Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#564647 Jul 30, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
who is your god and how has it chosen to reveal itself to you.....i mean apart from aberrartions in ants eyes and voices from clouds telling you to do crazy stuff and all.....
I'm sorry, you must have mistaken me for a Christian.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#564648 Jul 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think education is an issue. Countries such as Singapore Norway and Canada where Christianity is increasing turns out some of the most brilliant minds on the Earth.
It's more of a basic human condition called Contentment or some call it Peace of Mind.
Content/Peace of Mind living this life believing God can NOT be known. Or Content/Peace of Mind believing God CAN be known, have been known, and can be known better.
It's that simple. Your life will be happy if you're Content that God can not be known. The Christian will be Content in life knowing God Can be known, have been known, and Can be known infinitely better.
Are you Content and have Peace of Mind? if you can say Yes, then great, life is good for you. That's what it's all about for me, Contentment.
I beg to differ with you that Christianity is increasing in Canada. Yes, Canada turns out some of the most brilliant minds in the world, because we have a good education system, a good medical system, and people are generally able to do things, if they want to.

Are you aware that you can have the same contentment by not knowing that God exists, not worrying about whether or not God exists, and not spending your life acting as if God exists anyway in spite of no evidence of that, and that you will burn in Hell if you don't believe that He exists, and you follow all the prescribed guidelines of whatever particular belief system you follow?

Yes, in over 40 years of working, learning and participating in the Christian church, very seriously, I got a certain contentment out of being busy, because church provided something to do with basically the same people at least once a week, plus it gave you a sense of being better than the rest of the people who did not go to church, so that had a false self esteem factor to it.

I have also learned later in life that there are lots of other things that people do as a group which can be done on a weekly or more frequent basis, that you can be just as committed to as to belief in a god, and these things do not have any horrible threats hanging over them, if you fail to meet the mark.

They also do not divide people so much as beliefs in a god do.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#564649 Jul 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because CJ is a Troll.
Calling other people "fools" - never made anyone smarter. Except in their own mind.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#564650 Jul 30, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
he claim to be god alone,
according to psychiatric diagnoze ,
g_o_d is maniacial shisophrenic having narcistic VISIONS,AND HALUCINATIOS above all and claims to be god,or angel reincarnated from 10 Ad as psychotic flat human brain named G_0_D
canadian minister testified in april 2013 that few like G_O_D alliens came from orion and pleyades galactic as alliens- gods, and 3 of them reside in america
one is G_0_D god goof, and 2 of them reside Top level of american congress and white house,
each of them have different agendas,
only G_0_D escaped prison from Pleyades stars and land here as primitive bum babling 24 hours only on Internet
hahaha - guys like him sure make it interesting and provide us with enough comic material to get us thru a boring day:-)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#564651 Jul 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, you must have mistaken me for a Christian.
umm......i never heard the ants eyes revelation from a Christian; that was all yours! Our God has a Name above all others and clearly reveals Himself to anyone who 'wills to do His will':)

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#564652 Jul 30, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not quite accurate.
When one leaves the faith of Christianity there are repercussions. Some who at one time that called you friend suddenly feel different about you. Others that at one time thought you were a good person now see you as the enemy...an angel of darkness...a demoniac.
Very few of those that used to call you "brother or sister" wish you good luck.
When Matt made the choice to leave his Christian faith behind...his fellow Christians (here on Topix) made him a target of that "love" that some Christians are so good at sharing with those that believe differently (yes...in case you were wondering...sarcasm).
Very true, Annie. I left my parents' church @ 18.

They regard u as suddenly of the devil, or something. Only pleasant when trying to sweet talk u back.

In the real world, that's the least of your worries.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#564653 Jul 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
There may be, but there are no atheists on this thread, that's for certain.
What definition of "atheist" are you using?
Bongo

Union City, NJ

#564654 Jul 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Credentialed Drs and others have proven that atheists have a psychological disorder and traits that are very predictable. Dave Nelson can attest to what is known as a "topix atheist". The group known as atheists are a small part of society at large.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#564655 Jul 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, that's for sure
I saw your other post saying it can be easy to get sucked back in. I think in part it is because no matter how long of a break is taken, Topix has a habit of having the exact same conversations going no matter how long you are gone. People spend literally years making the same argument. So the same thing someone may have tired of before they left is the same thing they see when they get back. Although I think when people take a step back and a break from Topix and do other things in real life, they appreciate all the more that they have that option.
Hope to see ya again soon. If you ever have any interest in FB you just talk to some of the women that have been in the family group. You would be amazed at how many faces from the past are still around. Not often mind you but they are all accessible. It is basically like the reason for coming back here except no landmines to dodge:)
(T) Peace
Your right and if you think about it it’s actually funny. But then sometimes I have a weird sense of humor.

Thank you for the heads up on FB. I guess Face book is fun but I just can’t seem to get into it. And some jerk may get on there just to get personal information. As long as I’m on topix, even if it isn’t often, I probably will not be on FB. I do have some E-Mails including yours so I can chat with someone that way. I don’t often anymore but I can. Even if I don’t have someone’s E-Mail I can probably get a message to them through someone else.

I like seeing you here too and miss you and some others when I’m not here. I guess that’s why I keep coming back. Plus I don’t like someone trying to tell me what I can and can’t do on topix LOL, except topix itself.
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#564656 Jul 30, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are very full of yourself aren't you?
Here's a newsflash Bubba, Christians have been "picked on" by people like you since Topix was started. And we will probably be picked on by the likes of you long after you've shuffled off of this planet. And if you think what you're doing does anything other then make those that you've targeted laugh at how pitiful you are then you're more delusional then I thought.
So don't sit there puffing yourself up thinking you and you're ilk are doing anything new because your not. And for sure don't go puffing up your ego thinking you're anything original that's doing something that hasn't been done many times before, and long before you got here, by people much smarter and much more witty then you'll ever be.
Hey RA,
I see that others see Him and his puffed up ego too. He thinks he is stopping Christianity. What an overly inflated ego. But you know what happens when something is overly inflated. And against God too. I’d write POW!!! but it doesn’t do justice to what happens. I hope after he hits, the dust settles and he has nothing to bring him joy he remembers the one who he has been in a war with will still be there for him, IF he is willing to go to Him. Because after that happens it just keeps goes down hill without God. I wonder how heard that heart is. Man I’m telling you, he better let that heart soften a little. I do not like Ians and his attitude but I want good for him. I hope he lets go and lets God. It’s not my choice though, only he can stop and listen. I really think that is why sometimes God allows us to run into that brick wall. It tends to stop us for a little while and gives us a chance IMO. Then it is up to us.
Hers to having faith in God Brother,
HFN

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#564657 Jul 30, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not quite accurate.
When one leaves the faith of Christianity there are repercussions. Some who at one time that called you friend suddenly feel different about you. Others that at one time thought you were a good person now see you as the enemy...an angel of darkness...a demoniac.
Very few of those that used to call you "brother or sister" wish you good luck.
When Matt made the choice to leave his Christian faith behind...his fellow Christians (here on Topix) made him a target of that "love" that some Christians are so good at sharing with those that believe differently (yes...in case you were wondering...sarcasm).
No I was not wondering.

Again, that's the result of another attribute of Christianity, the individualistic component.

I would not have treated this 'Matt from Akron' that way.

It's Stupid for a Christian to be upset with anybody for leaving Christianity. That Christian is neither responsible for or is under any obligation to make that person stay a Christian.

Every Christian is responsible for themselves before Jesus Christ. So I guess you would have to take that up with those "other" Christians you talked about. But as for me, you want to leave Christianity--seyanora and good luck. Your leaving Christianity has nothing to with me being a Christian.

Maybe this Matt from Akron' fella person wants to give up Christianity, but keep Jesus Christ. No reason for a Christian to think that person is an angel of darkness or a demon.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#564659 Jul 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the minor fact that he is almost always 100% correct have any relevance to what you just said? Christianity has drastically declined in my lifetime, perhaps not as a way of life, but as people going to church, reading their Bibles, etc. Rural communities, when I was young, basically either went to church on Sunday or did nothing, whereas today it is the exception that goes to church on Sunday and the rest are doing other things on Sunday because in some countries, at least, Sunday is still considered a holiday from work, except for essential services, and now, most retail outlets.
You're an Ex Christian too, just like him.

So I repeat my point. He convinced you, the already convinced.

Pointless exercise to me, but he is accomplishing something with convincing the already convinced. I guess that's his mission, so carry on.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#564660 Jul 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>We are pretty much at a standstill. I disagree with your assessment of the church and Christianity and have written in detail why I disagree.
So you can continue to write to convince the already convinced. And Christians will simply continue to disagree with you.
And that's is all you're accomplishing. Convincing the already convinced and strengthening those that disagree with you even more.
So good luck.
Hey T,
I didn’t read his post but did yours. Sounds right to me.
HFN

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#564661 Jul 30, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey T,
I didn’t read his post but did yours. Sounds right to me.
HFN
Of course. They left Christianity, they want to convince themselves Christianity is dying when the raw numbers and facts are Christianity is growing.

So facts be damned. What do you do with people like that? let them continue to convince themselves. They are not hurting anybody, they are certainly not hurting Christianity.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564662 Jul 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Google Militia, KKK and Neo-Nazi for a start
Which militia?

The KKK and Neo-Nazis fight for race superiority, not for God.

Try again.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#564663 Jul 30, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
???

eh? the dictionary meaning--
Definition of ATHEIST
noun
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheis...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#564664 Jul 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have very nice feet. Do you have a thing for feet or shoes ?
I am of the opinion the human body is beautiful.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564665 Jul 30, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm......i never heard the ants eyes revelation from a Christian; that was all yours! Our God has a Name above all others and clearly reveals Himself to anyone who 'wills to do His will':)
What does your deity call itself ?

The Jews and Muslims say your deity's name can never be spoken and/or no one can know God's name.

What does the Universe call itself ?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#564666 Jul 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone needs to.
I have no problem carrying the lame.
But not you.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564667 Jul 30, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, Annie. I left my parents' church @ 18.
They regard u as suddenly of the devil, or something. Only pleasant when trying to sweet talk u back.
In the real world, that's the least of your worries.
The Amish and Mennonites (and others) will let apostates starve or freeze to death. Until recently, excommunication/shunning was a death sentence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min justthefacts 981,410
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Michael 673,408
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 26 min Lonestar 104,828
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 52 min East Coast Larry 2
News Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 54 min Mojo Hojo 1,562
News Continue reading O'Reilly wig comment just the ... 1 hr slick willie expl... 3
Well.......now I KNOW I won't buy with Amazon.com 3 hr Pizza Delivery 2
More from around the web