yesterday. Blood prezz normal... everything checks out....feel young but my goatee is salt & peppered to remind me just how close I'm getting to seeing the Lord Jesus, one day.
Hey Q, glad to hear that about your health. Congrats brother
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope all is well on your side. Question for you & I will have to check back in l8ter or 2morrah:
Does "potential" already exist or is it created?
Something I was thinking about while traveling out of the area the other day. I asked about 3-4 people separately and so far everyone agreed mostly in the same manner. I thought that was interesting and triggered other concepts for me to think about.
I would say both

Some parts of potential are based on genetics and IQ and health and other predetermined factors from birth

Then other parts are based on what situations have occurred to increase the potential someone has. Have they been taught right from wrong, educated, how were they socialized, etc? What happens in our formative years all the way to early adulthood goes a long way in shaping us and influencing the potential someone may have

But that also is not written in stone. Someone who may have had a crap start can always go to school, take business classes, travel and learn the world, etc. People may not be able to increase their natural intelligence but increasing their knowledge and life experience can increase their potential

So I would say a lot of potential depends on how someone is born and how they are raised. But it can always be improved on.

JMO

(T) Peace

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565135 Jul 31, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Fb app is ok. Just slow.
Thanks for the heads up

I take it is is very limited features like just being able to see and send messages?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565136 Jul 31, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Later.....Going to enjoy this beautiful Summer day.....
((*/*))
Sounds like a good plan:)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#565137 Jul 31, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Why not show some honesty and integrity and post all of what I said, instead of cherry picking my post, and in doing so taking what I said completely out of context.
If that were correct and you believed it, you would have done so yourself already. Your "out of context" ruse is one of the commonest.

Here's what I cited from your post:

"Christians have been "picked on" by people like you since Topix was started."

And here's the whole post:

"You really are very full of yourself aren't you? Here's a newsflash Bubba, Christians have been "picked on" by people like you since Topix was started. And we will probably be picked on by the likes of you long after you've shuffled off of this planet. And if you think what you're doing does anything other then make those that you've targeted laugh at how pitiful you are then you're more delusional then I thought. So don't sit there puffing yourself up thinking you and you're ilk are doing anything new because your not. And for sure don't go puffing up your ego thinking you're anything original that's doing something that hasn't been done many times before, and long before you got here, by people much smarter and much more witty then you'll ever be."

Now tell me what part of that rescues you from my assessment that you are a wimpy, whiny victim crying about being picked on by anonymous accounts on an Internet message board.

And when your done, call a waaaaaaahhhmbulance, you poor thing you.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#565138 Jul 31, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Here For Now wrote, "Not interested in your flippant answers or comments either D"

Here For Now wrote, " if you want to go on being flippant about it go ahead. But do it with someone else because I’m in no mood to coddle you."

Aren't you a breath of fresh air?
Laughing.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#565140 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the heads up

I take it is is very limited features like just being able to see and send messages?
No, most features are available on the iPhone app. I think even the google app now.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565141 Jul 31, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were correct and you believed it, you would have done so yourself already. Your "out of context" ruse is one of the commonest.
Here's what I cited from your post:
"Christians have been "picked on" by people like you since Topix was started."
And here's the whole post:
"You really are very full of yourself aren't you? Here's a newsflash Bubba, Christians have been "picked on" by people like you since Topix was started. And we will probably be picked on by the likes of you long after you've shuffled off of this planet. And if you think what you're doing does anything other then make those that you've targeted laugh at how pitiful you are then you're more delusional then I thought. So don't sit there puffing yourself up thinking you and you're ilk are doing anything new because your not. And for sure don't go puffing up your ego thinking you're anything original that's doing something that hasn't been done many times before, and long before you got here, by people much smarter and much more witty then you'll ever be."
Now tell me what part of that rescues you from my assessment that you are a wimpy, whiny victim crying about being picked on by anonymous accounts on an Internet message board.
And when your done, call a waaaaaaahhhmbulance, you poor thing you.
You have used the waaambulence joke 4 times now, you are going senile

es a HUGE difference, but because you are not honest you wouldn't understand

First he repeated what you said. YOU were the one who claimed people feel "picked on". That is why he put it in quotes. He was not saying himself anybody feels picked on. It was to show people that is how YOU were defining it

Then he went on to explain the effect it is having in reality, compared to what you think

RA said:

"And if you think what you're doing does anything other then make those that you've targeted laugh at how pitiful you are then you're more delusional then I thought."

So how could anybody think from that post that someone was whining about being picked on? They couldn't. Which is why you dishonestly edited it.

Even your basics when it comes to integrity are so off. But the same pattern. You deny you did anything wrong and are incapable of seeing or admitting it, no matter how obvious

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565142 Jul 31, 2013
Key board lagged a little

Should have read

There is a huge difference

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565143 Jul 31, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, most features are available on the iPhone app. I think even the google app now.
Really?

I just got an Iphone

I will probably download it just to check it out anyway. Although I really don't like the Iphone network and can't get signals nearly as strong or spread out as I used to. And like the Android aps better too, although I know some are on both.

And they conned me into picking my iphone up at the store saying they were out of stock online and it would save me waiting without telling me that if you get the phone in the store, they can cancel your old policy. Getting it online is considered an outside source and they can't change your plan, even on renewal. So I went from $40 a month for everything unlimited as I was on a special plan for employees or friends of employees that they are phasing out. So not only they screwed me out of my plan, escalated my complain to the highest level about what can be done and simply never called me back, but now I have an Iphone I don't even particularly like. I liked my old smart phone better and could have gotten a refurbish without even touching my contract for $75. I'm gonna pay double that a year just on the insurance although now that I think about, I may just take the insurance off as I could care less if i lost that Iphone. I really don't like the thing. And because of the 2 minute delay I have on the lock, which I need, the stupid thing is always dialing out on its own because of the touchscreen.

Sorry, I realized i needed to vent about Iphones! LOL

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565144 Jul 31, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>

Now tell me what part of that rescues you from my assessment that you are a wimpy, whiny victim crying about being picked on by anonymous accounts on an Internet message board.
And when your done, call a waaaaaaahhhmbulance, you poor thing you.
And even if this was true, which obviously it isn't.....this from the guy that got so mad and flustered I wasn't showing him respect that he actually thought he was still practicing medicine? You called me an impudent snipe and said "How dare you" and went on to tell me how people put their lives in your hands...present tense!

The same guy that got mad and told me I didn't have his permission to make a joke about him

The same who got so mad he exposed his bigotry calling me a "filthy Christian liar"

Dance puppet, dance to the irony

LOL

Since: May 11

Hersham, UK

#565145 Jul 31, 2013
Todays prayer,

Dear god...hi. You might remember me, I'm Julian...the methodist kid from Scotland who...

...'course you remember me, you know how many hairs are on my head...allegedly.

Well as you will no doubt be aware I decided this god/religion stuff was all a bunch of malarkey when I was about 22. A lot has happened since then, really nothing to change my mind but these topix christians all seem to think that there's an on/off switch for belief and that belief is a simple act of will.

For instance I've been told it's possible to believe in you...if one just tries really hard with no additional information. The same is presumably true for any of the deities worshipped throughout history...what do you think?

So anyway here I am, asking for a sign, something...anything really. I'm not asking for wars to cease(although that would be lovely), I'm not asking for an end to suffering(some folks around here seem to need it), I'm not asking for a dull, utopian and perfect world.

I'm praying for the christians on this thread...

...to show an immediate improvement in the use of their homophones:

there, their, they're
your, you're
where, were, we're.

...it would be a start, then you could work on the rest of their cold blooded murder of the English tongue. I await your response with great anticipation.

Cheers boss.
steamer

Sweden

#565146 Jul 31, 2013
ho hum

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#565147 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Really?

I just got an Iphone

I will probably download it just to check it out anyway. Although I really don't like the Iphone network and can't get signals nearly as strong or spread out as I used to. And like the Android aps better too, although I know some are on both.

And they conned me into picking my iphone up at the store saying they were out of stock online and it would save me waiting without telling me that if you get the phone in the store, they can cancel your old policy. Getting it online is considered an outside source and they can't change your plan, even on renewal. So I went from $40 a month for everything unlimited as I was on a special plan for employees or friends of employees that they are phasing out. So not only they screwed me out of my plan, escalated my complain to the highest level about what can be done and simply never called me back, but now I have an Iphone I don't even particularly like. I liked my old smart phone better and could have gotten a refurbish without even touching my contract for $75. I'm gonna pay double that a year just on the insurance although now that I think about, I may just take the insurance off as I could care less if i lost that Iphone. I really don't like the thing. And because of the 2 minute delay I have on the lock, which I need, the stupid thing is always dialing out on its own because of the touchscreen.

Sorry, I realized i needed to vent about Iphones! LOL
iPhones are awesome! Why do you need a 2 min delay? Who was it with? Have you tried the Telco Ombudsman? The insurance isn't worth it in my opinion so yeah that would save you money but check out the App Store you might like it :)

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#565148 Jul 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
Todays prayer,

Dear god...hi. You might remember me, I'm Julian...the methodist kid from Scotland who...

...'course you remember me, you know how many hairs are on my head...allegedly.

Well as you will no doubt be aware I decided this god/religion stuff was all a bunch of malarkey when I was about 22. A lot has happened since then, really nothing to change my mind but these topix christians all seem to think that there's an on/off switch for belief and that belief is a simple act of will.

For instance I've been told it's possible to believe in you...if one just tries really hard with no additional information. The same is presumably true for any of the deities worshipped throughout history...what do you think?

So anyway here I am, asking for a sign, something...anything really. I'm not asking for wars to cease(although that would be lovely), I'm not asking for an end to suffering(some folks around here seem to need it), I'm not asking for a dull, utopian and perfect world.

I'm praying for the christians on this thread...

...to show an immediate improvement in the use of their homophones:

there, their, they're
your, you're
where, were, we're.

...it would be a start, then you could work on the rest of their cold blooded murder of the English tongue. I await your response with great anticipation.

Cheers boss.
Laughing uproariously.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#565149 Jul 31, 2013
steamer wrote:
ho hum
dum de dum

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565151 Jul 31, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
iPhones are awesome! Why do you need a 2 min delay? Who was it with? Have you tried the Telco Ombudsman? The insurance isn't worth it in my opinion so yeah that would save you money but check out the App Store you might like it :)
I mean the two minute delay before the screen locks. Because if I am doing things that require me to enter prompts like calling my bank I don't want to have to keep unlocking the phone to use the keypad. Or even stuff like using it for Topix or just using the inter net in general. Its annoying to have it lock every 30 seconds (I think that's the minimum delay) because I read a message then when I want to scroll, I have to unlock the phone again.

The problem is to replace an Iphone they will charge you like $500-$600 as they don't offer Iphones as refurbs and you have to buy a new one if lost or damaged. And they also can charge quite a bit to repair a phone. I do like the features on an Iphone but the main thing is the signal. In half the places in my own house i can't maintain a signal. Plus there are like half a dozen dead zones around my house where if i drive through them, I lose the call. All the bells and whistles are nice but if I can't even use a phone to make calls it is next to useless. And since I am mainly at home or work, a lot of the extra features I don't even use. And the ones i want, like listening to local radio on the Tune-in or Iheart ap, It constantly loses the signal and has to rebuffer. My area just must just be one of their worse coverage areas, at least on the 3G network. The network my other phone was on worked everywhere, same provider.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565152 Jul 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
Todays prayer,
Dear god...hi. You might remember me, I'm Julian...the methodist kid from Scotland who...
...'course you remember me, you know how many hairs are on my head...allegedly.
Well as you will no doubt be aware I decided this god/religion stuff was all a bunch of malarkey when I was about 22. A lot has happened since then, really nothing to change my mind but these topix christians all seem to think that there's an on/off switch for belief and that belief is a simple act of will.
For instance I've been told it's possible to believe in you...if one just tries really hard with no additional information. The same is presumably true for any of the deities worshipped throughout history...what do you think?
So anyway here I am, asking for a sign, something...anything really. I'm not asking for wars to cease(although that would be lovely), I'm not asking for an end to suffering(some folks around here seem to need it), I'm not asking for a dull, utopian and perfect world.
I'm praying for the christians on this thread...
...to show an immediate improvement in the use of their homophones:
there, their, they're
your, you're
where, were, we're.
...it would be a start, then you could work on the rest of their cold blooded murder of the English tongue. I await your response with great anticipation.
Cheers boss.
Ok, that was creative.

Although I think your going to need to see more than just improvement on homophones to believe

I had to post this like I did because of Matthew 16:4 and what is says about asking for a sign

If people pay attention to detail, they will understand the joke:)

Since: May 11

Hersham, UK

#565154 Jul 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, that was creative.
Although I think your[sic] going to need to see more than just improvement on homophones to believe
I had to post this like I did because of Matthew 16:4 and what is says about asking for a sign
If people pay attention to detail, they will understand the joke:)
Don't worry, my expectations are not high...

I would have used Luke 4:12 personally.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#565155 Jul 31, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't.
But I surely would have sent that [censored] had you asked.
Chess likes being censored.
Sweet! Send away, please :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min LAWEST100 653,563
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Thinking 63,218
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 33 min 13yokinkygirl 12
UK Phone Numbers for Fun 1 hr Marcen18064742 13
I'm so wet right now and want to talk dirty wit... (Jun '13) 1 hr Marcen18064742 64
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 2 hr Eduardo 42
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 973,529
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr DebraE 106,460
More from around the web