Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#564467 Jul 29, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Questions asked. Questions answered.
Your response is voluntary. It was not elicited.
<quoted text>
We both physically harmed people. He got a jailor. I got a Psychiatrist. A simple twist of fate.
I'm justfuckin with ya now :)
Anyway, we both did something that society deemed wrong and we were dealt with according to the laws of our state. He was an adult and I was not. We both got locked into our rooms at night.
<quoted text>
I comprehend. It doesn't bother me. He's not a threat to me.
<quoted text>
Of course it taught him something. You don't experience that without learning. I don't know what it taught him but I know that he learned something. There is no way around that as far as I know.
<quoted text>
I don't. Skom and I have something in common. That's the extent of it. I understand what he's talking about when he mentions incarceration. Other than that, we are quite different. I'm fairly sure he's not an Asian lesbian atheist.
<quoted text>
I can deal with that.
Hey Tam!

Been taking a break from Topix again. No specific reason, just have had other things I have been doing. But someone sent me a t-mail because they though I would appreciate this post you wrote. They were right and I just wanted to say thanks. I was never going to go and read the back-posts being a couple weeks behind so I am glad I didn't miss this.

I think most things in life are learning experiences if we let them be. Especially the more challenging times. And sometimes they simply allow us the time to engage in introspection. I certainly would have made the same choice to put myself in harm's way to defend a very good friend of mine who was injured and was about to become more injured. But when it happened, it wasn't that long after one of my best friends was killed and I wasn't exactly in a good place emotionally. While I definitely did not see it as an opportunity when I was sentenced, the time i spent there ended up being a blessing in disguise. I got to know myself a lot better. I got to do a lot of thinking about the things I placed value on and how superficial they were like drinking and sleeping around. It made me really think about what was important to me and in life in general. I reconnected with God when I had allowed the gap to grow wide. I got in the best shape physically and mentally that I had ever been in. I walked out of there a wiser person. Although it took me some time to fully appreciate that.

Anyway, I was kind of touched when I read your post. I hope everything has been good with you my friend. I am going to try to check in more often and hope you are around when I do

(T) Peace

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#564468 Jul 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived near forests for most of my life.
Bears, racoons, foxes, coyotes, etc. all over the place
No problems
You might have never had any type of problems with them so one tells me food supply most probably plentiful and two most of them never ventured into you living area. Cause that is what happens when they looking for food and some of them have no fear of humans.
They will come in no matter where you are, if hungry enough. Nature has it minus and pluses and balances and checks.

Location hidden

#564469 Jul 29, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Le Le,
I have clicked on a link but am doing it less and less. Not wanting a virus seems like a reasonable reason to me.
Give it some time and you will most likely see a lot you haven’t yet. Some things are ok or not ok depending on how it can be used to a persons benefit.
I just don’t like all this swapping insults and trying to see who can top the other with a nasty remark. That’s why I’m not in here as much. It is so easy for me to get drawn into it. And really, what good is that kind of posting doing. If anything I think it makes both sides look pathetic. I know I don’t want to go back and read some of my pathetic posts.
It’s good to see you my friend. Believe it or not I have missed you.:)
HFN
Hey HFN!

Saw you stopped in and just waving HI:)

Location hidden

#564470 Jul 29, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>

Happy someone .. In Christ.. Believes in me..
In Christ eh?

So, is it official?

All praise the Topix god of alliances, he continues to work in very predictable ways

:)

Location hidden

#564471 Jul 29, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
You might have never had any type of problems with them so one tells me food supply most probably plentiful and two most of them never ventured into you living area. Cause that is what happens when they looking for food and some of them have no fear of humans.
They will come in no matter where you are, if hungry enough. Nature has it minus and pluses and balances and checks.
Weused to have a cottage up north and there was a wild bluejay that would fly down and perch on your hand and hop in the car or get up on a table and eat right next to you. Yet it would go after bugs in the air so it was definitely still a wild bird, it just learned to be around humans.

The cottage was in a private community with nothing really within miles and its own security although people could literally leave their doors unlocked at night. I mention that just to paint a picture of how peaceful it was both with the actual people and the area itself as it was surrounded by woods and water all over. Deer would come right up to salt-licks in backyards.

There is something very amazing to me when man and nature are on the same side. It is a shame it so rarely happens

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#564472 Jul 29, 2013
Well, only read back one day. May venture back further but I doubt it. Mainly just wanted to stop in and peek around. Hope everyone is doing well.

(T) Peace

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#564473 Jul 29, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
For those who are interested.
The spirit speaks (1 Timothy 4:1)
The spirit teaches (1 Corinthians 2:3)
The spirit makes intercession (Romans 8:26)
The spirit distributes the gifts (1 Corinthians 12:11)
The spirit invites the sinner (Revelation 22:17)
The Spirit of Radio(Rush 4:57)

Spirit in the Sky(Greenbaum

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#564474 Jul 29, 2013
oops.

Spirit in the Sky(Greenbaum 3:55)

I gotta go. I'll see you when I see you.

Later folks.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#564475 Jul 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Well, only read back one day. May venture back further but I doubt it. Mainly just wanted to stop in and peek around. Hope everyone is doing well.
(T) Peace
Hi Skom!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564476 Jul 29, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Bumped into a black bear on the porch.
Had to put down a rabid raccoon.
Dad almost had to shoot a coyote but it stopped charging him just in time.

Either learn to live with nature or go away. It is more important than we are.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564477 Jul 29, 2013
scaritual wrote:
oops.
Spirit in the Sky(Greenbaum 3:55)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AZQxH_8raCIXX
I gotta go. I'll see you when I see you.
Later folks.
Hippie!

LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564478 Jul 29, 2013
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#564479 Jul 29, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey HFN!
Saw you stopped in and just waving HI:)
Hey Skombolis!
Waving back. Good to see you my friend. I hope you can check in more. A brake from topix is good every once in awhile. It keeps us from becoming too cynical. LOL
HFN
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#564480 Jul 29, 2013
Goodnight you all..

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#564481 Jul 29, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Christianity has done a lot of Charity work all over the world.
So people continue to claim. I guess that you expect others to believe that that amounts to more than just a few crumbs - a handful of percent - from its huge collection plate on faith like you do.

But I don't, and for the reasons given right here on this thread - lack of evidence.
trifecta1 wrote:
And believe me there is a lot of evil Christianity has done.
Believe YOU? That's the message you fight tooth and nail every day. The question is whether you can DEMONSTRATE - not claim, but demonstrate - that your crumbs of charity even come close to compensating for that great evil you agree that your church does.
trifecta1 wrote:
there is a lot I can criticize Christianity for. But I'm still proud to be a Christian
You're proud of all of that evil you mentioned? I'm proud to oppose it.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#564482 Jul 29, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
If u feed them, they will love u. Best way to an animal's heart...

I had a little possum once that would eat a banana out of my hand. She would walk right up to me, and let me stroke that lovely fur, just like a cat.

Fennario

#564483 Jul 29, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
happy for it's continued growth both in population and resources.
Your church is dying in the West. As we discussed recently, your church is essentially powerless in all of Europe, Australia, and Canada, and is hemorrhaging social and political clout in America.

Other than the US, your church only determines policy and social mores in Latin America, which is also becoming more secular through satellite telecommunications and the Internet, although it still lags behind the European West.

Everywhere in the West, the church is either losing political and social power, or has already lost it. If that's the kind of growth you mean, then I wish you continued success.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#564485 Jul 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info, Quin.
Good to see you again.
You're welcome G. Ever heard of a guy named Matisyahu? Probaly not... I never have until a couple days ago at the gym when a music video came on... I had to stop working out to see this. Pretty... um... interesting.

Looked at his bio and he was born here in the states, non-Jamaican...he did grow up Jewish, backslid from that and I guess found his way back but he came back with an interesting mix...

crazy/funny/interesting/divers e and things that make you go hmmmmm, huh?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#564486 Jul 29, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
We'd have to construct something that acts like a central nervous system.
You probably haven't seen Ghost in the Shell, have you?
I have.

Fennario

#564487 Jul 29, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
What you seemed to have missed is everyone is way too busy telling someone else how to think, what to think
But not you.

Do you have any more of those proverbs?
lil whispers wrote:
those that think they know it all
But not you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Gabriel 992,348
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 39 min DR X 53,100
Who are the most racist people towards inter-ra... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 2 hr Doctor REALITY 26
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Phooey 693,483
Savannah Brinson James: I'm really happy 4 U 4 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Holy Pipek 446,005
More from around the web