#565051 Jul 30, 2013
Edit Annie

Meant to say

There are no verses THAT I AM AWARE OF that supports that

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#565052 Jul 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
That's the reason you give right? Islam has had many more effects on the world lately...9/11 bombings in the U.S. Bus bombings in UK. Attacks in Spain. Suicide bombings in Afghanistan and Iraq killing thousands of people, shooting school girls in the head, etc, etc.
How come you don't oppose that religion?? huh??
I do oppose that religion. I just don't address it often. I know you don't understand why, so I'll explain.

Most of the people in my realm of influence readily accept that Islam is a dangerous religion. I don't need to convince them of that. Islam has nearly no political or cultural influence in the country I live in. Christianity has a lot.

Islam and Christianity are different kinds of threats.
trifecta1 wrote:
If you was truly an atheist, you would be as politically motivated to oppose Islam as you do Christianity.
That has nothing to do with atheism.

But for the record, I oppose Islam more than Christianity. Islam has the potential to bring about the end of humanity. I don't see that being likely with Christianity. You're in second place though.
trifecta1 wrote:
They are both religions with a Deity and both religions have done many bad things in the name of God.
Which religion do you think did more harm? Islam is the worst right now, but that hasn't always been the case.

There are also many smaller religions and cults which are potentially more dangerous than Islam or Christianity. Why am I not talking about them?
trifecta1 wrote:
So--when you can show me where you rack up over 10,000 writings somewhere railing against Islam, then I will believe you're truly an atheist.
Trifecta, that has nothing to do with what makes me an atheist.
trifecta1 wrote:
If you can't show those writings, to me, you're nowhere near an atheist, not even close. A Hypocrite maybe, but no atheist.
You'll always be a buffoon to me, writer.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#565053 Jul 30, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think they know what atheist means.
You'll have to excuse the fundies. The brainwashing has impaired their capacity for rational though.

Location hidden

#565054 Jul 30, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ja I saw that lol... somehow I understood there were 5 ?
… Whatever any call man-made, facts are the father of' the Christian Church became very much a man through Rome putting themselves on the throne of, so 'man-mad' was my vocab long before I knew atheist - by term. Such beliefs and topix net are all very new to me, otherwise it is a global issue which is taking place, and nothing any one says can detract from the fact that God uses anyone to test the spirit of any of us in the faith. I don't see choices as a threat when no-one can in essence leave God out of the final word – His from the start – and see both positive and negative in the bigger picture now no different than in any biblical age.
… we shouldn't be a Jesus believer if we can't stand the heat.
The beginning and everything between is history which not a soul can change... let alone before that. It's Now hat counts, that we find ourselves at a new beginning as promised...
…'Then he told me,“Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near. 11Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”'
Rev 22:10-11
I can't understand why a Christian cannot move on and into this frame of mind without judgement of anyone once we have overcome? Or maybe I am just another peace warrior calling for peace among Christians who are supposed to know better... But my Love extends into your land, which many on earth have joined forces with, where much comes out of into the west. From currency, military, and beliefs which are not altogether free of the judgement yet. That concerns me...
… sounds like Abraham's plea for Sodom and Gomorrah lol - where even Jesus said it would be better for Sodom in this time than hypocrites - so ja... I care...
Love always HFN... my space is up! I care for you too and saw you personal pleas as well. God help you there my sister :)
I can't recall reading a more convoluted bunch of rubbish. Seek help immediately.

Location hidden

#565055 Jul 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That was kind of the same thing I was going for as well. That subconsciously we all process things differently.
It would be an interesting thing to know I guess as far as going the other way. Do believers have lingering questions deep beneath the surface?
For me I have already accepted there may be things I have wrong. There has been a lot of influence by man as far as the direction organized religion has gone. Are some age-old teachings incorrect? Are some personal interpretations incorrect? I changed how I view hell decades into my faith.
I have no doubts at to the existence of God. But I am sure some of the things I have learned about him and interpreted the Bible I may have gotten wrong. I believe the subconscious processes tons more information than our conscious mind. And some of that information we are not even aware of. I believe a lot of our connections exist on a subconscious level be it instincts or spiritual or sixth-senses. It would be interesting to know what all our mind has taken in and how much the disparity exists between our conscious and subconscious mind
(T) Peace
Everyone is agnostic since nobody can be 100% sure about our origins. Most atheists will admit that they don't know, while most theists claim to know things they have no idea about.

Location hidden

#565056 Jul 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature makes more sense than people.
Unless you view people as part of nature, nothing more. Then it all makes sense.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#565057 Jul 30, 2013
Antichrist Superstar wrote:
<quoted text>You'll have to excuse the fundies. The brainwashing has impaired their capacity for rational though.
True. Well put, however, how long are they to be excused? How many more must they brainwash and hurt before they must be held accountable for their choices?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#565058 Jul 30, 2013
Antichrist Superstar wrote:
<quoted text>I can't recall reading a more convoluted bunch of rubbish. Seek help immediately.
Have you met RA? Shrink? Serah? LW? Tri? Assup? This one is one of the bearable ones.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#565059 Jul 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
There are atheists all around you, and the truth of that has nothing to do with your beliefs, religious or otherwise, because atheism is based on what the atheist believes.
What I do believe, however, is that Christians are apt to make up their own reality whenever they want. It's a casualty of the habit of faith based thought, which, in a nutshell, is the willingness to believe something without sufficient evidence, or in the face of contradictory evidence:
Rationalist: "I reject all theistic claims about all gods, making me an atheist"
Faith Based Thinker: "I prefer that your kind didn't exist, therefore, I will redefine atheist as somebody who never experiences an inner self, which is nobody.
Nobody said anything close to preferring atheists didn't exist or said anything that would lead someone to conclude that or that they are trying to redefine atheist for that reason. And the Bible specifically says believers benefit from there being atheists, like in Israel as those who still suffered from spiritual blindness served as an example and a reminder to believers of a road they don't want to travel. It creates a contrast so-to-speak

I know your M.O. is to make everything about you or to imagine the 1% of the population that is militant atheist/anti-religion poses such a threat that believers hate you and want you not to exist. Believing that seems to give you purpose

But that isn't what was being said at all. Nobody disputed that atheists do not believe in God. The point was simply being made that Christians believes man has a soul. And if all men have souls, then there is naturally interaction. And if there is interaction, then a believer may feel that on some level every person is aware of it. But an atheist would obviously not believe that or would attribute that connection to something else. Maybe a life-force composed of energy for example? I have seen that said quite a few times actually

In any event, it was not some attempt to redefine atheist to claim they don't exist because we don't want them too. I could care less who is an atheist. This battle you are fighting is mostly in your mind. People aren't trying to convert you. They aren't trying to oppress you. Ironically, from what I have seen, most believers would be more than happy if they never had to be subjected to you. For someone who acts like he wants the same and wants Christians confining their faith to homes and churches, it seems strange to me that you then come look for us

You sure this whole thing isn't just about you wanting to be admired by other atheists? Or anybody for that matter?

Location hidden

#565060 Jul 30, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Well put, however, how long are they to be excused?
We atheists are a patient lot, huh? lol
JuicyLullz wrote:
How many more must they brainwash and hurt before they must be held accountable for their choices?
If it were up to me, they'd be held accountable from hereon in, but some of them lack the intellectual fortitude to realise their stupidity. It's similar to using mental insanity as a legal defense.

Location hidden

#565061 Jul 30, 2013
JuicyLullz wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you met RA? Shrink? Serah? LW? Tri? Assup? This one is one of the bearable ones.
I've met most, if not all, of those nutcases. RA, Shrink, Serah, LW all are fresh in my memory. For good reason too. What a bunch of nutcases, and I could add a few more names to the list. Dr Reality comes to mind immediately.
UDIOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#565062 Jul 30, 2013
American Xtain Envangelical/Fundies are one causing trouble for many at home and worldwide with their support for the US neocons war machines that got us American into illicit wars overseas!

Kevin Phillips, American Dynasty, p211

Newsweek, March 10, 2003,

Bush believes in God's will-and in winning elections with the backing of those who agree with him. As a subaltern in his father's 1988 campaign, George Bush the Younger assembled his career through contacts with ministers of the emerging evangelical movement in political life. Now they form the core of the Republican Party, which controls all of the capital for the first time in a half century. Bible-believing Christians are Bush's strongest backers.
UDIOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#565063 Jul 30, 2013
Jeff Sharlet
author of "The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power"

A secretive group known as The Fellowship, or “The Family,” is one of the most powerful Christian fundamentalist movements in the United States. The Family’s devoted membership includes congressmen, corporate leaders, generals and foreign heads of state.

Unlike other Christian right groups, they [The Family] don’t really believe that you’re in power because you’re a good person.They believe that they are the “new chosen,” that you’re chosen for power by God. You’re not so much elected by the people as selected from above. And when you’re in that position, it doesn’t matter what you do. In a similar vein, the foreign leaders with whom they work, the dictators, about whom they have no illusions, are chosen by God for their countries, regardless of how brutal they are.

---
ADD! Some of these Foreign Dictators are actually US puppets who must follow US imperial directive, and look what happen , US put Saddam (US puppet) in power and he got hanged for not follow US orders.
UDIOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#565064 Jul 30, 2013
May We No Longer Be Silent
by Paul Craig Roberts (Asst. US Treasury Dept (left because of US corruption),...

American evangelical Christians, who are degenerating into Zionists, are Israel’s greatest allies. Jesus is forsaken as Christians swallow whole the Israeli lies. A couple of years ago the US Presbyterian Church was so distressed by Israel’s immorality toward Palestinians that the church attempted to disinvest its investment portfolio from assets tainted with Israel. But the Israel Lobby was stronger. The Presbyterian Church was unable to stand up for Christian principles and knuckled under to the Israel Lobby’s pressure.
UDIOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#565065 Jul 30, 2013
JOHN STUART MILL (1806-1873) English political economist philosopher
The Great Thoughts, compiled by George Seldes
'
Christian morality ... is essentially the doctrine of passive obedience; it inculcates submission to all authorities found established.
UDIOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#565066 Jul 30, 2013
Cornel West, Democracy Matters, p146
"
The three dogmas that are leading to the ... devouring of democracy in America- freemarket fundamentalism, aggressive militarism, and escalating authoritarianism - are often justified by the religious rhetoric of ... Christian fundamentalism.

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#565067 Jul 31, 2013
UDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
Cornel West, Democracy Matters, p146
"
The three dogmas that are leading to the ... devouring of democracy in America- freemarket fundamentalism, aggressive militarism, and escalating authoritarianism - are often justified by the religious rhetoric of ... Christian fundamentalism.
You wipe your arse with your bare left hand,don't you, stooge?

Location hidden

#565068 Jul 31, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Skom!
Always good to see you again. Time is catching up with me also re where I am as to when to move on, and I have writing for Africa... It truly has been a huge slice of my life... if not 99 % lol So... very soon... maybe a month or weeks, I'll have to turn my full attention there.
Yeah I don't have time really to do two Internet chat-rooms. At least not separately. At home I can can simply leave both Topix and FB logged in and kind of treat it just like one site. But when I get back to work I don't know how FB could even work on a phone as there is so much content it would seem a mobile version would be impossible. Although I haven't actually tried yet. But I use FB almost like its a T-mail. When I see a message, I click over. But I hear ya on life needing our time. Not enough hours in the day sometimes
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to learn there to defuse bombs, and you wouldn't believe the amount of folk who just want the answers as to how... when it was their lives too we were defusing them for. Unreal how many can stand and watch, and still believe at the same time we can speak... and even more unreal when we are judged for being so crazy! lol
That's human nature more times than not. People don't understand what help is, don't help themselves, and then resent people who do it for them. Its like people being lazy and indifferent is at war with their desire to be in control. It can make it not worth the aggravation at times to even try
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I have enjoyed reading yours and LW nature posts very much. I say ditto to you both there and think only of the wild babies that are hand raised who certainly show what a bit of human love can do to turn the tables on 'really wild'. Beautiful stuff. Such docos are my favorite from the heavies.
I hear ya. Love can overcome just about any barrier. Nature and man interacting peacefully and lovingly always lifts my spirit
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Love always Dare Brother. Did you ever get that undercover boss I posted you?
Peace be with you...:)
I really gotta go right now also my friend... until we meet again. Aloha.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hope to see ya soon sis

Your friend and brother

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#565069 Jul 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature makes more sense than people.
That's for sure

It is not even close IMO
UDIOTRACEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#565070 Jul 31, 2013
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You wipe your arse with your bare left hand,don't you, stooge?
What a war mongering Pyscho Stalker your are , you should be in a mental institution! i give you both foot in yo Zee Ass lowly right wing war mongering grunt Neocon pinhead
! WBHAHAHAHAAA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min YOUR FATHER LOVES... 56,183
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min Vikinglovespenis 972,394
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr DENG 39,054
What's UP?!! Wasn't ya'll @ the club last night??! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr andet1987 2,296
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr RoSesz 649,837
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 106,055
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web