Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#564291 Jul 29, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it really doesn't take much of an effort to stand up for friends. How about standing up for the downtrodden ??.
.. integrity is the crowning achievement of a life worth living ..
" If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?"

"Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me. Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564292 Jul 29, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't get beyond the fact she is a child..
You obviously can..
Wouldn't want you talking to a child if mine like this..
River isn't a child.
She is a very intelligent and witty young woman.

May my own daughter be as blessed.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564293 Jul 29, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with this up to a certain point. We have to give our children enough room to explore what b might be but we owe it to them to guide them in the right direction.
For instance...there was a time that my son considered majoring in accounting. Even though he is great at math and logical thinking I knew (because I know him well) that he would have been miserable. When he considered law school I suggested that he intern first at a law firm. Within a few months he realized that being a lawyer was not for him.
Did I tell him what point b should be...no...but I did guide him into furthering his search for point b.
<quoted text>
In many cases this is correct...we fail to teach. However there are those times that no matter what is taught the student has no desire to learn. Often this is due to apathy and at times due to rebellion.
Sometimes we just have to sit back and let our children make mistakes (at least those that do no harm). Failure at times can be the best teacher.
The hardest part of life is discovering what you DON'T want to be.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564294 Jul 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're spiritually dull so whatever you're doing must not be working;)
I understand you prefer flamboyant liars.

Carrion

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564295 Jul 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
see what i'm say'n......:-(
God isn't in any book.
There is no Magic Man in the Clouds.

When you can see the face of God in the eye of an ant, then you may hear the voice of God in the wind.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564296 Jul 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i've spent many years under a bapti-costal influence; believe me, i know.....
Male or Female ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564297 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I was thinking...(I know, right?)...Are there "American food" restaurants in China like there are "Chinese food" restaurants here?
Burger Joints and Coca-Cola are every where.

LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564298 Jul 29, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And you never will. I can only show you, not make you see.
Jesus says that quite often in the Bible.

<smile>

He failed most of the time, too.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#564299 Jul 29, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Feeding christians to lions even before there was a christian movement?
Do IQ's spontaneously drop when you 'get religion' or is it a pre-requisite for the 'getting' thereof?
Touche'.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564300 Jul 29, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
How very interesting, thanks G.
I could imagine that's how it was back then. They developed a victim mentality - surprise!
Ironically, the Roman Church declared suicide a sin because at one point a Chrisitan sect wanted to be martyred but couldn;t get anyone to kill them. They would bick fights trying to get people to "persecute them" but people ignored them. In the end they all jumped of a cliff to kill themselves.

The Church declared the "Age of Martyrdom" was ended and that suicide was immediately sending you to Hell.

Most of Christianity's doctrines are like that, a bunch of lies invented by Church leaders. Still is today.

Recall how the RCC made Limbo then after a few hundred years decided it didn't exist ?

What is surprising is that after 2000 years people think these "Church Fathers" were anything more than lunatics, con men and liars.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#564301 Jul 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I'll back you on that one.
Thanks, babe.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564302 Jul 29, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
.... Human effort accomplishes nothing....
Then why even bother posting ?

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#564303 Jul 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Then top o´the morning to you, lassie.
Aye, top of the morning to ye.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#564304 Jul 29, 2013
<quoted text>
I guess so. I just wanted to share some of my culture's wisdom with Lil Whispers, since she was kind enough to share hers.
I get it now, lol. There's heaps of things we could post.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#564305 Jul 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The hardest part of life is discovering what you DON'T want to be.
Hey Darwin,
I thought this deserved a second posting. Food for thought. Learning from your mistakes seems to fit in there somewhere too.
HFN

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564306 Jul 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, babe.
Your welcome.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#564307 Jul 29, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Darwin,
I thought this deserved a second posting. Food for thought. Learning from your mistakes seems to fit in there somewhere too.
HFN
Yep.

My parents pointed out some of the potholes in the road of life. I discovered the road had changed considerably.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#564308 Jul 29, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
he heeeeeee
you are again with this gossip crap, babling BS, and worries to much about cyber mutts
go today for nes pescription, and try to put ointment on your head hit by horse shoe?
Hopefully you got your d out of your a...maybe next time you will keep your a closed and just open your m.

Though one time I did tell someone that if you don't want something shoved in your m...keep your m closed.

That is my advice for the day.

FYI...they make some b m that will make your m smell s.

Don't forget...roasted d will be more pleasing in your m.

I don't eat d but you go right ahead...I won't judge you for eating d.

“It's Time. . .”

New Holland

#564309 Jul 29, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of those points are equivalent to being fed to the lions in the arena?
I'm sure many of them actually regret not being persecuted by the romans...
...so they demonstrate their faith in the blood soaked arena of...internet fora...
No lions, but I'd say there's a few pussycats here.

Since: May 11

Hersham, UK

#564310 Jul 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, the Roman Church declared suicide a sin because at one point a Chrisitan sect wanted to be martyred but couldn;t get anyone to kill them. They would bick fights trying to get people to "persecute them" but people ignored them. In the end they all jumped of a cliff to kill themselves.
The Church declared the "Age of Martyrdom" was ended and that suicide was immediately sending you to Hell.
Most of Christianity's doctrines are like that, a bunch of lies invented by Church leaders. Still is today.
Recall how the RCC made Limbo then after a few hundred years decided it didn't exist ?
What is surprising is that after 2000 years people think these "Church Fathers" were anything more than lunatics, con men and liars.
Martyrology was intrinsic to the christians, to the point that the romans began to avoid them because they'd demand to be executed.

It's like something out of monty python. Imagine some fool bringing his own bag of rocks and demanding to be stoned?

Imagine you're a Roman legionary on your way to Lyon under Marcus Aurelius and some hairy arsed vagrant sidles up to you and says all conspiratorial-like,

"You couldn't do me a favour could you?...Run me through with your gladius, there's a good chap, it's just my mate was stoned by a mob, it would be a real feather in my cap to be killed by a Roman like the boss was...".

as for limbo.........what happened to all of the unbaptised babies who happen to have existed in limbo for the 2000 years until the point it was decided that limbo was a bad marketing tool? What must their poor simple parents have been through?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min Tellthetruth 994,020
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Drumpf Disaster 58,841
☑️____Antichrist in plain view____ 2 hr Feb 2018 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr MOGADORE 446,236
MESSAGE to Adam Lanza IN HELL 4 hr Peanut Headz 6
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 4 hr epicpoopguy420 39
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr MOGADORE 4,493
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr MOGADORE 695,316
More from around the web