Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#564099 Jul 28, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL What am I thinking now?:)
Would you believe if I told you I really don't care.?
I find you boring.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#564100 Jul 28, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You,
My heart IS for those who haven't accepted. Arent we all suppose to have that kind of heart? At least they were willing to discuss things with me. At least they were before the Christians started in. We don't do a very good job of showing unity and love so WHY would they do anything but shrug it off. That makes me furious at other Christians. I give up on these debates because the Christians on here make a mockery of Christianity and God. Sorry if I offended you but you should learn to take certain things in private and find out why and what someone else fells led to do. I shouldn't have to ask another believers permission to open up a civil conversation about Jesus to an unbeliever. You have no clue where this was leading. Thanks for that also
There is no doubt that I have much to learn :)
May you rest well tonight.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#564101 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the plain wood things I get Lee Ho Fook's.
Oh yeah, for killing tiny vampires in London. LOL

4 out of 5 dentists prefer anal sex.

You didn't hear that here. M'Kay?

“What game?”

Location hidden

#564102 Jul 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
With costs and benefits, sure.
I doubt you upset River. She's pretty tough.
I'm really quite cuddly.

;-p

Location hidden

#564103 Jul 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I sincerely hope you didn't take my comments as being intolerant and disrespectful. It wasn't my intent. We may yet have things in common. 30 years is a long time. A lifetime for some and more than that for others. I base my views on what I've seen and experienced. You have, most likely, seen more than I.
<quoted text>
I have no control over the first two and very little control over the third. I've voted for 1 president. That's because this culture thought my opinion didn't count before I was 18 years old. I understand.
<quoted text>
I have learned those rules and I'm, arguably, very good at that.
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qE2Vdcv9Q_oXX
As the mother of two very healthy and very white males. I find your judgements out if line..
You think you know more than your elders.. You do not..
And your words prove it..

“What game?”

Location hidden

#564104 Jul 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to get finely ground happiness from Mexico.
Me too !!!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4119/494214962...

Location hidden

#564105 Jul 28, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
" I will not apologize. But the spirit in me says to back off. So I will.
No, I am not always right or anything close to it. And I am not perfect, far from it.
You said something to the affect of me coming with swords swinging :) I have 5 pages prepared and that was just getting warmed up. Had you been the author, it would have been a good show :)"
You will see by these 5 pages that your energy will not go to waste.
God Bless you B/man, I like your honesty. Take Care my Brother and we might catch up another time. In the meantime, I didn't see any answer to anyone re your open question of a couple of days back. I would have to find it at some point now... up river!:)
Yes, up river :)

Have a blessed day Peace Warrior :) And be blessed, for you are :)

Location hidden

#564107 Jul 28, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you believe if I told you I really don't care.?
I find you boring.
Thank You :)

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#564108 Jul 28, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me??? To be quite honest, These brothers you are referring to have NOT treated me like they care at all. Ians has treated me with nothing but respect. Yes, He ridicules the Church but have you ever tried to find out WHY? Maybe he was hurt by the church and you are rubbing salt in the wound with all your hypocrisy. Ians opinion About God will NEVER change Who God is and it will never change my Love for God. You allow your flesh to lead you and ignore the leading of the Spirit.
Yours is a kind and thoughtful post.

Some stable somewhere

#564109 Jul 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really quite cuddly.
;-p
aaaaahhhhh

<cuddle>

Location hidden

#564112 Jul 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't piss me off. Your opinions are valuable to me.
I don't need to be accommodated. Say what's on your mind. Trust me, if I have an opinion on the subject, I'll let you know.
I like you too.
:-)
From the book of Bernie, not the Bible :)

Bernie 3:1 It is better to be pissed of than it is to be pissed on :)

Location hidden

#564113 Jul 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I said, "If the goal is to win".
Sometimes, it's not about winning. Sometimes, just playing the game is enough.
Can I be ruthless? I can. Will my opponent know the difference? Almost at once. It's always a guessing game beforehand, isn't it?
I remember reading your posts in WV.. During the Camping bs..
You had those ladies in a tizzie - worrying about you..
Some guy at a party wouldn't leave you alone?? You play everyone.. Huh?

River plays games., yes??
Having fun?

Calling your bluff.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#564114 Jul 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet. No worries then.
Here's the thing - your religion can get better, it just needs to update its moral system, get rid of the sexism and the bigotry.
lets just put it out there that you believe zeus is as real as Jesus Christ. I know that. But even if you believe Jesus Christ is mythology--from what has been written about Him, do you think Jesus Christ was a sexist or a bigot?

“What game?”

Location hidden

#564115 Jul 28, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey RA,
It’s good to see your too my Brother. We are ok but I have asked that anyone who would would pray about an unspoken thing. Thank you in advance because I know you will. I hope you and yours are well too. I hope you are healing good.
I too would like to think everyone would be saved. But that would mean denying self, believing in and accepting Jesus sacrifice and asking God into your life. Going by what has been said in this thread alone it looks like not all are willing to do that.
God gave us free will to be cleansed of our sins by Jesus or to choose not to be cleansed, to go our own way and obey self instead of God. No sin in heaven so no cleansing, no heaven.
Romans 3:20) "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."
----------
The Bible says it pretty plainly.
Romans 10:9-10
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Hebrews 7:25
Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them
Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
Ephesians 2:8,9 ) "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Acts 4:12) "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
1 Timothy 2:5) "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"
John 3:16 " For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:36 "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."
John 8:24 " I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."
John 10:1 " Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber."
John 10:9 " I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."
John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
1 Corinthians 3:11 "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ."
1 John 5:12 "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
God gave us free will to be cleansed of our sins by Jesus or to choose not to be cleansed, to go our own way and obey self instead of God. No sin in heaven so no cleansing, no heaven.
My friend swears by Summer's Eve but I find the CVS equivalent to be just as good. Plus, it's cheaper !!!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#564116 Jul 28, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Why burn em or lynch em when there are easier ways to do it? But then I'm sure you already know that with the Christians you've snuffed out.
LOL

“What game?”

Location hidden

#564117 Jul 28, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> hmmm half

How am I doing now? Do you enjoy the beat?

Some stable somewhere

#564118 Jul 28, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> lets just put it out there that you believe zeus is as real as Jesus Christ. I know that. But even if you believe Jesus Christ is mythology--from what has been written about Him, do you think Jesus Christ was a sexist or a bigot?
I'm pretty sure that Jesus at least existed, whereas Zeus only existed in the minds of believers. Jesus most certainly has an existence in your mind.

I haven't got a clue what Jesus' thoughts were on same sex sex or women. And, to be honest, they don't really matter. You wrote that your religion was sexist and bigoted, in that it's anti-homosexual. So the problem isn't necessarily with what Jesus may or may not have thought (unless he actually had bigotry and sexism put into his religious teachings, and then he's culpable), but the problem lies with believers.

Hence, I wrote that you can change your religion to be less discriminatory and, thereby,'better' in terms of how it treats people.

Location hidden

#564119 Jul 28, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
all of us have to day by day to learn and grow in grace
good night bernie
I assume GW is good sweet lady, humble able to accept what is from Bible.
Indeed :)
Good Night Dr shrink :)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#564120 Jul 28, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
From the book of Bernie, not the Bible :)
Bernie 3:1 It is better to be pissed of than it is to be pissed on :)
Hi;

I not here to do no whizzing. Just dropping in with a hello and hope you doin fine and a great big God bless you.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#564121 Jul 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty good.
haHAAA.
A well done job is a job well done.
A well dug well is well done. A well done well is, well, done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Joe Fortuna 980,318
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min ROCCO 101,146
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Sky Writer 31 184,309
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min guest 670,529
secret weapon contributing to global chaos...pa... 24 min modell299 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Shiralee 445,671
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 5 hr Blackwomenrule 89
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr David C Pumpkins 286,468
More from around the web